Search found more than 1968 matches

Return

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Anyone else notice most Crows and Port supporters lack a sense of humour.
Also have noticed Swans fans don't have a sense of humour, just have to mention how the COLA is equivalent to cheating. :D

On the contrary. I think it's hilarious, especially when it has only become an issue since Sydney won a premiership.
On the contrary to your contrary, I think most people (not west coast & Hawthorn fans obviously) were happy Sydney finally won some flags. It has more been an issue since the dodgy back door recruiting of Tippet & Buddy.

Yes heaven forbid a club should recruit. I fail to see what was "dodgy" about their recruiting process. They bid and were successful. Simple.

The Buddy deal might come back to bite them on the arse at some stage but that's a separate matter.
by JK
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

mickey wrote:Can someone check to see if Bully hasn't topped himself yet

It's not like it's the first time he would have seen them concede 3 in the first 15 minutes this year
by JK
Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

And there I was thinking you were a Crows fan Micky .. Not the case obviously?
by JK
Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Interesting to hear on AFL360 the Crows have been talking with the AFL to make Thursday Night Home matches a regular timeslot for their home games.

Could they alienate families anymore!!

DONT CARE
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuZtPZhPh6SghLnERpODYA0B_6KbpuVlXJ_Fqzvqbxt1EjAyzV
by JK
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If something as small as that turns you off being a member then the crows won't miss you

Speaking from my perspective it confirms my decision to turn my back on the club. Started out with salary cap breaches (the CEO should have walked for that one), the reserves issues with the lies and back flips coming out of their offices and finally the marketing department treating the general supporter base like morons with this 19th man concept and the chanting sessions is just the cherry on top

The biggest over site in all of that is that the Chairman and other board members should have walked for the Tippett cheating fiasco but far too easily escaped public criticism.

This chanting stuff adds just another level to the Crows embarrassing the entire state, whether you support them or not.
by JK
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

Port setup is different to the crows. Port don't have a set amount it will pay the SANFL, it will hand back it's annual dividend generated by the SANFL. Port membership also works the same as every other SANFL club, so you can buy just a home game membership or a home and away membership. Not sure how much the other clubs make off the home and away membership. In saying all that though how much actually goes back to the clubs no one knows, more then likely they will receive nothing.

Port have come out of the reserves debacle with alot more respect than the corporate crows have!!

That I think most people will agree upon.

I concur
I concur with your concur
concurrent concurrences, nice!
by JK
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

Considering they have won 11 out of their last 12 against the tigers- wouldnt be the worst bet.

I work with a Richmond fan, I asked him how confident he was. he wasn't that confident and then told me that stat!

he did say and was hoping no Judd, Betts, walker would help the tigers chances

Kreuzer in doubt too. not that he ever does much anyway.
by JK
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

As I said.... three reports in a trial game. Id be proud.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

3 high tackles, one with a hip and shoulder, one with a careless clothesline and the other I couldn't give a 100% call on as it was the outer wing which was in darkness, but it looked like just a careless high tackle.
Clinch's is the only won that will probably get games probably.
Careless hip and shoulder in front of the old grandstand.

Definitely nothing to make a scene or special mention at if you saw them.

Port twitter feed definitely has Newtons as occuring in 3/4 time break at 7:59 pm. At 8:01 first goal of quarter mentioned as being 4 mins in. If it wasnt in break its within a minute.
Again though... unless the umpires have gone super soft three reports suggests something.

4 mins in means play resumed at 7:57?
by JK
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ALL of the finals in 2014 to be played at Adelaide Oval

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Didn't the sanfl confirm that finals were to be played at suburban grounds last year?

Yep lol, didn't take long
by JK
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

Panther Pack wrote:This whole issue is farcical if Norwood get belted by Port on Thursday night how will Norwood supporters feel, what can be done about it?

Can't speak for my comprades, but if we get rolled we dust ourselves off and hope we can respond the following week, same as any other time we lose.
by JK
Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

I'd still take Butcher over McKernan, although it's a bit like choosing whether to root Venus or Serena
by JK
Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Pretty simple, TB. Numerous people on this forum who were at the game have said that there were less than 500 Crow supporters at the game. You can choose to believe them, or to believe Triggy.
Yeah coz the numerous people on this forum are not bias in any way & wouldn't lie.
Trust the people that were there! If they did have more than 500 there it would have been even more embarrassing the lack of noise they put out. Mind you we did put them in their place pretty early on both on and off the field. Made them welcome as a bad bout of herpes! ;)

There's a good bout of Herps? :shock:
by JK
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

I am not one to stick up for "we are always hard done by after a loss Liverpool" but what grounds are they overcrowding that you say ?

LMAO yep. Wiltshere's injured, Ramsey's injured, Ozil misses him mum, Giroud doesn't know which hole to stick it in next, Wenger is crap. You guys go ok yourselves ;)
by JK
Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

From memory, watching on the box on Saturday, it just looked like Barmby was trying to apply a solid bump/shepherd but made contact with the head (not intentionally). Wouldn't have even been considered for a report a few years ago, but the "head is sacrosanct" philosophy would be what's prompted the report. As WHUFC said, Flip appeared to have zero awareness of the incoming contact so left himself open. I certainty didn't think there was any malice or sinister intent in it and if contact was made high it was unintentional.
by JK
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

bennymacca wrote:just on that, when was the last time a team lost by 150 points in the SANFL? maybe sturt 15 years ago when they were bottom every year? shit, that might have even been 20 years ago. im getting old.

Sadly I think I know the answer to this :oops: , and I suspect you might too
by JK
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

Disagree - the extra player ALWAYS advantages the clubs with greatest depth. Footy is a warriors game - leave it be

Then surely the onus is on all clubs to have a deep enough list?

Whether it's 2, 3 or 4 on the bench it's the same for all clubs, so they all have the same responsibility to manage their list sufficiently.
by JK
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Just started and finished all 8 seasons of Weeds and loved it, kinda sad that it came to an end.

A couple of times late in the series I thought it was heading toward losing interest, but they managed to pull it back (imho) each time.

I'll miss the Botwin's and Doug Wilson. Doug is ******* hilarious! Some of his one liners are perfect! Cum guzzling thunder ****!

Yeah he and Andy stole the show on most occasions. Doug Wilson is one of my favourite characters ever!!

Andy Botwin: Things with wifey slowing down, huh?
Doug Wilson: It used to be wild. I mean intense, but how do you ask the woman who makes your kids lunches to suck your balls and spread her ass open like a geometry compass?
[short pause]
Doug Wilson: How Andy, how?
Andy Botwin: [cowering] I don't like this game anymore.
by JK
Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

Gratz Johnnyboy!!
by JK
Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Norwood - Anzac Day - Post Game

Well done to both clubs and supporters, 10k is a great crowd. Was the atmosphere lost in the new Adelaide Oval or did it still hold up? Did they close off the stands? Wish i had went now to check it all out.

Atmosphere was good mate .. North fans would have loved that final quarter and were going off accordingly.
by JK
Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Norwood - Anzac Day - Post Game

Bassett just called and said North got really lucky.

We lost the game as much as North won it.
by JK
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

bennymacca wrote:Hole shit the sky is falling in, reserves teams are too shit again after being too good last week

Port aren't, it's just your mob ;)
by JK
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC DAY ROUND 6 - live scores, results & chit chat.

If the crows get up they can thank Sloane
by JK
Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC DAY ROUND 6 - live scores, results & chit chat.

dont get me wrong, i agree. they should either ban the bump entirely, or relax the rules to allow accidental head contact. Asking these players to walk a tightrope where they can bump as long as they dont hurt the bloke or whatever is just ridiculous.

It seems like they are trying to police the bump out of the game, but dont have the balls to outright ban it, or, do the more sensible option and allow bumps including the occasional accidental head contact, but outlaw the outright shirtfronts etc.

Top post - Spot on imho!!
by JK
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

Job No.1 - Close the roof at Eithad - ******* permanently, weld the bastard shut if need be!!
by JK
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Transfer Rumours 2013/2014

woodublieve12 wrote:
Bully wrote:considering that Shrek ( wayne rooney ) is on 300,000 plus a week, it is small considering

that's ridiculous too

To be fair half of that is his meal allowance
by JK
Fri May 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

Disgraceful last quarter by us. Fourteen more scoring shots for **** all of a margin in the end.

And of course, I had the scum by 39 plus in my multi.

******* game!

My margin in my tips was 28 then Grundy kicks that F**king goal to make it 34 :roll:

Yeah same .. ******* Carlton can't even lose properly!!
by JK
Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

Football has changed too much for many of us, but this one is the final straw to confirm the change in the fabric of the game.

Vineys only real choices were to brace for impact as he did or step out of the way and avoid the contest all together.

The latter is what the powers that be are telling the competition they want to see, players avoid contests. Contesting the ball was the first and most basic act in the game that we've all been taught since we were nippers. AFL should never be referred to as "Australian Rules Football" again.

This is a different sport to that.
by JK
Tue May 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Dols wrote:I heard from an owner of essay raider that Leon told him it is flying and he rates it as second best horse he has trained after it's sibling Go Indy Go. Thinks it will give the goodwood a big shake.

Hope you're right mate, backed it this arvo
by JK
Fri May 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - live scores, results and chin wagging.

A lot of people forgetting that the loyalty works both ways .. Plenty of players get cut or axed by clubs they love but there's **** all sympathy for them
by JK
Sat May 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Matt Rendell - Racist or Realist?

Probably both. Crows should have hung tough against the AFL's wishes and kept him.
by JK
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think there will be changes to the Port model, but they will occur incrementally. IMHO anyone expecting wholesale changes next season is in for a rude surprise.
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:My chicken sandwich was great yesterday too.

Doesn't mean it is all time legendary in the history of sandwiches.

Great means considerably above average.

Probably good is a better word.

RRrraaayyyyy!!!

Nitpicking is in the eye of the beholder :D
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

How many goals will Tex kick tonite?? Reckon he will finish with a bag of 5.

None or 6

My money is on 2.2, with one out on the full.

With all the hype the media has given to his return, he ought to back it up with 15.0 to justify it all.

Nothing like being exact. ;)

Its very important - Could you imagine how unpopular Abbott and Hockey would be if they put out an inaccurate budget?
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loving Thursday night footy .. Nice to have a reason to get on the froffies instead of just getting on the froffies
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just backed Pies in the run - Ive done my bit for you Bennymacca, Crows should be a big chance now
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just backed Pies in the run - Ive done my bit for you Bennymacca, Crows should be a big chance now

LMAO, Collingwood only scored 1 more goal from there on, told ya BM!!! :D

I seriously didn't see that coming .. I know Im critical of the Crows and am pretty sure I will be again because I doubt they can sustain tonight's performance, but credit where it's due, they found something tonight they haven't previously this season, and have kept their year alive.
by JK
Fri May 16, 2014 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

******* great standing here for the entire quarter listening to the two Norwood supporters behind me talk about how good the Crouch boys are and how Sando should use them. Really hitting home tonight how badly our club ducked up by letting these **** in!
by JK
Fri May 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If port were also down the bottom like the crows I suspect this thread would be a whole lot shorter...

More than likely, but for mine it doesn't change the point that the competition now has 3 different sets of rules among the clubs, different Salary Cap and an inequitable draw. I try not to get drawn into the debate because it aint changing in a hurry, so no point banging on about it.
by JK
Thu May 15, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL should also be able to live off the value of land at West Lakes. Of course that's nice in theory, but most SANFL clubs have shown a penchant for living beyond their means to be competitive over the years, at some stage or another.
by JK
Mon May 19, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done boys, 50 up. Take guard again, adjust the box and kick on to the ton.

A couple of times' this thread had floundered but we've gone back to the basics and what we know works and forged on...

:lol:

It's not often I got to 50 and felt as though 100 was not there for the taking.

Should have stopped bowling after 5 overs perhaps mate? ;)
by JK
Tue May 20, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that the AFL clubs own their own licenses, I would like to hear someone in official capacity within the SANFL come out and state that the $$ from the sale of West Lakes will be held in trust purely for the 8 foundation SANFL clubs, with none of it going toward the AFL ventures.

I think that's entirely fair.

So do I, and in fact think it would create the "perfect world". The AFC and PAFC assume the sole responsibility for their P&L which they want, and the opportunity exists with the move away from Football Park for that to improve. The SANFL clubs, whilst still needing to accept responsibility for their own financial performance, have an injection of revenue to help them remain viable. Win-win I would have thought. (apologies for going slightly off topic)
by JK
Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Wentworth off to a speedy start in Season 2
by JK
Tue May 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

The Faulkners were great .. Best for marking and Torps back in the day the latter was more in vogue
by JK
Thu May 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Look I wasn't there, but anytime you have more scoring shots surely you have to blame your own mob first and foremost. We got closer than I expected but still disappointing to lose from a winnable position
by JK
Fri May 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Look I wasn't there, but anytime you have more scoring shots surely you have to blame your own mob first and foremost. We got closer than I expected but still disappointing to lose from a winnable position
Was thinking the very same JK
Easy to blame the Umps, but bad kicking is bad footy.
Got to admit the Legs were much closer than I thought they'd be.

JA top of the list for disposals. How effective is he these days?

Different to what you would have been used to at North Johnny .. His role is designed to be less racking up big numbers of disposals, but looking for better quality and accumulating them in better positions.

Looks to have lost a bit of penetration on his kick, but his workrate appears to be of a high standard still.

Interesting reading reviews from both sets of supporters seems to indicate Norwood played well and if not for missed chances may have been able to snatch the result - the flip side and perhaps most importantly is that the Eagles appeared to be below their best yet still got the points. Always an important quality in a legitimate contender.
by JK
Sat May 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are the Bays Imploding?

Might need Shane Crawford for their next match
by JK
Sun May 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

That's an example of where the comp can hurt, hope the EP lad is ok
by JK
Tue May 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

what would it take for this to be considered more prestigious than an SANFL premiership?

what if you could create a higher tier premiers dont play SANFL at all and just play in a national competition? now that would certainly shake things up!

top 2 from WA, SA, VIC, 1 from Tas, NEAFL to create an 8 team league?

would mean just 7 teams in the WAFL which isnt enough, but it would leave 8 in the SANFL and 14 in the VFL.

from the initial point onwards the worst SANFL team in the national comp plays off against the SANFL premier for promotion or relegation.

not saying i 100% like the idea, but just throwing it out there. i think it would be very interesting.

Admire you having a crack at trying to find a way of making a national series work. In the one above, unless some seriously lucrative sponsorship could be attained (and new sponsorship, not existing sponsors removing their $$ from the local leagues) then it would be too expensive for the clubs.

Also removing drawcards from local leagues could have a negative impact on interest and matchday revenue. The last thing any league outside of the AFL would (or should) want is another competition potentially damaging it's own long standing competition.
by JK
Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |