Search found more than 1967 matches

Return

Re: Worst AFL media person..

On the flipside of worst media personality (Taylor and Russell by a freakin mile), I was never a Matty Lloyd fan as a player, as great as he was, but I really like him in the media. Calls a spade a spade and raises some pretty good points imho.
by JK
Wed May 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

so nobody else sees the irony in Norwood tanking in this game, yet people complaining that the afl reserves teams have other priorities?

so you only have to try in competitions that you care about?

OK BM, You've made your point that you're a Crows fanatic. Comparing an invitational tournament in which only select clubs can compete to the pinnacle of a club's staple league competition is comparing apples with oranges.
by JK
Wed May 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Even with a reasonably small crowd, that was the most hostile I've seen fans get towards the umpires at the parade (and rightly so).
Easily the most hostile?

Seems any time we've won at the Parade I've noticed how feral your mob get towards the umps!

Gotta blame someone.....

LOL .. C'mon mate, your clubs aren't that great
by JK
Fri May 30, 2014 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL everyday of the week

There should be less teams and less footy. The standard is shit and the fixture this year is appalling. Take today for example. Three games on and the first one doesn't start till 3pm this afternoon and they overlap. Ridiculous. Then we've had three weeks of bullshit bye weeks with Sundays that have only one match. The brilliant spectacle of WCE vs. GWS as a stand alone Sunday match.

Piss off the Giants and the bye weeks and have one bye per week. First round of the season should be played over one week not two and bye bye Thursday and Monday night football.

regards,

REB
Agree with all that but aren't the Cows on at 12:30 today?

No, the Suns are :D
by JK
Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2014

Rik E Boy wrote:Thanks JK. League rank?

regards,

REB

1,912 bud
by JK
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mid season B n F predictions

Hombsch a chance for Ports top 5 at present? (Not familiar with how your B&F system works)
by JK
Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Dols wrote:
JK wrote:1.1 to 1.7 at halftime .. Bit dewy, but no rain and no breeze. Kill me now.
enjoy the second half JK. So glad it's not on the tele what an advertisement it would be.

Should never have left the pub mate
by JK
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - West v Norwood Post Match

Football was the winner
by JK
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Feel dirty sticking up for the Crows, but it's worth remembering they are paying good, not great, money for Betts. So they know he's not elite, and knew what they were getting. I think for all his faults (and they've been accurately mentioned here). he would receive a pass mark from what Ive seen of him/them this season.
by JK
Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reallocation of boundaries

Think you'll find Port want to keep some of zone as part of their business model (connection with the community and all that palaver - what they argued successfully for their 2014 model) so these changes are based on one scenario which may not happen.

Not sure it matters, Port will be still involved on the Eyre Peninsula regardless....
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-06-11/port-adelaide-affirms-commitment-to-eyre-peninsula

AT last weekend’s Mortlock Shield carnival, the Port Adelaide Football Club announced two very important long term partnerships highlighting the club’s extended commitment to one of its ‘heartland’ communities, the Eyre Peninsula.

The Port Adelaide Football Club will become a Bronze Sponsor of the Mortlock Shield competition and will be the major sponsor of the Under 15 Port Adelaide Cup. Both sponsorships are long term commitments, with the initial agreement for both 2015 and 2016, providing an important boost to football in the region.

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said the club is delighted to continue its long-standing relationship with the Eyre Peninsula community.

“Port Adelaide has been honoured to have been zoned to the Eyre Peninsula since 1972, and despite the changes to our recruiting zones in 2015 we will not be turning our back on that partnership,” said Mr Thomas.

“Community is at the very core at what drives us and the Eyre Peninsula has been a critical part of the Port Adelaide community for over 40 years and we look forward to continuing our partnership with football on the Eyre Peninsula.”

Mr Thomas said that impending changes to the SANFL recruiting zones would prevent Port Adelaide from being the zoned SANFL club for the Eyre Peninsula. However, he reaffirmed that Port Adelaide, through its sponsorship of the Mortlock Shield and the Port Adelaide Cup, would do everything it could to continue to support the region.

“In 2015 there will be another SANFL League Club zoned to the Eyre Peninsula, and we look forward to working with them to ensure football on the Eyre Peninsula continues to prosper.”

No doubt someone will still see a negative in this though ?

Any chance Norwood will thank us for pumping money into their zone ?

I will! (Thanks Port :D )

Port continue to play to their greatest strength of community ties and further distance themself from their local rival on that front imho.
by JK
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles 2014

I always admired his ability to cop a Spray and Wipe it away with ease
by JK
Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Sturt v Norwood - Post Game

nwdfanparade wrote:I polish the cup every day!

I think a few people on here do
by JK
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Watched 12 Years A Slave recently .. Hard to call it a fantastic move because the topic and nature is so grim and incomprehensible, but it really was a captivating film.
by JK
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Sturt v Norwood - Post Game

Yeah I went with the cleanest I could come* up with
by JK
Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

All class Bresh!!

by JK
Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

tigerpie wrote:Am i right in saying they self reported because of a 70k bill for supplements supplied by Dank?

Or due to the advance tap on the shoulder they received from Andy D .. Allegedly ..
by JK
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two terrible pens, big choke by the Dutch

Dutch keeper probably should have saved the last two, his reaction times aren't great from spot kicks .. And always easy to say with hindsight, but maybe subbing RVP so late wasn't a great idea - Could have lead off their penalties again and they could have put Krul in goal.
by JK
Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Some of the players, including some who've proudly represented Norwood over the years, copped some over the top abuse at the Parade apparently, which imho isn't acceptable. Onfield sure bag the opposition as you like about dropped marks, copping a bath from an opponent yada yada, usual footy banter, but personal abuse towards blokes who had no say in the change to the SANFL doesn't make a heap of sense to me.
by JK
Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Socceroos Rating WC2014

Plenty of debate on SEN this morning on how and what the Socceroos achieved at WC2014. Callers gave their reasons and were then asked for a rating out of 10, so thought it might be interesting to see how this Forum saw it.

For mine:

Positive
I was expecting us to score either 0 or 1, and thought we'd concede 10-15, so at worst it could have been 0-15 and best case 1-10. We finished 3-9 which is well ahead. We put mileage into players we'd hope to be better for the experience in future international games. We played some very good patches of football. Our cattle's combined professional salary probably equals (or close to) the amount of 1 player in each of our group opponents to highlight the gulf in individual quality.

Unknown
Selection - Plenty of plusses, bit we'll never know what differences Wiltshere, Kennedy, Neil, Schwarzer etc might have made, particularly the latter when our keeper unfortunately had a well below par tournament.

Negative
We failed to collect a single point, despite having more than reasonable chance in both of the first two games to do so. Thus from a results perspective, comparing against both previous campaigns and other nations, it's poor.

I guess to some extent we wont know the success of selection strategy until the Asian Cup is over, or possibly even WC2018. But for mine, at this stage, I'd rate the overall package of WC2014 for the Aussies at - 6/10

Score = 6/10
by JK
Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Adelaidenow being typically selective as always about which comments it will or won't post. Other than the form guide I wouldn't wipe my ass with that miserable excuse for a paper!!
by JK
Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

woodublieve12 wrote:fair enough.. i tee'd a match up for you and everything for you. in preparation for the game..

by JK
Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

3rd day into a cleanse/detox with a fridge full of Carlsberg 500ml cans .. It's like having a naked and willing Jennifer Hawkins in front of you but you can't touch :(

more like having a fat danish chick sitting and waiting with her legs open :D

After the beers yep that would be just about on par
by JK
Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - live scores, results & shooting the breeze.

carey wrote:That Impey holding the ball is the worst decision I've ever seen in footy. What a f**king disgrace

I don't reckon it was even the worst I've seen today lol
by JK
Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, all good mate!!
by JK
Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISAGENIX

Nah mate, I've surprisingly had more energy/alertness than usual.

Is worth a crack mate .. Business end of the footy season after this month, then Spring carny, then Chrissy basically .. Seemed the only/best time for some preventative maintenance before festive occasions and the excesses that come with them
by JK
Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zee Germans take the lead in the 13th minute with a set piece and tidy header by Hummels (sp?)
by JK
Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LPH wrote:C'mon Argies

Much the better of the start and now 1-0 up after tidy goal from Higuain
by JK
Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah mega gutsy .. How good is Sneijder still?!?!
by JK
Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to Gamble/How not to Gamble

Just back on the Pokies, the return %age differs depending on which state and which type of establishment - The best rate of return I believe is in the NSW RSL's (around %81 last I checked, which was yonks ago). Conversely the pubs in NSW run at a lower rate.

It's worth noting too, that the returns don't pertain to payouts .. Some of the required %age comes via accumulation of small pays - ie, bet $1 on a spin that earns $0.70 return, which noone ever bothers to collect (or isn't possible to collect).

Also worth noting that the percentage is over a LONG period of time, not on a daily basis, so there's not necessarily an advantage to watch for a machine that hasn't paid, because it may take days or weeks before it spits out anything juicy.
by JK
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

I think some people, myself included at times, probably don't value their $$ enough .. So punt for fun without tying up a lot of time in study etc.

The bookies would love punters like me, but I don't bet big, and I use it as a casual hobby.

I was reasonably good at maths all through school and thereafter, was good at Bookkeeping and some Accounting work, but am fundamentally lazy and couldn't be bothered putting a lot of time in.
by JK
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Online poker and gambling

That makes fair sense BM .. The other thing I forgot to mention was that id had my suspicions agreed with by a mate who is/was running one of the states Pub poker brands. And it's not just a case of taking this opinion due to constant bad beats (because I certainly benefitted from them aswell) it was just the amount of insane results coming up on hands that at times it was kinda coming predictable.

I actually did alright out of them, but just stopped once I had the mindset it wasn't a "true" game.

Perhaps I better dust the software off and give it another crack.
by JK
Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Drivel

bennymacca wrote:When we move it quickly and kick it to our advantage it works well. Great kick then by crouch

They did move it well a coupla times late in that quarter .. Come the day Sloane gets shit down the Crows are in real strife, geez he works his tail off
by JK
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:I've tipped and even backed the crows but the facts are with there skill level they don't deserve to win tonight.

Been their problem all year working through a strong press
by JK
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:How does Eddie not get a free there

Didn't look to be anything in it real time on TV, the kick to him was ordinary from Jacobs
by JK
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Another missed tackle by Betts!!

He gave out a nice handball though .. To himself
by JK
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Finally got to see Dallas Buyers Club last night .. Wow .. Just seriously ******* wow!!
by JK
Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently it's been 7 coaches since the Dee's last beat the Cats lol
by JK
Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:If Butcher is so useless he wouldn't be constantly double teamed every week in the SANFL

If that's your defensive argument for Butch I think you're in strife mate lol
by JK
Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Socceroos Rating WC2014

How can you give a team 6/10 when they never got single point
On that basis England would be at least 7 or 8 out of 10 :shock: And we were the expected flops.

Different expectations and different stages of our cycles mate .. As you would know Soccer/Football is or has been well down the pecking order in this country, so we're still growing. As you often refer to, you guys invented the game and have arguably the best league in the world. If you're talking just results then sure the Aussies don't score 6/10, but I think there's a lot of other factors that need to come into play.
by JK
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else surprised that Messi was awarded the player of the tournament?
by JK
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Eddie Betts pocket is a beat up, it's just his supporters having a good time (it's not as though it's officially named that way). They'll celebrate it when he plays well and cop it when he doesn't, but at the end if the day that's life as a football supporter across the board.
by JK
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

I've certainly never thought it unreasonable for Port/Crows to want reserves sides. Can see clear advantages there (player development, development of roles, continuity of playing style, keeping the group together etc). Just don't like it being at the expense of the SANFL competition.
by JK
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

I can remember a game at the Parade (relatively early 2012) and he was playing down back, and I immediately noted he had decent hands and particularly an awesome leg on him. Thought at the time this bloke could really be something.

Seems to be one of those guys that will forever dominate sanfl but not good enough for afl. Maybe not athletic enough for the top level?

Bit slow and doesn't get his hands dirty enough at AFL level for mine. That said, he can position well, mark well and certainly kick well, so I think he can offer something, just not top shelf.
by JK
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 16/7)

So we're expecting 100,000 members lining up at the gates, right? But seriously...I think 4-5k would be an 'ok' crowd but 7k+ would be hoped for.

Personally I don't think it would get anywhere near that...

A lot of Crows fans wouldn't attend Port home games at Footy Park, hard to see them stepping foot inside Alberton
by JK
Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - North v Glenelg @ Prospect Oval (Sat 26/7)

Parking's always easier for Bay fans, there's never much of a crowd when you guys play away ;)
by JK
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

so ive just downloaded True Detective season 1

a little behind the times, but better late than never

Won't be disappointed mate

I downloaded it on your review

if its a failure, ill send you the download fee ;)

Sounds fair (so long as I can send the invoice for my commission once you love it) ;)
by JK
Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

It did seem as though they got hotter on the HTB calls in the second half, and so they should have as they missed shotloads of them in the first half. Didn't think either team benefitted from the calls, but both suffered from it at times. Scrappy game, both teams struggled with footskills at times, Port just made a little more of their chances than the Dees. Not a game for the highlight reel, but a wins a win and it was an important one for Port. Whoever lost was never going to be able to blame the umps when they were responsible for so many mistakes themself.
by JK
Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |