Search found more than 1967 matches

Return

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Big loss for the Panthers. Quality bloke, highly skilled and a great onfield general. All the best to him.
by JK
Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

smac wrote:That's an interesting way to put it, Jim.

All clear? Hardly.

Unable to gather sufficient evidence even though all parties know the truth? Yep.

Speaking from experience there mate?
by JK
Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Is Sturt still Sturt, or are they now "Stort" and making plans to wear a double blue prison bar guernsey?
With the number of ex Glenelg players appearing at Sturt in recent years, they ought to be wearing Zero Wing fighter pilot regalia... "All your Bays are belong to us".

The Sturt junior program must be something to behold. They just keep getting senior players from a handful of other SANFL clubs. "Stortelg" maybe?

Quick scan of Norwood's GF team and there's Dawe,Newton, Davis, Phillips, Wilson, Bode, Mcguiness, Baulderstone, Bartlett, Allan who are definitely recruits that didn't come through Norwood's juniors and there is probably more.

Norwood 10/21recruits = 11/21 from juniors = 52% juniors
Sturt 17 juniors out of 30 according to above = 57% juniors

Not quite an apples v apples comparison but it's worth considering some facts before throwing stones from the inside of the glasshouse. I would think a successful SANFL side would rarely be too far outside these figures despite perceptions of opposition supporters.

Most of those recruits were brought in to replace the heap of developed players we lost to the last 3 or 4 drafts. Your point is valid though, all clubs need that combination of homegrown + recruits to be competitive.
by JK
Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

Reckon Ill get back to the Bay in 2015 after having my protest in 2014 and not attending a game, mainly for my kids who have been asking why we aren't going anymore, the heart strings are pulling me back a bit as well, even though my head says I should stay away. Although don;t think Ill be attending anywhere near as many games as I used to as I got used to going to the SFL last year every Sat,

Bandwagonner!! ;)
by JK
Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Johno6 wrote:aint that the truth!!

I will be bumming guys all day like I was a homesless guy in town.

Fixed it for ya bud ;)
by JK
Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Well well, here we go again. The things you hear whilst shmoozing at Cibo on The Parade.
Allegedly, Norwood are under investigation for breaking the salary cap for the past THREE seasons!
And Tripodi is running to the hills, will be resigning from his position at Norwood very soon, or he will be in deep shtick.

It would seem they were investigated. Not sure why people have their knickers in a knot.

I hadn't heard we were being investigated (which is not to say it didn't happen though), and Joe was always going to retire. I reckon Centrals' copped a lot of the Salary Cap suspicion when they were racking up flags so I think it probably just comes with the territory. Particularly in our case when unlike the Dogs we've been found guilty of breaching in recent seasons.
by JK
Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL draft - Thurs 27 Nov - (also PSD/Rookie draft 3/12/1

Draft order:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-26/full-2014-draft-order

Will be interesting to see if Freo takes Durdin at pick 13, Adelaide will presumably be hoping he is still available. Who they select is likely to be scrutinised in coming years, given the downgrade of their first pick.

Melbourne's picks at 2 & 3 will be worth watching too. They will obviously not want a repeat of many of their "failed" selections of recent years.

One thing's for sure, regardless of who the Crows select at pick #13, they'll run with "We got the one we wanted"
by JK
Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

haha, I forgot he was one of "them" :lol:

but probably explains my point in querying that clearly these people have far too much time on their hands every day ;)

It just escapes me how they can have the time to write 6 detailed emails over 2 days but crack the shits and say they're busy when you try and call them to solve the issue in 2 minutes. :roll:
after copping some sh*t yesterday for not doing anything i thought i'd do some research.....

So i looked at the post per day part of the forums on people's profile... Especially the ones who gave me the most grief...

WUB - 4.01 posts per day
Footy Chick - 5.82 posts per day
Booney - 6.62 posts per day

And the winner of who does the least is Johno6 & HH3... And to make this fair i added Johno6 and HH3 profile together cause we all know they are the same person...

9.45 posts per day!!!

Who says i don't do anything!!! Not me... Get back to work you bloodgers

outta nowhere i hit you with that bombshell...

Id just like to clear up that seperately myself and Mr Johnson have very different stats.

I average under 3 posts a day, whereas Mr Johnson averages over 6.

If you do not cease slinging this filthy slander about myself, I will have no choice but to involve my lawyer.

Thank you, and good day.

Regards

H. H. Three

If Johno is your lawyer might be a good idea to drive him to the court just to be sure he finds it alright
by JK
Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

What the SANFL have now done has shown how incompetent they are, plus have put themselves on the back foot for any support in the future.

Yeah they have done nothing for Port, wish I could get a $14m loan that I didnt have to pay back... :roll:

SANFL owned Port's license, they could of easily said no. When you own any business and something goes bad you make the decision to pump in the money or cut it loose.

Yes, that would have endeared the SANFL to even more Port people Im sure. They have always been in a no win situation when it comes to Port, because as a group you wont ever accept any responsibility for the errors that you've made, it's always been someone elses fault. The poor hard done by Collingwood of the state that's more than happy to continually remind people "It's us against the rest, we don't need anyone's help" .. Until it comes to money.

Easily the most successful and famous club in the state, and up there with the greatest in the country imho, but FFS, acknowledge your bad with your good once in a while.
by JK
Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

Victory and United supporters have come together to arrange a minutes applause at the 63rd minute of tonights game to honour Phillip Hughes.
Sydney derby now doing likewise

Love how Soccer does that. A Minutes silence is always good and respectful, but a bit sombre, whereas I always feel the minute of applause is more celebratory of a life.
by JK
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

And to think i only had distrust for Port Power, Crows now sicken me just as much. The never ending greed of the state's 2 AFL clubs who were born from and given their life-blood by the SANFL is sickening in the extreme. Listening to the pathetic insipid John Olson continually say the SANFL purpose is that of a feeder competition to the AFL is an insult to our clubs, the competition and belittles all who compete in the SANFL.

Yep, that was uncomfortable to listen to. The greatest shame in football these days, is the attitude from the top that has filtered down of offering young people the opportunity to forge a career in football. But if you're too old (which might only be 23) then tough shit, you can't have the opportunity to make a career out of it in a lesser league.

Great to offer hope of a career to teenagers, but once you're on the scrap heap (after having done the same amount of work) noone gives a rats about you having a footballing career. Despite the fact that so many mature-aged decent state league players have been picked up and performed servicably at AFL level in recent years.

Anyway, I'm going OT .. Footy's not in a great place over here and for those of us that love the SANFL, we continue to fear for the future.
by JK
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Ironically if the SANFL had a better standing as a genuine 2nd tier competition then potentially the SANFL would not have as many problems with the grassroots/country footy and the payments players are receiving and the need for clubs to sustain these payments to survive.

A few years back you would never see an AFL player delisted and then head straight to the bush, now it happens probably 50% of the time.

I think old (in footy terms) players are treated with contempt from the top. Surely if say the WAFL, VFL and SANFL were Semi-Professional (a D-League setup or the like), then the pool and quality of mature age players increases for AFL clubs?

Although we shouldn't be taking away the millions needed to find that rare diamond from Ireland, Africa or Canada. :roll:
by JK
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Robbie Gray re-signs to the end of 2018. http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=ANWEB_WRE160_a&mode=register-breached&dest=http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/robbie-gray-signs-contract-extension-with-port-adelaide-keeping-him-at-alberton-until-the-end-of-2018/story-fnia6ojc-1227141731060&memtype=registered

Really looks to be a decent sized Premiership window for the Power.
by JK
Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Tweet from earlier in the year from the young lad the Crows rookied yesterday

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1508072_824623017602865_5139826781085483081_n.jpg?oh=3f237c1d5cb5ffcd59b41a5b187ecd83&oe=551A13F7&__gda__=1427684798_acebfd7e5198a7961b83d589c4f79b1d
by JK
Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

I'm no soccer nuffy, that's for sure, but how 0-0 can be "entertaining" is simply beyond me.

Ignorant? Maybe. But rewarding both sides for no being able to score is, well, pointless IMO.

0-0 can still be entertaining, because you don't know that's going to be the result until the final whistle. No doubt there can be nil alls that are boring, when a team parks the bus or both clubs have their eye toward a more important mid-week game or something (more common in Europe).
by JK
Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Schedule

Booney wrote:Anyone else going to be in the lane way behind the Advertiser building with me tonight?

That sounds like it came straight from Connections ;)
by JK
Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Lone Survivor .. Excellent movie, Marky Mark's really shown a bit in recent years. Didn't realise it was a true story.
by JK
Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:I need to know why some vending machines don't accept 50 cent pieces

I need to know why you still use coins to pay for things. :)

Just throw them in the bin do ya mate?
by JK
Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pocket -> car ashtray -> big tin at home.

i hate carrying around coins though. my wallet doesn't even have a coin pocket

But you never spend them?

Parking, macca's drive through is about it. But I really hate coins. Would rather use credit card for almost all purchases, especially now payWave makes it easier

So you question why someone pays for things with coins, yet do so yourself ... Hmmmkay
by JK
Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

We finally went to the Birkenhead Tavern after living within a Km of it for 6 months.

I just got the Chicken Parmy, which was pretty good. Good size and good sauce. Price was pretty good too.

The missus got the small serving of the salt and pepper squid, which was only $13.90. I thought it would be small, but the plate was packed with thick pieces of squid. The only problem with it was the batter was falling off too easily.

Salad bar was great. It only had the usual suspects, but they were all delicious.

For both meals and two cokes, it cost us $43, which is awesome.

Then we lost about $40 in the pokes :lol:

Overall 8/10
Birkenhead tavern is the best pub to eat at on peninsula I reckon, their Chicken Snitty burger is amazing, it's a good size but it used to be much bigger, unfortunately they've downsized it.

Havent been to the Birk for a while, but always rated the food there, great to hear its still of the same high standard
by JK
Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Triple J's Hottest 100

Q. wrote:Taylor Swift? Never heard of the bloke.

Just got appointed captain of the Crows
by JK
Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District on the move?

So what happens to the existing complex? Bulldozed, Sold, Rented out? Seems a huge waste of a very fine venue. :(

IF that goes , that is why I said it's desperate. You can lose vital revenue from match day . It must be convenient for people IMO.

Matchday revenue is paltry compared to decent 7 day pokie turnover
by JK
Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont normally get into rev head movies, but have to admit I quite enjoyed "The Need For Speed". Some good vehicular action and for some reason I have a thing for the main chick. Not going to win any Oscars or anything, just found it enjoyable.
by JK
Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

dedja wrote:There are ready, just to need to dot and cross in light of the recent verdict.

A considered response will be delivered by tomorrow morning.

And that's the perfectly sensible and reasonable option.
by JK
Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014/15

blueandwhite wrote:anyone have Brett Backwells ph no..............? :roll:

Yep, but it's missing a digit
by JK
Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:In the loungeroom.

Orr !

I'd move onto the Bruno Bertalucci statements but these days that's straight out racism. The late 70s and early 80s were such a simple time.

by JK
Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

On a similar note: is there any supermarket in adelaide that stocks plain old lemon juice? Every shop I go to stocks juice of every fruit - even esoteric ones like pomegranate - but not bloody lemon juice.

Yep, Nippys Lemon at Drakes Foodlands - I reckon ive seen it at my local coles too.

If it's the same old Tangy Lemon there's a shedload of Sugar on top of the natural juice IIRC
by JK
Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

Reckon BetEasy have an ugly website and App, but I've found their offers and customer service exceptional
by JK
Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Just curious do you blame the police when or if you get caught speeding?

Nope, too drunk for that
by JK
Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Has anyone seen the true story "Taken 3" yet?

I liked it a lot! Almost on par with Taken 1 imo, and i loved Taken 1

Is Allenby in it?

He's not sure
by JK
Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

was chattin about this last night over a few bevvies

Timmy loves the glory of his solo celebration when he scores, but when someone else scores he is all over them, like he wants to take some of the glory!

Couldn't agree more.

The bloke has been unbelievable for Australian soccer but from many things I have seen, heard and read he is not the best bloke in the world and that is very much understating it.

How was Troisi's celebration after the goal .. Ducked/evaded an overjoyed teammate who flew past him lol. As much as I love Soccer, the individual nature of the celebrations has always shit me to tears. I think for anyone coming from a big Aussie Rules background which is always about team and mates, the soccer celebrations is something we'll never get used to.
by JK
Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Has anyone been to the Carlisle at Ethelton?

Thinking of giving it a go soon.

Quite a few of my mates go there (I think mostly because kids eat free). Tried it out with them once, meal was pretty basic and inexpensive, but there was nothing wrong with it.
by JK
Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Ollie Wines leadership group? valleys07

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-02-11/2015-leadership-group-announced

Just call me "whispers" Boon. 100% strike rate :lol:

I'd rather Boon shouts.

regards,

REB

I'd rather a blowy from Katy Perry. Both are just as likely to occur.
by JK
Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Stadium deal

You'll need to mate, because I'm not sure there's anyone else left to blame ;)
by JK
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

Wedgie wrote:Spurs a good chance to be playing a game in Sydney in May.
Typical, we get shitty Liverpool in Adelaide and Sydney once again get the main act.

Its good to see the small clubs visiting too :D
by JK
Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The meh/not good/not bad movies

We watched Gone Girl last night too and I couldn't work out how I felt about it lol. I think I'd expected a masterpiece from what I'd been told, but I didn't get hit by any unforseen plot twist, and there were holes in the plot at times I thought. Was well acted though and I think my expectations were likely a hinderance to me liking it more than I did. Overall though, I reckon this is the right thread for it.
by JK
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live EPL Scores 2014/15

Liverpool 2 - Man City 1 .. Get the **** in you Redmen!!
by JK
Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re:

Why would the Eagles want Petrenko back anyway? He has decided to leave them, that's his choice but the club should just move on without him.

Godden is probably looking at getting some players from South anyway so I'm sure it will work out......

So you advise the Eagles to "move on" but are unable to do so yourself? lol
by JK
Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where Are They Now ?

I might be wrong or confused but I think Magpie may have passed?

Yep, you're confused. ;)

Was going to start a similar thread in coming months leading up to our 10th birthday celebrations in October :D

As far as I know, that have fallen off this mortal coil in the last 9 and a half years are Micky J, JAS and MightyEagles.

Someone please feel free to correct me - there could be one other.

I think you'll find that some of the below have re-incarnated themselves with new or changed usernames over the years.

Where shall this might piss-up be happening?
At Mighty Tiger 79's place. BYO everything as he loves a freebie

If we do it right we can probably drain his supply before he gets off the golf course
by JK
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd like to know, If Peanut Butter is so popular, why hasn't anyone tried to make and market Cashew Butter?

Funny you mention this. My missus brought home some Cashew spread last night. Haven't tried it yet though.

Lol you're kidding me .. I've never heard of it and thought I might have been on a winner of an original idea. Better get cracking on my esky with built in Cricket Stumps ...
by JK
Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Lincoln Cup - Another Grubs Tips

westcoastpanther wrote:Not sure CP, whose now JK, would want to read it again... :oops:

As soon as you wrote Abu Dhabi Dancer my stomach churned :lol:

After the missus had been through a 33hr labour delivering our first bundle of joy, I was pretty dopey (moreso than usual) for the week.
by JK
Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The high scoring in this tourney is actually making me less interested.
There is no competition between bat and ball

Each to their own, but I agree. Havent seen a heap of games but thought the NZ v Aus match was the most enjoyable.
by JK
Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Crows waiting til it's renamed West End Drought
by JK
Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watched Draft Day yesterday, really enjoyable and put together movie. Some of the plot might have been a bit fanciful, but it was engrossing to see how it would all play out and the characters worked well off one another.

Awesome movie. Could've done without Jennifer Garner and that whole side story line though.

Or we could have at least seen how she became impregnated

Yeah I'd like to see Kev going at it too.

So glad Im not on my own there
by JK
Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:Oksana Rykova

=P~

Yes well played David!!
by JK
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lend me your votes!

Done mate
by JK
Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |