Search found more than 1969 matches

Return

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I know it's not the norm to gloat after the event but I got the tri in Melbourne in race 10. It's THE biggest collect I've had by the length of the Flemington straight. I had 20%

1st 7. ATTRITION
JB MertensTM FreedmanProp166427
$31.00
$7.00
$41.20
$8.10

2nd 6. ANTINO
JB ShinnTT GollanProp166426
$1.90
$1.80

3rd 8. BANKERS CHOICE
JP MoloneyTM MoroneyProp166428
$35.00
$28.00

Trifecta
7-6-8
$18,389.10

Love hearing stories like this, especially when it's one of the SAF tribe, thats awesome mate, way to go, I dream of shit like that lol.

I'm pretty sure I used all my luck for a month or more on Saturday in what became an unexpectedly eventful day ..

Started the day well, winner of the 1st at Caulfield and 1st at Randwick was glorious, but short lived after they were followed by 4 consecutive 2nd's and 2 x 3rd's on the bounce. By now I'm starting to think it's just not going to be my day.

After these, nature called suddenly and I almost got caught short and in my haste to get there in time, I dropped my phone in the shitter #-o ... Somehow it fell horizontally and wedged between the sides of the bowl jut millimetres above the water. Once retrieved I sat there gloriously revelling at my business and change of fortune in having my phone saved.

By this stage my TAB account was looking good, but Sportsbet had been through the wars, so I chucked another $60 in it and commenced with a $10 bet on Jenkins in Adelaide which thankfully saluted - My balance was showing $0 though so I pannicked that I hadnt deposited and bet successfully (the ol memory not what it once was). As it so happened I'd inadvertently put the entire $60 on Jenkins for a return of $570. Despite fixing it at $9.50 2 mins before the scheduled jump, it ended up paying $18 which was a brief source of disappointment, before I decided to focus on the very fortuitous collect I'd had.

Winners for the day included:
Rousseau @ $6 (place)
Front Page @ $5.50
Land Legend @ $5.50
Almighty Class @ $10
Jenkins @ $9.50
Renaissance Woman @ $6.50
Griff @ $34/$7
The Map @ $2.40
Ayrton @ $5
Mishani Suspect @ $15
Maktoob @ $8

Plenty of losing bets too, but enough in the above to be nicely infront.

Then given both TAB and Sportsbet had promos for Melton, thought I'd have a crack there which worked so I had a few more, winners for the Trots included:

Amami @ $15
Helluva @ $6.50
Rakero Rebel @ $61
Petracca @ $3
Act Now @ $51

So thats probably my luck dusted for the entirety of Spring if not remaining 2023.
by JK
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mate the old Punters curse means we can find every conceivable millimeter of luck to against us, love hear stories about those rare occasions someone ends up or the right side of the ledger, brilliant stuff mate!! I remembered you were a 15 man because when you first mentioned it I thought that’s trippy as, and I recall it every time I glance over a #15 in a race lol.
by JK
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

southernbulldog wrote:We are stoked he is helping us

And to be honest I'm stoked he doesn't have to put up with BS politics anymore and is at a club that values him. He's a ripper bloke Rossy, so genuinely hope he smashes it with you guys, I have complete faith that he will.
by JK
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

You’d have thought the Melbourne officials might have noticed things were a bit off when he did his pregame routine in the disabled toilet
by JK
Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Funny how its always no names that get caught.
Never an absolute star of the game.
But we know the AFL does everything above board, they would never hide anything. Just a coincidence

Is this the culture Goodwin speaks of ad nauseum?
There's a reason they're absolute stars....they look after themselves off field.
Not doing lines or going to the races the night before a grand final.
More ridiculous conspiracy theories from you Daisy that doesn't surprise me.
They do test the stars.....Dane Swan was getting piss tested at 6 am the morning after a game regularly.

The reason they’re stars is because they’re exceptionally talented. Kidding if you don’t think plenty of them partake in a toot
by JK
Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

mots02 wrote:Some of it still available on Youtube

Good news, couldn't believe the article I read a little while back
by JK
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pat's ( Not Spargo ) Punt Club 2023

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Paid.

Phew, this is the one we want ;)
by JK
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sooooo, going back a few weeks ago, i was a little 'merry' down the local and caught wind of an opportunity to join a syndicate where we were buying in to 2 Wayne Francis trained horses, it was 'has to be done straight away were buying shares off a bloke who was getting divorced blah blah blah, as you can imagine after several bevvies deep, and thinking really clearly I'm in, I'm in where do i sign up get me a pen now! No Shaun, No relax, the syndicate manager will contact you in the coming days, sure enough he did the next day and we got the deal done.

Proud part of a syndicate in 2 horses, now for the hard part, telling the Mrs! It didn't go down that well, although she didn't go totally mental as i was clever and told the kids first as i knew there excitement would be through the roof, that smoothed it over. Happy days.

That was until Thursday just gone when i got a phone call for another 'opportunity' to add 2 more horses to the syndicate and that i did! that didn't go down well, my reply 'Well you didn't go nuts on the first 2' therefore your fault....... :lol:

Long story short, 2 are ready for first starts, it's just been confirmed 2 are having their first runs Tuesday at Morphettville.

The horse the trainer has the biggest % share of won its trail last week and looks a nice horse.

Looking forward to this little bit of fun.

Haha that’s brilliant :lol: Good luck mate, hope they give you a bit of entertainment
by JK
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pat's ( Not Spargo ) Punt Club 2023

Great stuff lads, had a little piece of the winner myself, nice entree boys. Booney busy building the Pirate statue
by JK
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KING PAT AND HIS DISCIPLES PUNT CLUB 2023

Big thanks to the brainstrust (Booney, Dutchman, LM) for organising and running, hopefully I can help a bit more next year. MAde for an enjoyable week, cheers lads, and until next year :partyman:
by JK
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Work show today so will get in while I can, hope everyone enjoys their work do and holidays, and a merry Christmas to you and your families lads (and Lise) :partyman:
by JK
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Vamos wrote:Boy Swallows Universe, loving it. The kid in it is a legend.

Stepdad: "Why do you cry so much?"
Kid: "I don’t know, I just have a lot of tears inside of me"

:lol:

Yeah Im on this at the moment and loving it
by JK
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2024 AFL tipping

In bud, cheers for inviting me to donate
by JK
Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Vamos wrote:
Booney wrote:Founding Membership
Option 1 - Devil Sticker
First Name: Dave
Last Name: Boon

Thank you, Dave!

Joined, went with

Option 3 - Devil Head Sticker
First Name: Errol
Last Name: Flynn

I would give everything just to be like him
by JK
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 2

Spuds loss still hurts, check in on your mates boys and don’t ever be frightened to speak up. Inbox is always open
by JK
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Lightning McQueen wrote:Having a few sherbets with the legendary JK yesterday.

Great to catch up bud, we'll have to do that more often, might have been a good thing we got knocked out in the last leg of the Quad or we might all still be there ;)
by JK
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 MINOR ROUND LADDER PREDICTIONS

1. Glenelg
2. Sturt
3. Central
4. Port
5. North

6. Eagles
7. Norwood
8. Adelaide
9. West
10. South
Just a question. Why do you not rate Norwood in the 5? They appear to have recruited well.

Probably through lack of familiarity mate. Plus I felt we never replaced Rantall from our 22’ flag side and replacing Rohkar will be even harder (then throw in Richards, Carroll, Jarvis etc). Would be very happy to be wrong though.
by JK
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Hipwood and Daniher have been beyond usless but Lions really missing Coleman off half back
Frampton had a great game but the whole back 6 in any combination seemed to work much better tonight.
Lots of our game style was back to normal.
I would hate to stand Beau McCreery.

Big fan of the way Beau goes about his footy. Lot of Lions down on form, Hipwood, Joe, Charlie, Bailey .. Basically if not for the reigning Brownlow medalist the Lions probably lose that by 10 goals.
by JK
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I need to get the burners changed in my Ziggy to move from the bottles to mains gas ... Do I need to take the whole thing to a BBQ's Galore (or equivalent) or is there a home service whereby someone can come out and do it? TIA

I'd be surprised if you need the burners changed, usually for LP to NG conversion just the injectors changed over to allow for the change in pressure, and the hose/regulator changed but then again I have no idea on Ziggy brand. They normally have a service email or phone number on the data plate you can ring.

Thanks mate, I was just told the burners but tbh I have NFI about this stuff. Cheers for the info mate
by JK
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Norwood v West

Doesn't sound flash, really sorry to hear this. Wishing Sam all the best in his recovery, and to his family and friends who would understandably be devastated at the moment.
by JK
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |