Search found more than 4404 matches

Return

Re: North Adelaide Senior Coach 2014

I think McGregor was very underrated this year. Under the circumstance and issues surrounding everyone's future I think he did a decent job.
by Blackwhite
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Adelaide Senior Coach 2014

Blackwhite wrote:I think McGregor was very underrated this year. Under the circumstance and issues surrounding everyone's future I think he did a decent job.

I agree, a thankless job under exceptionally difficult condition at the Magpies (or was that Power) this year, I think North could do a lot worse than him.
by Ian
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 B&F

Todd Miles was awesome, up there as one of the best defenders in the league as well as ruckmen.
Also our acting captain for most of the year.
There's 7 clubs below North and one of the reasons is Todd.
by Wedgie
Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Has Ray Donovan got a mention on here yet ? Bloody good show, Jon Voigt is a classic.
by LMA
Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale Les Stevens

Former Central President Les Stevens sadly passed away last night...

Les was a brilliant, passionate man and will be sadly missed...

Condolonces to his wife Val and all the family as well as the CDFC...

RIP Les...
by Big Phil
Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

Who cares? It's all about Boston right now and I can't wait for Thursday morning. Have cancelled golf and will just sit back and watch in hope.
by Sky Pilot
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia A vs England, Nov 6-9

Another day lost. I actually love the fact we've got Rogers, Clarke, Warner, Smith and a few others knocking on the door scoring runs and playing cricket while the poms sit around playing Canasta. Maybe we can just keep shipping them around to wherever is forecast to rain so they can't even have a decent net session.
by Grahaml
Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Maybe if you did know what happened you wouldn't think it was a load of bollocks. West have handled the situation with compassion. Some things are bigger than football.
by cennals05
Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

How good, Boof and Clarke are trying to bring back the Aussies of old! Nothing wrong with a bit of mongrel and fight!

Don't care what Clarke is like off the field he is a fierce competitor on the field and wears his heart on his sleeve. Anderson loves to give it out but doesn't like to receive it. I have a feeling it probably stems back from last ashes series as nearly every Aussie player was giving it to him and Siddle gave him a massive send off!

Shake hands like they did and play on! Bring on the 2nd test!
by hawks21
Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

And it's a valid point that some people don't follow the AFL that much, but those people would be in the vocal minority and sometimes we have to adapt and love with the changes.

Yeh right, 40,000 Crows fans and 20,000 Power fans can't be wrong. But at the end of the day they still have their Crows, Power and AFL. Why do they need the SANFL too? So far as I'm concerned SANFL fans are the majority in the SANFL comp, and AFLites claiming some sort of right of dominion should apply only to their specific comp.
In a nutshell, I don't care how many you number in your comp, you're not welcome in ours.
by therisingblues
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why is it the Crows and their nuffy supporters think that not just the SANFL clubs but every club in the state should do everything they possibly can to make them successful?
We don't bend over to help Carlton or Kangaroos or Brisbane, the Crows are no different
You are not the state team.
There is probably more South Australians that support Victorian clubs than SA clubs
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oysters?

I'm guessing Psyber doesn't venture South of the border either.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

JK wrote:I know he's a weird cat/scumbag/knob, whatever you want to call him, but Suarez was unbelievable this morning

Could not agree more JK... as much as i hate him at Liverpool i love watching the guy play football... he is all class and was my captain in EPL Fantasy so thank you very much!
by cossi11
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Someone Recruits Triple Magarey Medalist?

No one beats the commission snouts into the trough. Bunch of fat greedy bastards.
by smac
Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

Why am I being involved in this? Sure you have the correct Phil?

I think the Phil they are referring to is the one that dodges replying with facts on many posts .

....and not the Phil who thought that GANGgajang was best known for a hit entitled "This Is Australia"?

(one from the vaults)
by Pseudo
Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

Osvaldo's goal is one of the best ever seen at St Mary's.
by Spargo
Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

Mark Ross has the runs on the board, so I'm more than happy with this decision :D.
by norwood8
Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

Sorry to throw the political element in but I don't get how Abbott is responsible for this though. The industry has been unsustainable for ages.

Do we blame the government that reduced tariffs on imported vehicles, the government that got us to an economic climate that make manufacture too expensive in this country, do we blame the unions for forcing wages up, do we blame the Labor government for bringing in the carbon tax (thereby shooting already labouring donkey) or do we blame Abbott for not "upping" the bail out package? For me, I can't blame Abbott because I'm always critical of throwing ridiculous amounts of money on business cases that lose money hand over fist.

Now if he'll just reduce funding on the arts and defence!
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

Norwood proved you can cheat and still win as long as you're willing to sell out the league for your own personal gain.

This has been the problem with the clubs for a while, self interest over what is best for the league.

This is why the Crows and Power will always get what they want in the new practice league.

Maybe the Crows will beat Norwood in the GF after parking the karma bus.
by csbowes
Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

JK wrote:Im guessing OTR would be happy to this point in time Johnnyboy?

Short lived JK ;)
by johntheclaret
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Regarding the toss. Adelaide was meant to be a flatter road than the Southern Expressway and Perth was meant to be a batters dream after day 1 according to all Media sources. Please, this mob are under attack more than any other touring side and suggestions of changing the rules doesn't hide the fact that they are getting hit left, right and centre no matter where they turn and they are piss weak for Test Cricketers. This is real test cricket. Welcome to the toughest tour on the the planet and it's about time we got some balls back.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

28 off the over
EAD Kents
by Jim05
Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2013

but why take it out on Essendon????
I don't think Hird is a lying cheating scum filth, because if he is all those things, then why did Andy make a deal????
Andy didn't want it to go to court and lose
the bombers pushed the boundaries, but the AFL have let them push the boundaries to where they wanted them.

I disagree.

I think Andy went light on Essendon and was happy to negotiate a penalty as the consequences of coming down hard on them, in all reality hitting them with what they should have been hit with, would have potentially had Essendons players spend two years out of the game.

Now, with a $1.125bn TV rights deal stating 9 games per weekend Andy had bigger things to worry about.

I think it really all does come back to the TV deal.

Totally agree

Andy D decisions would have been 110% motivated by the business of the AFL not the justice of paying a correct penalty
by whufc
Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

watching rocky 1 again.. still a classic. bloody love it!!!
by woodublieve12
Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Spurs account for Man U again, is that 2 seasons of them not beating us in the EPL now?

Such an accomplishment :lol: well done spuds :roll:

It is for us!
Nice to beat middle of the road teams for a change.
Now if we can just work on getting close to the decent teams.
by Wedgie
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

JK wrote:Just watching the end of Pacific Rim, which I started on Fri night. God knows why Im still watching, this is bad as Ive seen. Makes Independence Day look good.

Embarrassed to say I watch it all the way through as well.
by cracka
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FA CUP 2013/2014

Didnt you see the wink?
We are seriously shite, Moyes needs to be lynched
How much longer do you really think they are going to give this bloke... Would be great to see Everton qualify for Europe and Man Utd not :lol:

The club in their wisdom signed him for 5 years, I think he will still be there at seasons end but barring a huge turnaround in form he wont be there next year. Too many players threatening to walk, if we lose Rooney we are well and truly faarked.
The owners reckon they can ride out the financial disaster of not making CL next year but that remains too be seen. There is quite a big supporter group behind the scenes who are very influential and there has even been talk of a mass boycott at home games which would force the owners hands

Sound like bandwagoners to me lol
by whufc
Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But these players aren't getting in on a talent basis. They're going to be getting league games to fill some holes in the AFL Reserves sides. Sure some of them might be okay league footballers, but they're obviously not the best on offer; their payments reflect this. Either way, they're not getting picked on talent.

This is why it would have been much better if the AFL Reserves teams were in the SANFL Reserves. Nobody would mind if hacks were getting games there. I know the SANFL isn't what it was pre-1990, but that doesn't justify giving players league games who haven't earned them. This is what people meant when they were talking about 'integrity'.

The SANFL shouldn't be a development league - that should be for the U/18s or Reserves. In my mind, as soon as it becomes about development, or 'giving guys a chance' at league level, the SANFL loses its integrity. These things are not consistent with winning at all costs.
by RB
Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Good old South , just as we slowly stop laughing at the Glenelg jokes too.

Oh for a 9 team competition again.

Any idea what South have done wrong?

Since 1964, everything?
And before 1964 they had 19 years of total incompetence. In an 8 team comp the highest they finished between 1945 and 1963 was 6th. So they have had one good year in 76 years. Only St Kilda is worse.

And people like me are still here.....
by westcoastpanther
Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Imho the jury is still out on Hughes at test level but the fact is he continues to go back to the shield and knock out big runs year after year.

It's an absolute joke that blokes like Bailey and Marsh are being picked over him for the number 6 spot.

Have we learnt nothing from the blonde don lol

Reward the blokes who consistently hit runs in the shield ffs
by whufc
Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alien discussion

you mean out space aliens or that that guy from my work that came here by boat?
by Johno6
Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Silver Mint is in a 2yo trial on Monday then onto her first race hoefully!

Savvy back in work and won a jump out last week, should be in 1st up next Sat
by Dutchy
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Great actor not the ideal way to check out but each to their own... but if we can make reference to the boat people, duromine use, the sacking of chuck and AFL reserves sides in this thread that would be great.
by scoob
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

This topic is currently being discussed on SEN and they are all in agreement that this is a disgrace and its an indictment on the south australian football culture and sanfl

Hard to disagree
by MAY-Z
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont see whats wrong with them saying "our history started in 1990, we have two flags, and 23 years of being competitive".

I dont like them, but surely they would be one of the most consistent at playing finals over the last 23 years. Could be wrong.
by HH3
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont think its regoked yet but f it is, whicker needs to fall on his sword immediately given his dramatic support of this yesterday
Larry, Moe and Curly - sorry, I meant Whicker, Trigg and Olsen - all should have been given the arse last year. I have more moral fibre in my sphincter than those three clowns in entirety.
by Pseudo
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta love G McIntosh's quote about the Crows: "That's what happens when people in bullshit castles make bullshit decisions".
You Macca are a deadset LEGEND!
by Wedgie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows In State Jumper - Which is worse?

Where is the Crows AND sanfl option. Both a pack of wankers.
by The Sleeping Giant
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows In State Jumper - Which is worse?

How can a major decision like this one be handled by lower administration......could the SANFL stop feeding us bullshit?

Both blokes cant be trusted anymore.....or less for that matter.

I heard last night that the AFL said the choice of jumper by the crows had nothing to do with them....WTF?
More bullshit!

All these blokes handball better than Gary Mc Intosh.
by tigerpie
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you know whats funny. How John Olsens on his way back to Adelaide to find out why Adelaide were given the go ahead to use the guernsey, and maybe renegotiate the revenue being split between the AFC and the 9 SANFL clubs, instead of the South Australian Crows keeping all the money.

Also, there was a reason the SANFL didnt sell the State guernsey in shops. It was to keep the jumper sacred, and so only deserving players were able to own one. Now thats ****** isnt it.
Funnily HH3, that name selection actually says it all. If they are the club for ALL South Australians then "The South Australian Crows" would be more appropriate.

But they are not are they? They are the Adelaide Crows, a Franchise spurned from the SANFL, to compete in a club based expansionist league that bears no relationship to state whatsoever.

DD14, you denigrate the SANFL and it's supporters by telling us we are a small minority and in fact smaller than even the SAAFL. But in the next breath tell us that the AFC was born from all the SANFL clubs and therefore does represent state football and appropriately is entitled to wear the State Guernsey. It does seem to me that you want it both ways.

But hey what would I know. I'm a pom who doesn't even live there, but I'm pretty sure that I have more respect for South Australia and its national Guernsey than any of those so called "decision makers" who are only interested in the promotion of the Crows for financial gains, and possibly a good few Crow supporters.
by johntheclaret
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Of course you don't, your a bias one eyed crows fan.
by Johno6
Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Saying all that, i do enjoy port and crow supporters getting stuck into each other (besides the injury stuff)...

It's like 2 fat kids running 100m race... You no both aren't very good, but they'll have a red hot crack... :lol:
by woodublieve12
Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

I booked my grand final tickets straight after the game last night.
should be able to get a lift with a crows supporter there.

should be a cracker GF eagles v crows........
by Johno6
Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v VIC Feb 20- 23 Adelaide Oval

WA in trouble 2/2 chasing 8
by Squids
Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good work Rogers, saved Warner lol
by whufc
Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

I was 35 last year and coached our D grade to 8th. Bit surpised the club didn't offer me the A grade position this year.
by Hefty
Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The design flaw in husqvarna ride on mowers. The dopey buggers put the drink holder on the same side as the cuttings deflector & I end up with grass cuttings in my can of Jack Daniels.
by cracka
Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves

The reason the Crows don't have home games is that they did not want them. They should have been forced to have them and been like every other club and incur the costs that go with them. Instead they play away and their supporters don't have to pay to get in. As usual they try and make it sound like they are doing everyone else a favour.
by SANFLnut
Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Runs are nice, but we have to take 20 wickets.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |