Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

I think Mt Lofty would be aiming a bit higher than Div 6. I'd imagine the SAAFL would accept them at about Div 4 level . From an outsider looking in its actually not a bad move. Metro South is a very strong junior comp and the Amateur League at those mid range divisions don't pay out ridiculous amounts for players. So financially it would be a smart move.
i would think NOT. I reckon a few clubs might have a bit to say about that!
One of the conditions has always been that if you want to enter the SAAFL you start from the bottom.
So I would highly doubt they would let them in at Div 4 as it would make a mockery of their whole promotion/relegation system, which Mt Lofty have a problem with it seems anyway!!!
Take your lumps and go down to Country you bunch of sooks!
by Panther32
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Mt Lofty would be aiming a bit higher than Div 6. I'd imagine the SAAFL would accept them at about Div 4 level . From an outsider looking in its actually not a bad move. Metro South is a very strong junior comp and the Amateur League at those mid range divisions don't pay out ridiculous amounts for players. So financially it would be a smart move.
i would think NOT. I reckon a few clubs might have a bit to say about that!

They are looking at Div 3 or 4. I'd suggest 4 as a starting point from what I've seen of your beloved bulldogs who won the Div 4 flag. Any lower and there wouldn't be any chance of them making the move. They also think they can emulate the success of Goodwood and rise up to win Div 1 in 5-6 years on a $40k budget ha ha. :shock: :shock:

I would agree they would have to get used to the slightly less disciplined acts that come with the lower divisions. Div 3 or 4 isn't too bad but late hits are part of the game when things get heated or one team gets on top.

I don't think it is a good thing for the HFL if Mt Lofty self destructs on this, but if the "pride" of the committee/members gets in the way of logical decisions then so be it.
From what I understand, Brighton looked at moving to the amateurs after winning the premiership due to the SFL not splitting the league into two divisions but they were told they would have to start at the bottom which they were never prepared to do, so I don't see why they would let Lofty start at Div 4.
There are 30 odd clubs below div 4 that have been working their ass off to get up to div 4 and above so I'm guessing 30 teams would be very unhappy if the SAAFL just let them start in div 4!!!
by Panther32
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Aldinga vs Lonsdale - Lonsdale by 17 "Will be a great spectacle"
Brighton vs Noarlunga- Bombers in a nail biter, with their Captain back in, and a home 'marquee game' .
Christies vs Edwardstown - Christies by 7 with the home ground advantage.
Cove vs Hackham - Cove by 38 too good on their oval . They play it very well.
Morphettville Park vs Morphett Vale - Morphettville by 3. Another close one, but the roos talls on the pastie are hard to stop.
Pt Noarlunga vs Flagstaff Hill - Cockledivers by 32. I think the divers will be around the mark come sept.
Reynella vs Happy Valley - Wineflies by 22. Will be a great contest. Winies on the home deck , very hard to beat.
I'm noticing a pattern...
by Panther32
Fri May 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The rationale was that was what the clubs wanted , as all changes in League structure are. Ultimately, the clubs (or at least a majority of them !) decide what the League structure will be.

Apparently not,,,
60% of clubs voted for change

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
So all Board Members voted for no change... Too much hard work for them??? :roll:
by Panther32
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Legs Man has made another very good point about the inconsistency in this league.
How do you have a promotion/relegation system when you have a varied points allocation??? **** me this league really is a joke.
For TV to be allocated an extra 5 points than a club coming up from the Country Division is ridiculous especially when the potential is that Echunga will be forced back down to Country, which is what happened!
If Echunga had been allocated extra points they could have recruited another couple of players therefore forcing two or three A graders down to B grade making them better.
We also have seen that when recruiting a couple of guys that it sometimes brings mates to a new club again bolstering player stocks in the B grade.
It's almost a restriction of trade!
Where is the level playing field?
Mate, Echunga have so many reasons to object to being relegated it's not funny.
Loss of income is a huge one!!!
by Panther32
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Any one able to give me info on ben schiller and scott rogasch . PM. Some details

Ben Schiller will be playing at Tanunda next season, not sure on Scott.
by Panther32
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been away for a while and just reading through about ten pages of comments, there seems to be a lot of people on here who think it is stupid to demote Echunga after the win but that "Rules are Rules".
I have to ask, how long ago were these rules written?
Because with the points system you would almost say it's lawfully wrong to allocate different recruiting points to each club in the Central Division and would be even worse to increase a clubs points allocation mid season.
Let's have some common sense here, surely the club coming up should have the most points? Basically the league have helped TV stay in Central Division by allocating them more points than Echunga? Surely there is a legal challenge right there???
How do you make your B grade side better? BY either recruiting better A graders or by recruiting better B graders. So giving TV more points allows them to have a stronger B grade side!
Look at the SAAFL, most B grade sides struggle the first year of promotion and I think it would be similar to the junior sides, you are going into a better league, of course it's going to be harder to win games.
Echunga did exactly what they should have done by playing players down in the B grade, it's within the rules, just not the spirit of the game which is the fault of the rules.
From a clubs point of view if you are coming up to the Central League and feel you may struggle to win in the A grade would you not be better off when you play the better A grade sides to simply play your A grade side in the B grade to ensure 5 points? Keep those juniors who would normally play senior football down in their respective junior sides to try and win points there? Don't allow kids who play for Sturt or whoever to play for their league club that week and play for Echunga to win?
People complain that their B grade got belted, how would the clubs feel if Echunga played their A grade side in B grade and vice versa?
This is what the rules may force clubs to do to stay in the Central League, which is a joke.
The rules need to be changed regardless.
by Panther32
Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

footys the winner wrote:
Panther32 wrote:
footys the winner wrote:I've been told by a reasonably good source that holm is a done deal at united, can anyone shed some light.

Done Deal, with another ex AFL player just signed on the weekend.

Care to elaborate?

Holm has signed and Elijah Ware has signed on as well.
by Panther32
Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to go back to the points allocation but I haven't been on here for a while.
I can see why Echunga would be asking questions in regards to points allocation.
Say a club has 8 points and wins the Hills Country League and comes up to Central, they technically should be allocated the most points possible as the Country league is deemed inferior.
If Echunga were not allocated those max points then technically it is going to effect their average.
But if they were for example given 15 points and then go on to win the Premiership as they did, is this years allocation based on average of their last 3 years so they would probably go down to 10 points?
I can also see why it should be that every team should have the same points because of the promotion/relegation system but then there is an argument based on the size of the town the club is based in. Mt Barker would have a population of around 31,000 whereas Echunga has a population of just over 1,000 people. Surely the clubs like Mt Barker would have a lot more kids coming through their club and a higher chance of getting better players just based on the law of averages???
I can see why the Hills League is in a pickle when it comes to allocation.
by Panther32
Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LGIL
Good publicity for the Hackham Football Club

Worse than having your coach locked away for being a violent feral hey LGIL :oops: ??

As for all the other keyboard warriors bit the same behaviour really..

Wouldn't be a club who hasn't had a young bloke do something stupid at some stage.. Some of the older blokes just need to thankful phone cameras were not around when they were young.

Phone cameras have been around for quite a while Vics, we're just not stupid enough to film ourselves doing stupid shit like that!!!

Not good publicity for the Hawks and my guess is he may miss a few games for his behaviour.
by Panther32
Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

So my mail on the SHoe is that Obviously Barry Pilmore is number 1 choice and so he should be. But if baz does not wish to coach again they have already courted and by reports have been for a few years Sam Mahony to replace Mitts. Mahony wants to return to SFL and works with our infamous mate Shoeboy.

Have also heard Mahony is interested in Cove job as well.

Is this so-called replacement for Paul Crate a certain someone who has coached A grade before at McLaren Vale?? Whoever Christies choose has massive shoes to fill and hopefully they continue the great work done by Cratey. Not much has been mentioned about Christies finishing 6th with the amount of injuries they had.

Mahony has several clubs chasing his services.
Would almost make sense that Sam would look at the Cove job with a few ex-Cove players on his payroll, would then be able to bring back 3 players all 0 points!
Smart from Cove's point of view to do what they have to get him in that roll!!!
by Panther32
Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

I know there has been a lot said on Jaensch, so I am not here to jump on the bashing bandwagon, but I was reading the advertiser today and there is an article in there that basically says Jaensch enjoyed a beer or two and when he was confronted by Tex he didn't want to conform to that and the additional pressures of being an AFL player and therefore decided he wanted out. Had lost the love of the game and just wanted to go back to grassroots to try and enjoy it again.
Now some would say he gave up an opportunity that many would die for, but I think we will see this happen more and more in the future.
Players under heavy scrutiny and from a young age they are told they can't go out past a curfew, can't drink during the season, can't go out, have to say this, act this way, train all the time, not hang out with these people and have numerous media outlets criticise you and bag you whenever without giving a response.
I look at Nathan Ablett and he was the same as Jaensch, after all that is required you get to a point where it is just a job and you find it hard to rock up day in day out.
Can't really blame the bloke for simply wanting to enjoy footy and have a beer with mates after the game, I think we are all guilty of that.
by Panther32
Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |