Search found 104 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

What is the big deal with this relegation? It happens every year in the Amatuer League and no one whinges or complains. It happens once every 3-5 years in the HFL and the club nominated cracks a hissy fit. Follow your god damn rules for christ sakes and swallow some pride. Sounds like Mt Lofty are full of arrogance and ego's. Go down win a flag or play in a GF and come back up. Simple.
by rock
Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Possibly a giant ruckman headed to Goolwa instead LF?

Have you been making a few people honorary life members down that way to keep the points situation in check. Russell Ebert and Papa Mieklejohn perhaps?
by BJ Ernest
Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sold the pool table for $600 which left us $9400 short.
by LuvsFooty
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Pushback wrote:Tyler harman is a wineflie now big signing for them gave aldinga great years big loss

Tyler is just one of the BIG signings. I also hear they have signed another Key Forward who kicked 90 goals in the country which was referred to earlier.

James McEntee
by Luke15
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have heard that flaggies have recruited a good full forward ! Binns I think is his name ! Mcentee for reynella is a gun and with Golding leaving the competition is my tip to win the goal kicking easily this year ! Have heard Ramsey is staying at cove now but have lost there entire midfield Vick, Bennett's and hare so could be a long season for early ! Also heard minns trained at the shoe the other night but not sure why? Brighton have picked up a tall who got dropped or cut from myponga ,bit soft buy all reports!! Think they missed out on a couple they were trying to get! Also rumours that Johnny eagleton and maher might be going to Keith from valleys! And talk Cranston May retire!! All looking good for back to back at wine flies if all this happens!
by Secondsquare
Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The biggest in for the comp & for Reynella will be the return from injury of Bradshaw!
by Numbers
Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only way to get good umpires is if the people complaining about how bad the umpires are, take up umpiring themselves. Especially the loud w@kers on the sidelines, they usually are the best coz they know everything. Unfortunately those people never take up umpiring coz they are too gutless.
by cracka
Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

vics01 wrote:
I hear on the grapevine that the SFL are considering Noarlungas request for 21 player points for this season due to the number of players leaving ??

Shoe Boy
Not correct Vics!
Noarlunga has asked the league to review the points for 2014 as has a number of clubs but no numbers discussed.

Smoke and mirrors Shoe Boy.. I believe the clubs will be told on Wednesday that Noarlunga have 21 points for season 2014.. If this is the case the people who made this decision SHOULD hang their heads in SHAME.

The APPS were not designed to give a club finals appearances on a platter. I have had a crack at MParks in the last couple of years and although not agreeing with everything they got. At least it was for somewhat the right reason NO JUNIORS. Noarlunga are not in this position.

So the Shoes lose a few players this season well suck it up you are not the only club to lose players....Having had strong reserves and juniors you should be ok after blooding a few for a couple of years.

Lets hope on Tuesday night at the SFL board meeting common sense prevails and this decision is reversed for the sake of the integrity of the league.

Come on General show some leadership..
by vics01
Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Panther32 wrote:Doesn't he play up in Albury?

He does now yes. sidelined at the moment with a foot injury. Don't you guys read the bunyip.
by Useless
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Panther32 wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:Doesn't mind a durry!!

Mclaren have always been dangerous but always lacked big men. Now they add Billings and Parry with Laffin and Mutton combined with amazing fitness.

Which Billings???

Parry will be a huge inclusion, but will he stay on the field with his past suspensions!

Tom Billings
by words of wisdom
Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mal Ralph what a character ! Say what you want about him but he is passionate about his footy and his kids seem to play for him! Noarlunga have recruited some quality and seem to be using some of there points ! Simon dean back from west is a massive in !! Still got a way to go but I believe they are chasing players around Australia !! Pomeroy from valleys to flaggies interesting !! Cove still losing players on clearance list so think they will be rebuilding!! Hackham big movers never thought I would say that!! And Bachman back to Christies to play with his buddy Ben princi! Top three reynella , morphie park and valleys ! Raffle the next eight spots !

Bachmann a big in if he still has his pace, a former mail medal winner like Pomeroy big surprise but struggled to crack A-grade 2 years ago for vikings.

Numerous Denied on the clearance list to Hackham especially from Cove (Vics01 making friends?) will they be cleared by the weekend?

Brighton and Hackham the big improvers for 2014

Shoes, Cove and maybe Porties to miss finals

Wineflies favourites unless Vikings can pull things together or Roos can stay injure free?

Brighton have lost another one to Sammy at Peake with Aysh Simper leaving Brighton.

I was wondering where Princi was playing, interesting to see him go to Christies, has he ever played for them?
And if what was said earlier is true Greenbank will be a huge inclusion for MV!

Former junior
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Champ eat a snickers mate!!
by grasshopper22
Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

That's ridiculous.
How did Hamley get extra points after finishing top four? Then to flaunt it like that...

Hamley play in a 7 team comp and in the past 9 years have finished with 6 or 7 wooden spoons, a 5th and a 3rd.
1 good season out of the past 9.
So the points haven't been reduced or affected yet.
Then lost 10 players including new imports through moving clubs and retirements which frees up 10 or so points.
So no extra points were given to get Ash across.
Ash moved to Hamley because he wanted to play with mates.

This is correct if you are referring to those mates that are green, numerous and fit in his wallet.

that amount of green wont fit in anybodies wallet!
by Skip Dimes
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

jo172 wrote:
carey wrote:Did I hear correct that sedan have just paid $250 a game to a Div 6 reserves player? Wow :shock:

Elmo?

Are you taking the piss?

His brother/best mate/whomever must be pretty good
by the milky bar kid
Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hahndorf have a clash strip....instead of black and white it is white and black..
by lovethefooty
Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Just how close to this are you PG?
We have our Ladies Day planned for that day. KFC and SAAFL won't reply to our queries. Should we be worried?
Ladies Day = important financial and associated benefits for our club.

I'm sure you're social event is number one priority for the Kilburn committee and big wigs at SAAFL house.
by Q.
Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

No.9? Playing A's HH3? Isn't that Daniel Reardon?

Must have hit him pretty good HH3 as when i seen him at 4:30am he was still dazed and confused :D
by piccachu
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We really don't need to merge. The only grade we're short on kids is the mini's but we have 35+ modies. We're pushing kids up so they don't miss out on a game in the 17's to senior footy. Had 2 play A grade on the weekend & 1 in the B's. Merge & kids will miss out. No offence to Aldinga but what benefit would it bring? The clubs financially the best it's ever been & we're building a new community gym & footy change rooms in the next 18 months or so.
by words of wisdom
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DTH I understand Sacred Heart College are seeking advice in relation to a middle aged man stalking college boys and waving contracts around this morning near the school back gate!! How did you go??

That may have been our Club Secretary topping up an Under 18 list that is at the mercy of the SANFL this season. He is a master at his craft. I believe the lad he was pursuing will have limited availability for Brighton but we need everyone we can get because if the majority of the 13 Under 18's we have at Glenelg or South get picked in the SANFL in a given week then we are in big trouble.

Sacred Heart won an U/16 premiership last year under the Brighton banner, maybe they are now trying to get them to transfer to the club properly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought we play club footy..... therefore a player pulling on the bomber Guernsey is then playing for his club, not school... Therefore if Morphetvale win a flag, it is NOT Wirreanda high school winning one, it is the EMU's... if Happy Valley win a flag, it is NOT the Hub high school wiining one, it is the VIKINGS.... It is regardles of where they come from.... I would imagine few if any clubs would have all or majority of the kids and/or seniors for that matter playing for them who went to the 'closest' school to them. In fact I dare say Brighton's seniors would be ONE OF the closest to 'perfect' in that regard.

I wore a South Adelaide guernsey in a mini-league game once, can I claim I played league footy?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96qikFvMa1qlydob.jpg
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Some points:
- Yes we got our ladies day and it was a great day - relief!
- Kilburn's decision to stay in Div 3 was theirs to make and the club now has to live with that decision, tho if there are any plans to rebuild, their decision is understandable as you'd want to rebuild from as higher a Div as possible.
- The lads who came and played for them are to be commended regardless of what you might think about their club and the way they've gone about things.. It would be easy to let frustration get the better of you but they just did their best and played out the game despite knowing from the opening bell that it was all over. There were no nasty incidents, no spite. The guys from Kilburn played in the best spirit of the game.
- I don't have the records to hand (The SAAFL page is not available) but I am told, second highest score in history of the SAAFL, certainly broke all club records of course.
- Am advised by someone who knows these things better than most that even if Kilburn pull or get pulled the scores still stand for the games they've played. I've looked at the local regs and can't see anything specific on the matter tho.
- What was most satisfying was that despite the huge margin early the Unley guys kept playing to their plan, there was no cute stuff or cockiness. It was a very mature display.
- Irony: Kilburn knocked Unley out of the finals race in 2011 with a 2 point win in round 18 and then went on to win the premiership.

In short tho... the weather was beautiful and so were the ladies and the party went on till late.
by BigB
Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Incorrect there Panther, Torrens Valley are bottom of the shield
by bookie
Mon May 12, 2014 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

do not blame Noarlunga good on them for asking the SFL and recruiting well but it is piss weak by the SFL to allocate the extra points based on the fact that Noarlunga lost some players. Every club loses players at one point in time and you just need to play your kids and rebuild. The SFL panicked and allocated points and now Noarlunga look like one of the genuine contenders in 2014.

So 11 juniors from the Shoe played A grade on the w/end and 15x in the B grade.

And just to clarify NFC did not request extra points!! All clubs would of received an email detailing player lists for 2014. [/quote]

Yep Santa came early down the river
by vics01
Mon May 19, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

What is everyone's problem with Crawford playing for the Sharks?

It's not really for the SFL or the Lions to worry about. The Sharks put in a Registration Form for S. Crawford & he plays!

If the Sharks are only 1 decent (39 year old, 5 year retired) player away from dominating games then good on them!

The rest of this "charade" is just a family day at the footy just like every other club does, this one just has some media attention.

I am not from Aldinga, just don't see what all the fuss
by Numbers
Wed May 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

I hope you can at least get Saturday right and that something positive comes out of this fiasco
by RFC 2010
Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hahaha good point. It just so happens that this week, probably more than most, i think the home ground will take advantage for a few. Some teams as you would know are much harder to beat at home than others. Reynella, Roos, and cove are probably the hardest in terms of that.
by mrp2626
Fri May 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There has been enough character assassination of a junior here. To clear it up:

* He has not been reported for kicking at any time he has been at CB.
* He was reported in the U/16s a couple of years ago for striking and was given 2 games (missed out on finals).
* Noarlunga refused his clearance and held him up until they were trying to get a player from us, they cleared him in order to secure the other player. If that is sending him packing there was no indication at any point that they were happy for him to leave.
* He has been given a penalty for a stupid act.
* The player he was on was an A-Grade defender, you need an element of asshole about you in order to play that type of position at that level. That does not condone the lads actions, or even suggests that what happened was reason to react, but to try to paint it as a brain-fade where he has just randomly hit a player is just misleading.

I like you LGIL but this post is misleading.

Sent packing was sent packing with no hold up at all. (you may have the wrong lad)

I think you blokes are letting your club allegiances get in the way of the real issue here. The fact is most clubs still have a few idiots who go to far on the footy field. The issue is how the SFL deals with theses types of king hits/coward punches.

A similar incident happened a couple of weeks ago in the C Grade between Cove and Flaggies, where a first year senior player from Cove king hit an opponent from behind, leaving him concussed, the ump saw the incident and gave the lad a red card. This player was also given a 4 match ban, which in my opinion is a seriously soft punishment for such a serious offence.

The SFL is very quick to boast about how serious they take violence in football and the work they do with organisations like the Sammy D foundation, but then surely greater action must be taken when 18-20 year olds are delivering such king hits on the footy field. If they do it once and get a slap on the wrist it's much more likely that they'll do it again.
by leftpeg
Tue May 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And hopefully they can play within the laws of the game better than what Nick did.
by Down the Hill
Fri May 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South played the crows state team in the sanfl and they don't have a reserves team so all south reserves were sent back to their local clubs

In that case, just the one major for what most were saying was a prospective draft prospect/career sanfl player isn't that fantastic. obviously the sanfl or at least reserves isn't a great step up from A grade gsfl

He was 2nd game back from a 7 or 8 week injury stint on the sidelines. Cut the kid some slack, dropping down a level isn't as easy as most think especially for a forward. Delivery is more inconsistent than reserves level.
by heater31
Wed May 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Any thought of Brighton doing some work on their changerooms/facilities under the grandstand?

Think the cobwebs are holding the building together.....
by heater31
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

surely if you were a club that got relegated because Mt Torrens won enough A grade games whilst they had a 3 point advantage you would not be happy....
by jumbo20
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's an article from another perspective, recently in the murray Vallee standard.

http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au/ ... g/?cs=1653
by grasshopper22
Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elmer J you make some terrific points in relation to Echunga. They outside of their A Grade have accumulated fewer points all year in the other 4 teams they field each week. That is pathetic. Their B grade is a joke and they are just behind TV in the feral stakes. Would it not be good to have Nairne and Mt Lofty back in Central and the 2 ferals back in country where they belong in 2015. Have heard on the other hand though we may very well have a 14 team 1 division competition as early as next year.

Has been - the name says it all.

Interesting when the need to label a club which would have one of the highest socio demographic populations becomes the state of play.

Great response - HAS BEEN!

My biggest gripe is that Echunga was not provided the same timeframe to compete in Central with respect to planning and acquiring juniors etc.

Happy to take the medicine should we have been given the same chance when going up - which did not happen due to the HFL showing a lack of trust when we assured them of all sides being fielded.

I hope all is resolved in the positive for us with a win at the bog hole.
by Legs Man
Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am no expert on the points system, and am not particularly experienced in the hfl, but it seems very strange to me that a team that could conceivably win the A grade premiership (Echunga could...Uraidla probably will though) will be relegated. Forgetting all the associated issues it just strikes me as very strange..
by lovethefooty
Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LM not sure what planet you are on TBH!

Where did Echunga finish on the club shield last year??? Again, very successful in the A grade and others sides average at best!

It certainly goes to show all scenarios weren't considered because what's happened so far isn't better for footy and there's every chance it wont be better for you guys!

I don't think it is better for footy if a side playing in Central finals could be playing against the bottom 3 - 4 sides in Country next year.

Bet they are looking forward to getting smashed every time they play us and gaining more confidence.

The void is too large as Mt Lofty have shown.

I do take my hat off to the dominant junior "heavy" Central clubs though for structuring a club shield mechanism which ensures they don't get relegated.

The current situation is a farce and makes a mockery of having the best A grade sides playing in the best competition.

No other league would entertain this!

As long as you field all sides you should be able to play in Central division if your A grade warrants it.

You can call it sulking if you like - but I call it common sense!
by Legs Man
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure Mt Lofty will support your efforts to allocate more points the promoted Country Div club ;)

It's not about having more points - it is simply ensuring the side coming up has maximum allowable.

i know I have said it on numerous occasions - but how can TV have 5 more points than Echunga when they are already in the higher competition?

This is not equitable and gives them a distinct advantage.

When the HFL is queried on this they shut down the dialogue immediately - which tells me they too know it is wrong but are too weak to fix it.
by Legs Man
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

afc9798 wrote:...rather than be the 90th club to use the Tigers song around Australia.

"We're dashing, we're gay, we're the pride of the Bay"
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Vinney wrote:No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.

Touche. Conceded fewer points.

Hindsight is a wonderful. But change, just for change sake, is also fraught with danger.

As for his campaign manager, maybe. But that is his record. Facts are facts.

I know this is a forum, and opinions are put forward, whether they are popular or not. But I do say this about Dent.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.
Promoted juniors this year. Tick.
Organized some excellent speakers for the football nights. Tick.
Puts money back into the club. Tick.

Talks to lots of people every night he is there. And lets face it, we all have an opinion on what he could/should do during a game.

I believe and have seen, Denty is a great club person, and HVFC is lucky to have such a person involved in our club.

Sounds like he will do well at Myponga then
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The original oval delegation was for Lobethal to host the first semi on the Sunday and the second semi to be at echunga on the Saturday and last Sundays elimination was to be at mt barker. But the board in their wisdom assumed that Lobethal would loose and then hence be playing in the first semi on the Sunday (Lobethal oval) so they swapped the Lobethal and mt barker grounds games.. Of course that backfired and Lobethal was to play in the Saturday and mt barker in the Sunday so they had to swap the mt barker and echunga oval games. Now of course echunga and mt barker
are playing on Sunday next week and as the A grade can not play on their home ground this has caused a problem. Had they left it as it was there would not have been a problem. They should leave the prelim at balhannah because if echunga win on Sunday they can not play on their home ground and there are not many decent ovals left to allocate for the prelim so please don't tell me they will put the prelim at mt Torrens. Difficult all round.

Of course, the Callington Oval (the best playing surface in Central) is also available. After successfully hosting the 2013 Preliminary Final, the HFL in its wisdom decided not to give Bridgewater/Callington a final in 2014 (despite the fact that clubs such as Hahndorf, Onkas and Uraidla haven't missed out in years).

You need to do some research Elmer. Uraidla didn't have a final played there last year. Re the Callington issue, ya a good surface, wouldn't say it's the best surface either. Very hard deck atm. No doubt one of the better ovals to play on but the facilities at the oval are horrid. You need to go check the changerooms and the toilets the players have to use. They are well below par.
by cricketlad
Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why in this day an age, can we not get over this swapping finals venues etc.

2 options which would allow for the best planning and presentation of the leagues showcase:

1 - Just set all the finals venues at the start of the year, rotate them on a roster from year to year, if you are lucky enough to get a final played at your home ground then so be it! People might argue thats unfare, but given all the other parametres that people complaign about, its the fairest total solution.

the Barossa used to allocate lat ein the year like the hills, because of all the reasons that seem to pop up on here, and the reality is, no-one is EVER happy with that set-up. Now each club hosts a final every second year, with that final moving up in importance each time then a 2 year spell after they host the GF (Team X host 1st semi in 2014, nothing 2015, 2nd semi 2016, nothing 2017, prelim 2018, nothing 2019, GF 2020, nothing 2021 & 2022, back to 1st semi 2023)

2 - The higher ranked A grade side on the day Hosts the final (Just like the AFL). If its good enough for them it's surely good enough for the HFL. You still may want to allocate GF day to each club, but then I would go to the rotation system in option 1.

Now allowing for relegation, the team that comes up simply takes the place of the relegated team.
by RooShootOhh
Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently Crate has been told win a final next year or see ya later. Spent big $ on recruits this year and didnt get any closer. Got some juniors coming thru so interesting to see which direction they head.

pfffft! told by who?? hank and the other pissheads up on the hill? stop talking tripe

Ok then your right :roll: it's unlikely anyone will make a hard decision to make the next step!

If things don't progress as quickly as you like, then the "HARD DECISION" would be to persevere with what the club has started. How do you know another coach could "take the next step"? Every coach does it differently, so bringing someone else in would mean starting all over again. In his 1st 2 years in charge at the Emus, Trevor Potts missed the finals in his first year, and finished 8th (lost the elim) the 2nd year. Building a successful football club is more than just the Win/Loss column. Sounds like your after the "Easy Decision".
by Leo
Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apparently Crate has been told win a final next year or see ya later. Spent big $ on recruits this year and didnt get any closer. Got some juniors coming thru so interesting to see which direction they head.

pfffft! told by who?? hank and the other pissheads up on the hill? stop talking tripe

Seems to me that I and most rational people I know thought that getting Crate and giving him the coaching job was the smartest decision Christies had made in many years ! He has lifted the team into finals and brought almost universal respect for the team - which hadn't been the case in previous years. Why wouldn't you support him and let him continue the job ?? Big shame if the Christies people don't have the same respect for the man as those outside the club .....

Couldn't agree more. Wasn't long ago that it would be fair to say there wasn't much respect for Christies as a club. Now they are a much stronger playing unit on the field, much more disciplined and the club as a whole seems to be very well run. A lot of that credit also goes to their President, but no doubt the coach is a true 'club coach' and his impact has filtered threough the grades. If Christies were to remove Crate, then all that momentum would be lost.

Wow! Love this site - well done Keyser Soze, a cheeky post has turned into Christies making hard decisions, soft decisions, sideways decisions, upside down decisions, etc :)

The club has reappointed Paul Crate for another season. Each year under Cratey we have improved on-field (yes we went out in the first week again at A-grade level, but for the first time in 23 years we had all 5 core teams in finals, and the first back-to-back A-grade finals qualification in 20 years), we hope that improvement will continue in 2015.

We are creating a culture where success, not just participation is the goal, Cratey is a key reason for that and as a result the club is keen for him to continue next year. Cratey is also one of our club greats, we have no reason to shaft him. We do not know where we are going to be as a club this time next year, so it is pointless speculating what will happen beyond that, but suggesting that we are going to say "see ya later" based on the outcome of one game is taking things to an extreme.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just heard that Adam (Nadsy) Edwards came up 3rd in the mail medal the other night. Congrats to him. Good to see him get some acknowledgment for all the hard work he puts in. A quality player, leader and bloke.
by youngpace
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grand Final Week
Uraidla Vs Echunga -
Last year’s Central Div Premiers Vs Last year’s Country Div Premiers - should be an interesting clash as both teams have plenty of Grand Final experience over the past years. Both times these two have faced each other this year Uraidla has accounted for Echunga by 7 goals 7 points in the 1st round then 7 goals and 1 point in round 10. Looking at both rounds it seems as though Uraidla have had one and a bit explosive quarters but for rest of the game it seemed pretty even. So the question is can Echunga (on a smaller oval such as Hahndorf) be able to contain them for the full 4 quarters whilst still being able to play the same attacking style of play which has seen them allow to advance to a Grand Final. Liked what I have seen from Echunga over the past 2 weeks, however Uraidla have been the heavyweights of this competition for some years now will be a closer one than expected, tipping an upset and Echunga by 4 points.
by The Sorce
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With respect yellow and black you have absolutely no idea of how much time money and effort that has been put in to The echunga junior program this year our junior committee has done a fantastic job and the club is far from purely a grade focused. Perhaps Lobethal could give us some tips on how to build strong juniors? Your juniors have hardly set the world on fire for the last 15 years perhaps your too a grade focuse
by bookie
Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to come in half way through a conversation but I'm not following this story.

How does a team win a flag and get relegated?

Feel free to PM me :D

Across the season you get 10 points for an A grade win, 5 for Bs, 3 (or 2?) for Juniors etc. The club with the lowest tally is relegated should a Div 2 club wish to come up.

Echunga finished the A grade minor round in 4th, before storming through the finals. Their B grade were winless, and juniors only won a handful of games.

The points must be accrued across the season - so when does a season become complete prior the GF?
In short - it doesn't!
If the HFL is prepared to dig their heels in on this they are only showing their disrespect for the competition they oversee.
After getting to this point I have no doubt that Echunga will provide a very strong case to remain in the competition they have just won.
Back to back country and central flags is historical within this league and deserves the recognition by the HFL and the football fraternity as a whole.
Surely the officiating body doesn't want this headache after the great season in Central this year.

Next year they might even play a final at Echunga.....
by Legs Man
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The damage that this has done to the victim is inexcusable. At the end of the day footy is still a game but theres still so many players out there willing to inflict permanent damage to any of their opponents, and for what?

Have heard many reports of the incident from both sides and it is an absolute disgrace. If a free kick arises due to an infringement on the rules then so be it. But to be a hero like the coward was that punched the cockledivers player is so bloody weak and doesn't just deserve a trip to the tribunal but if the damage to the victim is as bad as I am hearing he should be facing some form of criminal offence charge, otherwise actions like this wont ever be stamped out of the game. Players seem to think that because they are doing something on the footy field its not a criminal offence, when really if someone has been damaged as severely as the victim was as a result of a cheap and cowardly act then it doesn't matter where the incident occurs, it is still assault

Im sure Im not the only one that feels this strongly about it because its rubbish like this that ruins the game. OK, yes its finals and yes it is a competition taken fairly seriously, but at the end of the day youre playing borderline country football and if I was the person who'd dished out the ridiculous hit, I would be ashamed of myself. Although I have said that the incident is a matter for the justice system, I still believe the league should ban this hero for life and take a stance because we don't need players like that in the game. Definition of a loser
by fiftympenalty
Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went past the Echunga pub tonight and the boys are still going strong, one still in his full kit from Saturday boots, tape and all! :)
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

chopper7 wrote:Legs man I think we can all count there that there has been more than 2 inclusions like you keep saying. Team full off $$$ there on the right

Money well spent then... What about the other 9 clubs that blew 50-100k this year and dont have anything to show for it?
by Banker
Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LIndsay , Aish and Harland in from last year - the rest were current or past Echunga players.

Luke Wilson was #4 but didn't play in the finals.
by Legs Man
Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |