Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

How about a bit of fun:
- Who does everyone think will be the team to beat in 2014?
- Who will win the A grade medal
- Who will finish bottom

Mt Barker (closely followed by Uraidla)
Lucas Block (followed by Tim Delvins - Uraidla)
Echunga (will be lucky to win 2 games and will be straight back to Div 2 after Mt Lofty dominate Div 2 this year and bounce straight back up)
by overthehill
Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Everyone seems to be fixated on the subject of Mt Lofty s points. My question to all the happy punters is, how many points do you think Mt lofty will use out of their allotment? I'll be surprised if its 5. Mt Lofty find themselves in Div 2 this year because they have mis-managed their money in years gone by, they don't not have the buying power of Echunga and a few other Div 1 clubs! In saying that i still believe there is a big gap between Div 1 and Div 2 and think Mt Lofty will take the Flag and return to Div 1 in 2015. Only time will tell
by overthehill
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nathan Peterson-Gray would be a massive in for any side in the competition. The Devils will surely be unbeatable this year in Country Div
by overthehill
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can someone from Onkas please tell me why a convicted criminal is again playing for them after recent release on parole. Has anyone cared to read the court report in relation to this serious offence? Why would a club allow a person of this character to return?

Very poor post from a faceless person that has very little intelligence. Shame, shame, shame
by overthehill
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am purely suggesting that the clubs must have now had enough of the continuing saga that they keep enduring.
There are tireless workers within the HFL and I have no doubt that as volunteers they are trying to get it right.
My whole aim is to see our competition across both divisions succeed and be something we can all be proud of.
As SC has mooted an extended competition is best solution - but with the statements coming from the league they seem reticent to implement or drive this.
The solution I propose is the same with either an 11 or 12 team comp which allows the best sides within the top tier Central division and enables the Country sides to have an even competition that they can strive for a premiership within.
Having the likes of Mt Lofty, Echunga or even to an extent Nairne playing in Country division does not promote football with very uneven results eventuating.
For this type of change to occur it naturally needs to be driven hard by the governing body as clubs have their own backyards and interests as the priority.
Due to the alignment of HFL administrators to clubs within the league we now need an independent person employed as CEO to ensure a neutral and unbiased platform.
This will then ensure the HFL is viewed as totally neutral when decisions are made and implemented.

Seems silly and over kill considering there's only one club that seems to have a big issue but ill humor you.

How much do you think a salary of a person would need to be to attract someone of that caliber? (considering senior ranking Police officers don't seem to make the grade in your eyes)
where would the money come from to pay this interdependent person?
how would they prove to be completely independent? (even though i don't believe the board members get a vote on HFL law)
What if the new CEO looks at the laws and says "yes Echunga need to adhere to HFL law and go to country division for 2015"?
are all these outlandish suggestions just making the real mockery?
by overthehill
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you will find that there are a few people with several accounts that speak nonstop nonsense on the central forum just to push there own clubs agenda whilst attempting to tarnish the HFL with the purpose of trying to create more noise than is really there. When you speak face 2 face with the majority of HFL football goers you will notice their opinions are very different to the majority of post in the central forum. I totally agree with your opening post Scratcher but would advise you pay no mind to most of the junk on the central forum.
My opinion only
by overthehill
Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with your point Legs.
I didn't agree with the court’s ruling (meaning I didn't agree with Echunga’s interpretation of the constitution) because I don't think the rules should be bent for any club that includes Echunga or Bridgewater.
The HFL clubs decided the rules together and it is the HFL boards duty to enforce them. Had the board decided not to go to court and let Echunga do whatever they want it would have been wrong and they would not have been doing their job.
The court decided Echunga will stay up and so be it. The rules should continue to be enforced which means Bridgewater must go down and attempt the emulate the achievements of Mt Lofty in 2014.
In the last 4 months we have heard the words “common sense” chucked around quite a lot and the whole reason we have rules is because it seems most people have a VERY different opinion of what common sense is.
At the end of the day Echunga did nothing wrong except maybe annoying a few people and cost some people a few dollars but they did what they believed best for their club.
Sorry Bridgewater but I sincerely hope to see you in Div 1 in 2016
by overthehill
Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amateur Footy wrote:TV already had the best ruckman in the comp, why would they bother.

I agree AF but as Hanna only stands at 5Ft 6. id be very surprised if they were paying him to ruck
by overthehill
Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

is it true the Echunga Football Club have appointment Bronwyn Bishop as their interim coach pending an investigation?
by overthehill
Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe Echunga have appointed Glen Elliott as their new senior coach for 2016
by overthehill
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

O'Brien is the best in the comp by a mile. Jaensch and Hourigan both fantastic players and play their positions brilliantly but i don't think you could over look O'Brien as the best in the comp.
O'Brien, Jaensch, Hourigan, Hughes and Thompson will all comfortably be in the team of the year either way
by overthehill
Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

I was speaking to an Ex Nairne player earlier this week who said that he doesn't have a good record with the umps. served a few weeks on the side lines last year for trying to get nasty with one half way through game.
If he went at the footy like he did at the umps he'd be an outstanding footballer from what i've seen of him.
Do the HFL have a harsher penalty's in GF's like some other leagues? Either way i think My Hancock may of played his last game of football which is a shame.
I hope he has better luck climbing the Pyramid
by overthehill
Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |