Search found 387 matches

Return

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Does it really matter now.
It was always gong to happen once AFC decided they wanted in.
Didn't they originally say it had to be 8-0 for them to have a reserve team in the SANFL
Well it wasn't 8-0 and they still went ahead.

What is ****** is ******.
by johntheclaret
Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Perhaps you should ask him.

I'm sure he's too busy having a cry to answer

especially after now knowing his club sold it's sole as he says
I think that's "sold its soul" unless you meant to say his club sold it is a flat fish :?

Yes you are correct. It was done to make sure you boys where still ok after the MAGPIES have made another GF
Should that be "were still ok" and strictly speaking it should be "are still ok".

And yep. We where all ok because we didn't sell are soles to the Mapgies ;)
by johntheclaret
Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

gadj1976 wrote:TICKETS REQUIRED

Does anyone have any? I'm after two. My father in law wants to go but can't be stuffed paying the $30 or whatever it is to get in.

PM me if you can assist.

Cheers

He'll be a Port fan then ;)
by johntheclaret
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Media Poll - vote for safooty.net

Dutchy wrote:Thanks for the heads up Phil, I understand you probably feel conflicted and haven't put yourself up for nomination but you should, you are clearly in the top 3 SANFL media people and give great service to the league.

Yep agree with this.
Nice bloke too
by johntheclaret
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

When is the pure grand final being held?
Not this year that's for sure

So no Grand final? This competition is a farce.
I love this post.
Liked by a whole flock of sheep
Baaaa
All the usual AFL suspects
Baaaaa

Booney had some little lambs
Their strips were Black and Teal
And everywhere that Booney went
They'd like his little spiel
by johntheclaret
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

I'm certain I have more idea than you. I will be there to see it first hand on Sunday whilst you are likely to be on your keyboard whinging about it.
I would be there on Sunday but I'm washing my hair.

And the fact you think many posters on here are simply obsessed with doom and gloom shows you have no idea.
by johntheclaret
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Of course there were some spare spots at AO with 38k, there've been crowds of 52k plus at AFL games. My girlfriend and I went to the Port Freo game with a crowd in the high 30s and she thought it was similar to that before we knew the official number. Very good crowd, very good tv ratings, the SANFL will be more than happy and they should be.
Just looked more than 14,000 empty seats.
Half the Riverbank stand was empty and the top tiers of the other stands were sparcely populated also plenty of room to walk freely around the hill. I honestly thought around the 32k mark. Either way was a decent crowd but I would of expected similar if it was Norwood v South as I reckon 30,000 plus were supporting Norwood. Very small Port turn out

Nearly 39,000 and a great game. Definitely more Norwood supporters than Port but still a lot of Port people there. There was no spare seats in the bottom tear. It was a great day as i predicted and left the profits of doom without to much to whinge about.

You think the "profits of doom" are whinging about one fricken game.

You have NFI. Let's see how many of those 39,000 turn up in the middle of July.
This year's league attendances have had the 2nd lowest in 10 years. And that's including the novelty factor or maybe it should be termed the 'macabre curiosity' factor.

I'm sure the SANFL will be overjoyed at the 39k turn out, with the first GF at AO, supposedly biggest rivalry in the state, blardy blardy. Do you think the SANFL will survive on that one game a year??
by johntheclaret
Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear John,

YOU were the one that questioned the SANFLs survival about three posts ago and the fact you need to resort to calling me an arsehole and a flog as well as your assumption that you know who I support once again proves you have no idea. Get some analytical ability and perhaps even entertain the idea that just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I am 100 percent wrong.

Yes apologies for that, I've removed those insults. It's not really my nature to lob personal insults.
Your condescending post obviously brought out the worst in me.

I'd say the same you. I don't have to move on and accept the current situation just because you have. And that I don't doesn't mean I'm 100% wrong either.
As for the survival of the SANFL. My question was rhetorical. I kinda thought anyone reading my post would have understood that. Sorry if it was too cryptic.
by johntheclaret
Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

JK wrote:
stan wrote:Had a shit coffee with an un named board member from an un named team in which he told me he is the batman.

If he's one of ours he would be breaking the salary cape

And he'd be robin you blind
by johntheclaret
Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From?

Someone present at the meeting where Gillon McLachlan spoke. His words, from my understanding, were quite strong but "we will crush you" was a little of an exaggeration.

As such, the Norwood salary cap rumor might be an inflated version of the story, if the source of the two rumors/comments is one and the same then it might be a case of over playing the information they were given.

I must say it is totally unlike Centrals supporters to behave in such a manner. Just buy your membership boys, you care more about our club than yours.

regards,

REB
What manner? Reasoned debate?
Woooooooooof
by johntheclaret
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
dedja wrote:We're the only team never to be caught ... and we still end bottom, LOL

Surely there's a trophy for that...

There is. It's made of wood and goes in their utensils drawer
by johntheclaret
Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion: 2014/15

Jim05 wrote:Brum beaten 8-0 at home by the Cherries

MT will be beside himself
by johntheclaret
Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Speak for yourself Mickyj.

Fuller and Godden are premiership coaches. Fuller got a more consistent performance from the team. Godden seems to do all the right things and pulled off that incredible premiership in 2011, but hasn't won a final since.

At the moment, Fuller is still the most successful coach the Eagles (inc WT) have ever had. His record demands respect.
Some people are never satisfied
by johntheclaret
Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide's Thursday Night SANFL Show

Not really. It was decided several week's ago during a meeting with all the presidents of the SANFL clubs. It was 6-2 in favour although a couple voted for a Dogs v Panthrs GF but they were just being silly.
by johntheclaret
Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

bulldogproud2 wrote:
CENTURION wrote:
LPH wrote:What, despite the imminent closure of Holdens? ;)

they will still sponsor Us.

We will become the first SANFL team to have an overseas firm sponsoring us.

Cheers

Ahem......
by johntheclaret
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Any chance you boys can keep this thread on topic?
LPH, I'm particularly disappointed in you.

Now.......

I hate Port Reserves and I hate Crows Reserves and wish they'd **** off out of our league.
by johntheclaret
Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching the Recovery Session for round 2 and the comments from Giniver summed up what a farce the comp now is and the attitude towards it when he said of the the South v Port result. "Last year Port won 9 on the trot before finishing 12 and 6". He was of course referring to the comment about Port's Reserve side being loaded with AFL listed players and dominating South, and excused it by trying to suggest it was evened out at the back end of the season when the Reserve side was weakened due to the AFL side's injury list.

That situation just makes the comp a lottery. So next time, if South are lucky enough to play Port Reserves when their AFL side are having a bad time with injuries, and they beat a team of "top up's" then everything is hunky dory.
But that all depends on Port's AFL side's injury list and when you happen to play them. Could be an easy 4 points or could be 2 beltings and a knock to your percentage points.

I guess Ginever's attitude towards the situation of Port Reserves AFL listed players determining their win : loss ratio and the effect that has on SANFL standings come season's end, is probably a reflection of the powers (no pun intended) that be at the SANFL and AFL. Dismissive and irreverent, which is probably how they now see our comp as a whole.
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville Saturday 2.10

The Eagles can't be serious playing schwarz and martyn they are F graders, Westies should win by 3 goals

I thought we were supposed have some good juniors coming up and we're playing plodders like poole and schwarz and well martyn has pace but that's about it
How did those plodding F graders do this week against the Premiers?

Just asking

Norwood's Rugby League gamestyle was no surprise but when man on man footy was served up with counter attack....... well let's just say they kicked more at the Eagles goals then their own :twisted: Shite it must be watching that each week, do your head in :Hangman:
Should I repeat the question as you seemed to have missed it?
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v Port @ Adelaide Oval (Fri N 24/4)

Port to dish out the Legs 2nd thrashing in 2 weeks
Disgrace this game isn't being played on ANZAC day. How many years of tradition wiped away for the AFL?
Sadly Port Adelaide Reserves to continue their unbeaten start by 8 goals
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 25/4)

Centrals are just missing that killer punch.
Had more of the ball, won the clearances and had more inside 50s
Eagles just more clinical
by johntheclaret
Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is a lot of discord on here and a lot of " get over it" or "move on"
But step back for a second. Those who feel passionately about not having Reserve teams in the SANFL have a right to push their cause, and where else are they expected to do this other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL.

Anyone who suggests they should raise it with their clubs should think first.
A) Don't you think these people, so passionate about their league, haven't already done that?
B) During the whole 'debate', such as it was, how many of the 6 clubs that voted yes actually asked for their own members views?
C) Ergo, the clubs not having asked for views let alone votes from members, how many are likely to acknowledge or accept any dissension from any members?

In other words, where else are these passionate supporters of the SANFL supposed to vent their protests other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL ?
I note that many who take the "move on" or "get over it" stance are either Port Adelaide supporters or have the Crows as their AFL team. Either way those same people have an obvious loyalty to the AFL or their reserve sides and not ultimately to the SANFL.

Personally I think it is a shame what has happened to the SANFL forum on SAFooty.net and feel for the administrators who need to generate income to pay for the site. Many members have stopped posting, traffic certainly seems to be on the wane and this might be a worry for the admin team ?

I am sure the "move on" or "get over it" brigade will point the finger at the 'whingers' for driving posters away, without a single consideration that some posters have "moved on" and "got over it" by changing sports codes or just lost interest altogether. Or god forbid decided that the SANFL is no longer for them and neither is an SANFL forum.

I have a genuine sympathy for those SANFL supporters who oppose the unilateral decisions made by 'Their' clubs. I've taken the stance to continue supporting my club by way of memberships and sponsorship but I certainly feel the SANFL has been degraded by the inclusion of the AFL Reserve sides. But it is an easier decision for me, not standing on the outer every week watching my team.
I also acknowledge the absolute frustration, anger and genuine angst many members feel that a club they have supported all their lives made a fundamental league changing decision without having the opportunity to not only vote on the issue but even have a say.

Remember for true SANFL fans, like fans of other sports, their club is for life. It's part of their family, it's their wife, son and daughter, it's their best mates and a way of life. Those who feel betrayed by their club will feel genuine anger and heartache which sometimes you can't just "get over it" or "move on".

And if you think it's all bullshit, think how you feel when your team loses a grand final !! Now transfer that feeling every day of the week, every week of the season. It might be a bit easier when you have 2 teams, an AFL team and an SANFL team and therefore you genuinely don't understand what all the fuss us about? Well good luck to ya. Not everyone feels the same.
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL investigating new state league championship?

How can you call it Champions of Australia when any one of the AFL sides would smash the "champs of Aus" by 20 goal. Even half the AFL ressies would give them a game.

Pointless and just a gimmick for the AFL.

How about we kick the ressies out of the SANFL and have an 8 team league where each plays each other 3 times, 1 x Home: 1 x Away: 1 as a Double Header at AO.
24 Games with top 4 in the finals.

Bugger the AFL, play the GF the 1st week October where it belongs and try scheduling some of the early games as carnival games when there's no AFL to compete with.
Maybe SANFL could put their hands in their pockets and try spending some of that $80m on actually promoting their own league teams.
Do some 'bring a friend for free' offers and pay the home club $14 for every free ticket they give out or whatever, but least make some effort to pull in more patrons.
It isn't Rocket Science.
Then we wouldn't need gimmicky end of season crap that means nothing to anyone.
by johntheclaret
Sat May 02, 2015 2:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham (Sat N 2/5)

Cross was outstanding.

Stood up to the plate when needed. We need more like him.

He saved that game for us. Time for others to take the lead as he can not do it week in , week out.

Good to have our first win against the Adelaide Reserves.

Actually you owe me for the win.
As usual, couldn't sleep so decided to listen on line to the game. Adelaide Reserves were winning when I tuned in but instantly Cross banged in 3 to wrestle the game back for South and that was that. I saw the the game out for you to make sure nothing untoward happened. :) ;)
by johntheclaret
Mon May 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 live scores etc.

Jim05 wrote:People are surprised that a guy who has a spud award named after him is a crap coach?
Chuck Berry is a better coach than Kenny

So's Maris Piper
by johntheclaret
Sun May 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Glenelg v West @ Glenelg 2.10

Bit of a gap opening up between the top 5 and the bottom 5
No reason to think it won't be bigger after today. Bloods by 20-25 points.

We're playing today?? reckon we'll win the one on Sunday though, thanks to a big last qtr.... 8) ;)
Today / Sunday, Westies still to take the points.
Fixed it up for you though. Wouldn't want any Bays fans turning up on the wrong day ;)
by johntheclaret
Tue May 12, 2015 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: are north imploding

LOL \:D/

4 posts in 5 months. You rely are bitter troll mate.
I popped over to your other site to see if I could find an "Are North imploding thread" but guess what.
:roll:
Maybe you should learn how to spell
Maybe I should turn off predictive text but it wouldn't alter anything. Can you please put up a link to your "Are North Imploding" thread on your preferred footy forum as I can't find it.
by johntheclaret
Wed May 13, 2015 5:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:
JK wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Hey, it is the never ending thread after all :)

lol fair point

If we dont start bringing up old shit again we risk running out of material.

Agreed
No AFL in the SANFL .
by johntheclaret
Wed May 20, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 North v WWT @ Prospect Sunday 2.10

I saw what you did there.

And I don't like it ;)
by johntheclaret
Mon May 25, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Live scores

Fantastic gameday thread Scott.

Thanks
by johntheclaret
Sun May 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

am Bays wrote:Yeah, nah, all I'm saying is that we still have a lot of work to do on field and off field to get where we want to be but we'll deal with the facts of the situation.

Listen just let me enjoy the win will ya, you lot! [-o<
:D
by johntheclaret
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Three Sided Football

Wedgie wrote:I've got a crazy idea, put 2 reserves sides into the same comp as 8 league teams and have those 2 reserves teams play under different rules.

Now you're just being silly
by johntheclaret
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 20

Dogwatcher wrote: They were the least disinterested side I'd ever seen at SANFL level.

Does that mean they were the most interested then ;)
by johntheclaret
Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday Night SANFL Show - 1197am RPH Adelaide

Can't wait for you to get McGregor from the Eagles on.
Is it a phone in Phil
by johntheclaret
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday @ Norwood

With Wally getting a game in him and Barmby back there is suddenly a little pressure for guys to keep their spot. Our forward line is still misfiring and ruck just cant seem to at least break even. If Baulderstone is proppy that will help us out a lot.

I thought Norwood were due but it was a week early. To lose a second time in a row and this game at home is a big ask for us. There is going to be a stack of tackles and this will be a very defensive game. I'm still going for Centrals but by less than a goal.
To be fair Retzlaff has scored more points per game than anyone in the league. You just need another scorer with him.

Almost last chance saloon for Centrals and as others have said, Norwood haven't been in top form for a while.
I'll go Centrals by 10-15 points despite the Redlegs parking the bus.
by johntheclaret
Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Glenelg v Sturt - Saturday @ Glenelg

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the bays were $126 for the flag, is it mathematically possible to sneak into the finals and cause havoc??

Yes, no and no. ;)
by johntheclaret
Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14: North v Adelaide - Saturday 18 July @ Prospect

Felt sorry for the Crows players having noone cheer their big win.

So in 1972 North were the champions of Australia. Who would have thought they would fall so far.

To be so uncompetitive against the RESERVES of a struggling team. It's a disgrace. And a team with no fans. Ah at least we can feel sorry for THEM.

So sad that North voted to play this reserves team. So did my club. If North weren't so $hit at least we could have had a playoff for the biggest joke of the SANFL.... but sadly i don't think we (Sturt) can win another spoon from here. Not this year anyway.

Gain comfort in feeling sorry for players of a reserves team that no one cares about, even when they thrash us. It's all a bit weird.
Yeah that 43 years just raced by :roll:
by johntheclaret
Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14: Eagles v Port - Saturday 18 July @ Woodville

We've been only just doing enough on and off for a while now, and finally came up against someone who didn't stop for a whole game....
PAP fitness levels have to be admired and we just couldn't keep going....

Dumb statement.
They are a full time professional outfit FFS. You'd expect them to have much higher fitness levels.
Why on earth would you want to admire a club who have such an unfair advantage and are using your league as training matches for their first team :roll:
by johntheclaret
Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Crows 2.10 Saturday

Hate these matches

Im always torn between my love and Loyalty to the crows and my love for Norwood. Being only 8 when the Crows came in I have grown up with them going every week. I only spent the years from 5-8 going to Norwood matches with Dad. Once the crows entered we switched to going to crows matches and it wasnt until I was older enough to go by myself to Norwood games that I started to go again.

Im so torn

Great post, well expressed and honest, but go with Norwood. Plenty of opportunities to support, see and hear about the Crows in this town.

From a personal perspective, good to know that the brainwashing your Dad did during those 5-8 years has seen the support for the SANFL through. Exactly what Im doing to mine, poor little buggers have no choice. :D
Personally, I can't understand how anyone could change their allegiance from one club to another just like that.
by johntheclaret
Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In that case they should be limited to no more than 13 next year and kicked out the year after
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Glenelg 2.10 Saturday

am Bays wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:For as long as there's no relegation ;)

Is there relegation this year JTC??? 8)

* taken from the last Bays game thread of 2014.....

D'oh
You have way too much time on your hands :oops:
by johntheclaret
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some of your former players are probably in there :)
I didn't know there was a legends jail out there!

There's not, I was wrong, the prison out there is only minimum security. Your lads are probably in Yattla.
No, that's the Roosters, they have a glory hole up to the Grand North fence!
Woah steady on there Spartacus. No need to bring a north into it
by johntheclaret
Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17: Centrals v Sturt Saturday 8 August @ Elizabeth

That's right knowledge. He showed good form early, right when Sturt were playing well, and I think was named on an extended interchange once or twice, then had an injury just when he became impossible to overlook. It's perhaps his experience that can lend a bit of consistency to our game. It's been a funny old season for us. Looked up to have had improved then lost 6 in a row. Mind you a few of them were gallant losses but I reckon we should have been better given how strong we were in stages last year.
Bring on the dogs and let's go in all guns blazing. Hope the Duldig factor spurs us on.

Kicked 11 in a game earlier this year and hasn't played in the 1s and is a proven goal kicker and honest contributor. Any wonder the Blues are going to finish 9th :roll:

Kicked 5.2 out of 10.3 to make his non selection throughout the season look very average if not farcical.

Well done Big Dulds
I think farcical might be a bit strong there wristy.
From memory he may have had an injury in the pre-season, so he played reserves to force his way back into the league side.
In round one he failed to kick a goal, then he was injured while kicking 1 goal in round 2, and didn't play again until round 6, by which stage the league side had won 3 lost 2.
In his return bout he got 3 goals. His famous 11 goals against Central in round 7, spearheaded a Sturt side which absolutely pummeled the opposition 22:14-146 to 6:3-39. That's a margin of 16 goals 11 points. The league side also won the same day against much tougher opposition than the ressies faced, and got over the line by 14 points. The league side was 4/3 at that stage and had dropped games to Norwood, South and an injury free Power reserves side, so they were traveling pretty well. Duldig on the other hand had taken a big bag of goals against a team that was simply swatted aside by a superior force, and apart from that had kicked 4 goals in 3 games and been injured for 3 weeks as well as an injury interrupted pre-season.
Was it farcical that he wasn't picked in the league side the following week? I'd say debatable is a better word.
The following week he didn't kick a goal in the ressies against the Eagles, and didn't play again until round 11, so had picked up another injury.
During his absence the league side got thumped after throwing everything at the Ravens who featured Crouch, Podsiadly and one other regular AFL bloke who I can't remember. Perhaps if Digger had been on the field that day it could have been a different story, but not if he was injured. By the time Duldig returned from injury, the league side was already 3 losses into its 6 game losing streak.
Since coming back from injury in round 11 he has kicked 2, 2, 1, 2 and 0 goals. A total of 7 goals in 5 games, and by my records has 22 goals from 10 games for the season in the reserves and been injured on three different occasions.
I would say that the coaching staff had concerns about his movement and risk of recurring injury. His one stand out game also coincided with a period where the league side was playing great footy. Obviously a fully fit Duldig would have been in the side from the beginning, and his 5 goals is a big homecoming and we love him at Unley. Had he been fully fit we may have won a few more, but every side has injuries.
You really need to get out more TRB ;)
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alan Obst to Retire Tonight?

Douglas Mawson wrote:Serious question keyboard folk:

1. You have no talent, fitness, physique or idea; versus
2. You have talent, fitness, a physique like Alan's, but a body that just won't stay resilient.

What do you think would be more frustrating ?

Following North
by johntheclaret
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting the AFL is now looking at a women's competition by 2017, but money is a prohibitive factor in setting up an AFL reserves competition.
Only if they swap shirts at the end

And then you wonder why people view SANFL supporters as outdated...
Sorry, shoulda put a ;) in there so it was obvious to ultra forward thinking people like you that it was just in jest.

Im sure it's only the ultra forward thinking people like you who view SANFL supporters as outdated. You know, the same ultra forward thinking people that thought having the reserves in the SANFL is / was a good thing for the comp,
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

400 per game over 80 games so far is 32,000 down so far
It's like playing the GF at an empty stadium

No, it would be like playing a grand final with 14% less people?
You can miss my point as much as you like Bennymacca. Based on the current average crowds, that's going to mean 36,000 less bums on seats for the year, or equivalent to approximately how many might attend a GF,

In cold hard cash it equates to just over $500k. Assuming those missing fans threw in just $5.00 in spends (I think that is a fairly conservative amount), on the day then you can add another $180k. Use the same analogy for lost merchandise sales and the clubs could be looking at something close to or possibly more than $1m.
Add into that the free entries mentioned elsewhere (albeit quite small numbers by all accounts) and you end up with a product in significantly worse position than when the reserves were admitted.
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 17b

CENTURION wrote:Slade?

What the whole Band or just Noddy
by johntheclaret
Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 19 SCORES AND CHAT

Well woop de do.
An AFL listed player in an AFL Reserves team wins the Ken Farmer
That's another award that means **** all from now
by johntheclaret
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Every scorer for the 2015 minor round

Congratulations to a Clint Alleway for clinching the Ken Farmer Medal.
Personally I don't think Posiadly's goal should count for the KF medal.

Congrats to both West and WWT for both having 3 players each in the top 9 and social mention to McGregor who finished top of the pile WWT ahead of both Ainger and Wundke. Good effort by the small forward.
by johntheclaret
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Broadcasting

So SANFL is happy to pay $1m+ to ch7 whose main footballing ambition is to promote AFL and has shown more Port Reserve games than any other club, but can't run to $600 a game for radio coverage with a station soley dedicated to SANFL footy and has been for a damn site longer than the AFL reserves involvement.

How many finals games will they cover. Maybe finals fans who can't be there can put $600 together.

It's a bloody disgrace. What more can the idiots in charge do to **** up a once great league. They are suppose to be the custodians of the SANFL but piece by piece they are dismantling it. I despair, I really do.

If RPH have have finished covering SANFL games, period, then that'll be just another reason for fans to disengage with the league.
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Retirements

Uncharacteristically unkind from you
by johntheclaret
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |