Search found 387 matches

Return

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

JK wrote:Im guessing OTR would be happy to this point in time Johnnyboy?

Short lived JK ;)
by johntheclaret
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Bantams Season 2012-2013

Have been keeping a low profile on here for a bit, haven't wanted to put the mockers on anything....

But as of this morning we are still on course for the Quadruple... Yep that's right the Quadruple...

Johnstone's Paint Cup

Sorry Jase, my railwaymen have put pay to that one:

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/crewe-4-1-bradford-600494.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Toot toot!
And not won a game since?
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Led Zeppelin

Christmas Prezzie from my son
Framed Led Zep 1 album signed by all four band members
Authenticated as genuine

how cool is that?
by johntheclaret
Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

What an absolute ******* disgrace. Half the ******* team up their own ******* arses and a ******* joke of a senior thwarting coach
How can a team d so ******* bad. ******* rabble who ducking thought a they had to do was ******* turn up. Taught a fu king lesson by a team that isn't that good but respect the *******
Three ******* lions my ******* arse, get back to the shithole IPL you ******* parasitic tossers with no ******* balls.

5 ******* 0
by johntheclaret
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oldest Current SANFL League Side

Meh... I thought this was a thread about which current side had the oldest average age in players :roll:
by johntheclaret
Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

So the question is which team will Jasper be playing in? who gives a rat, he could say "you're playing for the magpies" or "you're playing in the SANFL". All that matters is he is not playing in the main game, same as anyone not picked for their clubs A grade

Exactly playing in reserves, seconds, b grade but not the league team!

Wait, so theoretically, if I was at Norwood & I didn't get selected for the reserves & had to play in the SAAFL at say Broadview. I wouldn't actually be playing for Broadviews A grade, I'd be playing for Norwoods Cs?

Not the same. But to use the same analogy, theoretically if you were at Norwood and you didn't make the league team then you would play in the reserves, which is exactly what would happen if you, theoretically, played for Port Power.

I don't understand why it is so difficult for you Port fellas to grasp. For Christ sake, call them what you want but they are the Power Reserves.
You can put a dog in a stable, but it's still a dog
by johntheclaret
Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Booney wrote:AFL listed players playing in the SANFL league competition, is how I look at it. I look forward to Apache breaking that down.

Handicap? Going nowhere. :(

Hard luck Tiger :D

But you missed the key word...... RESERVE.... AFL players in the SANFL.
by johntheclaret
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Chavs 1-0 with 10 to play
Back to a 3 horse race

Oh please. City go one point ahead if they won and it's title race over. Stupidest comment I would of seen on here .

That I very much doubt ;)
by johntheclaret
Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Do you know whats funny. How John Olsens on his way back to Adelaide to find out why Adelaide were given the go ahead to use the guernsey, and maybe renegotiate the revenue being split between the AFC and the 9 SANFL clubs, instead of the South Australian Crows keeping all the money.

Also, there was a reason the SANFL didnt sell the State guernsey in shops. It was to keep the jumper sacred, and so only deserving players were able to own one. Now thats ****** isnt it.
Funnily HH3, that name selection actually says it all. If they are the club for ALL South Australians then "The South Australian Crows" would be more appropriate.

But they are not are they? They are the Adelaide Crows, a Franchise spurned from the SANFL, to compete in a club based expansionist league that bears no relationship to state whatsoever.

DD14, you denigrate the SANFL and it's supporters by telling us we are a small minority and in fact smaller than even the SAAFL. But in the next breath tell us that the AFC was born from all the SANFL clubs and therefore does represent state football and appropriately is entitled to wear the State Guernsey. It does seem to me that you want it both ways.

But hey what would I know. I'm a pom who doesn't even live there, but I'm pretty sure that I have more respect for South Australia and its national Guernsey than any of those so called "decision makers" who are only interested in the promotion of the Crows for financial gains, and possibly a good few Crow supporters.
by johntheclaret
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sir Tom Finney R I P

Sad news at the passing of Mr Preston today

Played over 500 games for the Invincible's and regarded by everyone in football as a true legend of the game.

Palermo once offered him £10,000 signing fee and £100 per week. He was on £14 per week at the time and PNE offered another £6 a week to stay. The rest is history as they say.

One of a few players to only play for one club and go on to be club president

RIP
by johntheclaret
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

I've said this before but I reckon Ferguson should stay away from the club. He's had his day. David Moyes' cause is not helped by having Fergie casting a critical eye from the stands.

Let's not forget that he lobbied hard to have Moyes as his successor so he has to accept some of the responsibility for the club's predicament.

Whilst Fergie was a great manager he's not a very good judge of managerial talent. I remember him saying Aston Villa made a good choice in appointing Alex McLeish three years back :roll:
Spot on. Tuck off Ferguson and let Moyes do his job.

Remember Jim its not his team. Get this season out of the say, dispose of some the hacks and has beens and bring in a few of his own and Utd will be back on track.

You United fans make me laugh FFS, you are 6th in the league. Try being a fan of a real football club, where if you don't win your last game of the season you are out of the league altogether.

Moyes is a very good manager. He's a shrewd operator in the transfer market and a very good tactician. Its not his fault Ferguson bailed out at the right time.
by johntheclaret
Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

Ridiculous commentary by the Sunday Mail. Were the Eagles even playing against the Crows Reserves? - they were certainly hardly mentioned...
FFS will you lot stop whining. You're sounding like a Pom on the weather. When the hell will you realise your SANFL side isn't worth a mention. If it wasn't for the Crows and the Power there wouldn't be an SANFL comp any more

You need to wake up and smell the humous, and accept the fact there are only 2 sides that matter in your puny comp, so just STFU and accept reality.

Bloody soft IMO

Go crows and power, teams for all South Australians
by johntheclaret
Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:well im deluded, I thought that people power would win, but we had $100,000 to vote yes

MT we both know you are smarter than than that.

It stinks
It is shite
But it has happened
by johntheclaret
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

Bit unfair to keep referring to supporters with a different viewpoint to you as sheep. It's derogatory and suggests anyone who doesn't agree with you should be insulted. And you deride Trigg's tactics, what's the difference?

Here's some observations though.
How many clubs have had an AGM since they voted for AFL Reserves into the SANFL?
How many of those board members have been voted off because of their decision to vote Yes to the AFL Reserves?
I know at North the only board member to vote no to the AFL Reserves was not re-elected?
The Crows are paying $50k per club. How many memberships does that equate to?
Sponsorship is paying for CH7. How much did ABC2 cost the clubs last year.
How much additional ground advertising will the clubs get as a result of CH7

If you think by not attending you are going to make a difference well......
Every member had a chance to make their stand at every AGM.
Talking about getting rid of the bye, I could suggest that leaving the SANFL as it was would have gotten rid of the bye alright. But not just by losing Port. I think you might have added Sturt, West and possibly Glenelg to that list.

Still a 6 club comp would get rid of the bye and what's sacraficing a couple of SANFL clubs if it means winning the No AFL Reserves argument
by johntheclaret
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Title belongs to City
Liverpool 2nd
Chavs 3rd
Everton 4th

Liverpool v Everton in CL final 2015
by johntheclaret
Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah but City have games in hand
by johntheclaret
Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

When was the last five match ban handed down at the SANFL tribunal?

AFL reserves players are obviously protected species.

If I was a North supporter, I'd be furious.

GO PANTHERS
You can have a one night stand with another chick mate but the mother of your children will always be your true love ;)
Pigs arse!!!!
Ok, the mother of your children will always be your pigs arse ;)
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Eagles v Central @ Maughan Thiem (Sat 5/4)

Will be my first Centrals opening game I have missed in my memory!!!

Will be going to watch Eastern Park this Saturday.

Hoping for a Centrals win UUUUdogs
Me too (other than the eastern park bit). Apologise to the CDFC boys for not supporting them on the day.
Band wagoners the pair of you. You're only waiting for the CDFC v AFC game.

Go on admit it.
You know you want to

:D ;)
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Everybody in Adelaide please count yourselves lucky that you are able to get telecasts of the games. As I live in Sydney, I used to look forward to the replay of the ABC match of the day at 2.00am on a Wednesday morning. Alas now that Channel 7 have the rights to the telecasts, there will be no match replay at all to Sydney (and interstate) viewers. I rang them this afternoon and was told that they can only show one game and it has to be only in South Australia. :( :( Needless to say, I am not very happy about this and have rung the SANFL to complain about this. I will be interested to know if I get a reply!! It seems that the only way I will know the result, is if I listen to the radio broadcasts through the streaming stations!!

For those of you hard of reading, I'll write it again. The ABC didn't want to do it any more.

Simply put, NO CHANNEL 7, NO FOOTBALL TELECAST!!
Bullshit
ABC didn't want to commit to another 3 year contract. The SANFL wanted more than a 1 year rolling contract but given no other choice would have gone with that option.
It was only the bollocks sprouted by your mob that the CH7 costs would be covered by sponsorship that turned their gullible little heads. Only now it appears the shortfall in sponsorship is greater than the ABC costs afterall

Still, you keep on SHOUTING mate.
by johntheclaret
Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide @ Prospect (Sun 6/4)

SimonH wrote:Given the awesome fitness regime in place at Crows HQ, as long as North are somewhere in the hunt at 3/4 time they'll be sweet.

Unless the Crows Reserves kick 11 goals without reply in the last qtr I think North might be in with a shout :D
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

LEH wrote:Played 4... Lost 4... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice Work Trigg & Chapman.

What was the Crowd?
2000 Rosters + 4000 Cows = 6000?

4,000 Roosters, 1 Crow who continually complained apparently + 5,999 Crows who turned up late, got in for free and brought their own sandwich's and thermos's
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 LIVE scores

Disappointing North took the foot off the throat but still a flogging in any man's language.
Well done Roosters.
Im sure the media will report that the Cows started slowly but outplayed their opponents in the final quarter and that there were more positives than negatives from the game

North were very lucky today. got all the calls from the Umps, and Adelaide very unlucky as they just run out of time after dominating the 2nd half. In the end their 6,000 fans behind the goal were virtually sucking the ball through the uprights and it took a dirty tackle from Obst to take match winner Porplyzia out of the game to give North an advantage.

Adelaide can quite rightly complain with North fielding 22 after disgracefully sneaking Lewis Johnston onto the oval undetected in a Crows Guernsey, who turned out to be one of our best for the day.

Equally the 6,000 Crow supporters were quite right to complain to Weslo after the filthy abuse thrown at them by a group of so called Rooster fans, obviously inebriated judging by their close proximity to the Beer Cabin.

As soon as the AFL change the playing time rules to 8 x 40 minute quarters Adelaide will be alright.
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South V West Post Game

SDK wrote:Hope that crowd is wrong .... very disappointing if correct.
Can there be just 800 supporters from each club actually going to the football ?

1,500 were Crows fans
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Booney wrote:Bah grizzle grumble. Project players, AFL hacks. Grizzle grumble some more.

Behave you. At least this is the right thread to do it in
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FA CUP 2013/2014

woodublieve12 wrote:Here we come!!! First time since 1930

Not at that stadium it won't be
by johntheclaret
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

The atmosphere was poor on Sunday with the crowd all cheering for the same team. It was like a Crows (AFL) game.

Now that's funny and sadly ironic all at the same time.

Hopefully a Crowz reserves supporter, yeah right, complains about the lack of atmosphere at games.

He did. Unfortunately he was complaining that there was too much atmosphere :D
by johntheclaret
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

Kind of on topic and kind of off topic.

But word around Elizabeth Oval today from supporters and was even told by a current dogs league player is that Ian Callinan has told the Crows he wont be playing against Centrals this year.

Not sure how true that is but It did come from some normally reliable sources.

How long has he been a Crows player Hammy?

2-3 years I think?

Either way much like the Rooster supporters and Johnston I wont be holding grudge against him if he does play.

on topic the SANFL needs a strong Sturt so im glad to see them make a positive start to the year.

it out of order, considering the Crows have paid him a decent wage for a few years. Maybe he should play like Lewie did against North. 0.3 for the day ;)
by johntheclaret
Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 LIVE Scores

Ted E Bear wrote:back to the drawing board crowettes. Wont win a game this year. There is a god.

Bit unfair. they haven't played the Bays yet
by johntheclaret
Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

This day was always going to happen. Now its here let rip all you knockers, get it off your chest. Your time has come.

bear in mind its the other way with the crowettes
Well that just sums up what a farce the comp has become.
8 clubs with one set of rules
1 club with another set
And Port with a different set than the others

You think a comp where, due to the rules 1 side will get smashed every week but another side that has a different set of rules could end up winning by 100 points every week, isn't a farce.

I can't think of any other sporting comp anywhere where all the teams playing in it don't play by the same rules.

Still, you seem comfortable with that
by johntheclaret
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

That number is obviously not zero, and all the talk pre season was about increased opportunities for sponsors. No brainier really. Now with the schedule, it is weird that they haven't publicised it for the whole year, or are they reserving the right to change which game they show?

I was previously a sponsor of Centrals. Now no interest whatsoever.

i sponsor a local soccer club and ammo football club instead.

And it costs all up under 50% of what the SANFL sponsorship package did for both.

Bit unfair that UK. Your club did at least say no. It's not thier fault Ressies in the comp. If that is the reason why you stopped sponsoring them?

Lost all respect for the league JTC !! I sponsored the club because I loved the league and wanted to help it become as strong as possible. no real interest in sponsoring a club in a league that refuses to stand up for itself and is scared of leaving the teet of the AFL. Ive communicated my stance to to the club for years.

The day AFL reserves enters the league is the day my sponsorship ceases. Always being assured it won't happen. At the end of the day the CDFC weren't just a vote on this issue they were a voice .

Myself and my family are Still members/patrons of cdfc but that's it.

Honest question. Do you think Im the only CDFC sponsor that hasn't renewed this year ????? And the league becoming a developement league the reason behind their non renewal ??? Are all of them out of line.

Can I ask Are you continuing your sponsorship of North Adelaide ?? How north voted on the issue the reason why/why not ??

I have no idea who does and who doesn't sponsor CDFC anymore.
I assume Centrals, like everyone else, needs all the support and money they can get just to survive.
Your post read as though you have no interest in CDFC, but anyway you spend your money how you like.

Yes I have sponsored North again this year, and hopefully I'll be down thee again if we reach the GF. North are my team, end of really.
by johntheclaret
Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Is there any other competition in the world where full time professionals play semi professionals, with such a significant difference in salary cap?

Every 4 years when the US Dream Team wins gold in the Men's basketball at the Olympics.
And I don't think the Haarlem Globetotters play by the same rules as the rest. Oh hang on...their games really are a farce
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

R.I.P SANFL :evil:

Sick of this reference. The Sanfl died years ago in terms of standard, probably due to excessive money in country leagues and the growing popularity in soccer. If an Sanfl side can't beat a bunch of talented kids who have only played against boys and underdone/out of form AFL players then the standard is shit. 10 years ago an afl reserves side would not get within 10 goals of a top 5 League side.
Well said... Spot on
Bollocks
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Here I was thinking this thread was going to discuss the Magpies and Eagles game.

Pretty sure every post match Magpies thread this season will be a waste of time.

Unfortunately so, and add any post match Crows thread as well. But I guess what else do you expect when your composite team smashes an amateur SANFL side.

Last week when the Power Reserves smashed Glenelg it was said by some that any side would have smashed them, they were so bad.
But this week your mob were playing the leagues' flag favorites and what was the stats again?? 34 scoring shots to 11.

Seems to me most true SANFL fans are right to be pissed off with what's happened.
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Again Kickinit heads off on the completely wrong tangent :roll:

Get it back to the thread topic or it will be locked.....
Maybe you should try deleting his posts if you feel he is constantly taking threads off topic.

What's the point of having rules if all you want to do is lock a thread when a habitual troll is only interested in ...... Trolling
Hey guess what... That's another rule of the site isn't it, no trolling.

Come on Mods, do the right thing and get these idiots off the boards

Perhaps managing the amount of mindless, never ending, round-and-round in circles anti-AFL in SANFL debate might keep good posters here too?
Actually I agree with you.
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide @ Gilderol (Fri N 25/4)

Mic wrote:
LPH wrote:Looking forward to this game & 'catching up' with The Snouts :D
Will be interesting how many turn up - Tex back for the Cows could see 5000+

It will be a sellout...

Are you talking about the game or the league ?
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

What are North Adelaide more interested in, the success of their League side or success of their Reserves side?

Unfortunately at Glenelg, I think the interest is more in the Reserves side as they have been up top for 8 years now and then you can throw in the success of the Under 18's as well (and the Under 16's who beat North yesterday).

The dream of "success flowing through the club to League level" just has not come to fruition.
North are interested I their league team and rightly so. That also stands true for any AFL club too.

The key difference is that North's reserve side plays in a reserve competition which is designed to support the league team. Both the AFL clubs reserve teams play in a national league competition which is of course the main cause of angst on this site.
by johntheclaret
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

All you Port and Crows boys and girls, instead of whinging and whining, how about just don't read the thread. You know it's about. I have no interest in the AFL. Do you see me in that forum making flaming posts?

You whine on about how every thread is hijacked by the anti afl mob but most of the crap that starts drags a topic down is posted by one of your lot.
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have Westies Imploded?

Are you taking the piss, Panther Pack???
Don't think South supporters should be having a go at other teams, were you even alive when South made their last Grand Final???
Maybe pull back and see if your club can
1.Make the Finals and
2. Actually win one.......

Just asking the question mate didn't expect west to be 0-4.

Also never seen South in a grand final however I've seen my fair share of implosions at South and if it looks like an implosion and smells like an implosion then its an implosion!!!! (Glenelg supporters would also be able to recognise a good implosion when they see one) ;)
You are a naughty boy Pink Panther, scoring points off both West and Glenelg in the same post.

I was going to say I hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the arse, but to hell with it. You've been a long time in the waiting, go for it and enjoy the moment :D
Personally, I think it's great to see Southies having a gloat for a change. Everyone's 2nd fav club and one with integrity to boot.
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

Lol Rnd 5 Port v Adel thread

Greatest forward line to play in the SANFL ever. And I think one of them named has been playing for Richmond

I can see it is going to be hard work for you Dutchy :D
by johntheclaret
Fri May 02, 2014 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - West v Central @ City Mazda (Sun 3/5*)

Yeah, how does that work then. Westies ask for an extra day because of the Foxtel Cup and then go and play a bunch of ressies.
I'd ask for the game to be moved back to Sat if I was Centrals. A bit of an insult by West.
by johntheclaret
Thu May 01, 2014 5:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

End of the 1st Qtr

With a shortened season, we are now a quarter of the way through.

Port Reserves looking like they might run away with it due to their unrealistic advantage. They are a able to draw on their AFL stars whilst topping up with experience, hardened SANFL players. People may well talk about how the Reserve Clubs will be affected as injuries mount to their respective AFL sides but in Port's case it seems they have this covered by the level of SANFL players retained on their list. This year might be a learning curve for the SANFL committee who, hopefully, will address the balance next year. Forecast finish 1st

Adelaide Crows Reserves are pretty much where most people expected them to be. Whilst they can be competitive as the win two week's ago proved, they won't dominate the league in the same way that Port will do this year. They also have the disadvantage of the quality of stock available when injuries mount in their AFL side. You would expect Adelaide to finish in the bottom 3 which will be perfectly acceptable for a development squad. Forecast finish 9th

Of the two "no voters" South is doing rather well and outperformed most peoples expectations including I suspect, many South supporters.
Eddy for the Panthers has been a revelation this year and his goals have been instrumental in their success. The whole club seems to have lifted and got behind a relatively unknown and unproven coach. Free flowing and the ability to kick goals in abundance should see South there or there abouts come season end. Their big problem, just like every other club in the league, will be how they fair when the injuries pile up. This week saw them lose 3 to injury. Having to play with a depleted bench for more than half a game is tough for any team. The fact that South came back to snatch the lead again before succumbing to a couple of late goals show the determination they this year, when in the same circumstances in previous years would have seen them roll over and lose by a much bigger margin. Forecast finish 4th

Centrals haven't recovered from the loss of the Gowan twins along with some other inspirational players and their new recruits don't appear to have the same drive and determine as the old guard which has turned attention onto their coach Roy Laird. Laird has been a fantastic coach for Centrals making him one of the most successful coaches in SANFL history and the dominance of the Centals side through the noughties was record breaking. To sustain that level of dominance year after year is impossible. Ask Man Utd. Centrals had a group of players that stood out from the rest, not just a couple of great players like most clubs have but a team of great players. There was always going to be a time when these great players retired or moved on and Centrals were never going to be able to replace them. It's a rebuilding time for the Dogs which might take a few years and maybe a new Coach, but to panic now and remove mid season would be a mistake. Forecast finish 8th

Woodville West Torrens hVe been there or thereabouts for a few years now, often the bridesmaid and it looks like they will miss out again this year. Wundke, Ainger and Grocke provide a potent forward line up as proved this week with 8 goal between them and at full strength the Eagles will be difficult to beat. They have a settled squad and have made some good acquisitions this year to strengthen that squad. It's hard to see anyone other than Port from denying then top spot . Forecast finish 2nd

Premiers Norwood are proving disappointing this year and whilst Redleg fans might point to the fact they suffered heavy losses of stock during the closed season, I might be fair to say that the new recruits don't understand or aren't skilled enough to execute the Norwood gameplan. Couple this to a very inexperienced coach who is trying to carry on the same strategy that worked so well for two seasons under Bassett and you seem to end up with a mix that is no longer stopping sides from scoring and not scoring big themselves. It is possible that playing a gameplan and coaching a gameplan are not necessarily complimentary. Forecast finish 5th

Sturt are another that has surprised many so far. They were expected to struggle more this year than last after losing so many back to their club in the Crows. They did however recruit very well, particularly from Port Adelaide and are playing some very attractive footy. Hard at the ball and the man, they are also very quick at moving the ball forward. When they have the ball they create spare men to give it to and when they don't have the ball they are very aggressive at closing the opposition down and winning it back. A traditional SANFL approach that has somewhat been lost over the years, and importantly, they play and look like a team. Forecast finish 3rd

Glenelg were a bit of an enigma. Made some big signings and looked like they meant business. After last season they had to do something about strengthening the squad but to many Bays fans the problems at the club ran deeper than the lack of skill on the oval. Apart from one upset, there doesn't appear to be enough changes in the mentality st the club for them to pull away from the foot of the table. With the likes of big Clint Alleway they have the capacity to kick a big score but many would also question whether players like Alleway, in the twilight of their career have the stamina and the desire to perform at SANFL level. The other problem for Glenelg is that their Spoon rivals in both South and Sturt have significantly improved this year. Forecast finish 10th

Westies started the season with confidence. They had a new coach and looked like they were building on what they had achieved over the last two seasons. Injuries have hurt them and it is hard to see where they will be come the final day. What does seem to be disappointing, not only to most watchers from other clubs but to a growing number of their own fans, is that the gamplan seems be to be the same flooding defensive approach. Still came back this week and kicked a hatful of goals and maybe with a few others coming in West may develop a more attacking style. Four straight loses at the beginning of a 20 game season might have left them with a gap to far to have an impact on the finals this year. Forecast finish 7th

North just beggar to deceive. One week irrepressible, the next week a basket case. Personally I am not convinced about the coach yet. He was from Port yet Strurt seem to get the best named recruits. We have been flattered by the scoreboard more than once this year Sturt being the latest and we don't fight enough we we are in possession. Injuries are racking up forcing North to play inexperienced youngsters which have made an impact on the performances but the big worry is the reaction from the experienced players out there. Our skill levels, which have been a bit up and down fro years, seemed to have dropped as does our kicking and decision making. still in the five just, but North Re likely to be one of a bunch who will fight it out for 5th place. Forecast finish 6th

One thing has stood out as a big positive this year in that all 8 SANFL clubs are competing on a level playing field without the advantage or disadvantage of the influence AFL listed players had in previous years. Unfortunately there seems to be far more negatives with the current situation which will need to be addressed for next season if the SANFL are to have any chAnce of surviving.
by johntheclaret
Sun May 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Symes Announces Retirement

I think maybe just out of respect for the guy and what he has achieved over his career, posters could just leave messages of good luck and appreciation instead of raking up crap or taking the thread off topic.

If you don't rate him or have other opinions of the bloke then be gracious and don't post them here.

He wasn't a North man so I didn't really take a lot of notice of him, but 99 games for the Dogs and 2 premierships, along with 80 AFL games is an achievement to be proud of and one that many others would like to boast. All I can add to that is good luck to him and commiserations that he missed out on the ton. Ivens at North retired 1 short too this year too.
by johntheclaret
Tue May 06, 2014 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geezus, I naturally assumed they'd show North v Nor wood on Anzac Day?

And clash with the Collingwood v Essendon game? The only way would be to play earlier in the day like the Dogs and 'Legs did on the weekend and the Anzac Day march would prevent that happening.

Perhaps the Norwood v North game should have been a twilight fixture and followed the Collingwood v Essendon match if the SANFL wanted more C7 exposure?
Or pehaps they couild have moved the Collingwood v Essenden game
by johntheclaret
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shiteh win 4-0
What a pathetic capitulation
Villa are a basket case and if they don't get rid of that scotch idiot, then they will deserve to go down.
This must be the worst Villa side since the 70's

Spot on.
And Lambert's comments after the game:
"I thought we did fantastic. I am really proud of the team and the nerves were starting to set in.
"I didn't think it was easy for them, I couldn't be prouder of my own team...."
:roll:

He'll be sacked by next Monday.
He talks like they are a league 2 side that just lost 4-0 to City in an FA Cup game
FFS, Lambert, you are premier league v premier league and you just lost 4-0 :roll:
by johntheclaret
Fri May 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:gee Glenelg get a good run on the tv, next 3 weeks!!! not sure if that's good for the comp though given the way they have been playing

Well at least we'll see plenty of goals, and that's what the viewers want ;)
by johntheclaret
Sun May 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by johntheclaret
Sun May 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 6 Central V North postmortem

FFS "stupid Coach", I can't believe what I am reading. What a total lack of respect for the coach. Is he the same coach who brought you a dozen consecutive grand final appearances winning ten of them?

He can only do his best with the cattle he has got. He doesn't suddenly go from being one of the greatest coach in SANFL history to a poor coach overnight. Maybe you need to analyse the players he has to work with and question their ability and commitment. The trouble with you guys is you've had it too good for too long. If he was Healy, them I'd say fair point.

And as for players ridiculing him and his decisions, get rid of them. They aren't club men and will only do to Centrals what "player power" did to South.
by johntheclaret
Sun May 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion 2013/14

0-0 qpr v wigan game

That was easily the worst game of the season and played before a dismal 14k.

Why such a low crowd!!
Several reasons mate:
a) QPR don't travel well
b) Wigan isn't a footballing town. It's a rugby league town
c) If it wasn't for Dave Whelan of JJB fame who bankrolled them to the premiership, they would still be playing non league football. Just another example of how finance came bring disproportionate success.

And finally
d) Letting AFL Reserves sides into the SANFL has affected crowds
by johntheclaret
Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 - West Adelaide v Adelaide - POST MATCH

RB wrote:Yeah, it's cold and dark at night, and there are scary people about.

Come on. It was West not Centrals ;)
by johntheclaret
Mon May 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

I don't really care about whatever advantages or perceived advantages they have at the moment, just gotta take it for what it is. If we come in with the right attitude and make the most of our opportunities, we can absolutely win.

Port has looked a million bucks in patches this year, but so have we (they've just sustained it for longer periods). We've got the best-marking, hard-running and long-kicking forward in the league and one of the best-running midfields (average 30 more handball receives than our opponents this year, no-one comes close). We're not that far off Port in terms of disposal efficiency and skill level. Our defence will get tested, but I reckon our biggest issue is the fact it's at a venue that we've had such little success at in over 100 years.

Haven't looked forward to an SANFL match as much as this since our final against them in 2006. This game means a lot for our season. Whatever they're called/badged now, they're still the same Port Adelaide Magpies that I've despised for so long . Carn South. :D

Well that isn't going to be met with any support on here mate!
Mainly because it isn't correct.
by johntheclaret
Wed May 14, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |