Search found 387 matches

Return

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Booney wrote:How you think thread is going JTC, looks like a good match preview? :lol:

I think it just improved :D
by johntheclaret
Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

*Attention Mods*

I thought all AFL reserves talk was suppose to be in the whinge thread? Seriously can't understand how simple it is to keep the crap in 1 thread. Instead week after week we have idiots talking crap i n a post game thread.
We'll stop posting then.

He said "Attention mods".... ;)
Sorry. Forgot who I was :D
by johntheclaret
Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Why should the 2 AFL clubs have a say on SMA? I wouldn't appoint a tenant in my rental property as my agent to manage the property.

Because like it or lump it, the two AFL sides are the biggest party involved in Adelaide Oval and should at least have a voice.

Wky was it again that the SANFL originally left Adelaide Oval and set up footy park. Wasn't it because they were the biggest source of revenue of Adelaide Oval but where getting no input ? (or something like that).
That's totally irrelevant.
If the two AFL clubs want control, then go and buy a plot of land and build your own stadium.
by johntheclaret
Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(uplift was based on an expected crowd figure)

so whats wrong? was the crowd figure off? i thought pretty much every game so far had been a sellout? cant possibly get more of a crowd than that. if the income generated by those crowds isnt as high as expected, then someone at the club didnt do their due diligence on the numbers provided to them surely? and if it is because the games are a sellout but members arent turning up to watch, isnt that the clubs problem? and hasnt that problem existed here in adelaide since the crows inception nearly 25 years ago?

In which case this thread should be closed and everyone should just shut up and deal with it.

difference is the sanfl has the power to correct the situation. they can vote the afl reserves sides out for the beginning of the 2016 season (not that i think they will, but hey, i can dream)

wish i could complain to my landlord "i am not earning as much as i expected i would this year, lower my rent please...." and expect it to actually work :roll:

The AFL clubs could only do calculations on costs that where given to them. The big issue especially for port was their figures where generated on a lot lower crowd figures then what we have gotten so far, so they should be generating more income then projected but they aren't. It's like your landlord saying you have to pay for this and that which totals $1,000 but then when it actually happens he hits you with $5,000.
Now I get it. So it's a bit like the AFL promising 5,000 fans but when it happens they hit you with less than 1,000 fans.
by johntheclaret
Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RAA members save at SANFL games!

Hi Gang

Getting in first to steal Cambridge Clarries thunder ;)

RAA are offering an exclusive discounts to RAA members.

When you buy any full priced adult or concession ticket to a BROADCAST game (that's the game they show on the telly for those playing at home).. simply show your RAA card at the gate and you'll receive 50% off a second ticket purchased in the same transaction.

For details on which game will be broadcast each week, or further information -visit http://www.raa.com.au/SANFL
How does that work if you are Crows members. Do you get a refund? ;)
by johntheclaret
Fri May 23, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - North v Port @ Prospect Oval (Sat 24/5)

I don't think it matters what side we line up with. North aren't playing with any passion. We are undisciplined and our teamwork and skills have turned to shit.

This season is shot and hopes of another GF appearance have turned into fears of a Spoon.

I'm predicting that Port will steamroller North by more than 100 points on Sat. Hope I'm wrong but even if North win it would simply be papering over the cracks.
by johntheclaret
Fri May 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

I took the decision to sign up as a member and continue with my sponsorship, but I won't be going to any games this year ;)

I would say my interest has definitely waned this year. North are playing Port this week end, traditionally my favourite game of the season. But this year I won't be bothering to get up for it. a) because they aren't the real Port anymore and b) because it isn't a fair contest and I have no desire to listen to North getting pummeled by a team with such an unfair advantage.

It is hard though as I really do care about North and the SANFL. So far this season I have sort of blocked out the fact that the ressies are in, in the hope that things might just work out. But as the rounds roll on it is getting harder to maintain whatever interest I have left. Port destroying everyone in sight is just accelerating that loss of interest. It's not sour grapes, it's just unfair.

The sad fact is that the damage has already been done and many stay away fans will be lost to the SANFL forever. Personally, if they get this mess sorted out, my interest and passion for North and the SANFL would soon be fully restored.

If they don't sort this mess out soon, the I doubt I will continue as a member and sponsor in the future.
by johntheclaret
Fri May 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE Scores - Round 8

Heath and Renouf. The heart bleeds.
Come on North do the comp a favour and take out another few players. tosser. To wish injury to any player describes the type of person you must be.
Im sure most other SANFL followers feel the same.
If thats what it takes to bring these interlopers back to the field than im all for it, the league hasnt got the balls to do anything about it so its our only chance.
Think you should just speak for yourself on that one champ :roll:
by johntheclaret
Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE Scores - Round 8

sjt wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:
sjt wrote:Blame your club not the players. I hope they dominate and all their extra rehab funding minimises injuries.

My club voted NO
Dont want to see injuries at the genuine clubs but stuff the AFL clubs

Whoops

Confusing isn't it. Username Red Rocket being a doggie :?
by johntheclaret
Sat May 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - North v Port - Post game

The free kick count would suggest North were up for it today. Didn't listen on line as I was expecting a drubbing and couldn't bear to listen to it. Watched the SANFL app tick over and was surprised that North managed to stay with Port for so long.

Port were down to 1 on the bench fairly early and was wasteful in front of goal which made the scoreline more respectable than it might have been.
by johntheclaret
Sat May 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - South v Crows Reserves - Post match

South v Adelaide post match thread has been taken over by bickering Redlegs eating their own. Take it elsewhere fella's
by johntheclaret
Sun May 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Norwood supporter's eat your own thread

Sorry to disappoint but it's sorted via the message system.
He has his views, I have mine.
He sees the future being worse than I think it will be. I reckon we both want my vision.
But we're both financial members and just want Norwood Premiership after Norwood Premiership.
Time will tell.
I just found calling Joe a c*** too disrespectful.
And I'm no angel, I've shot my mouth off plenty!!
I like the private message system. You can have a chat without making it public ;)

Now can you please fire up again so this valuable topic isn't wasted.
by johntheclaret
Mon May 26, 2014 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Um the VFL are hosting it so it should be broadcast on their partner station. I would expect channel 7 should be doing the same if we hosted it....

Um, FYI (back in the day when SANFL was King) although the Commercial Stations had the coverage, they used ABC Cameras anyway. Grand Finals for example had the images from the ABC but Commentary & Graphics from the Commercial Operator.

Can't see how that arrangement couldn't be repeated in this instance.

BTW JTC, Paranoia has nothing to do with it - the reality is that Channel 7 only came on board due to the Reserves Teams being added, that's fact.
I know mate. There was some smilies there. It was tongue in cheek
by johntheclaret
Mon May 26, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Viable Alternatives

North just lost Chad O'Sullivan to the ammo's midway through the season.
AFL destroying the comp from one side and threatening to go to the ammo's if they don't get their own way, etc and Ammo clubs eating away at our player base from the other side

So what alternatives are the SANFL left with. Even assuming they kick the AFL Ressies out, a lot of irreparable damage had already been done and I don't think that simply kicking out the AFL Reseies and returning to an (8) club comp and hoping things go back to "normal" is the answer.

I would suggest instead of fighting the ammo's for players and attendances why couldn't the SANFL embrace the ammo's and have a two or even three tier comp where winners in each tier win promotion to the next tier and the bottom teams are relegated to tier below, just as they do in soccer. Even have play offs say between the top 3 of division 2 and the bottom side of division 1 with the winner moving up to / staying in division 1.

After removing the AFL Reserves from the SANFL I would;
1) Invite the top two Ammo sides into the league to maintain the 10 team comp SANFL League 1 or premier league.
2) increase the comp to 27 rounds with each team playing each other home / away and a neutral ground (perhaps AO)
3) Invite the next 10 best ammo's to form SANFL League 2. ( an alternative could be a third league of 10, with both the 2nd & 3rd divisions being grouped by geographical location. Say League 2 North and League 2 South) .
4) Top 5 in D1 play off in finals just as they do now.
5) Bottom club of each Division to play off against the top 3 sides of the division below for a place In the top division. 10th D1 v 3rd D2 & 1st D2 v 2nd D2, with the top sides using home advantage. The play off final to be the curtain raiser for the GF at AO.
6) A round robin play off between the winners of each ammo league and the bottom side in D2 for a place in D2.
7) The ammo sides joining the league would have to play by the same rules as the current SANFL clubs including the salary cap (whatever level that might be in the future), same recruiting rules and administration rules.

The advantages I could see would be:
1) The SANFL wouldn't keep losing players to the ammo's like O'Sullivan, for more coin.
2) Increased interest in the league overall by drawing in fans either lost to the SANFL or fans that have only ever followed an amature club and not the SANFL.
3) Maximising / maintaining public interest by holding play off finals for D2 and introducing real consequences to finishing bottom other than a wooden spoon in D1
4) Dilute the effects the AFL draft has on the current 8 SANFL clubs all be it only marginally.

I don't care if the overall standard of the SANFL drops, (although I'm not sure it would), as someone has already posted, because at least it would be an independent league again.
I'm not bothered that some ammo ovals aren't up to SANFL standard, there are plenty of ovals that are that can be used.
I'm not bothered about attendances as some of the top ammo games get nearly the same attendances as some of the SANFL games these days and I'm not bothered about the financial implications as some ammo clubs are as cashed up as some SANFL clubs.

I'm not bothered that the bottom club in D1 could be relegated to D2 even if it was one of the original 8. If it isn't competitive in the top flight then it deserves to go down and fight to get back in next year.

Just a thought.
by johntheclaret
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - Port v Central (Alberton) - Sun 8/6

Well here we are again playing another AFL side i will be enjoying another BYE this week.

This is probably the first time in forty years that i have not been to Alberton and you will not see me again until the real Magpies return !

So whats the consensus Doggy fans how many of you will head out to watch your team get smashed by the interloping AFL parasites ?????
No chance, not interested in a farce.

Do you support Centrals or only when our opposition suits you?

Or are you just sulking because SANFL made a decision you don't like?
None. He is exercising his right to do as he feels fit. It's called democracy
by johntheclaret
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no way you could do up the rah... New hospital is the only option and I personally should be against a new one
Whilst I agree its an option building it in the worst possible spot is stupid. I'd have a much better chance of surviving where it curently is and as the crow flies its further away from the new one!
Retarded. Don't blame me, I didn't vote for it.
I blame you. You voted for it
by johntheclaret
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Bahahahaha you guys are just too easy!!!!!!!!!
are you saying it is too easy to get a reaction from a number of SAFooty posters who are clearly emotionally affected by what has happened to the league they

Of course I am, you blokes are pathetic.
Nice one.
What I find pathetic is trolls who post just to get a reaction. Maybe take a look at yourself on that one.
by johntheclaret
Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

Put some more Liverpool spuds in the side Woy you faarkwit!
huh, three of the spuds you speak of were 3 of the best out there... take your Man Utd blinkers off ...

was a superb effort by a young inexperienced team...
Nothing to do with United blinkers as I think Welbeck is a hack aswell. 3 of those Liverpool players are great players but Henderson is a joke and got monstered all game, Johnson is also a terrible defender.
Was a good game overall but Italy were always in control, once that second goal went in they were never to going to lose
What's load of crap, Italy are in control all night my arse.
On the pop when you watched it were you. England were terrific last night considering the inexperience of the squad.
by johntheclaret
Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Port v Eagles- Post game

No, there was a Port Adelaide Football club playing as the Magpies, just as there is in 2014. *yawns*
Let's try again *sigh*
The Port Adelaide Football Club running around the AFL is known as the Port Adelaide Power.
The Port Adelaide, formerly known as the Port Adelaide Magpies, that was running around in the SANFL until last year no longer exists.
The team currently running around in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide Power Reserves.
They are the Port Adelaide Power Reserves because the majority of their players are listed with the AFL club the Port Adelaide Power.
These players are not quite good enough or are in the process of rehabilitation and therefore must play for the Port Adelaide Power 2nd string. Also known as a Reserve side, which is a common term known throughout many sports.
Except of course to a few deluded people that stubbornly refuse to accept that their beloved Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

Port Adelaide Power can try to badge their reserve team however they like but the fact of the matter is that the independent SANFL club known as the Port Adelaide Magpies no longer exists.

The sooner you guys can accept that fact the sooner we can all move on and focus our despise on the Port Adelaide Power Reserves. And remember, it isn't our fault that the AFL club Port Adelaide Power decided they didn't want to retain an independent SANFL side and opted to get rid of the Port Adelaide Magpies in favour of their own Port Adelaide Power Reserve side.

If anything, if I was a Port Adelaide Magpies fan, I'd be as pissed off as all the other SANFL fans at what has happened by allowing Reserve teams into our league.

Alternatively you can always deny, deny, deny
by johntheclaret
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unfortunately panic buttons should have been pressed last October before the SANFL sold out.
by johntheclaret
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium (Sun 22/6)

drifter wrote:So everyone thinking that Port would be unbeatable, perhaps might have to rethink that. Things we're always going to even up a little once they got some injuries.

Try telling that to the teams that were smashed a few weeks ago
by johntheclaret
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Eagles v Sturt @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 22

ORDoubleblues.. I was standing about 50m away so I cant give you an exact dialogue on what went on, but I will say that 2 weslo and 4 police officers was certainly over kill.. They spoke for about 10 minutes, fairly calmly, then 2 older blokes were evicted, and the police bloke was casually chatting to them on the way out about the footy and how Sturt were going this year so they were obviously co-operative.. Of what I could hear coming from the Sturt cheer squad, these blokes looked the least threatening of everyone present, but someone must have reported something for Weslo and Police to get involved, although im not sure who because between where we were standing and where they were, there was only a handful of people
One was overheard saying to the other that is was good now the reserves are in our league. The police got involved as he was obviously under the influence of Class A drugs and Alcohol.
by johntheclaret
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Norwood v Central District - Post Game

Heard Jenner's name a lot too. He was either busy, or it was someone else.

About what I expected Friday night. Norwood are starting to look good and we are a very inexperienced and inconsistent team.

If any radio commentary teams want me for special comments, I'm happy to oblige ;)
There's a spot going on Life FM

It's on the show immediately after the footy. Next week they are discussing umarried mothers ;)
by johntheclaret
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Well said Mickan and West Adelaide! More proof that the sook threads on here represent a parallel universe.
Honestly Matt.
Are you a wind up or are you actually serious.
Surely you can see that crowds are suffering. It isn't rocket science, just look at the matchday attendances.

Of course if you are just a wind up merchant posting to get a reaction then well done. However what is the motive and what is the point as most logical posters can actually see through the bullshit.

I'm not making a judgement. Who am I to do that but if you are playing on genuine SANFL fans whose emotions are running high when it comes to their league just to get a laugh, then good luck to ya. Enjoy the moment
by johntheclaret
Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peel president John Ditchburn said it was a "one-off"...

So that makes it OK? (Assuming it is merely a one-off)

and that the Thunder made their decision in consultation with Fremantle.

If anything, that sort of collusion with the AFL cancers makes the whole thing worse.

He said only clubs in finals contention - who stood to lose from Subiaco's win - had voiced their disapproval.

No shit - seriously, how selfish are clubs like that who put their self-interest in making the finals ahead of the AFL clubs' interests? :roll: How many clubs aren't in finals contention in late June anyway? Just Peel?

Subiaco president Mark Lawrence said he had no issue with Peel starting the match two players short.

Oh well lardy ****ing dah, how gracious of him.

what team wouldn't have an issue with the opposition starting two players short???

I hope the Eagles rock up 2 players short on sunday, just to give us a chance for 5 mins
Eagles would have to turn up with half a team for your mob to have a chance :D ;)
by johntheclaret
Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 LIVE scores

Final score for anybody who cares:

Glg 8.10
WWT 15.11

Wundke 5, McGregor 3.

Twice as many at the Bay today as there was at Noarlunga so I'd suggest plenty of people who cared

Was referring to the fact that nobody on the forum today had any interest in this game it seemed, due to the lack of score updates/discussion.

Anyway, play on..
To be fair, they have been playing for 8 days and it was still 0 - 0

I've never known a game so even for so long yet over do quickly at the same time
by johntheclaret
Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Socceroos Rating WC2014

How can you give a team 6/10 when they never got single point
On that basis England would be at least 7 or 8 out of 10 :shock: And we were the expected flops.
by johntheclaret
Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - Port v North @ Alberton Oval (Sat 12/7)

Rising Power wrote:Port 1-39.

That's some pretty inaccurate kicking
by johntheclaret
Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Average and median crowd figures to Round 8

Agreed the cold weather is having an effect, it always does.

Initially I didn't like having almost back to back split rounds as it really slows up the season.

And all because of the Foxtel Cup which needs a lot of work to be a decent competition.

But it does mean that clubs only play 3 SANFL league games over 5 of the coldest weekends of the year (late June to end of July).

re gate takings, ticketed crows members get in for free, not the case for Port

Eagles had a huge gate (for us anyway) when 4,300 turned up for Easter Monday match.

I know this aint going to happen, but I don't see why next year it can go back to 20 matches; assuming the AFL sides are there:

The AFL sides play each other 4 times, the 8 SANFL clubs twice
The SANFL sides play six other clubs twice and two clubs three times, with those clubs decided on end of season rankings for this year. Each club plays one of the top 4 SANFL clubs and one of the lowest 4 that third time. 18 seems too short to me, and I would have thought the AFL clubs would like to see their excess players get game time instead of twiddling their thumbs.

How about 1 home, 1 away & 1 neutral ( maybe double headers at AO or Friday night)
No split rounds, no byes.
by johntheclaret
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

From a selfish crows point of view you can manage them much better.

Johnston, lynch to name toe were almost always played out of position at their sanfl clubs. Probably some others too.

It is all about continuity of training and also the playing conditions

Whether that is worth the impost on the sanfl I'm sure a lot of you would say no but for the afl clubs there are clear benefits
I can 100% see the benefits to both AFL clubs having their own contracted players playing for them and developing those players how the they best see fit.
I don't think many others would have an issue with this either and it must be better for the SANFL clubs not having AFL players dropping in and out of their squad.

Having those AFL reserve teams playing in the SANFL is the issue.
by johntheclaret
Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Anyway. I believe Grants version

No one says "I'm gonna bash you" anymore, especially from the SCS
by johntheclaret
Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

Booney wrote: The whole AFC set up in the SANFL is a farce.The system they are working under is shit.

Agreed
But it's no more of a farce than the Port set up
by johntheclaret
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 live scores and waffle

Jim05 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
scott wrote:Q3 23m
North 5.7 (37)
Norwood 13.8 (86)

Q2 25m
Sturt 4.4 (28)
Centrals 4.4 (28)

Q2 22m
Eagles 5.3 (33)
Adelaide 5.4 (34)

Go Legs, Doggies and Ravens.

regards,

REB

Yes!!
Cant believe im barracking for the Ravens though

Sluts
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Not to mention Crows fans walk in the gates for free, I suspect some once a year SANFL fans are using their Crows membership to get in free to see their old SANFL club play
Just imagine what a resounding success it would be if they just let everyone in for free.
Crowd numbers would even better which would prove letting ressies in the comp was a good idea
by johntheclaret
Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yet still way more people went there than the "traditional games"

Further proof traditional SANFL fans have walked away from the comp.

Thanks AFL clubs/fans.

You should be very proud of yourselves
Yep. Very proud of the 0.2% of their members who rock up and get in for free.
Still they are the best "supported" club in the SANFL apparently so thank **** for that
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Championship Discussion: 2014/15

I forgot the lower leagues started this week :D
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Norwood v West @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 9/8)

Don't be so smug.

Every team has it's good time and bad times

"Disappointed we didn't win by 100 points" just makes you sound like you're up your own arse. Take the win and be gracious.
by johntheclaret
Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 Eagles v South @ Maughan Theim Hyundai Oval 9/8/14

A great win for the club against "The combine".. I thought we showed some real grit getting over the line today against some good opposition and some of the most lame, inept, incompetent and deplorable umpiring Ive seen in 50 years watching the sanfl.

We were in control at halftime but the weagles managed to claw themselves back into the game particularly in the last quarter but our resolve and desire got us over the line in the end. All played well but, I thought Crabb, Fields and Thewlis were fantastic in the back half along with Rose, Liddle , Veide.and Cross.

Thanks very much to WWT for keeping Ainger in for one last try... probably in the faint hope that he would show some backbone against the club he betrayed... despite the fact he managed 1 goal..he was a great asset for us, kicking the ball directly to former team mates regularly.

Wundke, a former Ken Farmer medalist was soundly thrashed by perennial Panther favourite Brad Crabb, who has stayed with the club through some of its darkest times, (on a modest salary Id assume..) and is now enjoying some modicom of success. Boyd of course was his usual busy self, racking up meaningless possession after meaningless possession, few of them earnt . I do note that his direct opponent for most of the day , Darth Veide, managed to get forward a few times and kick a couple of goals, which in the context of the game was important.

bring on the Bloods , Go Panthers! :evil:

Ainger betrayed you :shock: You sir are a dickhead. He was not from the South Adelaide zone

You recruited him and he gave you great service and then left your club for a multitude of reasons. Supporters like you was probably one of those reasons.

If you worked for a shit company and another company offered you twice as much money, was 30 minutes closer to your home and offered you an opportunity for success and career advancement would you consider changing employers???

Well looking at the current table 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
And do you find it necessary to reply with personal abuse because someone's opinion doesn't match yours. Is that a personality trait you show throughout your life or just whilst you are behind a keyboard.

Mods used to remove posts with personal abuse maybe the rules on here have changed?
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL scheduling - First week of finals announced

whingers trying to make a deal out of everything?
You are a strange one Benny

You answer Cutterman's post by calling whoever, but presumably those complaining about the finals clash, whingers then "like" Aerie's reply to it. :?

Because aerie came up with a good reason why that was the case.
Ah, so they're not "whingers trying to make a deal out of everything" afterall
by johntheclaret
Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg 2014

how's that mini league coach working out Didja? :twisted:

About as well as your B grade coach

You don't think Jarrad Wright has the two's going well enough? their top 3!
But if you mean little stubborn Michael G, well not a year goes by when the GayBays don't try an talk him into coming back to the Mardi Graham C.
It's "they're" top 3
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

bennymacca wrote:Saw Ali bowl a bit against Sri Lanka. Looked ok but nothing too threatening. Maybe a bit like maxwell or something. Something must have changed

Yeah, the opposition ;)
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.crowbegone.com/

Will your Crow be Gone CD work on Australian crows or is it just for a particular breed or location?
Our Crow be Gone CD has been extremely successful around the world with American Crows, Australian Crows, Australian Ravens, Carrion Crows, Fish Crows, Hooded Crows, Little Crows, Ravens, Little Ravens, Rooks, Jackdaws and Magpies .
by johntheclaret
Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep there is now so much more luck involved in sorting out the SANFL ladder.
If you can 'catch' the AFL reserves side on certain weekends due to their injury list, upcoming AFL fixtures, AFL current ladder postition etc etc you can almost get a 3-4 advantage on other sides.

I kept some basic stats on the make-up of the Reserves sides (these numbers disregard the ‘showdown’ games, and Callinan was not considered a top-up player). They more or less point out the obvious, although admittedly it’s only a small sample of results:

With the Ravens, they were 6-4 when they fielded between 2 and 4 top-ups, and 1-5 when they fielded 5 or more.

With the Power, they were 8-2 when they fielded 5 or 6 top ups, and 2-4 when they fielded 7 or more.

The highest number of tops up per club were 9 for the Ravens (loss v WA) and 12 for the Power (loss v SA).

:-B :-B
I guess this is why in Pseudo's "Pure SANFL Table" the Panthers finished top but in the bastardised table they finished 4th.
This is one of the reasons the comp is so badly compromised now. Any argument that all SANFL clubs have injuries isn't relevant, mainly because it is injuries or decisions made by Clubs in another competition that are affecting the outcome of games played in the SANFL.

Again any argument that this has been happening since 1991 with AFL players being called up by their parent AFL club is only valid to a point in that it only concerned one or two players from any club.

The problem is, no matter what restrictions the SANFL apply to "top up" players, it won't solve the issue of how many AFL players play for their reserve club from week to week. After all it is the quality (or maybe the inequality) of those AFL players in both skills and fitness, and their desire to get called up to the 1st team, that affects the results so widely.

I hope that the powers that be, (no pun intended Booney), take a realistic view on all the core reasons for admitting the Reserve teams in the first place and actually analyse the results.
Were the conditions met concerning increased revenue, increased attendance, (particularly the promise of greater numbers of Crows fans attending), increased media coverage and promotion, increased sponsorship revenue and so on.
They also need to consider the long term effects on the the league. For example It is pointless to claim an increase in attendance by whatever nominal amount and not take into consideration key aspects such as the novelty affect, the return of the ANZAC game at Adelaide Oval, Walkers Return game etc. It's no point arguing that these shouldn't be discounted because they are part of the overall count. They were exceptional events for exceptional reasons which will not happen again next year,

More tinkering with Numbers and Top Ups, and so forth is more likely to make the situation worse and further compromise the competition particularly if they start to involve amateur clubs as well.
Excluding them from finals, no premiership points in games against them, etc is as unworkable as the current situation in my opinion and would further degrade the competition.

I don't know what the answer is although removing them from the league altogether should be as much a consideration as any other option.
by johntheclaret
Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The point I am making is that you can't just not include the larger crowds for the crows and port games and say crowds are down, yet simultaneously argue that no crows supporters went to those games anyway.

Once again john to say that 6000 at Clare or whatever it was had less benefit to the sanfl than 1500 at South Adelaide is just pure silliness.

I do agree that there is possibly a novelty factor in play as well, but you guys are trying to pull anything out of the hat to justify your argument, when the reality, on at least crowd numbers, for this season, seems to be different.
Agreed. I'm not suggesting they are ignored. I'm suggesting that they should be discounted to reflect a realistic figure. What was Glenelg's average attendance without the Walker game and what was their attendance the 2nd time they played Adelaicde. This average is a truer reflection, not a one off event that distorts the overall figure.

Pro reservists like yourself seem happy to ignore these exceptional events and the distortion of the total count to support your argument that the inclusion of the reserves has been a success when a closer look at the stats might show a different picture.

A country game between Port and Crows is going to benefit the SANFL how?
Any new fans recruited are surely to support either of the two AFL clubs. You could go as far as saying that the SANFL might even lose out if example a young Sturt fan is converted to follow Adelaide Crows after going to the Clare game.
by johntheclaret
Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unfortunately I can see some sad times ahead for the SANFL, Gilligan again stated yesterday that he is keen to look at a midseason draft by 2016, the AFL clubs could possibly raid the state leagues for talent and we have the scenerio where a team near the top of the SANFL ladder midseason suddenly loses players to the AFL, what a joke.
Even worse would be if the Crows or Port pick them up and we have a situation where the player plays against his old club in the same season

Don't be selfish. If this gets more players into the afl, the ultimate goal of almost every young player playing in the sanfl, this is pretty obviously a good thing for those players. Clubs cannot be selfish and they need to realise that they are not the final desired destination for most players

This isn't the 80s anymore where they were just poaching players. The sanfl is a stepping stone, whether you like it or not.
Oh Benny. You little troll you
by johntheclaret
Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

Bully wrote:warnock has returned as palace manager

Neil Warnock is an anagram for Colin Wanker
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah fair enough guys, didn't realise it was that much different to a standard afl game re ticketing
There are a lot of things you don't seem to realise are different between the AFL and the SANFL Benny ;)

Yep, I obviously assumed they were more competent than they were.
Well there's your mistake right there :D
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL final

This is where the whole system is wrong. Once you have played a set number of AFL games you should be unable to play SANFL finals then you dont have all this crap to work out

Crap :shock: Your club voted for this. :lol:
His club voted for it, doesn't mean he agrees with it or that he had any say in which way his club voted.

This "your club voted for it" is just a load crap
by johntheclaret
Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores

Unlucky South. Was always going to be tough against a team full of AFL players.
Amazingly won all the stats hands down, except the one the counts.

Still, most Panthers can be proud of the effort this year. I don't think anyone expected such an improvement.
South were carrying a lot of SANFL hearts today. Not sure the same will be said of Norwood next week.

Either there will be a a new name on the TSH Cup or Norwood will get their reward for their backflip vote.
Personally I don't give a shit who wins it. Now South are gone, so is my interest.
by johntheclaret
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |