Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: 2016 gradings

How could you play for a Club that promotes mediocrity. The thrill of being promoted is nearly as good as playing in a GF. And good players always like to try themselves against better opposition. Any player worth his salt wants to play to his optimum level. If the Club doesn't, I wouldn't want to play there.
Or they could promise bucket loads of cash for prospective players to get them out there and not pay them causing a mass exodus and 70 goal beltings for a season to go back down to div 4 and be further away from square one.
I believe that they can only exercise their right to do so once and their committee must see it more financially viable to continue to build their squad before attempting to take the next step.

Not sure what money has to do with it, they finished second, were the best drilled side in the division and their B Grade were undefeated.

All i can say is it is Pathetic from Salisbury not to go up. A grade were runners up by 2 points and B Grade went through undefeated. B Grade finished top of the ladder by that far they had points taken from them due to the U18 issue and were still clear on top. Stinks of Big Fish in A small Pond really.

Note: Why is it that northern clubs seem to have this issue a lot?
Brahma Lodge played in the DIV 3 GF 2013 went down to div 4 2014 and didn't win a game
Salisbury West Played in the Div 4 GF 2014 went down to Div 7 2015 won 5 games
Kilburn Asked to drop down extra divisions in 2015 but were refused by the league and had to come up with a playing list to field teams which they did successfully
And now Salisbury Play in Div 4 GF 2015 lose by 2 points and want to stay in div 4 2016

I don't get it! as a club you know the rules when you play in the amateur league so why should you bend them at all. There are clubs in the system who have gone up 2 or 3 divisions without winning a flag at all. There should need to be exceptional circumstances for any club note to promote or relegate as per the system. What happens if Salisbury go on and play in and even win the GF in Div 4 2016.

If you play in the GF you go up. If you finish in the bottom 2 you go down. Manage your club accordingly!

Salisbury = Pathetic
by number2
Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Kangarilla started yet? They might need to after only winning 3 games last year.
Is Baldock bringing any big recruits besides yourself Wonder_kid
by number2
Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Johnstone Park in Murray Bridge is a monster too. Very, very wide!

Been to Johnstone Park and yes thats big. Watched Ramblers v Imperials 3 or 4 years ago at Johnstone Park
Played in the North East FL for Blyth/Snowtown, Riverland FL for Barmera, Spencer Gulf FL for Central Augusta, Barossa FL for Tanunda and a stint in the Mid West FL at Tumby Bay after finishing in the city
Snowtown in the North East FL and Willaston in Barossa FL are the biggest country grounds I've played on.
St Clair is the biggest in the city I've played on other than at Elizabeth.

After playing at Footy Park, Alberton and St Marys they are all roughly the same size IMO. Out of the other ovals I've played on Thebarton
is a real good size. The one that everyone forgets is Woodville Oval. Thats very long and perhaps the longest of all the ovals but not wide

Hey Ditchy maybe you should start a thread where you can tell everyone about your career and how you measured all the ovals you played on before the game!
by number2
Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

The Noarlunga football club committee have met and decided not to nominate our seniors football sides in this 2020 season.
This has not been an easy decision and most certainly has not been made lightly. This decision has been made with the best interests for the health, safety and welfare of our volunteers, members, supporters, players and sponsors in addition to acknowledging the increased ongoing workload and strain on our volunteers, which would be required to ensure that Covid-19 restrictions are adhered to.

We understand that players, supporters and parents may be saddened by this outcome but this decision was made with a view of ensuring what was the best for our club and wider community and in addition to ensuring appropriate support for our older volunteers, without whom our club simply would not exist.

We remain committed to our junior development and will be looking to run our junior and mini sides in The 2020 season.

As a club we remain strong and look forward to your ongoing support during this unprecedented times .

Mark Anderson NFC PRESIDENT
CLUB COVID-19 SAFETY OFFICER

"Health safety and welfare of the junior programme not an issue then? Just the senior side of the club is affected!

This Coronavirus is amazing how it is selective of where and when it can affect people.
by number2
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |