Search found 89 matches

Return

Re: River Murray Football League talk

biffboy wrote:
cracka wrote:
Protector wrote:James Moore appointed coach at Onkas in HFL

Some comments about him not flattering. Is there baggage that we don't know about.

Not really, just not a very good coach

Did win a premiership last yr lads...
by Bandit
Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

Didnt see freo/swans but kennedy, hanneberry, mundy & neale all over 40 possessions - must have just shook hands at the start and went their own way in the midfield!
by Bandit
Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Discussion of the penultimate

Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:Wow Sicily has a seriously punchable head!

I often agree with you Carey and yes this is another occasion.

This topic comes up most weeks i reckon - he's definetely one of those players
by Bandit
Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:This Cowan kid goes alright

You are kidding.

He will be dropped

Not before struggles.
by Bandit
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Motlop needed more awareness and just get it out of bounds....not the go for glory

On more than 1 occasion in the last 2 mins
by Bandit
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawkins huge. Selwood even bigger.

Hate hawks but they deserve the 2nd chance and you gotta feel for smith (although looks like some of us on here dont!!!)
by Bandit
Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

MW wrote:Surely club runs out of patience with Motlop and shops him in the off season

Bloody hope so
by Bandit
Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Wonder if wade will bring himself up the order and bat before maxwell?
by Bandit
Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

Watching port v saints is like watching my b grade games... shit skills, shit umpiring and shit all people there.
Only hope is that its close in last qtr.
by Bandit
Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bruce
'Wells is a rolls royce'
Please

Broken down a lot for a rolls royce! Pretty handy today tho
by Bandit
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Surely Tex gets 2 weeks for that high contact

Lucky it wasnt on fapley or he'd still be down
by Bandit
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dixon cops a lot but jeez he's kept them in this. Was the only one giving a shit and luckilly a few others have now followed him.
by Bandit
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

MW wrote:Yet you're about to lose one of your quickest players

Quickest in one direction, slowest in the other
by Bandit
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

MW wrote:
Bandit wrote:
MW wrote:Yet you're about to lose one of your quickest players

Quickest in one direction, slowest in the other

Single handedly kept you in the finals race

Agreed, it was about time he did something and hopefully another club falls into the trap and gives the cats something decent in return.
by Bandit
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Good old Chicken Chef -
Many a weekend in the bach pad days involved the half-chicken/chips/salad pack before heading out on the town... and then scoffing the leftovers the next morning. Those chips were so good you could eat them cold.
by Bandit
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

Yeah, but that's about the AFL's ego.
If there were less players around the ball to compete for the ball after the tap, wouldn't there be more risk having a third man up?

Keep the rule but no need to nominate... blind freddy can see if two people from the same team go up. Just pay a free kick if that happens. This also removes the joke of a situation where only one ruckman contests.
by Bandit
Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7 - Bring your own hu$h money.... for the hone

Im happy with the Hartung goal decision. If its not totally obvious in the 30 secs or so prior to the next bounce then no need to hold up the game further with reviews.
This sort of thing has been in the game forever and getting a fingernail to it didn't impact the balls destination.
Im all for fixing the "howlers" but just let the game continue for such insignificant cases.
Whats next, reviews in pack marks where the defender might have touched the ball first...
by Bandit
Mon May 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:AFL Fans survey ( takes about 5 minutes ).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-24/t ... fan-survey

Question 7 was interesting.

Q19 is ridiculous!
by Bandit
Thu May 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unlucky for some - Round 13

Corona Man wrote:
carey wrote:Rory Atkins lol love watching this spud play.

I think he is carrying an injury to be fair.. a nasty case of thrush.

Whats thrush? Where you feel threatened by footsteps and rush?
by Bandit
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16 - Don’t have a Barry!

daysofourlives wrote:Tell ya what Taylor is cooked. Needs to go back or he's not getting picked. He can cover his lack of pace in the backline with smarts but absolute liability in the forward line

Alir Alir is making Harry Taylor look shit shit.
by Bandit
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:GREATEST DEFENDER OF ALLLLLLLL TIIIIIIMMMMEEEE

Greatest loose man in defence perhaps... make him man up and Jackson Trengrove can make him look silly (oh wait that happened last year didnt it)
by Bandit
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:Geez i look forward to touching up Richmond in the GF

And im looking forward to touching up the mrs after the game... unfortunately i dont think either will be happening.
by Bandit
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 - The Players take over, not Carlton but.

Major traffic delays in the city thismorning as concrete laid for the tram extension has been ruined. Apparently Menzel walked through it wearing his footy boots on the way to the game...
by Bandit
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 - Shit’s gettin’ real.

Every time i get angry after a shit performance by geelong i watch port and realise being a cats fan is pretty good
by Bandit
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 - Shit’s gettin’ real.

Marley Willams just shit his pants

Softest thing I’ve ever seen at AFL level

He’s the worst player on the ground if not the comp!

I saw this on tv tonight for the first time, wow. That is an absolute disgrace, the ball is rolling at his feet and he's to busy faking he copped one in the ribs. All that after jumping clear of any potential body contact.

If North pick him again i would be surprised, surely B.Scott would have lit him up after the game.
by Bandit
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

Here i am screaming at the tv for sheed to snap it and he just goes back and dobs it. What a kick!
by Bandit
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

Biggest choke of the day came from Jack Darling dropping a mark right near goal in the last quarter, I thought WC would lose after that. WC were lucky in the end as they missed alot of easy shots leaving the door open for Collingwood to steal it but the Pies run and carry wasn't as prominent after quarter time, my god Collingwood looked the goods early. WC just continued to chip away and were never out of it in the second and third quarters before gainng the ascendancy part way through the last.
If WCE lost after Darling dropped that mark he would have been wise to never return to WA! Even Simpson admitted he lost his shit in the box when it happened.
by Bandit
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Really more of a #transitclub for players going from their junior club to their AFL club of choice.

Impey >
Trengove >
Young >
Achee >
Austin >
Lobbe >

Pittard >
Polec >
Amon >
Wingard >
Hombsch >

Are you really going to count every player that's left the club or just the ones who you wanted to keep but left anyway?

Ie - Impey, Polec and Wingard.

Trengove, Young, Ah Chee, Austin, Lobbe, Pittard, Hombsch*, Amon*, all knew they weren't going to be playing AFL football at Port.

Its a footy forum, he's gonna count the ones that suit his argument, derrr :lol:
by Bandit
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

What was going through Heads head. Flashing at everything once the new ball was taken. Cummins immediately looked more comfortable. Just stupid by Head to bat that way at this point in the game.
by Bandit
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cars

Hey MilkyBarKid are you aware of the updated club rego scheme? I wont put details here but the smasa site is a good point of info.
Im so happy to now have a couple of cars rego'd on club rego rather than collecting dust in my shed. $90 for 90 days per year.

I think so, I have my MR334, going in Wednesday for the VIN check & then the log book, hopefully it’s happy days after that. My old man is in the SCCSA, so he helped me out there.
The new rego is heaps better, what are you running?
Yeah the new rego scheme is awesome as both my cars (79 Transam and an old landcruiser troopy) are modified so i could never get the old "historic rego". Used to rego them and get a couple of drives in a 3 month period for ~$200. Big thanks to the people who pushed for it thats for sure!
by Bandit
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Ladder Predictions

West Coast
Richmond
Melbourne
Essendon
Adelaide
Collingwood
Geelong
Port Adelaide

Greater Western Sydney
Sydney
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Brisbane
North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast
Carlton
St Kilda

==========

Big Balls call - Sam Powell-Pepper top 10 Brownlow & Port B&F
by Bandit
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

Saw some news about Jones bump on Riewoldt deserving a week! What a joke. Is the AFL expecting Jones to just follow him around all game and be happy they are losing while Riewoldt is taking hangers? Its a mans game and you need to be able to exert some physical presence now and then. Didnt get him high so play on in my book.
by Bandit
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

amber_fluid wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Is Moore taking the piss with that hairdo or is he serious?

I thought that was Keira Knightly was in the back 6 for the pies.

I’d go up to him and rip the headband thingy off him and throw it in the crowd.

And he would slap you :lol:
by Bandit
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5. The footy Marathon begins.

Champs always get boo'd . Unfortunate part of the game. At least cats fans were onto it and cheering by the end.

Bigots, you mean?
He's a champion AFL player. Everyone is entitled to their personal religious views just as everyone is entitled to their sexual preference.
<insert semi pro ELE gif here>
by Bandit
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

Happy with that win for sure, good players in good form and with wins on the board the luxury of resting/rotating will hopefully keep the team fresh later in the season. Big game vs Ess this coming week depending on what bombers team rocks up. Only thing to work on is the 8.13 they kicked after 1/4 time.
by Bandit
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 7 prattle

Even glances his foot it’s considered a kick

Well, it shouldn't be. ( See Hoskin-Elliott handball late in Anzac Day game ).

So a kick has to go a specified distance?

Great, just add that to the grey-ness of the rules already and make it harder for the umpires to umpire!
Side track - but the not 15 rule is officiated as a joke surely. So many 8-10m kicks paid as marks. You want to clear congestion, start paying this rule!
by Bandit
Mon May 06, 2019 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 7 prattle

^ worse than the flick pass is the way the overhead handball has crept into the game as acceptable. Most of the time the clenched fist is doing about 1% of the actual balls momentum. Its basically a throw with a token brush of the hand.
by Bandit
Mon May 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Pretty pumped for MetallicA later in the year so been listening to a lot in the car lately... bringing back the memories of fanging my VL down the freeway every wkend for footy with about 8 CD's to flip between on the passenger seat :rock:
by Bandit
Fri May 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13 - Good luck tipsters!

My mouth guard lived in my bag, infact 2 years after stopping playing its probably still in there today. Round 1 each year was a but dicey to open up the box and see what condition it was in after summer! Bit of a rinse and good to go haha!
by Bandit
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Rik E Boy wrote:Hope Gibbs doesn't play against Geelong. He used to kill us when he played for Carlton.

regards,

REB

I can only remember two carlton/geelong games. 95 gf listening on the radio while camping :evil: and the game where peter riccardi kicked the goal after the siren at telstra dome :D
by Bandit
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14 - Winter Solstice round

Is it just me or are the rules on booing as confusing as the holding the ball rule these days :lol:
by Bandit
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Dirty port snipers

Lol
Clean as, best hit of the season so far
Amon off the ball

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nothing high - good hits, you are allowed to show some aggression. Players need to be more aware.
by Bandit
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another post bye loss, can we scrap that pre-finals bye week?
by Bandit
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Formula 1

I cant believe how easy teenagers can get in the car and be up to speed. Watching some old F1 on youtube and wow those guys could drive. Same could be said watching the old bathurst races where the cars they raced were the cars you bought.
by Bandit
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barely Legal

Feenix wrote:Brisbane v North Melbourne game was a cracker

Right up til the umpire decided the match
by Bandit
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Ok, I've read the room, I'll tread gently around you blokes for a few weeks.

:lol: no need. One things for sure, it's going to be a looooong off season.

Another thing amused me today...media been calling out for an external review of Crows most of the year. They do this, and Paul Roos tees off on them for arranging an external review.
I thought the same thing - Internal review and everyone says "oh its comprimised". External review and everyone says "what would those guys know". Cant win, welcome to footy media 101 I guess.
by Bandit
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

There is a lot of complaining about the DRS but it was never supposed to be used the way teams do now. It was supposed to be for "howlers" now teams are using it when they are "hopeful". Should be taken out of the players hands and 3rd ump just fixes the real stuff ups. The 50-50's have always been there, the DRS only highlights it more.
by Bandit
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong v West Coast

I love the umps letting it go, but why pluck a tiggy-touchwood all of a sudden. Probly just one bloke that needs to shelve the pea ffs.
by Bandit
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My council no longer delivering the messenger. WTF am i supposed to clean my bbq with jerks, a supercheap auto catalog?!
by Bandit
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong v West Coast

woodublieve12 wrote:Get off west coast you dirty drug cheats

No one, No one. Holds a grudge like WUB :lol:
by Bandit
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |