Search found 63 matches

Return

Re: Round 23 - The bitter end, for some.

carey wrote:Adelaide crowds literally have no idea.

Balllllllllllllllllllllllllll -The sound of a West Coast player getting tackled.
by The Dark Knight
Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

daysofourlives wrote:FFS Hawkins straight in the back of Frawley, yeah he had him cold but you still have to tackle correctly

Open your eyes daisy holding the ball, got him in the side.

Can't believe where still in this game, you boys have been much better.
by batmanbegins
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I envy supporters who don't follow Geelong or Hawthorn so they could just enjoy these contests, I think I'm about to die.
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

valleys07 wrote:
Bandit wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:This Cowan kid goes alright

You are kidding.

He will be dropped

Not before struggles.

Bews in?

Straight in

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Someone smash Scicily
by Brodlach
Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

MW wrote:Booooooooooo....Do Hawks supporters know anything else?

Baaaaaaaaaaallll.... do Crows supporters know anything else?
by Corona Man
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 22

Lever is apparently worth a Mil a year let's see him actually stand someone and go to Buddy.
by carey
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

MW wrote:Is Papley playing? Front running turd

Still has to fake being hit in the guts before his night is finished.
by helicopterking
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Thats a disgraceful decision. No consistency whatsoever.

The MRPs lack of consistency and logic is an embarrassment to the game.

I think everyone knows by now that under the rules and guidelines set down that Cotchin was guilty of at least some charge which would have seen him miss next week but we also all knew that the MRP wouldn't have the balls to follow through with making the correct decision because of the frenzied Chaos that would have followed and it was easier to make the sentimental decision.
by jackpot jim
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Bend Motorsport Park

First V8 Super Car event there in August next year.

Keep an eye out for Moto GP announcement.

I'm up there next Friday for a look, can't wait.
by Booney
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Done Deal. Motlop to Port.
Alleluia

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16 - Don’t have a Barry!

woodublieve12 wrote:
Bandit wrote:
LMA wrote:Strange officiating in this game, glad I don't support either side

Couple of whistles might need new peas

We get momentum and than the whistle comes out. Cats kissed on the dick

Free kick count 19-17 in favour of Sydney.

Your lot were lucky Geelong kicked 8.912
by valleys07
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 - As yet untitled

Good to see Geelong are going with 8/9 blokes labelled as being "below average" earlier this week, yes they're only playing the Suns, but I will be interested in how these below average players perform.

like Fraudmantle did in making Parfitt look good, im sure the Sun will shine on those average players.
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL delistings / retirements

This bloke down the pub has a sister who dated this bloke who delivers the paper who knows a guy who owns 3 Dogs and a cat and the bloke he got the dogs off his next door neighbor who has brown hair heard at the local butchers when he over heard the local foodland guy say to the arnetts rep that whilst Wingard was buying a steak he heard he is playing for Imps next year.

Lock it in
by carey
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - The Prelims

Similar score to SANFL Prelim last week.

Suggest Richmond put a 19th man on to get some momentum!
by Eagles2014
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The new, the old and the who?

Bandit wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Is Moore taking the piss with that hairdo or is he serious?

I thought that was Keira Knightly was in the back 6 for the pies.

I’d go up to him and rip the headband thingy off him and throw it in the crowd.

And she would slap you :lol:

EFA
by Corona Man
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - It’s a long way back from 0-2

The Cox suspension and the O'Meara and Sicily free kicks could be the worst cases of MRO and umpiring the game has ever, ever seen.

If Hocking in any way comes out and defends any of these incidents it will be the last straw for many people and that bloke in that role. Collingwood must appeal that one game sanction and Hawthorn must ask for a please explain from the umpires.

Port gave Gawn a few bumps off the ball last week and Goodwin/Melbourne basically get told the umpires got it wrong, I can't wait to hear what they say about the O'Meara and Sicily free kicks.
by Booney
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

Me as well. ANZAC Day is just that...one day. Turns it into a marketing event and removes the solemnity of the ocassion. Having a band with 'Tokyo' in the name doesn't sit with me all that well either. My pop was a POW and even though the war was a long time a bit more thought should have gone in. Not a time for Rock music AFL fail.

regards,

REB

I heard the debate pop up Friday morning and my initial thought was that the public was over-reacting, a stint on the throne with some time to think about suggests you are correct, how many WW2 or Vietnam vets would even know who "Birds of Tokyo" are, it is somewhat of an insult to them in my opinion.

Events like these should be solely for John Williamson, Barnsey and names alike IMO, it's not a showcase, it's not a festival, it's a day of reflection and honour, I don't need to be rocked, give me a "true blue" or "khe sanh" any day.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

My $0.02 on the "outrage" after yesterday's ANZAC day game, just remember one AFL player, who will earn more than the 3 field umpires combined this year, made more split second skill errors that had an impact on Essendons chances of winning in the last qtr than the 3 fieldies combined!

In the last qtr Shiel cost Essendon more than the umpires.

jim your booing comment is neither here nor there as boorish behaviour is typical across all sports however your comment on laughing at a Mouthy Collingwood supporter getting his head kicked in is a f***ing disgrace. One punch violence and any violence post footy games is a blight on our sport, all sport and our society, TBH.

Not sure the diggers sacrificed their lives so morons could go and get p!ssed and then punch on at a footy match on their day.
by am Bays
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:It was refreshing not to see the bow and arrow come out.

You'll see plenty over the years. :lol:

It's cringeworthy. what a knob head.

Cringeworthy is holding your own press conference and rocking up on crutches wrapped in bandages when your not injured
by LMA
Mon May 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

Trengove still can't crack a game. Must be more to it.
He is just too slow and in a team not blessed with pace he would be a liability no matter how many disposals he gets in the SANFL.
There must come a time where he deserves an opportunity though?
If are conditions on Saturday night are similar to the weather we've had in the past 3 days surely he's a better option than Aiden Johnson?
Looking at his SANFL stats-
He had 7 disposals against Central on the weekend, 7 disposals and he gets an AFL game??!! FFS, that is absolutely bewildering.
He had 11 the week before against the Eagles, 11 in round 3 against North, 2 disposals against South in round 2 and 16 in round 1 against West.
List clogger.
by The Dark Knight
Thu May 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shiel must be wondering what the hell he's signed up for - oh, that's right, the money! And good on him.
by gadj1976
Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umpiring is just so bad... so so very bad...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

How hard is it though?
If you drop the ball in the tackle it’s holding the ball.

Nah

You can drop it in the tackle thats fine
You try and kick it and miss the foot its ball

So it would appear from the umpiring these days
by Armchair expert
Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL round 10 - #freekicksydney

Bandit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Gibbs dropped again?
Massive fall from grace

Dont worry Carlton are giving the crows another #1 pick later this year.

Lets hope Laurence Angwin is available
by LMA
Thu May 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13 - Good luck tipsters!

Jim05 wrote:Beauty from Lynch and hurts Hartigan in the process

Don’t pay the Harriman!
by amber_fluid
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Hope Gibbs doesn't play against Geelong. He used to kill us when he played for Carlton.

regards,

REB
I can only remember two carlton/geelong games. 95 gf listening on the radio while camping :evil: and the game where peter riccardi kicked the goal after the siren at telstra dome :D
that was touched on the mark. Needed a goal review system then. Actually probably not as they would've stuffed it up anyway
by beef
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14 - Winter Solstice round

Handbags at 10 paces
by Brodlach
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14 - Winter Solstice round

One thing is certain and that is that Lycett has just ended Ryder’s career
by Jim05
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First to admit I don't watch a whole lot of AFL but surely Fantasia is not worth a first rounder. If he is what the hell has happened to the AFL.

He'd be worth more than what was given up for Bryce Gibbs. Gotta pay overs a lot of the time. He's been in AA form the past two seasons at times, however his body would have to be of concern for any potential suitors. I think a first rounder is fair, but Dodoro will want 2 first rounders a Rolex and a gobby from the Queen
by JK
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wilson said on Classified that Rozee, Duursma and Butters have all agreed to contract extensions at Port, should be announced today or tomorrow.

Great work locking these lads away, although Rozee was never going to be going anywhere. Port fan as a kid, Adelaide boy still living at home, he's a one club player.

I think time will show this group of three to be right up there with Hawthorns 2001 draft of Hodge, Mitchell and Brown.

***** Bartel Kelly Johnson Ablett 8)
by Armchair expert
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barely Legal

Another good win by Carlton.
I know it was only the Suns but we’ll take it.

How good is Walsh?
When was the last player to impact the competition like he has in their first year?

Bring on the Crows next week!! We should have buried them but I'll take the win...

If Walsh doesn't win the Rising Star then there is something very very wrong...

SPS was excellent today as well...

Things are looking up...

Serious question - who is closer to winning a Premiership, Carlton or Crows?

Carlton got lots of good young kids, playing some good footy and look to have a future.

Crows are the oldest team in the comp, very slow and not many good kids coming thru.

The answer would have to be Carlton, reckon they may beat Crows next Saturday too!

Be like asking which destination I'm more likely to visit, Neptune or Pluto.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barely Legal

Spargo wrote:
Bandit wrote:
Feenix wrote:Brisbane v North Melbourne game was a cracker

Right up til the umpire decided the match

Yep, robbed.
The writing was on the wall in the 3rd qtr when one of them changed their own decision.

Were they just robbed or were they "right in front of me" robbed :D
by LMA
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Or promotes caravans ''carp of the road''
by Sheik Yerbouti
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane v GWS

From afl.com.au
When asked if he would continue playing on the edge following the 17th charge of his career, Greene smiled and said: "I don't know, we'll wait and see what happens."
The question should be rephrased to, "Will you continue to play like a filthy, little grub?"

And be allowed to do so. Hawkins would have gotten six weeks.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong v West Coast

There was 30 seconds where they let the game go and then pay a soft one...
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Lucky for Warner this is the last test, by time Aussie summer rolls around this will be forgotten and he will bully lesser attacks on flat tracks.
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

How long until Danger feigns injury?

by Jase
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

Two Grimes flops behind the play, one in the 2nd and one in the 3rd, and umpires fall for both of them
He certainly hasn't enhanced his reputation today, infact he should be embarrassed. Hopefully once the AFL reviews today we will start seeing suspensions for this type of thing. I can handle what Greene does far more than what Grimes does, Grimes is the real dog here
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Bandit wrote:
locky801 wrote:interesting decision

Watching in a cairns bar with no volume after a work trip (poor me right) but why dont they have a off-side hotspot???
Not out from what i see.

Too high so out of the frame
by Brodlach
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cars

The ABC 891, asked me a few questions in the Colonnades Carpark this arvo. They were out and about getting a feel for the publics thoughts. For the main, noone is really shocked.

They haven't been a "Holden" since the closure of the Elizabeth plant, they're as much a Holden as the Commodore with a Chevy badge on it is a Chevrolet.
by Booney
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

State of Emergency called in Victoria, not really sure what that means to be honest. Other than those tested positive subject to fines if the break self isolation. I’m having today off of work (booked it weeks ago) believing I needed to recover from a day of revellering at the GP. Currently in the beer garden of my local sipping on a Carlton Draught awaiting my Parma !

You haven't been there that long.

#parmi
by Booney
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2

The game is in more trouble than i thought.
72 points, 2 best teams in the comp.
I plead with the AFL to make drastic changes, its horrible to watch.
This is as good a year as any to experiment
BS. The reason the game is the way it is is because they make to many changes. Good pressure footy, with a shortened game. Leave the game alone
If we get 10 goals per game for the rest of the season, plenty will leave the game alone.
by Magellan
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

I love our V guernsey that we wear at AFL level, I think it's one of the best AFL guernseys ( even with bias ).

Our wharf pylon guernsey ( why the club insists on "prison bars" I'm not sure, the wharf pylons connect us to Port Adelaide ) has it's history in South Australia, it's the Port Adelaide Football Club's South Australian history and as such I think we should wear it in Showdowns only. The twice a year event that is a South Australian event, albeit on the national stage.

The V guersey represents the club on the national stage, the Port Adelaide Football Club that it is today and in the future.

Plus, if Kochie really is up for the fight and it pisses McGuire off, win, lose or draw I reckon it's brilliant and I get a feeling other club presidents would be thinking the same, about time someone told McGuire to stay in his lane.
by Booney
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

So Port are “hosting” St Kilda at Marvel in Round 7???

https://twitter.com/sammy__edmund/status/1275982850873937920?s=21

It could be hubs in WA. SA for the rest of the season from r7 on if Marshall adopts exactly the same protocols as WA. Port could get last 10 games at home. Could just see them listing Coll home vs port away at Adelaide Oval not.
The only thing you can count on is the AFLs first thought will be whats fair for the Victorian teams. What can we do to make sure they arent disadvantaged and only after all avenues are exhausted will they think maybe a Victorian team has to play a home game interstate
by daysofourlives
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - I'm a Victorian, GET ME OUT OF HERE!

And these play on not 15 calls are pissing me right off. They're calling it as soon as it leaves the boot, yet others that are clearly under 15 are getting let go. I'm pissed off.
by Bum Crack
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round thirteen thirteeeen

Inside 50’s - Richmond 67-24 Essendon
How the **** do you only lose by 12 pts with those figures We were extremely accurate whilst they missed plenty of easy shots. Richmond had a lot of poor inside 50’s where they just bombed it in and a lot of shallow entries where our defenders managed to hold them off.

Can we just give Lynch a game and stop all the crap.
While we're at it lets make any head rubs to an oppo player a free kick. I watched local U15 and U17 footy yesterday and its rife in that, you cant expect kids that age to have the same discipline as an AFL footballer to be able to ignore. At some stage some kid will snap. Wasn’t much in it but Lynch did give a sly push/jab to Hurley’s throat.
He should get a week for stupidity after being given a huge reprieve last week.
I’d actually prefer stagers and divers to cop 1 match bans :)
by Jim05
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trouble at the Cattery

Can't be true as the AFL would have given Hawkins a game if it was. ;)
by Wedgie
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

whufc wrote:Feel for Ebert, love watching him play

Could inspire his team to a win

Could be career ending, way too many concussions.

Was such a gutsy and big play by him.
by Eagles2014
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Two things...

1. Everyone lining up for a test didn't just get sick this morning and they weren't all at the locations listed. This shows people had complacency in regards to getting tested. Even with no known community transmission people should still be getting tested when showing symptoms.

2. Not every single person on those buses or at the locations would have been infected. Yes the list looks long and it could be really bad but the more people that go and get checked 'just in case' then the quicker this will get under control.

Spurrier on the radio this morning certainly pushed how serious this was but also was calm, level headed and organised. The government and all businesses (should) have plans in place for this type of outbreak, if we all listen to instructions and don't be dicks about it this should be under control within a week or two.
by reppoh_eht
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Pujara is a seriously tough individual.
Physically but more importantly in cricket.... Mentally tough.
Not seen too many blokes take the pounding he's copped and hang in there. ( verbally as well)
Could teach a few of our blokes a thing or three.
by tigerpie
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |