Search found 9 matches

Return

ASCA 2013/14.

Congratulations to Tony Fromene, umpiring his 200th game this weekend. He also played 205 games for North Haven. Great effort. Well done mate!
by bazza1
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

caleb777 wrote:Whats interesting is Coro going down in sect 1. Did they finish bottom last year?

Yes, but ICC finished 6th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by bazza1
Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Are we looking at a Conference system in Section 2?

by bazza1
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok this thread has gone quiet for long enough. Let’s get some chins wagging with a radical idea that would change and likely fix any issues that were had last season with certain clubs sitting in certain sections.

Return of 12 side sections. Below is an example of how it would be set up for the top 3 sections:

Section 1

Coromandel Ramblers
Keswick
ICC Sharks
Coromandel
Western Youth Centre
Cove
Plympton Footballers
Phantoms
Sheidow Park
Morphettville Park
Port Noarlunga
North Haven

Section 2

Mitchell Park
Happy Valley
South Road
Fitzroy
Warradale
Kenilworth
Coromandel II
Sheidow Park II
Coromandel Ramblers II
ICC Sharks II
Keswick II
Morphettville Park II

Section 3

St Johns OS
Southern
Morphett Vale
Flagstaff Hill
Afghan
South Park
Phantoms II
Plympton Footballers II
Port Noarlunga II
North Haven II
Cove II
Western Youth Centre II

Each season two teams go up, and two go down.

SANFL finals format is adopted where a top 5 make finals. The top side not only earns automatic promotion for the next season but they earn the advantage of the first week off.

As mentioned above, the minor premier wins automatic promotion. The premiership side would also be promoted. If the minor premier wins the premiership, the team they play in the grand final is promoted.

The bottom side is automatically relegated. 10th vs 11th in a relegation playoff week one of the finals.

This adds stakes to every single game throughout the season. A side sitting 5th or 6th at Christmas is still realistically fighting to remain out of the relegation zone.

Naturally this creates the need for more home and away games to be played, which would mean back to back one day games could be played on Saturday/Sundays to make up these additional fixtures. The other benefit to this is preparing sides for Saturday/Sunday finals games, which as we all know are taxing on the body.

Alternatively, we no longer have the need to play every team twice, with the last few rounds of the season left as TBA and could be fixtured based on ladder position towards the latter part of the season.

I feel the competition could greatly benefit from such a change, as not only are we one of the only hard wicket competitions with two day cricket still in tact but would add larger stakes to any one day game that may have previously been seen as somewhat of a dead rubber.

Keen to hear some thoughts! Current system is the best since I have been playing.

by bazza1
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any idea who?
My bet:

St.Johns section 4
North Haven section 8
Warradale section 10
Interesting, what information makes you think this or are you just making it up as you go along?

We haven't even discussed what sections our teams will be in as a committee yet and more than likely our grades will just play where the association put us (which should be 2, 4 and 7). Still Salty [emoji849]

by bazza1
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moe wrote:Anyone playing against opposition that said it was too wet for grand finals last season today, just remember....

by bazza1
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Suburban Cricket Assosciation.

Got some young fellas out at training last night, look good too, future A graders if we can hold onto them.
by bazza1
Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:How about explain what happened instead of vague nonsense
That’s all I have to report. I was in the field on the other oval, so I don’t have the ins and outs. Sorry to disappoint you mate. I hope your footy team goes alright next year!

by bazza1
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would Western Youth do better? [emoji102]

by bazza1
Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |