Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Number 5 from CLG is the biggest pole smoker in the saafl!
by bubba love
Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Sad day for WYCCC last week with Dave Thulborn, 4 time premiership player at the club passing away after a short illness.

Was an excellent captain, ripping fellow and a class batsman, even with no gloves or thigh pad. Tough as nails too. Played a major role in shaping a generation of the club that saw several players from under him captain teams and captain premierships. Many of these players then had an impact on the next generation of the club.

R.I.P Dave.
by Booney
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SACA Board of Management Elections

Colin Murray is one of them. Ex Port Adelaide player. Currently involved down there I'm pretty sure. Good bloke, knows his cricket. Would be really good.
by Tony Clifton
Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SACA Board of Management Elections

Colin Murray is one of them. Ex Port Adelaide player. Currently involved down there I'm pretty sure. Good bloke, knows his cricket. Would be really good.

Colin will get all the votes from anyone with links to Port Adelaide and West Torrens, will stand up to SACA re merger debacle. As for Gentle, complete opposite as happy to reduce number of Clubs. Sinclair pushing for more Yes men on the Board, so voting for Murray, Harms, Kerber(?) the way to go!
by Eagles2014
Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For those interested, Mr Jack Voyzey is playing his 500th game of Cricket for Morphettville Park (formally St Marks) this coming Saturday. We have had the match against Warradale (Cheers Warradale) moved to Denham Reserve and have arranged Past Players & Sponsors to attend. I'm sure you would hail & congratulate this amazing achievement. A ripper bloke & a true gentleman.
by Grafter
Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bazza1 wrote:Are we looking at a Conference system in Section 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome back Big Bad Bazza!
by The Dark Knight
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Pretty harsh and savage at selection down at Enfield. Cree tons up in the A's last week and then gets dropped to the B's for this game. Travis gets a red ink 40 odd and 2 poles in the A's same game and doesn't get a game this week. :lol: Will Travis now qualify for finals now?
They don't want to play A grade. The B grade captain got them out playing, and they're happy having a hit around in that grade with him - they came up to the A grade due to lack of availability the week before.

Travis played B grade last week also, he was unsure on availability due to work until Sat morning, and not sure he's available this week.. he also apparently copped plenty from members of his former club for coming out for a game with us which has put him off.

Yeah, he'll qualify for finals.

In a dream world, both Cree and Travis would play A grade.. and if they both came forward and said they were keen, they'd be in.

I remember when Paul was a young lad, he was very talented, our B Grade finished top one year and One Tree Hill manipulated the team sheets enough for him to qualify for the finals and play in their B's.

They came back to the club and he single-handedly destroyed our lot with bat and ball, the players were having a bit of a whinge, I said to the "looks like you got beaten by One Cree Hill", I don't think I've ever mentioned that to him though.

Fierce competitor, loved playing against him, hard to get out and rarely bowled a bad ball.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of legends, Russell Hewett umpired the Section 1 game between Coromandel and Keswick on the weekend, his 700th appearance as a player or umpire. Bravo Russ, bravo.
by Booney
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North Haven win section 2 in an absolutely cracking game.

Chasing 176, went from 1/102 to 9/134, before a gutsy 10th wicket stand got them home.

Our Morphy Park lads gave their all, but fell short (again). Shattered.

Well done NH.
by Moe
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |