Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Not sure if anyone on this forum has previously pointed this out but it's seems to me that if the HFL board simply followed the rules set out in the constitution then the league would run a whole lot smoother. As far as I am aware the rules involving relegation are clear and I'm unsure why a debate about which team should go down/ come up each year needs to occur. Sure we can all agree some teams are more deserving than others but rules are rules and they should be followed, why bother having a constitution at all if we don't follow it. The same disregard of the rules seems to occur with the points allocation each year also. Why not just stick to the points allocated by the constitution and leave it at that?
by Peakedinhighschool
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

The points system is silly. How a side like Uraidla can win the flag and then go out a recruit Tim Delvins and Luke Ivens just makes the whole thing pointless.
Should be:
1st = 7
2nd=8
3rd = 9
4th = 9
5th = 10
6th = 10
7th = 11
8th = 11
9th = 12
10th = 12

This would also help the SANFL's issue with losing all there players. If SANFL players are worth 4 points it makes it harder to just pillage league sides when your sitting 8th after round 11.
Example - If Aish wants to leave Echunga next year it should cost another club 4 points for him as he played SANFL in 2014

Point system works fine. Uraidla have managed to get those two players this season as they have managed to keep their previous recruits for a minimum of 5 years (some 10+ years). Other clubs should be looking to do the same and recruit quality clubmen and not just blokes looking for the best cash they can find.
by Peakedinhighschool
Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |