Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: HFL C Grade discussion

Cant wait for the response

Jeez , what can I say and where do I start? This could have been an excellent discussion until it got nasty Ted B. All I did was respond to questions here; I didn't ignite anything. In hindsight, I would've shut my mouth and will in future. Being angry doesn't solve anything.

Ted, you made the game sound like a bloodbath. It wasn't. I had a grumble about a VERY late bump and the fact was that your intoxicated crowd applauded it at the time, which will always aggravate any opposition.

As for the umpires, I can only say it's a sad state of affairs if the HFL support Cs then don't organise proper umpires. This happens a lot and is a matter for them to deal with without delay. We were glad the game went ahead, but any umpire, pushed in the deep end or not, needs two eyes at all times. I can't comment on any alleged head-hunting by Milang players, or Uri players for that matter. You don't see much when you're not at the scoring end,

As for involvement by trainers; this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Trainers are there to look after the well-being of players, not to squabble about match day issues. PM me Ted, if this is true, and our club will address this. We have a senior trainer of many years and a new one. We don't have a Team Manager but apparently your trainer was an acting TM? As for our runner counting: I believe you had 24 on the Teamsheet Ted. We are only allowed 22 in Cs. We would have been happy to go with 24 if notified as we also had boys who missed out.

I didnt see any knuckles from either side and I don't miss much.

The criteria for Cs does need to be looked at. Milang are a side in "no-mans-land", being neither Central or Country. For this reason a very clear criteria for Cs needs to be established. Clubs such as Sedan/Cambrai and others may wish to kept alive via this means in the future, so best to establish some rules now.

Hope this answers some questions. Discussion much appreciated :-)
by Hear the roar
Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

What a load of toss you blokes are primarily speaking!
If the club shield system is stuck to then the demons head to country, do a lofty and return again in 2016.

Truly, one minute Echunga won't win a game, then they won't win another game, then their clubs got a crap b'grade, then they've bought a side. Just let up, they're a very good side predominately made up of players who played in the country division other than Aish and Lindsay from first look.
The club as a whole we're always going to struggle coming up in its first year when you consider their senior colts are primarily players turned away from other clubs because they weren't 'good enough' and their reserves have had to leap from country reserves to central - arguably the central div b'grade should be able to match most country div a grade sides. So you blokes pull up and give credit where's it's due for once, the club came up and might have to yoyo for a season or two - so what! It just makes for some nervous clubs at the end of 2015...
Legs man I think you're incorrect about Echunga playing a senior colt every week as looking at sporting pulse it tells a slight different story?

Now any chance we can get of next season and start talking finals this season?
by Champ
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |