Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: BL&G Football League

Panther32 wrote:Doesn't he play up in Albury?

He does now yes. sidelined at the moment with a foot injury. Don't you guys read the bunyip.
by Useless
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good win to start the season, Barossa were very ordinary and the contest was over at quarter time.
I think all results this week went as expected, maybe not the margins though.
Two Gawler teams top of the ladder early but one wasnt expected there, are South any good or are Freeling worse than many thought?

South did win quite easy round 1 also. Freeling had a couple outs Saturday which wouldn't have helped things. Probably a few to many kids playing in the one team and if you are going to let Lawry have his own football you are going to have a bad time.
by Useless
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Looks like the only game in the association to play too

Yep covering the hard wicket helped obviously

I dont think the covering of the pitch helped to much it was the hours on the leaf blower that made it playable.

It was pretty damp with some slipping. was far from 100% But credit it to them for getting it up.

although didn't help them in the end.
by Useless
Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

so updated forecast is 40 for elizabeth, but maybe channel nine will say 39. wouldnt be the first time.
by Useless
Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Borat wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:4 on the bench in the A grade this year I've heard .......

forget the a grade what about your magoos boundaryrider?

do you make ridiculous calls on every league page there borat.
by Useless
Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:He was listed in the match day program.

Bluey was named to play but ended up having to work on Saturday. He's been training for 2-3 weeks.

Ha! work. He was playing lawn bowls
by Useless
Wed May 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Just follow the rules and you won't have a problem.

I think you are missing the point. You obviously do a lot for your club so well done, but unfortunately some clubs cannot find the people with the time to be able to do this as you.

I would think that your club would be in the minority in not only reporting correctly to the ATO, but in that they have minimal payments (not syaing this is a bad thing). some clubs need the extra players to be competitive and have to pay to get these. Success breeds success so you try and re-build a club around winning games. Its very hard to improve with out recruitment.

You have the advantage of being the biggest town in your league so the ability to gain juniors as well as other players is alot easier. This isnt just an attack on you or your club but just trying to argue my point.

How do you think teams in your league like hamley, united and perhaps virginia are going to survive if they cant pay players more than they can get at a club down the road from where they live. I find it hard to see under the new system how teams get better.

Yes there are some clubs that have not paid there players under a sustainable model. I feel if your club can generate the revenue and do it sustainably then they should be able to spend what they want or what ever they see fit.

Looking at Hamley as an example why did the league give them more points? they gave them enough rope to hang themselves. as much blame should be on the league as there is on the club.

another argument is to put the money into juniors, what can you honestly spend to gain juniors? do we start paying them? spare me. you gain juniors by winning games. you run football clubs to win games and premierships.
by Useless
Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |