Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

2016 New coaching appointments is on the radar for some clubs already and some clubs in finals series will say goodbye to blokes at the helm in the coming weeks....

Any reports, news, I know a bloke, a good source from the pub told me, someone entrenched in club told me, girlfriends sister mate used to know him and said .....etc etc etc style rumors about at the moment???

Christies -must be pretty close to a replacement would of thought - Junior South coach returning to the fold???
Valleys- going through the process currently- pretty quiet to be honest... hopefully do a better job than 2015 effort :oops: #-o :toimonster:
Cove- sniffing around the league from all reports.

Shoe, Townys, Portys, Aldinga, Marion any rumblings.

Was this Junior South coach involved in the seniors this year as an assistant coach for the reserves?
by godra
Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

If the talk is true, my thoughts on where clubs could fall in. This is based on seeing various SFL and SAAFL games this season.

Brighton - Div 2. Far too strong for Div 3. Premiership contender in the SFL who have beaten Flaggies this year and come close to Reynella (who did win the Country Club Championship earlier this year as another poster correctly pointed out) earlier this year, with another blockbuster rematch later this month. I could see Brighton vs SHOC/Gaza being very close games. That is on the proviso Brighton keeps their players if a change in league happens.

Morphie Parks - Personally I liken them to the strength of Edwardstown when they were in the SFL, hence would suggest Div 4. I would imagine they would win more than they lose in Div 4. But I could see others arguing for Div 5 which wouldn't be a wrong answer either. Morphie Parks have been pushed by lesser teams this year but seem to come up with a win at the end of the day.

Hackham/Marion - I feel these teams are at the same level and I would happily suggest Div 6 is appropriate for both of these teams. But if required, I don't think any team could argue acceptance into Div 7 to kick things off. Hackham face the problem of a more than long drive to many grounds which would seriously jeopardise numbers willing to play and travel that far.

I am not proclaiming to be a suburban football expert, this is just my opinion on the state of affairs based on what I have seen different sides offer at various levels of football this year. The SFL would miss Brighton if they do depart, one of the strongest clubs in the league. I can't see the SFL missing Morphie Parks, Hackham or Marion too much if they do leave however.
by godra
Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

It will be interesting to see how Marion and Lonsdale fit in to div 7.
although they have come from a league where they smashed most weeks, have to remember that the teams in the SFL would be aleast equivalent to div 3/div 2 in saafl.
i would guess that most div 7/6 side would be in the same position playing against those side

having said that im tied up with Marion, and there is huge excitement this year to get afew wins on the board (its been 2 years)
with 40 plus at every training and 10-15 new A grade players to the club (sfl quality) . things are looking up for the mighty rams

Quick look at the clearances shows the return of a club favourite ruckman and the talk is also the return of a former A grade captain who despite his age, would play good footy in D7. Things are certainly on the up at the club, hasn't looked this promising in years. Looking forward to seeing the results after Round 1.
by godra
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |