Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: New Clubs for 2017

If the talk is true, my thoughts on where clubs could fall in. This is based on seeing various SFL and SAAFL games this season.

Brighton - Div 2. Far too strong for Div 3. Premiership contender in the SFL who have beaten Flaggies this year and come close to Reynella (who did win the Country Club Championship earlier this year as another poster correctly pointed out) earlier this year, with another blockbuster rematch later this month. I could see Brighton vs SHOC/Gaza being very close games. That is on the proviso Brighton keeps their players if a change in league happens.

Morphie Parks - Personally I liken them to the strength of Edwardstown when they were in the SFL, hence would suggest Div 4. I would imagine they would win more than they lose in Div 4. But I could see others arguing for Div 5 which wouldn't be a wrong answer either. Morphie Parks have been pushed by lesser teams this year but seem to come up with a win at the end of the day.

Hackham/Marion - I feel these teams are at the same level and I would happily suggest Div 6 is appropriate for both of these teams. But if required, I don't think any team could argue acceptance into Div 7 to kick things off. Hackham face the problem of a more than long drive to many grounds which would seriously jeopardise numbers willing to play and travel that far.

I am not proclaiming to be a suburban football expert, this is just my opinion on the state of affairs based on what I have seen different sides offer at various levels of football this year. The SFL would miss Brighton if they do depart, one of the strongest clubs in the league. I can't see the SFL missing Morphie Parks, Hackham or Marion too much if they do leave however.

Pretty accurate I reckon, I know it was only a trial game but it was the last trial of the pre-season and both teams were full strength when Flaggies belted Plympton this year by 20 goals and Plympton are mid table in Div 3. Brighton should be straight to Div 2, especially as they get some Glenelg overflow.
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

No doubt. I still have photographic memories of it before they did all the work on it. Then by the end of July and start of August it would all harden up.

We played Morphett Vale one day at Hackham with both teams sitting in the top 4 of the U16's (with some bloody good footballers in both teams) and we won the game kicking 1 goal.
by LaughingKookaburra
Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch Departs Panthers

A lot can change in 6 weeks...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/south-adelaide/sanfl-bradley-gotch-to-stay-with-south-adelaide-as-coach/news-story/9b7d6916ba3764d5dfa36576f28c7764

“I’m contracted at South for next season and I’m sitting at my desk right now looking at my player list,” Gotch said. “I’m also working on what areas we need to work on, and I’ve interviewed the local boys for recruiting purposes.

“ I’m happy as Larry at South, there are no dramas there. No one has approached me in Melbourne to coach.”
I wonder which 'Larry' he was referring to? It seems Gotch may have morphed into this Larry, at least in the eyes of some Southies...

I0kfe5tkdD4
by Magellan
Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Morphettville would be overrun with players and no one would play for Kenilworth based on that logic
by MW
Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

While we're at it, a person can be biased not bias. A person may have a bias, but cannot be bias in the human form.

Simply bias is a noun, biased is an adjective. I get this one wrong sometimes.

The other one is affect or effect. ****** if I know which one to use most of the time.

01Dn53H2ZLw
by jo172
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

bulldogs wrote:Anyone tell me how Plympton Oval is looking
East/West ;)
by heater31
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Social media in particular SA Footy is part of the problem. The Div 6 and Div 7 forums are already up to 40 pages for 2018 and the season is still 10 days away. When I played Ammos it was exactly that - amateur. Although back in the late 80's some of the Div 1 and Div 2 clubs were clearly buying brown paper bags for more than the mixed lollies in the canteen. In those days, other than the scores in the Sunday Mail with best and goals for the A grades only, the only other vehicle for ones name getting a mention was a small write up in the Footy Times each week. But the passion showed by the likes of Bedge, Morell etc. on SA Footy and the constant reference to some of the better players running around in these divisions only serves to inflate the ego and perceived value of blokes who would struggle to get a regular A grade game at many clubs or at least command no more than the base rate for an A grade game. I don't know what the solution is because the clubs in the weakest country leagues are probably paying players similar to the stronger country leagues which equates much the same to paying players whether you are Div 1 or Div 7. But it's rather sad how clubs are forced to survive these days when they were originally established to provide a recreational outlet with organised competition for their local communities, with absolutely no intention of one day having to pay people to participate.
by Down the Hill
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Great numbers on the track last night. The drills were done with perfect precision and the atmosphere was contagious. All the boys can't wait til the weekend and we need to bring our very best game if we are to come away with the win. C'mon Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3240b08b8c1d722625dfb9e5d73b7b11/tenor.gif?itemid=3535805
by woodublieve12
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Whats the go with the missing goal post down at Valleys? Did Hughesy take it because they couldn't pay him enough or? :D :D New junior rules, goals only to be in place during official senior games and removed at all other times.

Encourages focus on skills and fun without the pressure of scoring - which has been proven to be detrimental to their emotional development.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |