Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

I haven't seen it personally but I had heard numbers have been low kitm. I count 9 out that would make any side in the league - (despite as a group not being able to have a huge impact) so that would definitely be affecting training numbers.

Most sides seem to have more outs than ins at this point with lots of quality going from the league to others (esp KNTFL - $$$).
Hard to pick at this early stage but the Dees would be up there as favorites for mine.

Interesting observations about player movements FoD. Are we seeing the APPS "working", ie bottom to mid range A graders staying put, and top enders shopping for big bucks (too much for many clubs) . Interesting players presumably Adelaide based leaving GSFL to travel extra 3 to 4 hrs each weekend for their footy!
I'm hearing quite a number of clubs around the state really struggling to recruit this year.
by WellPlayed#9
Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Was passing through loxton on my way back too adelaide so thought I would stop in an have a look at the local footy loxton v waikerie.
The two blokes umpiring should be on report an trained properly I've seen a lot of country footy but that was by far the worst I've seen they controlled the game from the first bounce they had way too much input on the game
They seem more interested in telling young kids to move away from the boundary line, and what supporters are saying from the sidelines than concentrating on their own performance. The way they are going no one will want to go to the footy. I know umpiring numbers are low and we have to look after them, but they do get paid well to do the job of umpiring , not crowd control.
I happened to talk to someone from the EP a few weeks ago that watched one of our games and they said that they will never complain about their umpires again. We need to bring in more interleague umpire exchanges, and even bring in umpires from Adelaide to lift the standard. I`m not going to comment on how they umpired the game yesterday as I don`t want to take away from Loxton's great performance. They were much better than a side who is sitting on the bottom of the table, and I expect them to cause a few more upsets if they play with the same intensity and method as they showed yesterday.

Umpires don't determine the outcome of games but poor decisions and inconsistency confuses and frustrates the players, and can shift momentum, and momentum does shape results. The best umpires are the ones who call the obvious ones then put the whistle away on the iffy ones allowing the game to go and flow. I reckon if the umpires did more of that they wouldn't cop the abuse from players and spectators.
by WellPlayed#9
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disappointed we didn't get to hear Shane Walker speak at Whillas medal last night, always great to hear a player speak about how much better he is than everyone else! lol

Richo was fantastic, chicken quite tasty and Tim Bevan a worthy winner!
by WellPlayed#9
Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would think normal process, I think the Rovers would be some what pleased with the year.
what's this rubbish in the Pioneer about a bumper crowd, would have been just average, Lefty must have trouble counting.
what do you think the wash up will be at Barmera re the coaching gig & surely Smart & Greenwood will retire.
would have been a better crowd if the Waikerie supporters turned up and supported their team.

Looked like a big crowd to me. Great venue for it. All GFs at Berri is spot on. Some people are too willing to let club based scare mongering get in the way of the best outcome for all.

If Berri genuinely think this is good idea, they would provide some evidence to support their argument? Why not open the books on Saturdays game and other clubs could compare a GF at Berri vs their own club. I suspect Berri FC has a hidden agenda, perhaps a major infrastructure project but in order to obtain grant money they need to increase oval use. Unfortunately that will come at expense of other clubs.
All grand finals at Berri will be fantastic for Berri, terrible for everyone else. The stupid thing about this debate is it ignores the real elephant in the room in RFL, No Netball! Bringing netball and football together would have far more benefits than a half baked theory about centralised GF's!
by WellPlayed#9
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

fabio wrote:Moonta have signed a dual mail medalist from kntfl and far north football league jared greenbank hope theres some good taggers in ypfl cause this guy can seriously play!

Is that your opinion or Jared's? He certainly isn't his harshest critic!
by WellPlayed#9
Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

have heard that Chris Bonney from the Roos injured his knee at training and will need another knee recon, also Jake Smith might be a non starter for the Roos this season, supposedly going to travel plus with Selfe trying his luck at Westies this year the Roos look a little bit light on in the experience department

I heard the Bonney one over the weekend too. I'm in no way a Barmera supporter but felt sick when I heard, 2 knees in 2 years just awful. Terrific lad, terrific footballer and Riverland Footy will be the worse for his absence from the field for another twelve months. Hope he's doing ok.
by WellPlayed#9
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nick Hankin's leaving the Dees will be offset a little bit by the signing of Adam and Ben Grose from the Roo's

good story in the pioneer about the gro$e move to berri.
my guess is berri offered to pay them more than barmera
wonder how the local berri boys feel about that??

A lot more, had a bit of a chuckle when Lefty said young Adam needed a fresh start,also Berri have supposedly signed Brodie Fridd from Barmera on some good money, good luck to him if true. If I was one of the local Berri lads I would not be happy[/quote]

New less is more strategy at BM, less money less peanuts. It will pay dividends
by WellPlayed#9
Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |