Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: Great Southern Football League

Yes Tiger83, well aware of what the button is for. My interest is with Matty Wilson who was happily cleared to SANFL (the Crows ressies I presume) but denied to RFL, clearly an option if he doesn't make it. You would of thought the skipper from 2013 was financial and could go wherever he wanted. :)

Not that ur in a position that needs to know, but Matty is not completely financial. Its not always about Subs... He wont be playing anywhere in 2014 now anyway. He had a shoulder reconstruction the other day after a training mishap.

As an interested observer of clearances to see where players are going etc. I find it amusing that if he won't be playing anywhere in 2014 as stated why wouldn't the Club clear him???
A clearance can only be denied on subs or a contract, but I could be wrong. I thought if he had club property ie a Guernsey, after being captain of the club they would happily let him have that, and maybe he will return to the club one day, but you would think that wont happen now.
by Ralph Wiggum
Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Well done to Mason Middleton for making a great debut for Westies last night. 3 goals and 3rd best when the rest of the team was average is a great effort. Hopefully he keeps this up leading into the draft.
by Peter Griffen
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No wonder Yank are getting smashed each week on the field when the players are punching on, off the field!
One of the best 3 players in the club, association representative and a young leader.
It's bad enough he has a reputation for dirty tactics on the field without picking fights with team mates at club functions throwing several punches at own team mates
Talented football needs the club to take a stance and pull him back into line!
by Ramadash
Sun May 11, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS Country Football

Some of you may not have read this recently in the Murray Vallee standard. Will be interesting to hear the feedback as I think James Moore as worded this perfectly and said what a lot of us are thinking.

http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au/story/2344804/moore-to-the-point-meningie-coach-backs-country-recruiting/?cs=1653
by grasshopper22
Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

murdoch had rubbed a lot of the locals up the wrong way. jumped before he was pushed IMO
by The Ferret
Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should be a good match. 2 best sides of the year. Pity that the afl has scheduled the power v hawks match for 4:00pm. That might keep a few away for the main game and will probably see the junior players and supporters get home for the slightly bigger match . My tip is Strath by 15, Pegler best on
by LuvsFooty
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would think normal process, I think the Rovers would be some what pleased with the year.
what's this rubbish in the Pioneer about a bumper crowd, would have been just average, Lefty must have trouble counting.
what do you think the wash up will be at Barmera re the coaching gig & surely Smart & Greenwood will retire.
would have been a better crowd if the Waikerie supporters turned up and supported their team.
by Bum Crack
Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must've been a big crowd at Berri on Saturday - apparently they ran out of XXXX cans before the end of the B-grade or is this just a lack of planning with the catering????
by stun72
Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415175864.706285.jpg

BSR Not dead just yet! Which will upset a few! But yes it will be a very different BSR taking to the field next year.
by BOM
Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

did Rambo not want the job, pretty harsh if he did as he had taken Barmera to 2 grand finals & only to have players not perform on the day.
Dingo very interesting appointment, I wonder if Renmark & Waikerie were asked for references
by DARK KNIGHT
Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Any murmurings from the land of box heads under new coach Griffiths? Very quiet so far!
#asking for a friend

It all seems to be a fairly happy camp at the moment, spoke to some of the lads and they are stoked with the new appointment, few players back, Greenwood, Ben Schiller, Scott Rogash, Billy Wells (just never know with Billy though). A big loss in Sammy Agars heading OS and Newberry retiring. Obviously a few more in and outs to come.
by Swooper
Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see on the Sanfl fixture release there is a game scheduled for the Riverland between West and Port. Any ideas which club is hosting it??

Also, sad news about a couple of Indy clubs not fielding sides next year. Really there is a lot of talk, but we only have to look back 10-15 years when BSR were part of the old Mid Murray and see that this club not that long ago was fielding u13, u16 b and a grade teams. Country clubs are struggling and player numbers are declining, I think all the clubs in the league have to get together and look at where they will be in 10 years. The region will not sustain the current number of footy teams, and I would think the Indy clubs in particular need to be proactive to maintain some if not all of their heritage and identity. It is better to have a plan now than to watch these proud clubs fold.
by callop
Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |