Search found 214 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

nicole wrote:Can anyone from Bramah Lodge comment on the rumors , that you have lost so many players, that you have asked the league if you can stay down in A4 this year.

by zedman
Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

How things have changed. In 2005 Plympton lost 18 of their A grade to other leagues, so, we were left to grin and bear it with a few old guys and a group of kids. We lost every game, some by a lot, went from D4 to D5. The kids stuck by the club and with recruiting and development, we rebuilt. How is it that BL are not made to do the hard yards. Understand they could use the option to stay down, but to now select a comfort zone, is hardly believable
by renix40
Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.
by Yank Man
Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ouch!

......the B Grade lost by 37 goals
We will learn from this week and keep working hard on the track to improve as the season goes on. We fielded and will continue to field a young side with some senior heads. Looking to the future if these kids can stay together for a few seasons they will have success. Positive for the club is that we fielded to full teams which as of a month ago looked unlikely.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
by Bigshow82
Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can understand people having some venom to Brahma. They spent some coin and went up Divs. BUT , what is IS. Facts are Bigshow is the new coach and a man I have been close to over the years. A person of high repute and a person who believes can take the club forward. Cut him some slack, it's his problem, not his fault. Just sayin'. ;)
by Yank Man
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Cos last year's Div 4 grand finalist is in Div 5...
by Mr Beefy
Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Browny25 wrote:Made 2 grand finals, and 2 prelims in the last 5 years

Exactly the reason you should've been made to stay up

Why so our scores can look like kilburns and we only field one team? Piss off

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
by Bigshow82
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things looking up at the Lodge by the sounds of things, Gun midfielder Jarrad Clark and Tommy Proctor returning to the club for tomorrows game against old coach Carey Payne's Eagles, plus the naming of several emergencies for the B grade things seem to be turning around. Good on them.
No jarrad Clark and last I heard tommy won't be playing either. I'm sure payney can breath easy not having to work out a way to stop jarrad.
by Masha
Fri May 02, 2014 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things looking up at the Lodge by the sounds of things, Gun midfielder Jarrad Clark and Tommy Proctor returning to the club for tomorrows game against old coach Carey Payne's Eagles, plus the naming of several emergencies for the B grade things seem to be turning around. Good on them.

http://www.vbforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=108461&d=1387239587
by Browny25
Fri May 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big shoutout to my ol mate Colin Harrison playing his 300th in the Bs this week @ Greenacres.
Great player from a proud EFC family. Think his old man Kev played 3-400 odd games for the Eags as well.

Onya Colzy, have a good one. =D>
by BenchedEagle
Thu May 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great that Colzy played 300 games. What a champ!
We used to run the club when we were kids ;)
His ol' man Kevvy played 250 games for the EFC, while younger brother Slammer has over 150 on board.
A great example of loyalty from all three.
Thanks to Webby for giving Col a guard of honour. Much respect there.

Disappointing 'no-one went into the rooms afterwards' - doesn't matter where you are, you should do it. Someone should be in there and buy a drink, we expect it of all clubs that visit us.

And...40-9 is a ridiculous count. There is no game that can justify that sort of count.

Jetters, I don't normally blast people on this forum, but how about you piss off and go whinge somewhere else. It was a sh*t incident that happened two years ago and totally unjustifiable, but it was dealt with, the player is no longer with the EFC. Time to move on.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 12, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robran wrote:Were the eagles were flying under the radar

Nothing like a drunken post to tell you what you truly believe.
by lovetotalkfooty
Tue May 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elizabeth have squirmed their way to 3rd on the table, that's a huge effort with their young squad, exceeded my expectations of them already.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guys, I've taken off the shot, not because of any potential action but just because it's not the type of shot we want to promote.

Also, had that been a shot of Cox and a raised elbow, others would be jumping up and down whilst others jumped to conclusions. - thx Lisa

Quality shot
I also wonder what would have been said if it was the Elizabeth player throwing a punch :roll:

Did wonder that myself, Rooey.

It was probably deserved anyway ;)
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

good win by EFC to assume the mantle of premiership faves now but still in 3rd spot on the table..fair to say the division is getting very competitive on many levels..

horrible conditions at trinity made so much worse by yet again the inability of the home team to provide suitable close change rooms for the opposition to at least shelter in from the rain..using a small female change room located 150m from the oval as the rooms for senior football is negligent and has been going on for years..the walk is so long you cant even go there at half time because you have to turn around and walk back for the resumption of the game..we were left standing in the rain trying to stay warm..absolute joke and its time the league got it changed..this is a committee thing and its not about the two trinity teams who both battled hard but were obviously undermanned on the day..
by zedman
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sweet big show what time does past players day start see if I can get there;-). .Will be a great day for the blodge club always very well organised.
by Robran
Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robran wrote:Sweet big show what time does past players day start see if I can get there;-). .Will be a great day for the blodge club always very well organised.

Will be good to see the A grade lads from last year at the past players day ;)
by Browny25
Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to TOS for being involved in our past players day last Saturday.
A great day for us, considering you beat us on the same day last year.
A tough day in the office but your second half was a lot better - best of luck for the rest of the year and hopefully you can find those wins you need.

Eagles looking pretty good, at the minute.
There seems to be no taking anything for granted among the players and Payney has them purring, and possibly a lot further ahead than expected at this stage of his time with the club.
I've never heard a Elizabeth side as loud as this one, either. The boys are very vocal and good at getting each other going.
There's a good feeling.

Also, I've never seen three such young sides for the club. Great to see. Bodes well for the future and there's a real strong connection between all of the young fellas.

The B grade are sitting well but I reckon they can play a lot better. Just doing what they've got to do at the moment.

They certainly have exceeded expectations, it's great to see a young bunch growing in confidence and playing their own brand of footy......and winning.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good show of sportsmanship by the Eliz b grade on the weekend, forming a guard of Honour for one of the lodges players who just played his 200th. Most from Eliz wouldn't know him, so it was surprising yet pleasing to see.
by Masha
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what happened to Havens good umpire from last year , bring him back i say .
by nicole
Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robran wrote:Well done to harvey great effort 2 years in a row is some sort of effort dont care who u r..so with one rd remaining wat r peoples thoughts on Team of the year.. Grand finalist and medal winner

might wear #2 for you guys mate..
by zedman
Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Watching Prelims

Why do they need to be drinking? Is it impossible to go the game, sit quietly, watch your potential opponent and the movement of the game without drinking and being and arse?

this!

we have gone and watched teams in pre lims before and not drank, sat there quietly and left.

its not that hard not to be a complete dick sometimes.
by Johno6
Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A special thank you to Elizabeth for not putting in the scores for the B Grade game , well done .
by nicole
Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

congratulations to the WOSFC on saturdays win..they are playing with massive belief and have momentum the size of a tsunami..a great mix of older heads and young enthusiasm across all the lines..we won the first and last quarters but the second and more importantly the third were all WOS and they scored more heavily than we did..game over..

old scholar clubs seem find something extra in finals..there is an invisible bond between them all no matter the age and so many are mates before they are team mates..this is what they seem to be able to draw on in important games and that can make them very, very dangerous..playing the game at kenilworth is a gift for the dragons as its almost like a second home to them..they have the defenders to curb the 3 haven forwards..but can they win 4 weeks in a row?..i think they can but they will need to do everything right for 120 minutes..best of luck to both teams this weekend..we wish we were there in our first year in a new division but it wasn't to be..

a shout out to the trolls and rumour mongers seen on here in the last few days..stay classy lads..the footy gods are watching.. :)
by zedman
Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally back on deck after an epic weekend. Thanks to all the people who have congratulated us on here. It was a super effort from our lads to come from 5th against some quality sides. We honestly played our worst football for the year from round 16-18 but managed to re-group and set ourselves for the finals. We took basically no momentum into the finals but the confidence grew week to week and by the time the grand final came around we were flying.

Our emphasis was on pressuring the ball carrier and quick ball movement. A couple of great coaching moves to switch some players around and having almost a full squad to pick from certainly helped. On Saturdays game I was extremely happy with the way we settled. To be 4.0 to 0.1 at quarter time into a slight breeze was a great effort. I thought our blokes were first to the ball on most occasions and took the most of our chances. That then gave us the belief and momentum for the rest of the game.

IMO we probably got the better of the umpiring but that was principally because we put our head over the ball and generally got their first and the umps protected that. We did get a lot of free-kicks but I cant think of too many that weren't deserved. I do recall us getting a couple of lucky non-calls in the second 1/4 but they certainly didn't impact the result.

On the bloke with the mega-phone, surely people have to relax and just accept its a bit of banter. We were certainly copping it from the NH supporters and I'm sure if the scores had of been the other way around it would have got a lot worse. Crowds tend to sing when they're winning. Some will say its bad sportsmanship but to me its all a part of it. You should just laugh it off and get on with it, for people to say it was close to starting a riot is ridiculous - at the end of the day its amateur footy and should be about having a fun day out. I thought the crowd on a whole were great and I'm sure it would have been better if the result was closer.

For those commenting on #13 - it was also Warby's 150th game for the club on Saturday earning him life membership. He also played his 100th in the GF win over hope valley in 2008 - not a bad way to play your milestone games.

On a personal note, having been involved in all 4 of our A grade GF's since 2000 I can say coming from the elimination final is the best way to win them. The players just bond together over the 4 weeks and it certainly made celebrating with them over the last 3 days most enjoyable. We now have 3 days off the grog before the B&F on Friday night which I'm sure will be another huge night.

Go Dragons!
by WOS Dragons
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

manbitesdog wrote:Brahma signed Tim Aloisi last night looks like they are pulling a decent side together

There's a quote about those that learn nothing from history being deemed to repeat it (hi Kilburn)
by jo172
Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Of course not, no guaranteed flag ;)
by Footy Chick
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ROOBOY18 wrote:This will test the new "3 player rule" Aloisi, Hickey, Craven, Leigh, McIntyre all played or were signed at Salisbury West last season.

Might be wrong but dont think it matters if they have played 25 games there previously.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ROOBOY18 wrote:This will test the new "3 player rule" Aloisi, Hickey, Craven, Leigh, McIntyre all played or were signed at Salisbury West last season.

Hickey and mcintyre haven't signed anything with brahma for next year at this stage
by manbitesdog
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

The SAAFL has set a very dangerous precedent.

Unless a club is hit with unforeseeable and extreme circumstances, it should not be allowed to (in the 'A' grades), more or less, choose its division.

It gives a club with poor management an opt out of the consequence of its poor management and encourages other clubs to run their clubs with a greater element of risk because they know, if they screw it up, the SAAFL will save them.

What a cock up.

Sounds like you need to adopt a grading system like in social basketball. Play a few games and then allocate into divisions. Would solve all your issues. Don't need to. Make a GF, go up. Finish bottom two, go down. Simple. Or, it should be.
by Pag
Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.

Doesn't matter where you sit on this issue - this is great posting! Keep it up.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

BFG wrote:sounds good, elizebeth were strong this year so any players they dont get make it easier for everyone else. Rekon they would go close even with their list from last year.

Just been informed his staying guess a lot of people love to start rumours
by great catch
Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Is this true Taylor from Smithfield May be heading back to Elizabeth
by South B/Hill Roos
Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ROOBOY18 wrote:
Wee-man wrote:
great catch wrote:
scottroo wrote:Why did his time at efc fall through?

Not sure but great to have him back

Can't see it hurting EFC's list too much.

Webber for Taylor .......I know who won that trade ;)

Both equal in there positions as I've seen them both play from last year
by great catch
Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great catch wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:Webber for Taylor .......I know who won that trade ;)

Taylor a definite?

Looks like has gone if his saying that!

He'll probably change his mind a few times yet before the season begins.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His good mates with few lads out there, I'm sure his trained there aswell couple times

Yeah, I know Mike a little bit, he'd be caught between a rock and a hard place, has mates at Smithfield where he played all his juniors and through Elizabeth where he spent a few years and is good mates with Dyl.
At the end of the day, as long as he's having a kick and enjoying himself is what matters.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

Footy Chick wrote:Yes, returning players don't count apparently.

Defeats the purpose of the rule really, two clubs can just keep poaching off each other constantly.
by Pag
Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woop, here we go...

by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His good mates with few lads out there, I'm sure his trained there aswell couple times

Yeah, I know Mike a little bit, he'd be caught between a rock and a hard place, has mates at Smithfield where he played all his juniors and through Elizabeth where he spent a few years and is good mates with Dyl.
At the end of the day, as long as he's having a kick and enjoying himself is what matters.
Yeah that's it its a shame if he leaves cause his a good player but we're gald we have webber back at the same time cause his crucial to our side and hard to stop when his on but we just hope Taylor makes his mind up! Does anyone know if he has signed?

Smithfield Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Pending 2015-02-11
by zedman
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that's it its a shame if he leaves cause his a good player but we're gald we have webber back at the same time cause his crucial to our side and hard to stop when his on but we just hope Taylor makes his mind up! Does anyone know if he has signed?

Smithfield Elizabeth Taylor, Michael Pending 2015-02-11

I was talking to the barman at the pub tonight who's sister dates a bloke that has a mate that lives with a mate who's girlfriend said she overheard her best friend saying to her girlfriends Fiance that Mick said he wouldn't get a game so he was gonna go back to Elizabeth.
by panthers
Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see smithfield have picked up Mick Ashby. Very handy inclusion, he is gonna dominate div 6.
Might help cover the loss of Mick Taylor. Remember watching Ashby dominate div 3 (may have been div4) at Eastern Park he could seriously play!
I think we might of been in the same team then ROOBOY ;) I remember one game Ashby kicked 9 goals playing on the ball... might of kicked a few points too, had it on a string! He will go more than ok in this division for sure.
by cossi11
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half Back Flanker wrote:Not much talk of Lockleys on here atm.......You'd be liking that hey Zed ;) 8)

mate..with the aloisi's, robb's and ashby's of the world cutting, ripping and shredding everything to pieces in div 6 there is nothing to talk about..im focusing on 2016 now.. :)
by zedman
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not much talk of Lockleys on here atm.......You'd be liking that hey Zed ;) 8)

mate..with the aloisi's, robb's and ashby's of the world cutting, ripping and shredding everything to pieces in div 6 there is nothing to talk about..im focusing on 2016 now.. :)

Div 6 is a Northern Suburbs world mate, you're just living in it. ;)
CDFA :D
The Gino Cup!
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

make Kilburn stay in div 3 they deserve it after the crap that happen this year they look like they will have a semi decent team this year

salisbury west out of div 3..kilburn back up to div 3..woodville south back to div 4..brahma back to div 5 and either 9 teams and a bye in div 6 or see if somebody wants to come up from div 7..this view is taken with my lockleys hat firmly in place.. 8)

I like it but can I suggest Brahma go into Div 4 as that is where they should be.
by Boosh
Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lovetotalkfooty wrote:Any trial games this weekend?

How the hell did you make sargeant if you're blind ;)

http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=40303
by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From reports, the boys from SW and PD that went to north haven this year, have fitted in perfectly and are loving the club which is a good sign for them at the moment, reeds going to have a tough first 7-8 rounds be interesting to see if NH have any depth

As long as they get paid,all should be rosey.
by easy TIGA
Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lance's brother wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Is Wonderboy going around again?

Na, Warby is planning to move to Sydney with his girlfriend in the next month or two, which is a shame as he played some great footy last year.

=(( :-Q
by Footy Chick
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hope Valley v Elizabeth maybe Hope Valley should ask for quality umpires who will control the game and stop the knuckle before it happens
Salisbury had nothing to do with any incident that you saw? Elizabeth just wanted to punch on rather than play footy?

New coach....new game plan ????

it worked in patches but yeah elizabeth happy to play the man first scared the little salisbury players a bit so they looked better then what they are

Now although I wasn't there to see for myself I find it very hard to believe any side in footy would play a trial game and just go the body and play the man, Especially in the higher divisions. I have also known Payney personally for the best part of 20 years and there's no way he would send blokes out to go the biff especially in a trial game.
by carey
Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Kilburn
North Haven
Pooraka
Kenilworth
Westminster OS

Hope Valley
Hectorville
Glenunga
Salisbury
Eastern Park

how many did hope valley have out against elizabeth ? was going to put you higher up the ladder until i heard you lost

You do know it was a trial game, yeah?
by S Demon
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |