Search found 83 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Lets hope they succeed. But in reality, if you cant see yourselves fielding 2 sides every week. Wouldn't it be advisable to make the call soon and nominate for 1 side? Don't wanna go 6 rounds in and then start pulling out in the B's.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Carey, are you going to miss the great man "Riddler" now that he has moved onto greener pastures??

I have a lot of time for Richard Chee Quee I always have and that will continue.

Have you seen the man dance? Smoke was coming off the Slug dance floor along with hearts breaking all over the place :lol:

Been privildged to see the "John Travolta" of the modern era strut his stuff on a few occasions. He will be surely missed at the Lakes, but I believe his influence at the Legs will go far. Maybe we will see him coaching the big league in the near future me thinks.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Or because its a Div 6 thread

Yeah that too. No harm done.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Junior coach wrote:Hi guys i am new to this site. Is there a tipping comp in this grade that i can join and does it cost anything to join.

Yes, no cost

Couldve made some coin there Phantom he he. Just joking. ;)
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has Mawson Lakes uploaded the team on the SAAFL website? Cant see who's lining up in any of the 3 grades.
Obviously not then

I'd say it'd be the coach playing mental mind games on the comp

Ive never ever seen the sence of mind games in amatuer footy. Once you've picked your team, thats pretty much final. We're adults here, not children.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Walkerville A grade were very unlucky not to walk away with the points against Flinders park. Losing by 3 points in the end showed that they arent that far off from the mark. And Walkerville's B grade were devastating. Ran the ball well and created a lot of space all around the ground. Congrats to the B grade.
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Get rid of the points system and paying players and all will be good.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Looked like a dark day at Walkerville on Saturday. The C grade had a good start in the 1st quarter but with Uni fighting back the game ended in a draw. In the B grade things didnt look so good. Prince Alfred were just too good running in big numbers and had some big contributors. Kane Moore, Zanks and Tommy Sinclair battled hard all day and tried everything they could to close the gap. But at the end of the game, Prince Alfred were too good. And the bad luck continued into the A grade with Prince Alfred running over top by quite a few.

So hopefully after the Easter break and with a few inclusions, the mighty Cats can bounce back against Broadview on ANZAC day and forget about the games already played.
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All good here Zedman. I was just responding to why they would wanna leave a good club culture that has the talent and plays regularly in grand finals. Thats all.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For a bloke that has played probably over 200 games for the club, not to mention still having family playing/involved in the club, I would've thought any questions (especially such stupid ones like your last) you have would be kept from the public eye. As The Informer has said, you are welcome to come down to the club for the first time in 2 years and ask any of the people in the know. Until then please refrain from commenting, because 85% of it is just crap and embarrassing for yourself.[/quote]

All good here mate. My apologies.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:B4E, old mate, please learn to quote effectively, please. Please.

Won't you think of the children.

My apologies my mate. Been away from the keyboard too long. Ha ha.
by Bombers4EVA
Mon May 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you think the game between Mawson Lakes and Fitzroy is going to be a important game to both sides as a win or loss to both sides could be the difference between fighting to stay in Div 6 or fight for a chance to play finals??

I wouldn't be going out on a limb suggesting that Fitzroy would be disappointed if they dropped this & it would be a blow to their finals aspirations (especially a double chance). I still think Fitzroy will find themselves well in the 5 before the season is out.
Looking at Mawson's form, the five is a long way away, but they should have more than enough to cover the bottom two teams & survive relegation.

If you have different opinions on possible outcomes for each team as a result of this game, go ahead and speculate!
I tell ya now though that if Mitchell Park were to somehow find a win. Things could heat up a bit for teams close to the bottom.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue May 20, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Nearly as bad as 3 weeks for saying "stop ******* cheating" to an umpire.

Best way to stop a cheating umpire. Play in front and keep your mouth closed.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu May 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon Ingle Farm will go undefeated this year and win the flag. Everyone else is just making up numbers.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon he'd make an awesome coach someday.
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So how many people out there would umpire a game of football for nothing?? Why does the SAAFL have a prescribed fee that the clubs should pay towards their umpires??
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Officialdom at Central United really going to shit. Match Day Official during the B Grade at Ingle Farm last week ran onto the ground and grappled one of our players. His excuse "he pushed my brother".

Maybe the problem out at that shithole over the past few years hasn't been the players, it's been the example set by the officials. Yeah he is a disgrace and has been told but again, glass houses brother, glass houses.

Nothing wrong at our place mate. Would be one of the most disciplined and well structured clubs anywhere up to Div 1. Central United on the other hand.................
That is the biggest load of crap ive read on here. "ingle Farm most discipline and well structered". Are you dillusional? So because you're winning games and setting yourself up for a good year. Does that mean things in the past dont have a reflection on your club still?? I think not. On the way up?? Does 1 good year really say much for the recent years. NO it doesn't. You cant even compare Ingle Farm FC to any of the top SAAFL clubs in Div 1 -3.
by Bombers4EVA
Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Very sad, i am struggling to accept the news to be honest. I convinced myself he would pull through! Although a lot of us don't see eye to eye on this forum, it's times like these that being part of the SA Footy community gives us a place where we can talk about such a tradegy and try and get through. I dunno if that makes any sense but I'm pretty frazzled. Someone lost a son a brother a friend a teammate and all round gentleman today.
Very true Coach.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Morell dude you need to relax on the statistics and all these words that ive never heard before. :lol: :lol:
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

How hard was Smith hitting the ball, great to watch and some great humour from Ian Gould the umpire
In my opinion at the point in time. You'd have to say that Steve Smith is the most consistent batsman in the lineup atm. Very talented batsman and he will be representing Australia for a very long time. Even could be the next captain. What do you all think?
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My comparison between the two would be the fact that they both are extremely consistent in the way they continually make runs. The way they both show patience and they both have very unique techniques. They can win the game off their own bat and can rescue Australia out of any bad circumstances. And obviously they both come in at No. 5.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steve Smith Australian Test Captain

Fully deserved
Remarkable improvement
I never anticipated East Coast Blonde Don Smith would be a regular Test cricketer

However, I have a concern
The timing

EC Smith has just scored 162 + 52 not out in his last test match and right now is at his peak
Is it the right time to burden him with the captaincy ?

Hopefully it does not affect his sensational form of recent times
I totally agree with ya Mal.

Wouldn't it be a better option to leave the captaincy to Haddin for the remainder of the test series. And give Smith the vice captaincy and let Clarke and Haddin teach Smith all the lessons he is going to need to be a captain that going to lead us for a long time?

I believe if we rush him into the captaincy too early, and especially atm with how good his form is. Could it unsettle him and put him under too much stress of making decisions and also worrying about his batting performance?
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi all,

Just my opinion,

Wouldn't it be a better option to leave the captaincy to Haddin for the remainder of the test series. And give Smith the vice captaincy and let Clarke and Haddin teach Smith all the lessons he is going to need to be a captain that going to lead us for a long time?

I believe if we rush him into the captaincy too early, and especially atm with how good his form is. Could it unsettle him and put him under too much stress of making decisions and also worrying about his batting performance?
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Well bowled Hazelwood

Go on son get a michelle

Big scalp for him there.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MJ needs the fire back (understandable why he may not have it at the moment)

If Mj can't find the aggression imho he will not see out the next Ashes series
Exactly what I was thinking mate. His biggest weapon is his ability to intimidate the batter with his fierce short bowling. He's a bit wayward this series. He needs to find it back or else he won't be making his trip to England next year. Apart from his very fast bowling, he doesn't have too much other variations to his bowling to offer (I.e; Out-swing, In-swing, Reverse-swing, etc....).
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a quick question.

When a batter reaches a milestone (i.e; 50 & 100, etc...) he puts his bat in the air to acknowledge his achievement. When a bowler takes 5+ wickets in an innings he puts the ball in the air to show his achievement.

When a wicket keeper takes 5+ dismissals, what does he do to show his achievement?

Just haven't seen anything and now that Haddin has taken 5 catches I thought there might be something they do.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

See with my previous post when he had taken 4 wickets. I had an epiphany that he would take 5. Go Hazellwood. If I was Siddle Id start to get used to representing Victoria for the rest of his career if Josh stays fit.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Krezja got 8fa

Gee wizz that's a name we haven't heard a lot off for a while. Think he's lost in the cricket wilderness.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:MJ is really having a good crack at it. When was his last ton? I think if he can get to 100 against India in our predicament earlier. It will be one of his greatest knocks.

Jinxed him

I know. My bad. :oops: ](*,)
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the Indians are bowling to the 10 and 11

granted they aren't the worst going around, but surely you set attacking fields

Like I've said earlier. Pitch the ball on off stump on the popping crease and they shouldnt have a problem either bowling them or getting a LBW.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S.Marsh?? Really? I think we're in trouble if we're relying on Watto and Marsh to bat themselves into form which I cant see happening anytime soon. Why not try some new fresh blood and get them ready for the Ashes series in England next year?
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could be a very boring 4th test.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:Only Ponting was a better fielder in Blewett's era

I beg to differ. I reckon Mark Waugh was probably our best fielder during that time.
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I played a few games in the reserves this year and then ended up playing in the c's. I umpired the 2014 season.

Did you win most unimproved?

Yep. And it looks awesome.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Real Number 3 wrote:Chris motley and Dylan brooks $400 /game at Brahma. will leave after the 1 year

That is such a waste of money. That's why footy is going down hill fast. No-one plays footy now because they want to play with their mates or because they enjoy playing at the club. Such a shame.
by Bombers4EVA
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would've thought that after playing in a winning final the previous year. You would be feeling pretty good and still on a high and see whether or not you can play in back to back finals. I just find myself bemused all the time of players leaving clubs that are in a higher div (especially those playing in winning premiership teams) to go play at a club in a lower grade. And don't tell me that there is no $$$$$ getting thrown around. That's a lie.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

If Cotchin becomes a Brownlow medalist it will be the end of me, only positive out of this is we don't have to see Stanton getting 30+ ineffective possessions this year :)

While the members have been great and supported the club thru all this, you have to wonder if their patience is being tested and whether this will have long term off field ramifications.

I think they'll struggle to get people on board when it's a second rate side they're fielding. Surely this will send them down with Carlton for some time.

The Essendon bench this season

http://images.fandango.com/ImageRenderer/0/0/redesign/static/img/default_poster.png/0/images/masterrepository/other/01_Replacements_Hackman.JPG
Great movie.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has a Eagle landed at Fitzroy?

Wasnt there talk of a few Eagles making there way to Torrens Rd way?
3 Eagles have made their way to Fitzroy, all played under the new Coach at his time at EFC.
Any names?

Need some quality signings to cover O'Reily and Francis.
Dont think they can recruit any new blokes as you guys and Brahma have taken them all.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OMFG this is amatuer footy. Wow he went to a meeting, got given free drinks at a social event, unveiled as a marquee player? Who does that in div 6?? No money has changed hands so I can't see what the big issue is. It's not like he's playing for Manchester United and signed a contract to play there. OMG people lighten up. Let the bloke go play anywhere he wants to.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't hate or like Brahma. Im just making a point on all this "Days of our Lives" crap that's going on. All because a bloke has decided to go play where his dad is coaching. If he was playing AFL and got drafted to a club and then decided he didnt want to play there after signing a contract. Well thats a different story than it is with what's going on here.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got our 2nd internal tonight. Then we have three coming up against Pulteney, Birdwood and St Peter's.
by Bombers4EVA
Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

SATCHEL wrote:Clearance Page down AGAIN!

Bloody Brahma Lodge at it again. Even Mitchell Park are probably stuffing the system up too.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

Sorry footy chick. Couldn't resist.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:How did the legendary Greg Kells go in the trial against Greenies??

played in the B's looked ok for a first run but has hurt his ankle pretty badly and having xrays today

Serious?? That's not good. Give him a few ciggies and he'll be right as rain.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Now lets see what Wade can bring. Time to prove that your batting skills are the reason why you've been picked.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Hanscomb. A well deserved knock. Can we say that 5th spot is rightly taken now. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great session boys. Really need these two to push on for a huge partnership.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ian Healy
Boring as **** batshit

Healy is such a flog for some of the comments he is making.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is bloody awesome to watch. A really talented young batsman who is really showing great potential and making lots of runs. I'd rather have Renshaw making runs and runs that seeing the Aussies get bowled out for under 200.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |