Search found 326 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

i guess it shows that clubs can get into trouble based on a structure of paying lots of players OR paying nobody..FUFC is also an example of this right now..you have to build a culture the players want to be around no matter if you pay some or you dont..huge influxes of players isnt always healthy either as you can also see the same numbers leave just as quickly..stick at it yankman..i hope you can get that second side on the park..

I can never understand why Flinders Uni struggles, especially considering the Adelaide Uni experience.

Obviously Flinders Uni can't match the traditions, history, strength and depth of the Blacks, but with such a ready, captive pool of recruits you would think they should never struggle for numbers (and for that matter ability).
You're not going to get the good players at Flinders Uni playing Div 7 in a team that has struggled for years when they can go to the Southern League right next door for good $$$
by The Riddler
Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Morell. How's it going at the den?
Hey matey.

Its going well.

Nah its no secret were struggling. Not sure on the details in regards to where we're heading just yet, a bit more water under the bridge I suspect.

Yanky would know more.

That's not good mate. Ive played many games against your club, especially in the A's and Ive found youo guys to be very competitive and also that the payers love playing for the club. I dont know whats happened but I think it will be a sad day if you guys fold. Hope you guys hang in there. Will you be sticking around this year? Thanks mate! Yeah its not one thing or even two or three things. Had a stack of retirements, a stack of kids who would rather munch disco biscuits at music festivals and a few guys who just wanted to try something different. Sucks that its sort of all happened at once.

There is still a core of half decent footballers who are passionate about the club. It will survive but we will probably have to look at how we structure the club internally, how we engage stakeholders, how we operate at the committee level, how we improve and encourage a healthy culture etc.

If we can hold on and survive until the current surge of juniors fills the seniors, the redevelopment of the complex and the Tonsley urban infill we will be right for many years to come.

Yeah I am playing. Unfortunately for all concerned except my direct opponent.
by morell
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
The Riddler wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Morning Riddler.

Morning

Coyote and Sheepdog?

:lol:
by The Riddler
Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is my uneducated opinion of a conceptual ladder

1. Rosewater
2. Mawson Lakes
3. Fitzroy
4. West Croydon
5. Ingle Farm
6. Blackfriars
7. Lockleys
8. Central United
9. Angle Vale
10. Mitchell Park

If you disagree, I don't care! But you can all still buy me a bourbon when I come into your clubrooms after the game! ;)
by the milky bar kid
Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Danky$$ wrote:Drove past rosewater last night and seen horse out there training...., is he going around again??

Surely not. Or could it be another one of hiscomebacks?? Maybe he sees another medal to add to his prized collections.

His collection has nothing on yours B4EVA
by Milly
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Golf Courses in South Australia

I used to be a member at TTG (while I was playing junior pennants there, so about 20 years ago) and had the privilege of playing at some of the best Metro and close surrounding courses ...

I rank these in this order...

1. Kooyonga
2. Grange East
3. Glenelg
4. TTG
5. Renmark CC
6. Flagstaff Hill
7. Riverside (or whatever it's called now)
8. Mt Lofty
9. Mt Osmond
10. Marino (or what ever it's called now, if it's even still there)
11. Highercombe (used to be a member there as well)

Also these were a couple of good "Country Courses"

12. The Blue Lake GC (I think that's what it's called in Mt Gambier)
13. Halls Gap GC (9 hole course, with Kangaroos everywhere and amazing scenery) (also not in SA but a good little course)
by Jase
Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:You gents need to play Kooyonga. End of discussion!

no worries moneybags :D
by bennymacca
Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had the pleasure of playing grange east course with Sorry Dude. Apart from the sh1t weather it was a great experience. The best course id been on prior wouldve been Mt Lofty.
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or you can try and build sustainable growth not based on attracting players from other clubs, but by building a successful junior football program and gaining an influx of 0 point players every year.

What the system does is prevent clubs moving through the divisions unsustainably and relying solely upon the recruitment of new players every year.

For lack of a better word, it rewards clubs who give something back to the game.
All well and good proving as an incentive for clubs to build sustainable growth and increase a focus around junior programs, but you've got to have the infrastructure and support around and within the club first before you can do that, also it take a long time to get a strong program operating properly - kids dont just drop out the sky, neither do volunteers.

Seeing more clubs dropping away rapidly with numbers, which is ultimately hurting the competition and other clubs but most of all hurting their own clubs and chance of development and success.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...What the system does is prevent clubs moving through the divisions unsustainably and relying solely upon the recruitment of new players every year...

So as I have argued for a while now, the rule is there to protect clubs from themselves. What a disgrace.

the points system is a massive fail ..we never needed it..didnt ask for it..had it shoved down our throats..

jo: what is your local club mate? do you know how long its takes to set up a junior program and have that program supplying players to the senior teams? what are clubs meant to do in the interim when they cant recruit more than 15 points worth of players each year and they have their depth/B grade players poached by other leagues who are desperate for zero pointers and pay them $100-200 a game? clubs want to rise in the divisions not tread water for 10 years..
by zedman
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Grand Finalists and spoon comp

DIV 1
Goodwood v TTG
Spoon Portland

DIV2
PAOC v Broadview
Spoon Gepps Cross

DIV 3
Seaton v Modbury
Spoon Kilburn

DIV 4
Eastern Park V Salisbury West
SPOON - Pulteney

DIV 5
Elizabeth V North Haven
Spoon Brahma Lodge

DIV 6
Rosewater v Mawson Lakes
Spoon Mitchell Park

DIV 7
Houghton v Adelaide Uni
Spoon: Wingfield

DIV 8
TTG V PAOC
SPOON - North Haven
by marbles
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DIV 1
Goodwood v Rostrevor
Spoon Port Districts

DIV2
SHOC v Broadview
Spoon PHOS

DIV 3
Plympton v Modbury
Spoon Kilburn

DIV 4
Golden Grove v Pooraka
Spoon Pulteney

DIV 5
CLG v North Haven
Spoon Brahma Lodge

DIV 6
Rosewater v Mawsons Lakes
Spoon Mitchell Park

DIV 7
Houghton v Smithfield

DIV 8
PNU V Golden Grove
SPOON - Salisbury
by Muffler
Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Div 1:
Goodwood v Gaza
Spoon: Portland

Div 2:
Broadview v Gepps Cross
Spoon: Flinders Pk

Div 3:
Modbury v Athelstone
Spoon: Kilburn

Div 4
Pooraka v Golden Grove
Spoon: Pultney

Div 5:
Greenacres v Para Hills
Spoon: Brahma Lodge

Div 6:
Rosewater v Mawson Lakes
Spoon: Mitchell Pk

Div 7:
Houghton v Smithfield

Div 8:
TTG v PNU
Spoon: Norh Haven
by BZB27
Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What will happen first...?

Wedgie wrote:Let's hope never. Interstate sides make a GF boring , 2 would be awful.

2006 West Coast v Sydney
2005 West Coast v Sydney
2004 Port v Brisbane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Sharksta
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Phantom's like that bloke for Collingwood in the cheer squad who gets dressed up and fires the boys up before and during each game.

Ah probably more like Johnny Haysman :lol:
johnny haysman.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

As a committee member and vice-captain of the club, I can tell you that no cash is handed to players unless they are in the best 5 that day. That's how it should operate - incentive based only - in my opinion.. would help stop average footballers chasing an easy pay packet every week.. They'd actually have to perform!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Its almost pretty simple though. No paying players, more players staying loyal to their local club.

Out of curiosity, how many players would your club (Mawson Lakes) have picked up and retained if it hadn't been for the lure of a few $$?

You must underestimate my power of persuasion Phantom ;)
by The Riddler
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I played in a C grade game against Fitzroy a few years ago under lights at their ground. Atmosphere was huge and it was a good experience. But saying that, it does give the home club the advantage to drop B grade players into the c grade to improve their side. Especially for teams needing to win to play finals.
Was that when you were playing for Para Hills? ;)

Every club will do what they feel is needed to get the most success they can, if you can afford to have players playing below their ability and get away with it then good on you, dont see an issue with it.
You blokes got me giggling as to who u think this is :lol:
by The Riddler
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Bombers4eva thinks noone should get paid for playing
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Brahma will get smashed in 2014
Kilburn will get smashed into oblivion
PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

*may have not learnt that
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Bombers4eva thinks noone should get paid for playing
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Brahma will get smashed in 2014
Kilburn will get smashed into oblivion
PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

*may have not learnt that
=D> =D> =D>
by The Riddler
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would hardly say went to town on brahma and kilburn. What was said is you can't always be at the top....someone has to finish bottom and when it's your turn you accept it. Doesn't matter how strong the losses are. Rosie's went through it and no one complained, we went with what we had. Kilburn are now seeing what neglecting juniors do and putting everything into an a grade side only. You can't cry poor when things turn sour! Brahma lodge went with payney and he had a fair following of players....he bought most to the club... And had very good success for 3 or 4 years...did the club think they were all going to stay when he left?? Unfortunately for them they didn't....so now they should go through hard times, not ask to drop down grades. That's my opinion, others will think different and say no point getting flogged but they didn't say we should go up 2 grades cos we are too good. Goes both ways
by Bradman
Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 5 is looking to be the most exciting round of the year. ;) Phantom
Correct, we have a band playing at the club on the Saturday night, should be a great night, cant wait.. 8)

So what's the reception for the 2013 Premiership coach going to be like?? Welcomed with open arms?? :)
You'll be fine mate

Hahahaha, you've been sure you know who this is for a while now PG, i'm not convinced you're right. ..............my thoughts have always been, ex player (coach), doesn't get to the club or games much any more, has Norwood as one of his teams and has a brother playing. Maybe not a blood brother but the B Grade full Forward has a familiar name........I know it is annoying you PG, but i reckon you're off the mark with who you think it is. :lol:
by old farmer
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahahaha, you've been sure you know who this is for a while now PG, i'm not convinced you're right. ..............my thoughts have always been, ex player (coach), doesn't get to the club or games much any more, has Norwood as one of his teams and has a brother playing. Maybe not a blood brother but the B Grade full Forward has a familiar name........I know it is annoying you PG, but i reckon you're off the mark with who you think it is. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: hate to say it but you're pretty far off the mark also Old Farmer
by The Riddler
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Hi.. umm we lost our home.. can we come live in here? :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

At Ingle Farm we are all poor so we come back and sometimes find more money in there than when we left
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[ah no danger at all. Think Rosies are a much improved side than last year and I reckon they'll account for Blackfriars for about 7 - 8 goals.
Massive danger game if you ask me, Rosies may be much improved but so are BOS judging by results so far.

Last season
Round 6: BOS lost by 16 points at Rosewater, at that stage Rosewater were undefeated with a % of 65.47 and BOS had recorded just the 1 win.
Round 15: BOS won by 43 points at home, Rosewater had only previously dropped one game leading into that match and sat top of the ladder while BOS were 5th.

That tells me that stack up reasonably well and that BOS are a far better side at home.. underestimate them at your peril..
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[ah no danger at all. Think Rosies are a much improved side than last year and I reckon they'll account for Blackfriars for about 7 - 8 goals.
Massive danger game if you ask me, Rosies may be much improved but so are BOS judging by results so far.

Last season
Round 6: BOS lost by 16 points at Rosewater, at that stage Rosewater were undefeated with a % of 65.47 and BOS had recorded just the 1 win.
Round 15: BOS won by 43 points at home, Rosewater had only previously dropped one game leading into that match and sat top of the ladder while BOS were 5th.

That tells me that stack up reasonably well and that BOS are a far better side at home.. underestimate them at your peril..
Incorrect, BOS were the first mob to knock us off. :D
by Mr Beefy
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a load of shit the last 3 pages are. The system won't change get over it :roll:
by carey
Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3-4 cracking games this week and were wasting our time dribbling about points players and old scholars
by carey
Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cohiba wrote:So ...what's your point.... :)
Honour comes from having a sense of equality when competing with your peers.
Paying players is not sustainable.
Some things are not in a clubs control.
The sport we love is in strife.
by morell
Mon May 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss me? :D
image.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue May 27, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone happen to catch the intellectually challenged lad tossing the coin at the Port power game. I heard he was from Ingle Farm . I thought it was a really nice touch. :)
Geez that narrows it down :lol:

I heard MBK was the first choice but he got a little boo-boo on Saturday and was too embarrassed to go out to the centre.
by wristwatcher
Tue May 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would want to play in a game like that? The article was a pump up of BOS when it really should have been focussed on the otherside of the coin, the AV situation. It wasnt a case of 21 v 21 that a side gets blown away through talent, it was a comprimised game, I'd hardly even want that sort of game to stand as a record, 15 v 9 or 12 is hardly a div 6 A grade game
by human_torpedo
Wed May 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:I'm getting ready for ladies day. :lol:

carey checking out the talent..

by zedman
Fri May 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't see the difference - sing it inside and out, the opposition is still going to hear it. Often it's sung in the middle of the oval, by which time the defeated side has wandered off anyway.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:I reckon he'd make an awesome coach someday.

Ah you're a good lad B4E :lol:

Unfortunately given you have managed to get 27 tips right this season out of a possible 50 so I have to doubt your knowledge and judgement :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop saying you volunteer your time when you are paid for your time!
Volunteers can be paid in cash, given non-cash benefits or given a combination of both cash and non-cash benefits. These payments are given various descriptions, including honorariums reimbursements (an honorarium can describe:an honorary reward for voluntary services; a fee for professional services voluntarily rendered) and allowances

Where a person’s activities are a pastime or hobby – rather than income producing – money and other benefits received from those activities are not assessable income

A payment that is not assessable to a volunteer will have many of the following characteristics.

The payment is to meet incurred or anticipated expenses.
The payment has no connection to the recipient’s income-producing activities or services.
The payment is not received as remuneration or as a consequence of employment.
The payment is not relied upon or expected by the recipient for day-to-day living.
The payment is not legally required or expected.
There is no obligation on the part of the payer to make the payment.
The payment is a token amount compared to the services provided or expenses incurred by the recipient. Whether the payment is token depends on the full facts surrounding the payment and recipient’s circumstances.

So in short - yes a volunteer can be paid and they still are classed as a volunteer.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But would people many be "volunteering" if there was no money involved? Doubt it.
Probably not as many, i'm sure you would still get some - those who want to stay involved/fit, or kids who do boundary/goals/scoreboard. The money is obviously just an added incentive to get people to put their hand up to help out.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our division smashes the other divisions on here when it comes to dribble to keep ourselves amused.
There should be a whole different thread to discuss anything crap. (For example; statistics on which way your ground is facing). WOW really amazing stuff there. ;)
Special comments there from B4E whose been MIA for weeks on end :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Who cares if Mawsons played old blokes in the C grade, not the first and wont be the last to do so.. They won the flag in C4, let them enjoy it..

West Croydon would have to be the team to beat this year, barring any major loss of players
by human_torpedo
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

rip Hughesy

The left handed openers club has lost one of its finest!

Sounds like he lived his life as a true gentlemen of the game which will mean his legacy will live on

Hopefully he keeps crashing them through gully with the other cricket tragicse we have lost through the journey
by whufc
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very sad, i am struggling to accept the news to be honest. I convinced myself he would pull through! Although a lot of us don't see eye to eye on this forum, it's times like these that being part of the SA Footy community gives us a place where we can talk about such a tradegy and try and get through. I dunno if that makes any sense but I'm pretty frazzled. Someone lost a son a brother a friend a teammate and all round gentleman today.
by Coach Bombay
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On November 16, Australia lost its 27th Test captain Ian Craig and his passing left barely a ripple on the Australian public, excepting some eulogies in the sports media.
In fact, Sheffield Shield players in the South Australia versus Victoria game taking place at the time did not even wear black armbands, leaving some long-time cricket commentators disappointed.
Craig played just 11 Tests for Australia, between 1953 and 1958.
For such a short career, he achieved much: he was the youngest Australian Test cricketer and became the youngest man ever to have captained his country.
So much was expected of this young man that he was labeled the next Don Bradman, an 'honour' with mixed blessings bestowed on many young Australian cricketers over the next 50 years.
It was a false title because, as we all know, there could only be one Don.
Like Craig, Phillip Hughes, who passed away just 11 days later, was a young batting prodigy who came from New South Wales and was labeled the 'next big thing'; thankfully, the title of the 'next Don Bradman' being passed to talented batsmen had all but faded by the time Hughes made his Test debut against South Africa, 56 years after Craig had stepped out to face the same country.
Hughes' youth at the time of selection, 20, saw him also go on to achieve records for his nation – the youngest player to score two centuries in the same Test being the most notable.
Both men were born in rural New South Wales; Craig in Yass, and Hughes in Macksville.
By all reports, they were unaffected by the fame which playing for their nation attracted to them.
Craig's career was short, only five years, and featured just two half-centuries.
Illness and then a business career curtailed what could have been a lengthy stay under the Baggy Green.
A pharmacist, Craig eventually became the Australian manager of a significant pharmaceutical business and remained involved in cricket as an administrator, passing away in that famous cricketing town of Bowral, aged 79.
And that is where the tragedy lies in the death of Phillip Hughes.
Our nation has not mourned the loss of a player in the midst of his career since the infinitely talented Archie Jackson (who played his first Test as a 19 year old), died at the age of 23 in 1933, during the infamous Bodyline tour.
Ian Craig retired from cricket at the age of 26, a milestone Hughes was to have attained on Sunday.
While we will never know whether Hughes would have played Tests for Australia again and we will never know how many runs he would have scored, the real tragedy is that he was so young.
While Ian Craig's passing was sad, it came at the end of a life that had achieved much and given to so many.
Like Archie Jackson before him, Phillip Hughes will never have that chance.
And that is the reason so much grief has been expressed by cricket lovers across the world.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got home last night and my 11yo was in tears, old enough to understand what went on but to young to understand how fragile life is. Cried himself to sleep last night and it broke my heart.

We found Phil's signature on his autograph bat from last year, something for him to treasure.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this whole move is surely a grab at ensuring footballers from the high school continue on to SPOSFC, because i gather when they leave high school they are not heading to mawson lakes fc anymore and are being lost

this is is a private school enterprise trying keep a leash on their high school graduates

why do they need to keep a leash on them?

well would the high school be at ease if the sacred heart high school footballers, went to play for henley after graduating?
by marbles
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Excuse my ignorance, but who is the new entity going to be? Since it was a "re-branding" as far as I can tell, then its not a splitting of 2 merged clubs, is Mawson Lakes FC going to be the new entity est 2015? or is SPOSFC going to be?

It seems strange if SPOSFC join as a seperate club from Mawson Lakes, essentially starting fresh, but then they just go "oh, and yeh we will have the history of the club that is now Mawson Lakes".. Or, will Mawsons take the history from when they were re-branded, and SPOSFC before that? Its seems very messy and somewhat unnecessary IMO
by human_torpedo
Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Not sure who wrote it, just found it on a mates. Facebook and he got it from somewhere

The batsman was in great form, his strokes both crisp & clean,
He’d battled to his half century – three figures was his dream.

On a wicket he’d grown up on against his mates playing for the Blues,
He was battling for a higher selection – he wasn’t going to lose.

For he’d always been a fighter – the next Bradman they dared to say,
He was unorthodox; they would expose his faults….. but boy could this kid play!

He’d honed his craft in Macksville – a boy playing amongst the men,
He was surely going to wear the green and gold – it was just a case of when.

He’d cut and hooked and slashed his way to get to sixty three,
And then a ball sat up and beat his blade…. Surely it could not be!

He must have thought ‘how’d I miss that chance to smash another four?’
As eleven white clothed angels cradled him on the green SCG floor.

He’s padded up in heaven now – on the best wicket he’s even seen,
Facing up to the worlds best bowlers, he desperately wants that Baggy Green.

For he is forever chasing the thirty seven more runs he needs for that century
And the glory, the mateship, that chance to shine - sadly it cannot be.

We’ve lost a gem in Hughesy – Test cricketer number 408,
He was about to step up once again. This time he’d be great.

Twenty six Tests isn’t enough – we wish you’d had some more,
You’ve left us far too early – our tears wont flow, they’ll pour.

So raise your bat Phillip Hughes – a champion there is no doubt,
Forever in our hearts you remain – 63 not out.
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have never punched a chick in my life but, Wow was I close tonight.

Some loud mouth drunken bum in the bar in Port Pirie, mouthy off about Phil Hughes. Not even going to post the shit this 2bit gutter slag was carrying on about. Probably 11 kids to 9 different Dads. She was a class act. God I was close I tell ya. Haven't got that mad in a long time.

She was even drinking a VB can. Pig.
by carey
Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |