Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

BOS by 68 today. Superb team effort and just did not allow Mawson's to get into the game.
Appalling umpiring, and I mean appalling.
by wassprinttospace
Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When are BOS and Rosies due to play? Grand Final preview?

Long, long way until the big dance mighty, but BOS are going ok. Just need to get the 2's up to win a game.
Out of curiosity, when was the last time BOS had a genuine competitive B grade side?

They played in prelim in the club's 2nd year in 2007, then played an elimination final in div 5 in 2008. Since then the b grade has been very much treading water.
I'd expect that as we enter our second decade as a club in the next couple of years we will start to get older A graders dropping back to finish of their playing days in the B's and maybe some others returning from other clubs to play out a couple of seasons at BOS.
This is our 9th year in the comp and having been involved in the start up i'll be honest and say i didn't think it would last this long as it is tough work keeping footy clubs going especially ones that are not suburban clubs.
Playing list is currently still made up of probably 80% old scholars and their mates, very competitive on field with a fantastic major sponsor in the Wellington Hotel, North Adelaide for the last 6 years who contribute a great deal to the financial and social side of the club.
Hats off to those who are now running the show.
by wassprinttospace
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It'd be pretty funny if you didn't pick em in the B's :lol:
Yeah sorry boys we cant win this week, I didn't pick us on the Footy forum :lol:
Just on our Bgrade Saturday was the best win I have been involved in as a coach thus far. To be 40 points down at one stage and 5 goals down at half time to come back was outstanding. Half the side I have at the moment went through last year 0 and 18 in 5reserves and for them to get to the prelim this year is a mighty effort and with the same attitude we haven't stopped yet. OK enough pumping up our tyres. ;)

And still 29 points down at 3 qtr time the WC B grade's last quarter on Saturday was outstanding, Ingle farm just stopped.
by wassprinttospace
Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Some important games in the overall scheme of things today with Rosewater and Pulteney getting the job done over CLG and Para Hills respectively and BOS getting over Elizabeth after giving up a 40 odd point head start to the Eagles.

5 rounds to go and it will be tough for Greenacres, Pulteney and Elizabeth to make the top 5 with the first 2 needing to make up 3 wins and percentage and Elizabeth needing to make up 2 wins and percentage.

As for the top 5 anything can happen here as there are a few key fixtures between these teams -

Rd 14 - CBC v Rosewater at CBC
Rd 15 - BOS v Rosewater at BOS
Rd 17 - Para Hills v CLG at CLG
Rd 18 - CBC v Para Hills at CBC
by wassprinttospace
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Not sure why he's tip-toeing around it.

Let's assume he means the prodigal son/Sideshow Bob/ The Big H returning to Lockleys. :lol:

well the 2 clubs ARE very close geographically! :)

H is a LFC junior.
De Tulio is his mate.
Raffanelli is a LFC junior.
Broughton signed with FP last year but never played a game for them.

Lockleys clearly flag favourites now Zed :)
by wassprinttospace
Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty handy forward line developing at Smithfield, if they play the smaller pockets of St. Dom's correctly they'll cause some damage with the delivery of the likes of Garner, Gollan, Cook and Lane.

You still umpiring the 2's LM?

Should be a couple of good games tomorrow. You probably won't recognise the place, there's grass on the playing surface these days and a bar!
by wassprinttospace
Fri May 20, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

that was right in front of the premiership reunion tent . he absolutely nailed it and told us all about it straight after. we may have suggested he wasn't up to it as he was approaching for his kick. good composure.

two critical turnovers by us late in the last quarter really hurt.

a few lads were getting all sorts of advice from that tent late in the day!

the reversal free kick with the yellow card on the far wing hurt you..

in the first quarter we gave away a free kick in your forward lines..a scuffle occurred..you had 2 sent off for yellows but retained the free kick..couldnt work that one out..

just playing our role Zed. we had a good day ... and night.
by wassprinttospace
Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A fantastic day for our club yesterday.

We traveled to Smithfield and our B grade turned a 97 point round 8 loss into a 1 point round 17 win. Then the A grade turned a 38 point half time deficit into a 2 point win.

This all lead into our heritage dinner last night celebrating our first 10 years in the SAAFL that was attended by 160 people, the largest gathering our club has ever had at an event.

1 week until finals and the top 5 in both the A and B grade comps of div 5 are still being shaped.
by wassprinttospace
Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Fitzroy aren't merging.

and neither are BOS
by wassprinttospace
Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Intense game at Lockleys today. We never looked like we were going to win but hung in there and reduced a 3-4 goal margin 3 times to get back to 3 points. But in the end couldn't get in front. Lockleys used the ball better across the four quarters. Some bone crunching clashes in a game played in great spirit.
by wassprinttospace
Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Anyone know if in finals you can play the whole squad or just 22? I know the Grand Final is 25

I don't know what the rule is on this Brodlach, I went looking on the SANFL site but it did not say a number specifically, but it does say this -

8.8 GRAND FINAL SQUAD SIZES
8.8.1 Under 12 to 14 Competitions, clubs must declare qualified and registered player
numbers by Tuesday midday of the week of the Grand Final. Once notified SANFL
Juniors will advise all clubs of the numbers to play on Grand Final day.

My son played in an under 13 GF on Sunday for a club with 27 qualified players. The opposition club had 27 players who had played at least 1 game for the year. They had 24 that had played the required 6 games under rule 8.7.1, the other 3 played one game only according to the official team numbers. My sons team had 27 who played the required 6 games. I can find nothing in the rules that states the maximum squad size.

The upshot of it all is that 3 players from my sons team had to miss the GF on Sunday so that both teams had an equal number of players. The boys were rotated fairly all year to give them all 12 or 13 games in a 16 game season and then come GF day 3 miss out.

IMHO this must be addressed. How do we expect to keep boys and girls playing our great game when that happens. From under 15's or 16's on then play equal team sizes or limit it to 22, they are older and more mature to understand but it would still be very disappointing none the less to miss out.
by wassprinttospace
Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

If you can't make the first 22 on grand final day maybe start looking for another club. I know there are a number of clubs out there that are happy to take your subs and then string you along by telling you to keep training but you never really get a whole lot of game time. Even when you do get selected most of your game will be on the bench. There are plenty of clubs who will give you plenty of game time and are great clubs to be involved with. Sometimes parents won't take their kids to a certain club because of certain reputations of the seniors. I think in many cases the juniors is run by people who are fairly separate from the senior side and do a great job. Reputation is something that hangs with your club for a very long time even after you make many changes and it becomes a great environment for juniors. At the end of the day all your kid wants to do is play footy so take the time to look into the clubs around you. You will find that many great people are running these junior clubs.

So every club should just have a list of 22 - not sure that would work. Our under 13's all got equal games and equal game time during the season with a squad of 27. That's down to excellent management by the coaches and team manager and not just focusing on the scoreboard. They lost 4 of their 13 minor round games.

In the end this squad won the GF and all were awarded a medal including the 3 who did not get to play. Credit to them and their parents for ensuring they were still there on the day when they could have said stuff this i'm not really part of it. I've seen that in senior footy on GF day which is is ordinary.

These are 12/13 year olds. I am as competitive as the next person but what i saw on Sunday made me think is this the way it should be. My son played and i was so pleased for him and all his team mates - all 26 of them!
by wassprinttospace
Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

I like their recruit no.5 on their Facebook page

Why football clubs make their Facebook pages public i'll never know! :? especially when they announce recruits on it

Probably it's done to promote the club mighty. The big secrets are kept in house. Our club is proud of our ability to recruit players who want to play for us and our coaches are happy to publicise it. You'd be surprised what the impact is inside the playing group with these announcements now that they've hit the track.
by wassprinttospace
Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Ugly game of football at dolphin park. BOS had a high press which bottled the game. BOS hurt CBC on the counter. Hillman was smart enough to bring his man up the ground then nudge his man under the ball with space behind him.

I heard it was a bit of an arm wrestle DT when I caught up with the lads on Saturday night.

I was much pleased with our 2's digging deep after being outplayed for much of the game to hit the front with a minute to play. Our first win in the 2's against CBC in our short history as well.
by wassprinttospace
Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Just a short promo for our games v Lockleys FC tomorrow.

A few people at BOSFC have been busy working behind the scenes to create a partnership with the Mary Potter Foundation Inc to recognise the work this valuable organisation does and help raise funds for their continued work.

Tomorrow will see a special game day jumper worn for the first time. It also ties in with our annual Ladies Day which recognises the contribution that many ladies make to our club and the game we love and will become a tradition going forward.
by wassprinttospace
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2020

Well done to Hectorville in the A's today, too good in the end. Well done to our guys in the reserves and C's.

Very frustrating to watch with the way it was umpired. Felt it spoilt what was a high intensity, physical game of footy.

Our club has come a long way from last years results, and now with a C grade running for the first time there is a really positive feel around the club moving forward.
by wassprinttospace
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concussion

tigerpie wrote:Anyone find it odd that with all the concussion education going on ex players are lining up to box on during gather round?

Yep, it’s more than just odd, it’s ridiculous.
by wassprinttospace
Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |