Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

No apology needed, but accepted and we all move on. All the best Wayne
by Inallseriousness
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agreed, its not a big deal. I'm certainly not Obama, nor did I bring the issue up. I really don't care about it. I will continue to present myself to the opposition coach each and every week, win lose or draw. I look forward to meeting up once again with zedman this week. Should be a good game.

On a positive the BL and IF players played the game in good spirits and it was a good contest. The result went our way this time but BL will improve a lot on that performance and will be contenders come the pointy end of the season.
by Inallseriousness
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All the best Wayne. The other stuff on here is just pure speculation. Only a few people know the real reason/situation...I just hope they can like what they see when they look in the mirror. The mirror doesn't lie.
by Inallseriousness
Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Media

Love how wristwatcher gets ALL the credit....lol
by Inallseriousness
Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Media

the milky bar kid wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Love how wristwatcher gets ALL the credit....lol

Is it true he's been suspended for using vulgar language during the last division 1 report?

He received a warning but 'Pearce' is now a household name!
by Inallseriousness
Mon May 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Think it is important that the efforts of Jamie Clarke-Rantassa with 16 goals is recognised....that is a fantastic effort whichever way you look at it. Congratulations Jamie
by Inallseriousness
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also would like to thank and acknowledge the hospitality of Smithfield Football Club last weekend. The game was a lot closer than the final score suggests. The way the game was played by both sides was really good to see, hard and physical, no head high stuff and a good display of sportsmanship by all concerned.
by Inallseriousness
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to tomorrow Zedman...will catch up with you after the game!
by Inallseriousness
Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

I heard the Diff was apologetic BUT also said to Scheff "if you wanna play finals you better play me this week!"
by Inallseriousness
Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No...don't think I ever saw Paton play at CHB...lol. There is not enough research completed. If you get named in best players often you will probably make the team. I think they would be better off asking coaches to nominate players and then you get in there based on number of votes you get. We are the ones who should know as we spend a lot of time planning against opposition and know who cuts us up and who doesn't. Don't think they will ever get it perfect but the one published last week was ignorant and so out of tune it wasn't funny.
by Inallseriousness
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

giffo wrote:Might want to swap Voyzey & Paton.

Yep, agree...Paton never played full back BUT at least its a lot better than the other TOTY named!! :D
by Inallseriousness
Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Regarding pre xmas training - each to their own I reckon. Personally I am a fan of having a few runs just to get everyone together and lay the ground rules. I also like to set expectations for post xmas return conditioning, that way players know what is expected and hopefully if they are serious about their footy and success they will come back in better shape. There is not a lot of time between mid Jan and Round 1 (approx. 11 weeks). Its also important for new recruits to be introduced to the other players as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with mates getting together and having a bit of a run. Don't see how having a few runs and then a 3-4 weeks xmas break is gonna lead to burn out!
by Inallseriousness
Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

jo172 wrote:Realistically, if you can't take someone at their word you don't want them at your club anyway.

True that!....If anyone has been involved in the countless hours of recruitment in the last 4-5 years they will all tell you...this situation happens a lot. Part of the process unfortunately! :roll:
by Inallseriousness
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ideally, none. But that will never happen. I see what your points are and I understand that. Im just saying that in this div. Which is why we are in a Div 6 forum. I believe that players shouldn't be looking for cash incentives to play at a club. Whether that be new or existing players.
Never been offered any dosh mate?
Are you referring to best on ground awards? Or match day payments? Ive played a lot of A grade footy and I will say that I probably wasn't in the top 10 best players in that side (probably why I was never asked he he). But it never was an option to ask or look for it. Even when I went to play at another club (a higher division). I didn't look or ask for any incentive.
Things have changed mate.

Things have definitely changed. I have conducted about 30 'recruitment' player interviews over the past 8 weeks.....only 6 have not asked for money....only ONE was offered a contract. I can certainly see how some clubs get sucked in to try and buy a premiership tho! Im pretty happy continuing to develop the 10 U18's that played A grade last year...with a full senior season under their belt we should see solid improvement in their 2nd year
by Inallseriousness
Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Returning premiership player, wanting to come back to play with some mates. Only left to show respect to John Beer, which i admire him for.. Always said he'd be back and we are very happy to have his 70 odd goals back too. Something we definitely lacked last season. [/quote]

250 reasons a game to be back with some mates ;)[/quote]

haha....yes, the speculation continues....but really - no idea! I'd love to know how many posters on here ACTUALLY are involved with recruitment of players and know what is really going on and what players are asking for or even given. From what I read it doesn't seem that there are too many! The speculation and making up stuff is quite amusing at times :roll:
by Inallseriousness
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Word around the traps is west croyden are very confident of going through the season undefeated

they might!

West Croydon
Adelaide Lutheran
Trinity
Woodville South
Brahma Lodge

Ingle Farm
Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes
Houghton
Mitchell Park

very hard to do a ladder now without the knowledge of ins and outs..no disrespect intended to any clubs i have put in the bottom 5..div 7 clubs coming up need to prove they can mix it..and div 5 clubs coming down need to show why they were div 5 previously..the rest is pretty much as it was last season with a little drop to fitzroy and a few rungs higher for the lodge..

Way too early to be doing this....Mid Feb when some clearances are in might be a better time....even then...who knows!
by Inallseriousness
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maybe going to Div 4 was going to be to much of a challenge for some of these players and not as committed to para hills or dedicated to the training required, so opted out going to lower divisions
Maybe some of these players are the wrong side of 30 and winding down their playing days.. maybe some didn't want to go to D4.. maybe some didn't want to commit.. maybe some didn't like the new coaching appointment.. maybe some came to play with mates.. maybe some had agreed before last year..

Plenty of reasons why players change clubs every year.

Maybe some...were impressed with the B grade coach at Ingle Farm?
by Inallseriousness
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:mixed netball and cricket before football sounds like a great pick up hopefully worth it

Funny, the guy did the same thing last year in Div 5, kicked 70 odd goals and kicked 6 in a GF.......I'll take my chances lol
by Inallseriousness
Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okc so you would play for free but para hills and ingle farm throw cash at you ????? The nerve of them

probably pertinent to relate this quick story about OKC since he seems to be copping some very unnecessary bs on here..

when CLG decided it was in their best interests to remove me after losing the preliminary final in 2014 it was a fairly depressing time for a few days..i was soon lifted by the many messages of support i received and offers to apply for various coaching roles were also very kind..but i also received an email out of the blue from OKC reflecting on his thoughts on what had happened and wishing me all the best for 2015..

i had never spoken or conversed in anyway with the guy except to coach against him but he took the time to send me a personal email..thats something i wont forget..i think that shows the quality and sincerity of the man..haters are gunna hate..

Thanks mate. Appreciate it.

Both quality people zedman and OKC.....happy that I have got to know both of you....onwards and upwards for us all
by Inallseriousness
Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Saw a small number of Ingle Farm lads getting in an extra session at the snake pit last night. Keen.

Was a good session and feedback was they all enjoyed it...lol

By small number, I'm sure you mean 22....enough for 2 beach cricket teams which got abandoned when the ball broke...lol
by Inallseriousness
Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gday all I am the coach of the smosh F.C and also the person in questions father, we find ourselves in a bit of a predicament here but he has a meeting on Tuesday night so hopefully they parties can come to some sort of agreement and hopefully my son can come and play footy with me at smosh, I do want to state that my son has to take some responsibility here as he did originally sign to play with blodge, but as soon as was given the job to coach at a higher level he wanted to test himself which I was happy with because I Think he is a bit better than div 5, when I was the coach of lodge in one of the years he requested to go back to E.P to have a crack at div 1 we let him go as it was a great opportunity for him. I can catergorly say his decision to want to play for smosh has nothing to do with coin cause his offer at lodge far out ways what he has been offered at smosh. At the end of the day I hope the right decision is made for the better of both parties..and we can move on with the season just around the corner.every coach in the competition wants the best players available and will do what ever it takes to get them but this holds a bit more for me cause he is me kid..
I'm sure a resolution will be made for both parties to move forward and learn from.

Can't believe it has got to the stage where the father of the young bloke has to get on here and defend what is going on. Surely reading that Brahma can just suck it up and release him without the meeting needing to take place?! :roll:

I wonder if the players had the same stance of 'contractual obligations' in 2013 (particularly late in the season) a premiership would not have been won...two way or one way street?
by Inallseriousness
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ty Allen big loss for Luthies
by Inallseriousness
Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

M.P this week anyone know of a good pizza bar near by nothing like a good pizza after the game for the drive home

Michelangelos on Winston avenue mate..$11 large pick up..

quality win to the raiders beating a finalist from last year..well done..very happy to see paul and his boys get the points also..i hope that helps with his recovery!

thanks mate.....congrats on your win last Saturday....good to see both clubs promoted winning in Round 1 :D
by Inallseriousness
Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:
*p.s. - sorry inallseriousness for breaking my media ban* :(

Was there ever any doubt that would happen :lol:

That's a fine :D
by Inallseriousness
Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

either Ingle Farm trying to play funny buggers or no communication between people at the club :)

i could of sworn inallseriousness was the coach

haha...those that need to know know...both playing in the A's :D

maybe go up the page and change your post you say he is playing B grade but named in the As or do i assume you talking shit

lol....like normal....you can assume whatever you like. Maybe, I like to see people do some research rather than handing information to them on a platter. No big deal, they are both playing A's :D
by Inallseriousness
Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reasonably ironic seeing and hearing the vile vitriol spilling from the IF A grade coach at the young central umpire. Something about rocks perhaps
Less said about the quality of umpiring the better in that A grade match.. I don't want to have a crack at umpires - obviously we need them for games but couple quick points.
A) Dont think it was the A grade coach making comments, I was next to him the entire match, think you will find one of the support staff made have said things - and they were pulled up on it when it happened.. We even more supporters away from the area who we thought were getting carried away.
B) Not sure comparing supporters hurling abuse at a kid volunteering is the same as someone who is an apparent semi professional, appointed, neutral adult..

Wow..Classic case of mistaken identity. The IF A grade coach takes responsibility for the conduct of his support staff and will continue to do so, he understands that he is ultimately responsible for this. Having said that, he does take exception to being publicly identified INCORRECTLY though!
by Inallseriousness
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Rules for some and not for others it would seem..

:roll:

Of course u don't buy it. What on earth would b CBC's motivation for playing a C grader unregistered? Why would we make up a fake registration to play him? Look someone has obviously made a mistake here, is it worth taking 5 wins away from the c grade? No. There is no malice or intent here.

So what was the motivation to play him against IF, AFTER being advised that he was not cleared before the game? Surely that is intent? :roll:
by Inallseriousness
Wed May 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

After hearing of the exit of Sumner (best player in the comp last year), Phillips and Matty Mac I will change my tip and slip in ingle Farm for West Croydon. Good to hear that these two blokes are looking to ply their trade at a higher level but certainly won't help WC.
Do Ingle Farm still have the same coach as last year? That guy that did the TV show - Manuel? I heard he has a bad heart attack? If Bedgegood is the new coach I'll change my tip to someone else. I hope that was only phantom gossip[/quote]

Yes, IF have the same coach, survived the health scare and is very much looking forward to the season :D
by Inallseriousness
Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Based on all the comments coming out from ingle farm about no Timmy Boy could make Brahma more dangerous are cooked

if anything when they need the goals to be kicked he will not be kicking them HUGE OUT

Haha, obviously he is a very good player!

I also think Houghton will be a more dangerous opponent in 2017 without Dolan! :lol:
by Inallseriousness
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
coman wrote:
FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:relax mate i am just having a bit of fun never hurt anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can have fun without disrespecting the club mate.

Calling Ingle Farm "scrubbers" is an upgrade and should be considered a compliment :twisted: .

:lol: at least we aren't playing Para Hills this year!
by Inallseriousness
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

relax mate i am just having a bit of fun never hurt anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can have fun without disrespecting the club mate.

disrespecting the club??get a life will you i said they were scrubbers and won't win the flag..and you are from Smithfield lol :lol: :lol:
I would be glad to pop down your local and have a beer with you mate.

Really? Can I come too?
by Inallseriousness
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Thanks to Ricky, Trevor and all at Rosewater Footy Club for the hit out today. A good game played in hot conditions. All the best for the year and well done for moving on from the issues last year. The club is in good hands going forward.
by Inallseriousness
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Robb_Stark wrote:Ingle Farm and mawson lakes wont win

:lol: :lol:
by Inallseriousness
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who are Ingle Farms best players? Who do we think are their biggest challengers?[/quote]

Serious?? It's round 1!!!! Our challengers are every team in Div 6.! It's going to be an interesting year that will be extremely competitive. Thinking any longer than our next opponent will be fraught with danger! Others can speculate and predict....we won't be doing that....that's for certain. We will respect our opponents each and every week. We are just a pretty even team with reasonable depth.
by Inallseriousness
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Talking to some of the TOSers since and they were genuinely impressed.

But, Dave is experienced enough to know flags are not won 'because you've come down from div 5' and definitely aren't won in March.

Nor in April :lol:
by Inallseriousness
Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disclaimer : The views and comments made by Zartan quite often do not reflect those views of the Ingle Farm Football Club.
by Inallseriousness
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Masha wrote:
oldman wrote:Still think Ingle Farm are going to be "BEDGER THAN GOOD" They and Elizabeth are the benchmark

Speaking to someone from Eliz last night and they have about 14 still to come back across all grades. Scary.

Hasn't everyone got that problem at the moment?
by Inallseriousness
Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stats and a cliché.. Gee the Ingle Farm lads have been put through some strenuous media training leading into this year..
We have a sports psychologist, and media adviser come in the club once a week for a 90 minute session to help the players with media training and handling situations both on and off the field.
Did the coaches have the same training or did you just not take anything on board? ;)

We did but Zartan was indisposed, either attending child birth or sampling canteen food....can't remember which one
by Inallseriousness
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Zartan did not attend because he was plotting the down full of the A grade coach......

Ingle Farm to lose by 4 goals and the coach to ponder why he cant beat a tosser

*fall
And
Managed to beat a tosser when you played at Houghton last year :lol:
by Inallseriousness
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Given the chat about A1 tribunal reports and red cards can't find any on the leagues site.
Can anyone show me where they appear given it is 5 days after the round.
Maybe there were none.

Go to http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/tribunals-investigations/ then click on Tribunal List 2017. The tribunal hearings for reports from last Saturday's games aren't listed yet. There is usually a few days delay.
2 games for attempting to strike?

Would that be like throwing a haymaker but missing?

What do the numbers in brackets mean in the matches column eg 2 (1) or 0 (1) etc? is that a sentence and then a suspended sentence?

Spot on
by Inallseriousness
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="oldman"]Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?[/quote

All the opposition has to do on a behind is refuse to kick the spare ball in and instead go and retrieve the 'match ball'. If I was an opposition B grade coach I would be speaking to my umpire about it before the game, they get the defensive end anyway.....problem solved :lol:
by Inallseriousness
Fri May 05, 2017 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?

a lot of time is wasted whilst the opposition have the ball as well..get rid of them and then you can just pile the goals on like a training drill.. 8)

Much like last year's gf

if you say so..where you there?? :shock: 8)

the reserves coach hogged quality players and left the A grade and their coach to be relegated as he got his flag..this year the A grade is much stronger..hence, so are the reserves..

How does a Reserves coach hog players to the detriment of the A grade? Either allowed from above or not strong enough A grade coach! Can't see Zartan doing that :lol:
by Inallseriousness
Fri May 05, 2017 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sinister23 wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:Ingle Farm very busy lately on the recruitung front. Is it top end talent or just more depth for the club?

Noticed Brandon Rigney has put a clearance back through to Ingle Farm. He was an absolute superstar as a Junior, just had some issues controlling his temper.[/quote

Matured nicely ;)
by Inallseriousness
Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Houghton - Tyson Roling cant kick to save his life.[/b]

Not saying it made a difference, not saying it didn't.. but fact remains Houghton led 2.0 to 0.0 and the next 2 simple shots on goal missed, letting a chance slip to take a healthy lead into the 1st break.. then missed a set shot early in the 2nd quarter, which made Q realise you were no good and he had to start dropping barrells from down town to kick goals :lol:

Prop cost the team the game with those misses. :P ;)

*Edit* - just realised that you guys kicked 11. 3 for the day :D

Ummm....scores were IF 2-6 to HD 2-2 at quarter time 8 scoring shots to 4....don't know about 'chance to take a healthy lead into quarter time'...and IF had 9-14 at one stage and from there kicked 18-6. If it wasn't for the efforts of Q the result would have been much worse. He was clearly the best for HD and despite his attempted barrel he played a very good game
by Inallseriousness
Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I personally heard them to cooper, beaty and Harvey. There's a fine line with what you can and can't say and that was tested. Sounded a lot like you unless ingle farm have another loud and cuddly looking guy in their coaching staff?

Lol....You are kidding me aren't you? Cooper was chirpy all day to our bench, Beaty was an absolute star on the day and the less said about Harvey who punched Grant in the face and should be missing the next 4-6 weeks the better. Players and coaching staff went into your club after the game, both coaches spoke for 15 minutes to each other with genuine respect....move on and play on
by Inallseriousness
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:Lol....You are kidding me aren't you?

Why do you hate Fitzroy? :(

We will have a chat tomorrow ;)
by Inallseriousness
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His demeanour was poor all day, attempted intimidation of the small Ingle Farm midfielders at every opportunity - I don't recall many stoppages in the first half where he didn't wander over to the stoppage and push or shake one of the smaller mids for no reason before the ball up.

However the incident in question was when he maliciously and very intentionally head butted the Ingle Farm defender a long way off the ball - smashing his nose. Have heard tonight the comment to the umpire when alerted to it was "it's not a head butt, just pushed him away with my head". Broken nose, concussion and very limited input into the remainder of the game when actually on.

Pretty average, but possibly not surprising action from a bloke whose just come off an 8 game suspension for a king hit off the ball.

Should get no less than 10, and won't ever play football again. Don't think Westies are losing anything from it though, his ruck work and general football ability was putrid - he isn't fit to clean the boots of an A grader, let alone be one.

Now, back to my quiet corner! :D

Prediction is surely an 8 game ban similar to Ingle Farm forward for behind the ball king hit in round 12.

Clubs in glass houses ;) ;)

Big call from the U.S! Similar to a 'king hit' from a 17yr old and the bloke who got hit didn't even come off the ground with the blood rule, compared to a bloke 6ft 8 in delivering a massive head butt giving concussion a broken nose and no further part in the game! I do agree neither have any part in our game! We take responsibility for Round 12, will SW take responsibility for today? We will be filing a report.......wait and see!
by Inallseriousness
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Banning the whole club from finals for an Incident involving 1 idiot is just outrageous lol pull your head in mate

15 years of incidents from multiple idiots.

Well just on this guy...8 weeks for striking in Round 3. Yesterday, does another very very poor act, comes off with blood rule and then gets put back on the field and continues to play like an idiot. So......

As a club and particularly a coach we all know it is difficult to control the actions of every individual however, here you have a repeat offender and in a way they have condoned this behaviour by putting him back on the field. They had a choice to make a stand that culturally they are changing and actions like that won't be tolerated.

If they are working towards improving, they now have an opportunity to take a stand against one 'idiot' and take action themselves, if they don't there are serious problems there. Again, actions taken by clubs against their own idiots sends a very strong message to the league that they do not condone the behaviour and will rid the club of theses people to send a message to all players that the whole club's image will not be tarnished by one or two individuals.

Given the way it was handled yesterday I don't expect anything proactive.
by Inallseriousness
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Banning the whole club from finals for an Incident involving 1 idiot is just outrageous lol pull your head in mate

15 years of incidents from multiple idiots.

Well just on this guy...8 weeks for striking in Round 3. Yesterday, does another very very poor act, comes off with blood rule and then gets put back on the field and continues to play like an idiot. So......

As a club and particularly a coach we all know it is difficult to control the actions of every individual however, here you have a repeat offender and in a way they have condoned this behaviour by putting him back on the field. They had a choice to make a stand that culturally they are changing and actions like that won't be tolerated.

If they are working towards improving, they now have an opportunity to take a stand against one 'idiot' and take action themselves, if they don't there are serious problems there. Again, actions taken by clubs against their own idiots sends a very strong message to the league that they do not condone the behaviour and will rid the club of theses people to send a message to all players that the whole club's image will not be tarnished by one or two individuals.

Given the way it was handled yesterday I don't expect anything proactive.
by Inallseriousness
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well just on this guy...8 weeks for striking in Round 3. Yesterday, does another very very poor act, comes off with blood rule and then g ets put back on the field and continues to play like an idiot. So......

As a club and particularly a coach we all know it is difficult to control the actions of every individual however, here you have a repeat offender and in a way they have condoned this behaviour by putting him back on the field . If this is accurate then it shows a willful cultural issue and is why club sanctions are an apt and important stick for the league to use.

Not to gloat as we still battle with discipline and it's only an anecdote but as Mitchell Parks B grade coach last year, we had a couple of guys that always made me nervous. I would suspect we all would. One day one of them (and one of our better players too) was ... "on heat" so to speak. He tried to do something that had he been coordinated enough could have really hurt the guy. None of the on-field players or umpires saw it but myself and a few watching A graders did.

Dragged him instantly. Told him to sit on the pine for the rest of the game and in no way was he going back on. Very publicly dressed him down and then internally banned him for two weeks. It was a sobering lesson for him as he figured since he didn't connect and the ump didn't see it that there was nothing to really answer for. He was a saint for the rest of the year.

It was less about him as much as it was about exhibiting to all players, both the watching As and his team mates, that violence of any kind is absolutely not to be tolerated at our club. You have to get in front of this stuff as a club and be proactive.

Salisbury West reps might have a different side to the story but if what has been said is accurate and they returned a player to the field after breaking a nose behind the play with a headbutt - that exhibits entrenched cultural issues within that club and is as alarming, if not more, than the incident itself.

Seems like an 8 week ban makes the post 'extremely accurate'
by Inallseriousness
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |