Search found 119 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Inallseriousness wrote:Agreed, its not a big deal. I'm certainly not Obama.

Doesn't he coach your B Grade? :lol:
by no_remorse28
Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:Looking forward to tomorrow Zedman...will catch up with you after the game!

yes for sure mate..sun will be out and the ground is in great condition so it should be a good game..was a bit cold and wet round 2! :)
by zedman
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the Ingle Farm coach saves his job with a big win this week. Congrats Phil Manuel.

I also have some intel on the Lockleys coaching succession plan and I am not Con -ning you. :D

fastest man over 100 metres in the state for his age..and the buttocks to prove it!

Be nice if you got the name right wristwatcher :oops: and zedman...that's quite disturbing :roll:

he has booty like a male serena williams! :shock: 8)
by zedman
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:Will be a great venue....will Javor Junction be open??

For what it's worth...Lockleys by 34 pts and the Farmers by 13 points with Zartan nearly having a coronary!

It's been renamed after a below par performance from TJ on Saturday.

Feel free to set up the Milky Bar Mound tho ;)
by the milky bar kid
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're all travelling supporters. You will be happy to hear the club has Put the Vito on the Wristy price list ;)

I live back in Ingle Farm despite with great haste as an 18 year old GTFO of it. 21 years later I would return. I also like IF's funny little senior coach and I feel sorry for the club captain as he has red hair. Started my football journey there and you just can't fight it sometimes. Part of me is a "Doggie". I actually have no problem with the Tossers and always had tough battles when I played against them. It might be div 6 reserves but I have no doubt there will be as much passion and enthusiasm for this game as any being played that day.

You also forgot your great love for the Milky Bar Sibling.

This statement also did nothing to stop the rumors that you'll be an assistant coach at the Doggies in 2016 ;)
by the milky bar kid
Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will be a great venue....will Javor Junction be open??

For what it's worth...Lockleys by 34 pts and the Farmers by 13 points with Zartan nearly having a coronary!

The Junction won't be open this week unfortunately despite selling near 500 units last week to responsible drinkers. It's a great concept and really adds to the atmosphere but it is a pain in the ass to get the additional liquor licence and to do all the organisation.

Last GF we had a downstairs bar that is all cans and designed to be super quick so you don't miss a minute of the footy. There is a bunch of us starting at 10am so I'd imagine we will be well prepared for all and sundry and at 24 degrees I think the tins will be going down a treat for all involved.

Lockleys by about 2-4 goals
Would have a clue in the B's but will be barracking for the boys from the home of the high speed car chase. Ingle Farm in a close one hopefully.

Supporting the opposition and charging us $15 for a can of our beloved red tins, not doing much to endear yourself the travelling supporters Wristy ;)

You're all travelling supporters. You will be happy to hear the club has Put the Vito on the Wristy price list ;)

I live back in Ingle Farm despite with great haste as an 18 year old GTFO of it. 21 years later I would return. I also like IF's funny little senior coach and I feel sorry for the club captain as he has red hair. Started my football journey there and you just can't fight it sometimes. Part of me is a "Doggie". I actually have no problem with the Tossers and always had tough battles when I played against them. It might be div 6 reserves but I have no doubt there will be as much passion and enthusiasm for this game as any being played that day.
by wristwatcher
Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, if they wanted the audience to give them any credibility they'd get this sort of shit right, of course there is never a right or wrong TOTY but Blind Freddy could see that the selected team was a shambles.

Looking at the div. 5 seemed somewhat odd too, No Elizabeth player made the side after a relatively successful season, the 4 Central United players listed took the cake though, the wooden spooners being the most represented club? Come on.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At a guess, think the SA Footballer version would probably include Garner (Smith), Smith (Lockleys), Kennedy (Lockleys), Stormonth (Lockleys) and Paton not at CHB.

Imagine it'll probably also include Wiles, Abdulla, Cook, Moss and NO MILKY BAR KID 8) :lol:

.... just at a guess that is..
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://safootballer.com.au/wp-content/u ... dit-23.pdf

much more realistic and correct Div 6 TOTY there..well done to all involved..
by zedman
Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:wow...interesting reading...any players over 6 feet 2 inches are more than welcome at the Farmers

What about the poor shortys? They're people too you know :lol:
by Footy Chick
Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

"On behalf of the Lockleys Football Club I am extremely pleased to announce the return of Hayden Martinello to the club for the 2016 season.
Hayden is a SAAFL representative player and SAAFL Div 3 medallist who will bring experience, flexibility and class to the side and we cant wait to see him out on the track in the blue and red colours.
Welcome back home mate!"

This from the Lockleys Facebook page. Very good get. Well done Zed and all involved.
by citycoaster17
Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Inallseriousness wrote:
zedman wrote:Draft Draw

Round 1
2-April

PFC v LFC @ PFC
Glenunga v BOSFC @ Glenunga
EFC v CBOSFC @ EFC
SFC v Greenacres @ SFC
RFC v HFC @ RFC

Hi zedman....where did you obtain the draft draw from?

was emailed to club reps this week for grades 1-6 i believe..your rep should have a copy..
by zedman
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For what it's worth
by Mr Beefy
Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

8)
Come on Zed, you ventured out our way often? We cant all have the massive footy budgets like your CLG and Lockleys ;)

like CHALK & CHEESE..literally! :)

i only go out to ingle farm to defy the ridge in the deck and win cricket premierships..and to see you in the winter months zartan.. :)

what ........and not see me?? I'm hurt!!!! Lynch will be a handy IN but was also a BIG OUT last year...coming home!

human error with that omission mate! :)
by zedman
Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:what ........and not see me?? I'm hurt!!!!!

Who are you?

your nightmare!! lol :D

A fat chick in fishnet stockings and stiletto's?
by The Bedge
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nick Lynch back to Ingle Farm, confirmed.
EFA

Couldn't of had a good response from Bute when he tried for $$$ so now at farmers, wonder how much he got there?
Think he met with Bute out of courtesy and probably also curiosity.. not getting paid at the farm though.. he signed for $0 per game.. 8) ;)

Returning premiership player, wanting to come back to play with some mates. Only left to show respect to John Beer, which i admire him for.. Always said he'd be back and we are very happy to have his 70 odd goals back too. Something we definitely lacked last season.
by old farmer
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Returning premiership player, wanting to come back to play with some mates. Only left to show respect to John Beer, which i admire him for.. Always said he'd be back and we are very happy to have his 70 odd goals back too. Something we definitely lacked last season.[/quote][/quote]

250 reasons a game to be back with some mates ;)
by Minion Master
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:People on here are just way too serious. You all need to lighten up and not get on the defensive when someone says something you disagree with.

Bit like you when there is discussion around players getting paid in D6 ;) :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haha...yes, think most people would have a bit more knowledge of the AFL to make informed decisions. Any side in Div 6 would only have to recruit 5 or 6 higher div players into their side to change it dramatically.....don't see those numbers into an AFL team. I see Sportsbet have West Croydon at $1.10 though. I do get sucked into reading the ladder predictions, I must be starved of footy!
That's the human in us, Zartan makes 47 predictions per pre-season so he can go back through them at the end of the season and cover himself in glory.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So why would any of these blokes from Para Hills wanna leave a club that has just won a Div 5 premiership and want to play in Div 6 with a team that is maybe a 50/50 chance of playing finals. Hmmmm maybe a bit of $$$$$$ getting thrown around.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HjzNCZ2scQI/hqdefault.jpg
by zedman
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well your Captain has already come out and said that 2016 is "Year of the Doggie!!!!"
I reckon if I went back over old threads, you would've said this every season for the past 3 :lol:

wristy is just a trouble maker!!

As a member of the Para Hills Community Club I feel I am qualified to comment. :)

I believe the players have left Para Hills for Ingle Farm because they want to be coached by TV star Paul Manuel and get a bit of air time. He has probably reached into his own pocket as he is on big $ hosting the new show in 2016.
by wristwatcher
Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am mostly looking forward to sledging Milky Bar Kid about his pale complexion.

There's not much I haven't heard. Some good, most terrible. I look forward to hearing some new material! :lol:

2010 @ Salisbury North... " You have red hair, why don't you just kill yourself!!!" From some knuckle dragger always amused me.

Many years ago, when i was much younger in my mid 20's, someone yelled at me "Give it away old man, the game has passed you by!"
by Q.
Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i play both As and Bs being a small forward often then not you the first player to be benched or dropped to make way for resting midfielders etc and no Pooraka were fine with out me in the As and the Bs probably one of the few times they have not played finals

im 34 years old coming to the end of my playing days rode the high and lows of pooraka in the A grade and B grade now finishing of football at Houghton hopefully i still got a bit in me to cause teams like Ingle farm and the others some headaches up forward if not the Bs it is :)
by Robb_Stark
Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RS, is your keyboard missing the full stop and comma buttons? I run out of breath reading your posts mate..

I do look forward to running out a finger bun to OKC when we come across Ingle Farm.. Hopefully Zartan doesn't get to it first and clean the icing off first though
by human_torpedo
Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:Where are all them Ingle Farm people not talking it up this season............. :(

By the looks of it there leaving it all to the Houghton lads
by carey
Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oh yep, forgot about that one!
by Q.
Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Doghouse13 wrote:Shouldn't Para Hills have to go all the way to D6 as BL did a few years ago??? Or do they just get to pick and choose what division they play in?

Maybe they can swap with BL now that all their mercenaries are back..
by S Demon
Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

According to Headquarters over the last 3 years there have been more reports in U18's and C grade comp combined versus Div 1 - 7 combined....look out for a massive crackdown in this area

Well 2015 certainly went against that trend...

D1 -D7 - 35 Reports, 31 Guilty, 114 Weeks suspended, average of 3.68 games per guilty.
D1R - D7R - 18 Reports, 15 Guilty, 40 Weeks suspended, average of 2.67
D8, 8R, C1-C4 - 8 Reports, 8 Guilty, 30 Weeks, ave 3.75
U18 - 14 Reports, 14 Guilty, 39 Weeks, ave 2.79 (excludes the 3 years given to the coach).
by Trader
Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

According to Headquarters over the last 3 years there have been more reports in U18's and C grade comp combined versus Div 1 - 7 combined....look out for a massive crackdown in this area
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Putting to one side the Under 18s (largely fuelled by testosterone and coaches who can't see the wood from the trees) I'd be a bit surprised if there were more reports in C Grades than in A/B Grades purely because of a reluctance for club umpires to go through the process. What I would expect is due to the relative wild west of C Grades that when these reports lead to findings of guilt there are more extreme penalties.

I suspect the accurate statement is that there are far more weeks of suspension in the C Grade comps relative to the A/B Grade comps

Definitely more games, I thought the stat put up at the coaches forum last night said both but I may be wrong...it was a long night :D

i think what they are saying is that clubs doing triple headers are having a much better record at the tribunal because club officials are more prevalent at the games and can hose down spot fires quickly and more successfully than a c grade playing away solo with hardly any volunteers off the ground..hence the lowering of tribunal cases for clubs doing the triples..
by zedman
Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems my post may have upset the establishment!

What they meant was D1-D7, 35 reports from 65 teams = 0.54 reports per team.
U18, 14 reports from 18 teams = 0.78 reports per team.

I agree with them that that is a concerning number in the U18s, and the more the league pushes harder penalties for both players and clubs who pick these players, the better the league as a whole will be.
by Trader
Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Greenacres B grade defeated Ingle Farm B grade
Ingle Farm A grade defeated Greenacres A grade
Watched this game last night. I was really impressed with the Farmers. The B grade looked okay. Typical football for a first hit out between the two sides. I liked how IF had worked across the oval and really opened up the dragons. 7 on the wing looks like a good sort. The IF forwards had no real issue dealing with GA back six. Good game of footy by IF. They have several players who can play both sides by foot which is very handy. Cant take too much away from it being a trial but if IF can continue and improve on their play from last night i can see them definitely being around the mark. The magician Manuel has them working nicely at the moment.
by SATCHEL
Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:How did the legendary Greg Kells go in the trial against Greenies??

played in the B's looked ok for a first run but has hurt his ankle pretty badly and having xrays today

Serious?? That's not good. Give him a few ciggies and he'll be right as rain.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My view is you want to be pretty bloody sure before calling someone's integrity into question.

One thing is constructive criticism, another thing is mean-spirited criticism, but falsely suggesting an umpire is cheating is pretty poor

I've also heard that the umpiring was some of the worse witnessed. It was so poor that it came across as cheating.

So it was a par for the course then?

Division 5 get the 21-25 ranked umpires each week.....

2 umpires per game....times 5 games times 4 divisions...maybe 41-50....just checking lol

yeah forgot to x2 :oops:
by heater31
Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:
*p.s. - sorry inallseriousness for breaking my media ban* :(

Was there ever any doubt that would happen :lol:

That's a fine :D

At this rate, he's a sure thing to fund the whole bloody footy trip :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kevin Sheedy @ The Lockleys Football Club 19th of May 20

Inallseriousness wrote:Sheedy would be well advised to get some tips from zedman while he is there :D

if i only had 2-3% of his knowledge and experience i would be a very wise coach!

looking forward to hearing from the great man.. :)
by zedman
Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jetters wrote:If that's the Sumner that was at Golden Grove they think he's a dud

Exactly. Over rated, nothing to see here - don't know why everyone is getting so excited.. Genuine B grader.
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sumner be on some good coin.........when we played against him back when he was at eastern park was playing good football then will require a hard tag most weeks
If that's the Sumner that was at Golden Grove they think he's a dud and was only just being selected in the As
Won the B & F at EP in 2014 I reckon before going to GG in 2015 IIRC

S Demon...correct, Jetters...I know a few from GG that rated him too...big difference (as you often point out) between D3 and D6 so I think he will be a welcome inclusion to our B grade . R Stark....I love how you assume people always transfer for 'coin'....not necessarily the case...but we will let you continue to assume :roll:

Even bigger drop from D3 round 1 to div 6R round 2 :roll: Assuming the named sides are smoke and mirrors then? ;)

Third club in 3 consecutive games.. Marc Cox would be proud
by human_torpedo
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a load of waft..

Robb - a quick look at SportingPulse would've given you all your answer, stop acting like there is some sort of secret squirrel business going on here.. Must be a slow news day for you :roll:

As for asking how much blokes get paid, maybe save it until after the game - the answers might put you off your own game.. ;)
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

guess when we play you guys ill ask some players what they get paid out at ingle farm and do my research :)

im sure all players will say they play for free cause they love the club :)

I think it's time Robb_Stark gets a ban every time he accuses a player of taking heaps of cash when they play in a lower div. what ya reckon Mods?
by mighty hounds
Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

guess when we play you guys ill ask some players what they get paid out at ingle farm and do my research :)

im sure all players will say they play for free cause they love the club :)
Gidday Robb_Stark
I only read this forum once or twice a week and you never cease to amaze me.
2 pages of questioning by yourself that sounds like school girl stuff I hear from my 11 year old daughter.
Why is it that when new players come to a club after 2 rounds they are automatically on good coin ?
I've been around IF for 30 years mate, they have no money to splash around, perhaps it maybe the set up,or the kids that have stuck together over the past 10 - 12 years over various age groups that are now 18 - 23 years old that provide the excitement for outside players to want to get involved.
Instead of claiming millionaire status at the Farm I'd be congratulating everyone from the change room cleaner to toilet wiper for their efforts.
Trust me they ain't jumping each other's bones claiming they are the bees knees.
They leave that bullshit to other peanuts that think they know better.
by Computer Crashed
Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

The drive might be easy for locals but the big guns theyre seeking are unlikely locals and who wouldnt happily leave their current city club and endure the journey 2 to 3 times a week to this "rural isolated country" club for less than $400 when your likely near getting that at your current city club anyway and dont have to put up with driving through the bullshit mountains 3 times a week in winter
:shock: marbles.. go home son, you're drunk!

Tea Tree Gully, Modbury, Golden Grove, Athelstone, Kersbook - all a short distance..
by The Bedge
Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:Ingle Farm win the flag hahaaaa couldn't win a chook raffle....!!!

Wasn't aware Paul Van Der Har was interested in Ingle Farm :shock: :shock: :shock:
by panthers
Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:relax mate i am just having a bit of fun never hurt anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Always easy to take the piss out of someone else when you don't even have the balls to state where you're from.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:relax mate i am just having a bit of fun never hurt anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can have fun without disrespecting the club mate.
by coman
Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

morell wrote:No point being sheepish coman, out with it.

Sorry morell I can't remember, there's to much smoke in the air down hear in the north.
by coman
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Calling Ingle Farm "scrubbers" is an upgrade and should be considered a compliment :twisted: .

:lol: at least we aren't playing Para Hills this year!
Not yet.. lol
Calling Ingle Farm "scrubbers" is an upgrade and should be considered a compliment :twisted: .

:lol: at least we aren't playing Para Hills this year!
Not yet.. lol
Did you like that? :D
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

relax mate i am just having a bit of fun never hurt anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can have fun without disrespecting the club mate.

disrespecting the club??get a life will you i said they were scrubbers and won't win the flag..and you are from Smithfield lol :lol: :lol:

Oh dear, this could get interesting.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FLYING DUTCHMAN 18 wrote:Lightning McQueen you are another one who needs to relax...disrespectful lol yeah ok if you think so..what's next you going to kick me off the site ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair chance, probably be more fun though sitting back and watching you make some more friends on here. :lol:
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll bring the popcorn :lol:
by Footy Chick
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen you are another one who needs to relax...disrespectful lol yeah ok if you think so..what's next you going to kick me off the site ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fair chance, probably be more fun though sitting back and watching you make some more friends on here. :lol:

That's the beauty of this forum, sometimes you just dont know who you're really pissing off 8)
by Footy Chick
Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |