Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Div 3. At worse case at least they know they will be in Div 4 next year. If they drop to C div would that spot remain in 2015? I think not. That's their predicament I believe.
by Yank Man
Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

This is why kids these days are spoiled little brats - they never learned the benefits of winning and losing.

by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Any club would be gutted @ this let alone one of modern Amateurs proudest clubs.

I must admit of all the clubs I heard of in strife in the pre-season Kilburn was the last club I thought would have the biggest issues.

Yes it's unfortunate that one club lost some revenue but trade places with Kilburn and I know what I'd take.....

Finally they didn't dig their hole, no club deserves this and as a club they didn't bring the leagues image down nor theirs with the way they chose to run the club prior to these issues. As for the floggings just because they continuously lost by 50+ goals doesn't mean they don't deserve their spot in the comp. the problem now is so many clubs think they are Collingwood @ this level and it's a first world problem if your reserves don't get a game 1 week @ the expense if a club who lets be honest would be dying on the inside with their situation can't get a team up to satisfy some egos so they can flog them and kick as many goals possible and brag to their mates @ the club after 8 beers Saturday night.

Their record says they deserve their spot in div 3 and it's unfortunate they are in this position.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Yay! We didn't lose!
by RustyCage
Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Gee Jetters... you know how to upset folks. (insert disclaimer here ;) )
My two bobs worth:
- No club with aspirational objectives can get away without payments given everyone else is and it's a competition.
- The salary cap is in my view great in principle for many reasons but will be near nigh impossible to police for the other many reasons already laid out by other respondents.
- To make it work, the penalties for clubs found breaching the rules need to be so great that it won't be worth the risk... this may have to be the Al Capone factor, ie hung out by the Tax office + other penalties such as suspension / relegation etc.
- at present, what a club is prepared to pay is up to them and should not be the source of derision by others. The question for the club is; should we be spending money building a club where people want to play rather than forking out so much to players that we have nothing left for the "club building" strategy, such as junior developement etc?
- how little UMJ pay players would surprise many - we have a large core of ex-juniors, college graduates and their mates who want to play with us because we have a good club culture and an ongoing strategy to maintain it. Some of these lads have been together since under 9's. We have 98% volunteer players, with many of our A Grade who could be earning big money elsewhere just wanting to play for the jumper. Neither do they mind the odd marquee player pulling a few bucks. (and don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about because I most certainly do.) We have got where we are through a strategic planned approach and a lot of hard work off field rather than just throwing money at chaps and crossing the fingers.

So my view is if a Div 7 club or anyone else for that matter, wants to pay players, that's up to them, but if they think thats all they need to do to bring long term success, think again.

Look @BigB, I don't know if you've read the forum rules, but it's actually stipulated that in each post you must call someone an idiot or at least take cheap shots at their club. Moderators please^^
by Jetters
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

jo172 wrote:Seriously, when's the last time Athelstone won a final?

Two weeks ago
by mighty hounds
Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Some harsh judgements going on in here.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

golden grove BBQ = 6 have to wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long, quicker to drive down to mackas & back

Bit rough on the volunteers cooking this week, we would not normally have people on the BBQ/Canteen roster for a C and D grade, we had to host Walkerville last minute based on their oval not being ready and then cater for 4 games. The guys who did volunteer this week would have been under the pump all day so i am sure that they would be hugely disappointed to hear that you had to wait for your $4 steak sandwich.
by TEX07
Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Burras wrote:- measure 18m from the stumps at one end and play from one end for the day

Surely that's more than suitable for that age group? How much damage can a 40kg boy do!
by The Bedge
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

I'm so flat today.. this whole IF thing is deflating - I can't imagine how the junior committee at the club is coping.

It's so incredibly disappointing that this incident seems to have allowed people to react in such venomous ways, and not just on social media.

My girls and their U10's side were treated to people screaming abuse out their car windows at them while they trained, the U14 kids received the same on Tuesday night.

A mate of mine completing his job doing deliveries had a bottle thrown at him and informed he's a feral c**t for wearing an IF beanie.

The coach of the girls side pulled has received threats, and the MDO who was seen on the video is copping plenty because people think he's the dude who committed the assault.

Apparently the Ingle Farm FB account is being bombarded with abusive messages from people who feel it's their right and obligation to join the crusade.

So many innocent and good people who have NOTHING to do with this shit except be from the same club are copping it - and when the abuse begins to get directed to little kids then that's just not ******* on!

One dude.. ONE ******* DUDE.. from a club of a dozen junior sides and 3 senior sides - and a guy who i've NEVER met or seen in my years at the club.

The senior footy has had a checkered past, but you'd have to go back to 2014 that i can recall a junior incident - and that was U18's which resulted in the club electing not to field an 18s moving forward.. even snr footy, with the exception of the covid drama last season which was just dumb, onfield there really hasn't been any issues since the 2015 C grade incident.

Ingle Farm is a community club that provides for cricket, football, netball, basketball etc. and a lot of good families invovled.

Please for the love of god, don't take the anger and frustration out on people who don't deserve it. :(
by The Bedge
Thu May 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |