Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Hogg Premier League 2015

Round 5 Previews

Has Been vs. SHARKS - MATCH OF THE ROUND

The newcomers to Premier League this season have started off the season in fine style and none are doing it better than Spiro's SHARKS. Spiro got on board the Lachie Neale train very early and you would think that Neale should have a field day as Sandi should smash Belch in the ruck giving that mighty Docker midfield first use. Of last years guns teams, Has Been has stood out. Like Sprio the Beeners have also been on a winning run and this is a genuine top of the table blockbuster in the Premier League this week. Overall, the Sharkies look to be the stronger side and I reckon the SHARKS will get the win.

REBCats vs. Hondo SCC

Hondo bounced back to form last week with a solid win over the Rolfsbergurs and should be able to continue his winning ways over the struggling REBCats. Both teams are missing key players this week although Hondo appears to have a few more out in Henderson and Bennell. These factors don't quite cancel out Hondo's midfield advantage though and I predict a narrow win for Hondo SCC with REBCats to score 2056 or something close yet again.

Peptide Army vs. Cork in the Ocean

The Army was unable to defeat the Longwood Lions last week so the task of defeating the reigning premier appears to be beyond them. The Peptide likes to pull left field POD selections to aid his cause but this year's model Stephen Coniligio appears to be a bust. While this call may be a little premature what is not is that Troy has missed both reliable defenders in Heath Shaw and Tom McDonald. Corky has not missed out on Heater and he also has a Freo midfielder in Fyfe and I think that Cork in the Ocean will get the points in this match.

Underdogs vs. Ben Rolfsburgers

Last week the Underdogs pulled out a good score and the Rolfs had an off day but the Doggies only just surpassed their score. Teams that had Harley Bennell in them had the advantage last week as he ran riot against Brisbane but it's a disadvantage for Harley owners this week. That and the overall scoring patterns for the season means it's hard to see anything other than a Ben Rolfsburgers victory .

Squeakeroos_DTC vs. Longwood Lions

This is a vitally important match between two teams that I don't tip very often. The Lions scrambled home with a much needed win against the Peptide Army and this match could be just as important for Alaska's chances of staying up. Squeaky will need to bring McIntosh and possibly Van Berlo to cover this week's outs. These two sides both have Belch as a forward which is an area of weakness but a bigger issue for the Lions is that they have three out in the midfield. With that extra out in the prime scoring zone I'm selecting Squeakeroos_DTC in this match.

Captain Who? vs. wycbloods

Yes, bloods has to cover Jordan Lewis and he will probably play vest candidate Jed Anderson but looking at Captain Who's team I don't think he is going to double up with what he got last week. I can't see Houli getting 160, Oxley 150 and Crisp 148 this week. The chances of those duds not proving those freak scores are anything but a complete fluke are pretty slim I reckon. I'm just Jelly cos I picked Bernie Smith and Ryan Griffen who scored squat but I reckon all things such as this even up a bit in the end. So I'm going for the upset - wycbloods to win and restore my faith in humanity.

Buddy Franklin vs. Ecky's Fevolas

Buddy Franklin comes into this match looking to be in pretty good shape although he must be suffering heap big buyers remorse on the purchase of clanger king Taylor Hunt. Eckys meanwhile, continue to be a side that appears to be building for the future judging by the amount of youth in his squad. Somehow, Ecky has kept his cool while Belch, Ryan ******* Griffen, Ibbo, Newnes and Beardo Simpson have been underwhelming. Will Ecky pull the trigger on CEY and pull an upgrade or will he stick to his patient cash cow milking strategy. It seems to me that Ecky is patient but Buddy aint Flat. Buddy Franklin to win .

Honey Badgers vs. Q Before You

With his three ruck strategy and having to cover Harley Bennell, I reckon the Badgers could be in a bit of strife against the consistent Q Before You. Fresh off a win over his old rival the Captain, Q is looking pretty good here to make it two wins on the trot. Another bonanza from Scott Pendlebury would help matters and this is a chance against the Cats tonight so look out for the VC on Pendles. I think Q will be too strong in this game and I'm tipping Q Before You to win this one by about 80.

Cotch Lickers vs. Les’s Men
A few years ago CoverKing invited a couple of mates to join the Hogg. Those mates were Les’s Men and Divvy II outfit Hips Don’t Lie. Come Sunday night he might be regretting this decision as the Lezzes look primed to clean up the Cotch Lickers who have been struggling a bit so far this season. I'm tipping that Les's Men will win this game and be laughing at the top of the ladder while rivals SHARKS and Has Been slug it out.

regards,

REB

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri May 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2019

Round 7

Ecky's Fevolas 2084
Longwood Lions 2037

Inner Sanctum 2130
Mediocre at Best 2012

Hondo SCC 2195
Has Been 2106

Delicious 2126
Chicken Twisties 2045

REBCats 2128
Q Before You 2107

Sharks 2209
Honey Badgers 1989

Ben Rolfsburgers 2221
Buddy Franklin 2219

Poon Illuminati 2317
Richo Richo Man 2180

Captain Who? 2178
TEAM_FISH 2072

Ladder

1 Ben Rolfsburgers 7 0 15645 15016 104.19 28
2 Poon Illuminati 7 0 15488 15019 103.12 28
3 REBCats 6 1 15245 14975 101.80 24
4 Hondo SCC 4 3 15492 14901 103.97 16
5 Delicious 4 3 14799 14729 100.48 16
6 Ecky's Fevolas 4 3 14747 14714 100.22 16
7 Richo Richo Man 4 3 15331 15308 100.15 16
8 Inner Sanctum 3 4 14779 14573 101.41 12

9 Chicken Twisties 3 4 14861 14858 100.02 12
10 Mediocre at Best 3 4 14687 14713 99.82 12
11 Sharks 3 4 14872 14979 99.29 12
12 TEAM_FISH 3 4 14916 15090 98.85 12
13 Captain Who? 3 4 14590 14833 98.36 12
14 Has Been 2 5 15034 15063 99.81 8
15 Buddy Franklin 2 5 15040 15138 99.35 8
16 Q Before You 2 5 14920 15199 98.16 8
17 Longwood Lions 2 5 14499 15095 96.05 8
18 Honey Badgers 1 6 13966 14708 94.96 4

Powerful Poon and the Rampaging Rolfs have absolutely leaped out of the box to smash their way to a 7-0 start to the season. This is most unusual at this level as normally the Premier League is a very even competition. Benny has been dominating all year but Poony has reached that level in recent weeks and showed that by topping the scoring for the league in Round 7 with a very impressive victory over a high scoring Richo Richo side. Something else that is usual is that the REBCats are winning games. In past seasons I've lamented (at length LOL) my lack of luck but I've had plenty so far this season. Brouch's freakish upscaling and jagging Whitfield as skipper was a cruel way for Q to get rolled by 21 points. I thought that sort of shit only happened to me Q, sorry mate.... not really .

There are now two wins from 3-4 and another two from 4-14 so that logjam is going to mean the heat is on for plenty of coaches on the run into the finals. Surely the top three qualify (mozzes self) which means that a lot of good sides will be spectators come August as you'd expect in Hogg Premier. Richo and Hondo are scoring heavily and this should translate to enough wins to get through. A lot of teams are struggling with scoring and winning consistentcy where some teams don't have that problem at all, in particular Honey Badgers who aren't winning matches or scoring points. Something has to be up there surely. I just hope I get the percentage booster before he looks at his side again, he surely can't be having THAT bad of a season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon May 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2019

Stuck with Grundy. Hambone has it on Gawn but I'm backing myself in. Absolutely spewing about Coniglio sinking me against FISH last week. Normal service was resumed there. A lot of suckers bought him in as well but he's not on my radar. Dependulbury in for me at a nice cheap price should see off any Coniligio owners for the rest of the season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Round 3 - What becomes of the broken hearted?

I've done OK I have 21 playing and so can drop Whitfields 8, Taylors 44 and Picketts 50 :-BD
Ive slept on it and am still absolutely fuming. There is so many reasons to award some actual points and move on but no lets complicate it and have the uncertasinty of this game being played at any time where they have said these players will score twice in one round. What happens if tyhis game isnt scheduled until r14-17 when SC finals are on? If i wanted to have rounds with teams playing twice id play SC Cricket.
Then thers cash generation stalling and the ability of other coaches to now get these players without another price rise effectively handing players 4 trades in one round whilst i have 2. I had to choose between Rivers and Sturt, i went Rivers, anybody who went the other way can now have both without a price change.
Then there is the fact i will have 17 playing with players on the bench scoring but no E on them as 6 games had already been played and i cant get them on the field

Might have to think about a non-promotion/relegation season this year depending on how many other rounds are compromised. Already we aren't playing each other once, now this round and then if we have a 'double up' finals series that compromises promotion as well. As for the loss you are wearing, you can recover from one loss but yeah the cash generation thing is a worry. I was going to bring in Rivers but went Starcevich in the end.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 3 - We're on a mission from God

While it's hard to feel sorry for Essendon fans (who we still haven't forgiven for that 2000 season), it is very easy to feel sorry for Bomber Ruckman Draper and associated Draper owners. It's a big decision not to Grawndy up each year but a promising performance from Draper in the JLT had a few coaches opting to use Draper for ruck coverage. Since then he's spudded up and is now out for quite a while with injury. Not a good start to your SuperCoach year but it could be worse as you could be Ben Rutten.

Other Bombers who were key SC options have gone down as well *. Jye Caldwell was looking a decent midfield option until he limped off and already Deppell is another one struggling. Shiela isn't as relevant this season as even hambone didn't fall for that one. It's fair to say if your team is going as well as Essendon, all you can do is pray...

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |