Search found 64 matches

Return

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Your right. A few of the Kadina boys strut around like pretty boys. I thought this Yorke Peninsula page should have been called the the Kadina Football Club page in the past. Every post was from them talking themselves up. Very quiet at the moment. Let hear a comment from them after a few losses.....Not Likely. One player very lucky not to be reported Saturday after punching a Crow on the nose right in front of the umpire. Moonta maybe the team to beat but never write off the Crows. :roll:
by Dogs Breakfast
Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

BIG_REDS wrote:Anyone know when the Team of The Year will be published?

Mine was published onto the back of a shirt about 5pm Saturday ;)

I think they come out in the footy budget this week don't they?
by WOS Dragons
Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll: Burley or Sherrin?

It's a bit like shaved or waxed. Either is good for a change.
by Neverwasgood
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one day I will wrote:Where the hell has westy gone does anyone know??

Apparantly Westy is still trying to clear his throat from a bone the big Bloodhound ate during finals time again! Gotta be careful not to choke!! Hope he is ok! :supz: :supz: :supz: :rock: :rock:
by Dogs Breakfast
Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Leroy wrote:
David Brent wrote:
Leroy wrote:Rumours on Chris Flavel from Kadina moving due to a big money offer.. any truth to this?

Have heard this, a Div 5 Ammos team circling...

Multiple clubs interested in his signature.. bidding war?

Couple of pies being the sign on bonus!
by David Brent
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Thanks for your support Dogwatcher. At least someone read my post and understood what I was referring to. It seems that the ones from NH don't believe it was a king hit or they are too close to it. If the disputed "king hit" doesn't make my comments legit maybe I should have substituted it with "an unprovoked ( by any prior immediate act) targeted ASSAULT on a player off the ball and out of play".
by The Old Fellow
Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moonta will get a couple of handy young fellas from Kapunda who will be moving up there next year...
by Wee-man
Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fabio wrote:Moonta have signed a dual mail medalist from kntfl and far north football league jared greenbank hope theres some good taggers in ypfl cause this guy can seriously play!

Is that your opinion or Jared's? He certainly isn't his harshest critic!
by WellPlayed#9
Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think he heard Cougars are in disarray. New club looks great but the appointment of the coach has divided the natives at the mountain!
Whats the latest from CMS.....? More players leaving?

As for the Crows, I was told on Friday that apparently 14 are leaving. I have only heard of a few and that is not confirmed.
Ardrossan are having a social day next Sunday and apparently have signed up the players they wanted. Gone to their points limit. Was confirmed that Parish has signed at Ardrossan but have heard these stories in November many times before.

As of Friday CMS have definately lost 11

who are the 11?
by bombers boy
Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Rough but true ;)
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jakovasaurus wrote:
barrys antz wrote:Am hearing that Justin Zanandrea has signed at kapunda. handy local and 0 point player to return.

Old news. $800 a game to come back.

Hamley has paid for their premiership, they'll be shit again for next 10 years ;-)
by BoundaryRider84
Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It does amaze me how people "know" how much certain players are on. When in fact unless you've seen the contract its like chinese whispers. I'll agree players and clubs are inflating prices though. Trouble is if one club doesn't pay another probably will
by Hidden Tiger
Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Borat wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:4 on the bench in the A grade this year I've heard .......

forget the a grade what about your magoos boundaryrider?

do you make ridiculous calls on every league page there borat.
by Useless
Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And while we're talking about clubs spending money it seems Bute have more then they know what to do with. First the mini van for their town players, and last night Campbell Brown was recruited in to take training, apparently its lucky for the mini van cos a few of their town boys got stuck into the pints with Browny, no word yet if they managed to get him drunk enough to sign a clearance!
I see Pt Broughton have just bought a mini van to follow Butes lead Test. Hardly having too much money! Smart ....
and i would suggest other clubs to follow!
by Dogs Breakfast
Sun May 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gatto and keen certainly didnt leave due to not training they just weren't enjoying there footy and certainly weren't on any big cash either both had pretty good reasons for leaving and wanting to return to there home clubs
by Undercover agent
Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Exactly right players come players go that's footy but I know for a fact both lads left on pretty good terms and are certainly enjoying there footy a lot more than they were a few weeks ago
by Undercover agent
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An outstanding 'club' performance by BOS to back up the div 6 flag in 2014 with the div 5 minor premiership in 2015. In our 10 year history we spent 3 years in div 5 playing in 2 A grade elimination finals , 1 B grade elimination final and then returned to div 6 in 2011.

As for our B grade, it has been a year of progress. We haven't set the world alight with results but after finishing 7th last year in div 6 we have backed up in a stronger competition to win 3 games, reduce margins across most other games and set up the opportunity to finish the year off at home with a win against Lutheran's. They were strong and proud on Saturday against a fierce opponent who bought every bit of intimidation they could in the first half and our lads stood up to the test. After a 20 odd point deficit in the first quarter they worked and worked to take the game by 12 points. A fair reversal from a 91 point loss in round 8.

Looking forward to round 18 and the finals campaign.

Good to see Rosewater have suffered since the day they blew the siren 3 and a half minutes early in that Elimination Final. 8)
by mighty hounds
Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Officejet wrote:And 11 less wins, almost twice as many wins this year as Matt in three years.

Not sure of the population difference but would suggest that Kadina is smashing Bute in that department. Not hard to walk in and coach a ready made line up!
by Dogs Breakfast
Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Gumeracha 75.37(487) d Callington 0.0.0 a few years back
by Jim05
Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one day I will wrote:The smokey for me will be Tyson wait with Josh Lawson to get the medal.

Wait no smokey, the blokes a gun. ill go lawson, wait, johncock
by Mex
Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

test wrote:Norsworthy will be top 3

Carey will surely poll most for Wallaroo
by human_torpedo
Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Point taken "One Day", I headed off to the rooms straight after the Siren only to be meet by a locked door, could hear the leadership group claiming working on the finer points, Big Joho is worth more then two goals, he will be back for when we next play Pasky, that's right next play Pasky. One thing I know about my club we also bounce back hard after a loss.
by Officejet
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umps tried to keep you in it

Nice comment Fred. Enjoy your grand final week.

I had a crack at someone else in another forum for exactly this. Why the f@ck would you bag the leagues umpires when you have won the game and in this case made a GF and earned promotion. That's bad Karma going into a GF and comes across as pretty poor form for mine.

I dare say the team that doesn't worry about the umpires and worries about what they can control will win.
by wristwatcher
Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gallarello to coach South next year is what im hearing
Nelson to coach Angaston
Any other coaching movements?

Steve " the recruit" Rusca to poll most from Ango, doubt he'd poll enough to win.
Turrell to win the medal.
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oldman wrote:Has anyone heard of any new signings both players and coaches for next year? How will the salary cap affect DIV5?

Elizabeth have new A & B grade coaches........Dave Rogers (A Grade) Daryl Prosser (B Grade).
by ROOBOY18
Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

new thread required for 2016..shut it down! ;)
by zedman
Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ruben Carter wrote:
carey wrote:The whole comp should be in pure fear. I seen Criag Taylor pounding the Pavment at about 6 am this morning as I was getting home.

Be afraid be very afraid ;)

If it bleeds, we can kill it.... 8)

Who's criag?
by Nocyrils
Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Cheers eastern park for the hit out last night,before the lights went out in the second quarter of the Agrade.sorry about that I'll make sure the power bill is paid before hand lol. On a serious note,thanks fella's all the best for the season.looks like eastern park will be around the Mark again.great bunch of blokes.
by coman
Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Masha wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:TOSSERS in for a long year by what i saw today

They were missing plenty today mate. Wedding etc on rd 1 will do that to ya.

Well I hope there was about 20 "Good" players at this wedding ;)
by ROOBOY18
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As luxury as it could be, buts it's not to be.
Elizabeth
OUT: T. BROWN, D. EDWARDS, B.TAYLOR, B. MITCHELL.
IN:J. REYNOLDS, B. ABBOTT, D. MOSELY, K. SHAW.
One bloke getting knocked out, two injuries and a wedding.
YES a bloody wedding
Be thankful there is no music concert on in the city, half the side then.
by Computer Crashed
Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why did Elizabeth let it come to this?
Are they struggling financially. Paying too many players?
Is there unrest?
Usually where there is smoke.......
You got it. They are blowing the salary cap, the combined tally of 0 losses this year have the players horribly unsettled. How they can come back from this we will never know..

Or, the treasurer made a human error in forgetting to pay the bill..
100% would say we forgot to pay the bill becuase we don't PAY a single PLAYER.
Also it's the first I've heard of this!!

If it's the same situation as last season, the coach isn't even getting paid.
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

Ill say it again times have changed let it go people

It's about respect. Times may change but some traditions should never die and I'm strong on having blokes come in for a beer after the game. It's not that hard to come in and have one beer or a Coke and chat about footy.
by ramming23
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Inallseriousness wrote:Apparently he didn't want to know the colour of her 'Bra' or even want to get to know her 'Ma'

He told her he used to be wild like a RAM.. and likes to try all DEN funky Englese.
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tips/thoughts for tomorrow?

D6
Elizabeth v Brahma Lodge
Ingle Farm v Trinity OS

D6R
Elizabeth v Ingle Farm
Brahma Lodge v Trinity OS

Gut feel is Elizabeth will comfortably account for their opposition in both grades, and if the weather stays clear then Ingle Farm could be too potent for Trinity OS in the elimination final.

On the larger Rowe Park, reckon Trinity OS will beat Brahma Lodge as well - suspect they'll be too quick and fit, and will expose the older legs of the Tigers. Plus their forward line which i'd guess will host Barker, Krieg, Schaper and Catanzaritti will be very very difficult to match up on.

Week 2 could look like:
D6 - Pulteney v Elizabeth
D6R - Pulteney v Elizabeth

D6 - Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm
D6R - Ingle Farm v Trinity OS
Trinity will win easily tomorrow in the A's. Ingle Farm wont kick 6 goals

Any odds on offer for the Farmers to not kick 6 goals?
by Inallseriousness
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one day I will wrote:100% correct LM. Mind you I wouldn't mind his brother getting on board.

Zero chance of that I'd imagine unfortunately.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

one day I will wrote:Small rumour around some quality players leaving Fitzroy, as said previously on here. Is the new coach bringing some quality players back in the club?

Yes and yes.
by Arch44
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Not all recruits Farmer. Just the good ones

Fixed that for you son :D

I left out a few good ones coming in too ;)

"Good" by your standards, or "good" by normal peoples standards? :P :D
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Not all recruits Farmer. Just a few

After the first time surely it was obvious they'd run at the nearest offer again.
Main reason my lads went elsewhere & didn't return to the Roys.

Really can't blame them not wanting to play under a convicted criminal.
by oldman
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:Trent Payne signed at Angle Vale yet?

Yes he has

I hear he goes ok.

If he loses about 15kg norm lol and mciver is handy if his knees and groins hold up.
by Robran
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one day I will wrote:Happy New year Gents.

Anyone know why N.Hooker has requested a clearence from the TOSSERS to Bl&g?

Also wondering if Brahma lodge have lost a high quality forward to a rival club recently?

well Cossi was high quality back in 2012, he is simply now an old quality forward :lol:
by Executive Member
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love a rumour wrote:wonder if anyone at Elizabeth has actually seen that Jamie McIntyre run lately!!.. his knee is absolutely shot

Caff has never been able to run.
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I know, messaged him asking WTF haha! He told me he’s working and confirmed he’s still waaaay not fit enough for 1’s!
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With McConnell suspended, leaves Elizabeth a little short, need to replace him in the ruck, so who goes to Prokopec?

Rossack? Upton? Reichelt?

If they cant stop the Prok tomorrow, he'll well and truly be on his way to 100!

Taylor went to him from what I understand. Didn't get to see the game but big result considering Woodland out for majority of the season and Mcconnell missing for 2. Soldiers out, next soldiers step up

Squads win Premierships!
by ramming23
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

It looks as though Smithfield could be on the C Grade train
They'll be building a bronze statue of Nizzy down there next surely!

In only a few years - upgraded lights, new coaches boxes, new cricket matting, two womens sides, three mens sides, 3 juniors sides , 1,400 Bunnings BBQ's, 432 new players signed.

Pretty sure them boxes are ticked.

Nizzy is a champion of a bloke who is very popular and everyone respects, he has some great help by his side too.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Well said LM ;)
Hey one day I will , How did Cooper Burt go in the 1's?

He was good, presented really well coming out of FF.
He's a big lad, no one was going to stand in his way that's for sure.
Could have had a handful but didn't finish as good as he would have liked in front of goal, pleasing signs I would say.
Has exquisite skills, he played 17's last season so he's still very young, solid lad.

yes his skills are extremely beautiful and delicate :D
by marbles
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2020

Elizabeth won all 3 grades
C grade by 25 goals
B grade by 9 goals
A grade by 17 goals
by Wee-man
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elizabeth only got up by two points.
Houghton wont be pushovers this year, there is some quality in their 1s.. I would've had them favourites on paper before Saturday.
Hearing from one of their guys on Saturday that they still had 4-5 A graders to come back in.
Also the same with Elizabeth missing 5-6 Agrade starters due to a wedding.
This div will certainly be close come the final round. Can’t wait!!

Can confirm this is true.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arry Gablett wrote:That’s a great sentiment
However
In terms of $ the wheel keeps on turning

From an outsider looking in, good on em for putting a side on the park. Even though they have a lot of extra points, they have been kicked in the guts for years in their regular comp. Good luck to them.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so I'm guessing your respect level also would've been zero if the game had gone ahead and half of your club got infected
Heard that the football club contacted the amateur league to come clean about the scam after they were told every senior player would need to be tested before being allowed to play again.

Classic lol
Chaos.
by Computer Crashed
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |