Search found 39 matches

Return

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Hi all,

Great to see Footy SA debut on 9 with OUR state actually gaining it's own dedicated program.

Treaders was great and Wellman gave us a bit of a blast from the past.

The show went well considering it was the first show and it was great to see Amateurs and Hills getting a slot.

I'm sure that as the show settles into it's own identity that SANFL will gain a great platform and good coverage.

It is full state coverage also which is great for country viewers who generally get forgotten.

Ratings were amazing with a bigger audience than The Sunday Footy Show in SA - attracting 38.1% of the statewide audience.

The Michael Aish interview was also a highlight and exclusive to Footy SA.

Lets hope footy supporters in SA get behind it now.

Cheers
by Legs Man
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Central Division sides should have adequate facilities:
by Legs Man
Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Agreed the state gets a lot of Crows & Power coverage already.

Lets hope that local and SANFL also get some much needed coverage - only time will tell...
by Legs Man
Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually get on well with some Blackwood guys and am simply looking for a solution to the 10 team comp woes.

Junior footy is so important to a clubs future and it is getting worse in Country - just ask Meadows.

Echunga is now starting to gain some traction in colts grades with players coming who are comfortable with the standard and travel involved.

If we had stayed in Country we would now be close to unable to fill both J/C, S/C.

lets hope someone or something sees sense here and looks at a different structure for Hills footy moving forward.
by Legs Man
Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SH*T - knew I would forget some!

OK - I am also resigned to the fact that we are likely in a 9 and 9 team comp situation.

It has been a breath of fresh air for Echunga playing in Central with more people coming to matches and wanting to be involved.

The tyranny of distance kills any hope for junior footy though and must be addressed.

Perhaps we look at geographical areas of 9 teams in each zone?

E.G.

Southern Hills: Lofty, Bridgey, Echunga, Hahndorf, Meadows , Maccy, Kangarilla, Ironbank, Blackwood

Northern Hills: Mt Barker, Nairne, Lobey, TV, Kersbrook, Gumeracha, Birdwood, Onkas, Uraidla

Combined C grade across both zones for overflow and Milang, Sedan, Callington.

This also allows for a "conference" match mid year South V North

Finals will still be top 5 teams in each zone.

You could even have a super GF after between the winners of each zone.

It also dispenses with the relegation system and makes it an overall even comp with relatively easy travel.

Hopefully someone from the league is reading this!
by Legs Man
Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No need to Chopper - they play for the love of the club, it's environment and facilities.

Lets all hope the Central clubs get to enjoy our facilities for years to come!
by Legs Man
Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing a man on man game is likely the best option re Uraidla.

They come out the back of the stoppage nearly every time and have great skills.

Also prepared to hang on to the footy until someone is there to assist - even if it means getting caught.

Superior voice also and direct the match well among themselves.

It seems to all be about possession - if they have the footy you don't!
by Legs Man
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off topic I know but for Echunga people, has the Hagan Arms Pub closed down?

Hagen Arms has been taken back by the freehold owner and i believe it will be back to normal asap.

The people who had the lease were effectively kicked out - and this is a great result IMO.

Most locals had black banned the Hagen due to the attitude taken towards them. (e.g. no support for the community)
by Legs Man
Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm an outsider but gee this relegation shit does my head in flicking through it, that's all that's talked about every week.

The reason it is so topical is that it is so damn important and was so badly handled by the HFL leading into this season.

Amazing what a lack of trust by the HFL in the clubs involved has done - and something they should be accountable for.

If the playing field was even for all clubs involved this may have helped in gaining some equity for the governing body.

It wasn't and now has set a precedence for problematic times moving forward.

Clubs are now gun shy when dealing with the HFL as the air of mistrust is still evident.

Lets hope they take responsibility for their previous actions and admit the shortcomings in the way they handled it - amend their ways and show real leadership this time.
by Legs Man
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahndorf have been asked to prepare/plan for a GF but not guaranteed, will be decided closer and dependant on oval conditions etc. So not sure that the comment Legsman makes that HFL Officials are making a mockery about inspecting grounds etc is truly accurate. Any club hosting a GF should be given a bit of prewarning to prepare, the GF is not something you can whip together with a weeks notice.

Legsman you truly have some baggage with the HFL Officials (LOL)!

Re Mt Barker have heard the same Cracka, as the 'big new sports ground' funding off Springs Road has been pushed back. For the size of Mt Barker their facilities are pretty average. couldnt agree more that Callington best spot for the modies carnival.

Cheers Groovster - yes I get quite wary now of any sign of bias by the HFL and was likely a bit "strong" with my "mockery" wording.

It's the old adage of "Once bitten" that has tarnished my views.

Hey - the HFL may actually be on the right path allowing a club to actually plan toward something (albeit not allowing us to plan for Central)

Couldn't help myself - apology in advance ;)
by Legs Man
Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Chop - I haven't said how good we are too much - just how good it is for other sides getting to play at Echunga.

Surely you agree it would be a travesty if we are forced to go down and are juniors are destroyed after 1 year without ample planning for all grades?

The HFL hasn't done us any favours and seem unlikely to in the future.

I have everything crossed that we can beat TV but it shouldn't come down to this when we are firmly entrenched in the finals race.

We appreciate your support and the support of the other fair minded clubs and supporters.
by Legs Man
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elmer J you make some terrific points in relation to Echunga. They outside of their A Grade have accumulated fewer points all year in the other 4 teams they field each week. That is pathetic. Their B grade is a joke and they are just behind TV in the feral stakes. Would it not be good to have Nairne and Mt Lofty back in Central and the 2 ferals back in country where they belong in 2015. Have heard on the other hand though we may very well have a 14 team 1 division competition as early as next year.

Has been - the name says it all.

Interesting when the need to label a club which would have one of the highest socio demographic populations becomes the state of play.

Great response - HAS BEEN!

My biggest gripe is that Echunga was not provided the same timeframe to compete in Central with respect to planning and acquiring juniors etc.

Happy to take the medicine should we have been given the same chance when going up - which did not happen due to the HFL showing a lack of trust when we assured them of all sides being fielded.

I hope all is resolved in the positive for us with a win at the bog hole.
by Legs Man
Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sulking Banker - just very p**sed off at TV getting more points, having less prep time than TV and seeing clubs play in the top tier with absolutely substandard facilities.

We knew the rules going in - but this doesn't make them any fairer as the junior club points are skewed towards the bigger clubs as a safety mechanism.

If we were given the same opportunity as all current Central sides then I would have a different view - but we weren't and I am sure in the same situation
your opinion would be similar.
by Legs Man
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LM not sure what planet you are on TBH!

Where did Echunga finish on the club shield last year??? Again, very successful in the A grade and others sides average at best!

It certainly goes to show all scenarios weren't considered because what's happened so far isn't better for footy and there's every chance it wont be better for you guys!

I don't think it is better for footy if a side playing in Central finals could be playing against the bottom 3 - 4 sides in Country next year.

Bet they are looking forward to getting smashed every time they play us and gaining more confidence.

The void is too large as Mt Lofty have shown.

I do take my hat off to the dominant junior "heavy" Central clubs though for structuring a club shield mechanism which ensures they don't get relegated.

The current situation is a farce and makes a mockery of having the best A grade sides playing in the best competition.

No other league would entertain this!

As long as you field all sides you should be able to play in Central division if your A grade warrants it.

You can call it sulking if you like - but I call it common sense!
by Legs Man
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure Mt Lofty will support your efforts to allocate more points the promoted Country Div club ;)

It's not about having more points - it is simply ensuring the side coming up has maximum allowable.

i know I have said it on numerous occasions - but how can TV have 5 more points than Echunga when they are already in the higher competition?

This is not equitable and gives them a distinct advantage.

When the HFL is queried on this they shut down the dialogue immediately - which tells me they too know it is wrong but are too weak to fix it.
by Legs Man
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hagen for Nozza! - no GE
by Legs Man
Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to come in half way through a conversation but I'm not following this story.

How does a team win a flag and get relegated?

Feel free to PM me :D

Across the season you get 10 points for an A grade win, 5 for Bs, 3 (or 2?) for Juniors etc. The club with the lowest tally is relegated should a Div 2 club wish to come up.

Echunga finished the A grade minor round in 4th, before storming through the finals. Their B grade were winless, and juniors only won a handful of games.

The points must be accrued across the season - so when does a season become complete prior the GF?
In short - it doesn't!
If the HFL is prepared to dig their heels in on this they are only showing their disrespect for the competition they oversee.
After getting to this point I have no doubt that Echunga will provide a very strong case to remain in the competition they have just won.
Back to back country and central flags is historical within this league and deserves the recognition by the HFL and the football fraternity as a whole.
Surely the officiating body doesn't want this headache after the great season in Central this year.

Next year they might even play a final at Echunga.....
by Legs Man
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LIndsay , Aish and Harland in from last year - the rest were current or past Echunga players.

Luke Wilson was #4 but didn't play in the finals.
by Legs Man
Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MONTE CRISTO wrote:Legsman - for the sake of everyone. Go off somewhere and write a book! Your stories are getting more boring by the moment.

Reckon McGahey will be a good choice for Onkas.

Don't like it - simple - :? don't read it!
by Legs Man
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Apologies if my banter has been too much - it is a situation that I am naturally very passionate about as it is the future of our club and the league as a whole.
As I am sure anyone else on this board would also be presented with the same situation.
The club is bigger than the individual and i will leave it at that.
by Legs Man
Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legsman has gone quite this week has he had his computer confiscated too

Just reading the banter and waiting on some factual comment.

Hearing a 12 team comp is on the table with Nairne and Mt lofty up - leaving a 6 team country comp.

Not a bad outcome given the strength of juniors and looking towards the future.

It certainly opens up some good options for night games early in the season with many of the clubs now having suitable lighting.

Sensible move by all concerned as it keeps the premier in central and keeps the good facilities in the main competition.

Good to see common sense prevail and the HFL actually do something with respect to improving Hills footy.

The HFL directors and clubs can stand tall and be remembered for showing strength and smart direction - well done!

At least now we can see if Echunga is a formidable opponent in 2015 and whether the other Central clubs are good enough to beat them.
by Legs Man
Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bassani coaching Echunga and rumours quashed.
by Legs Man
Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is one easy way to police the salary cap issue - STOP PAYING these mercinaries the ridiculous amounts they want. NONE of them (Not one) are worth it. The clubs can put a stop to it. MOST of these guys are has beens (pardon the pun) or guys now too old for SANFL or AFL or not quite dedicated or good enough for ressies or just want to play with their mates. As a sponsor of a certain club in central I wont be putting a cent in if I see what they are mentioning transpire. They aint gonna piss my hard earned up against a wall anymore.................... I know some of the other sponsors feel the same way....................... see how smart they are hey..... our club is not the only one. I would rather come last go back to country than pay these clowns my money. I speak to many sponsors at other clubs and they are feeling the same way lately. The Echunga example is just proof of their stupidity when 6 weeks out the money ran out.................................. uh uh uh uh.........

Typical has been uneducated and uninformed statement re Echunga.

Recruited strategically and the best of any club plus got the reward.
Have invested money in facilities and juniors.
All players that were paid have received their much deserved remuneration.
Have some handy players wanting to come to the club and play in 2015 - with 2 zero points A grade players also returning.

Please put your hand up on behalf of your club and go back to country div as you have stated.
by Legs Man
Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Supreme Court rules in Echunga's favour.

An unbiased decision made at the highest level taking into account all aspects surrounding relegation and the process.

Great win for Hills Football overall and common sense prevailing.
by Legs Man
Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh - and Merry Christmas to all involved with this board - contributors and moderators!

I hope that I have brightened and enlightened your day with my input and thank you for your respective comments and support.( albeit not always in my favour )

Let's look towards a 2015 competition which will undoubtedly be one of the most interesting for many years.
by Legs Man
Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Cracka - agreed!
Will be an awesome season in 2015.
Let's hope the haters on the board see the light and get on with constructive comments regarding progressing the competition.
There are always 2 sides to a story and everyone was confronted by a unique and trying situation.
If we all truly love this great game and competition our actions will speak louder than words.
The HFL needs to take this approach also and present the participating clubs with an even and fair competition from this point on.
If they show this agenda and a transparent unbiased charter they will have my full support.
by Legs Man
Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Editorial from the Mt Barker Courier - Dec 22
An unbiased opinion taken directly from their editorial "Opinion" column.

An own goal
The saga that has plagued the Hills Football League (HFL) since the Central Division grand final has been an embarrassment for everyone.
Sadly the issue could not be resolved internally and the matter had to clog the already overburdened court system.
The only good thing about the final decision announced in the Supreme Court on Monday is that it gives some closure to the issue and allows everyone the opportunity to move on.
As soon as the farcical situation became clear that, under the HFL rules, the club which won the competition’s A-grade premiership would have to be demoted due to the poor performances of its B-grade and junior sides, the matter has staggered from the sublime to the ridiculous.
It might have been common knowledge to clubs that the relegation rule hinged on points given to minor round games only, but the wording of the by-law fails to make that clear which paved the way for Echunga’s ultimately successful legal challenge.
The real pity is that the matter had to chew up an estimated $50,000 in legal fees … money raised largely through hard working volunteers cooking barbecues and organising chook raffles.
The makeup of next year’s Central Division competition looks likely to be one of 11 teams including Echunga and the promoted Mt Lofty.
The real question is why the league’s administrators and the club delegates could not grasp the oft-mentioned shortcomings in the by-law and recognise that playing an 11-team competition for 12 months while the constitution was professionally rewritten and tightened was the best outcome.
Sending the Central Division premiers back to Country Division was not good for that competition, the image of the league or football in general.
It is galling, especially for club volunteers, that all this money was spent on lawyers only to arrive at a conclusion that was obvious to almost all fans of Hills football.
As soon as it was realised the constitution was flawed all parties needed to come together and make practical decisions to allow football, not lawyers, to be the winner.
by Legs Man
Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting bit of history.

Seems the make up of the competition changed to suit the times which is the best way forward IMO.

My thoughts would be to allow any hills club that wants to play Central comp to do so providing they can field all 4 teams every gameday.

Draw is to be structured from previous seasons results and is 18 - 20 rounds depending on AFL draw timing, association and country champs.

There is no need to play each other twice as this is another major roadblock in place currently.

Natural attrition will then take effect with clubs not strong enough falling back into the second tier comp.

Only 2 divisions with the second tier having all clubs left including current C grade sides.

Time and results will sort out the makeup of each division. ( no relegation - allow clubs to come up and go down as required )

No club shield / points as this is a definite roadblock if retained - and has simply been a safety net for clubs with strong juniors.

All clubs have the same apps points allowance with no extra allocation allowable, regardless of circumstance, ensuring an even chance for all.

This also stops the remuneration of players / recruits from increasing as points reduce.

Even rotation of finals match ground allocation set at the start of each season regardless of who is playing in them or likely to. ( no changes allowed once set )

Clubs must meet a certain criteria with respect to facilities to qualify to go in the finals ground rotation draw.

Level heads and common sense is needed from now on with "own club" agendas and "league bias" forgone for the sake of hills football.
by Legs Man
Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a tough one but we have to consider any option to grow our league.
Granted the HFL is tainted as a comp currently but dissolving the current board of directors and president will fix this.
I just hope the clubs see how badly they have been advised and led thus implementing a vote of no confidence and starting fresh.
Until this occurs we will be haunted by demons past.

My reasoning behind allowing any club to compete in Central - as long as they field all sides - is to ensure no barriers are in place with respect to each club's juniors.
There are lots of kids who will consider playing with your club as long as you are in Central especially if they are overflow from the big junior clubs and not getting a regular game.
You only have to look at the number of junior participants at some of the Central clubs to see that this can be spread across more clubs and increase all clubs junior numbers overall .

Has anyone heard the sentiment by the clubs now knowing that they were ill advised by the league ( costing them financially ) and have they put processes in place to start again with a fresh slate?
I believe there is a meeting coming up soon.
by Legs Man
Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Running defender you are so totally off the mark its a joke. Your arrogance is typical wanna be club fluked a flag and now has no idea how to be humble. Why in your little tirade above did you not mention the very things that make your club great like your very personable goal umpire who abuses and threatens to kill kids and then in an under 15 game did the same thing. Your coach is another matter....................... Why has your president slid into the back ground and your VP wankington or whatever his name is speaks up. Is that because the pres like many of your club members dont agree with what your club has done and want nothing to do with it. Interesting. Hopefully you make it to the south east for xmas and santa gives you a suitcase full of humbleness to maybe shrink that massive ego you seem to have. Remember one thing sambo - the kalma bus will pull up outside echunga one day and it will be sooner rather rather than later.

Mellington is the VP's name - but you obviously weren't able to derive this from the article posted by Dutchy?

Fully understand the humility call - but with comments like yours hasbeen ( both now and previously ) I also understand the bitterness towards you.

It is unfortunate when people show an inability to argue logically and sensibly - requiring personal attacks to bolster their appearance.

I actually would of thought that coming from such a strong club as Mt Barker with all your capacity to draw players at all levels from such a large population base you would show some humility too.

My recommendation would be to follow Echunga's lead and maybe win a GF - which you should be doing year in year out.

You could also follow Echunga's lead with getting your disgracefully substandard facilities and oval up to scratch.
by Legs Man
Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

Noted re Gumeracha, hopefully just a 'one off'. So if Hahndorf hadnt have helped Kangarilla would they be able to fill a side in Senior Colts? I didnt realise/appreciate just how strong Hahndorf is with their numbers of players in junior ranks. If they didnt help and Kangarilla didnt have enough to fill a team in Senior Colts that then would have created a another hole in this comp. Has adjusting the age groups been considered /analysed to see if this helps (eg U14, U16 and U18 Or U12, U14 and U16?) with numbers of eligible kids?

The change of age bracket would be a good start Wazza as it brings us into line with all other major Aussie Rules comps.
by Legs Man
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

I was told earlier in the year that Jesse Aish had accepted a role as assistant reserves coach at Norwood and would only play for Echunga on weeks that Norwood played Friday night or Sunday matches . I see Norwood reserves played Saturday afternoon yet Aish still suited up for the Dee's! Has the offer at Echunga become to attractive for him to give the commitment to Norwood?

Stupid comment / question which is what I would expect from an ill informed forum member simply trying to cause angst by stooping to new levels with respect to a great bloke, player and ambassador for our game.

Hi Legs, i do apologies if i am infact ill informed. Can you please enlighten me to what part of my question was ill informed?
Is Aish not an assistant coach at Norwood? Did that side not play at a similar time to Echunga's A grade? Does his remuneration at Echunga not tower over that of an SANFL reserves coach? Again if i am incorrect please explain where i have gone wrong?

Remuneration is between him and the club and yes he assists with Norwood's reserves.
Your comments seem only to be a veiled attempt to cause disruption and bad mouth a great person and footy ambassador.
Interesting that you know what a reserves assistant gets and what a player at another clubs agreements are.
Having access to all the information you obviously have - could you please enlighten the forum members as to whether anyone on your committee is gaining remuneration for their services - and if so what they are doing to receive this - in what I would think is a voluntary role?
Could you also reveal your club of origin at a junior level?
If you want to open up the door LB and a big can of worms I am happy to accommodate.
by Legs Man
Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Echunga match was a ripper with the same scoring shots by both teams.
Uraidla getting the job done in the last quarter aided by a good breeze with 10 minutes of good skilled footy.
Really hard fought match with pure tough attack footy in and around the ball.
Both these sides are well matched although Echunga looks to be a bit quicker - but Uraidla has the bulk to combat this on a wet day.
Fantastic atmosphere for ANZAC day with both clubs conducting themselves admirably both on and off the field.

Luke Carey named best for the Crows SANFL side at the Bay on Friday night - well done and well deserved.

Also noticed that the SAAFL are calling for registrations of interest for entry into their comp in the paper again - perhaps this is where Blackwood belong?
by Legs Man
Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Relegation table: (pos. change)
Hahndorf - 90 (+1)
Blackwood - 85 (-1)
Uraidla Districts - 76 (-)
Mount Barker - 64 (+2)
Lobethal - 64 (-1)
Torrens Valley - 60 (-1)
Mount Lofty District - 49 (-)
Ironbank-Cherry Gardens - 37 (+1)
Echunga - 30 (-1)
Onkaparinga Valley - 23 (-)
Not looking good for us.

Strangely enough, you'll make up points on Echunga this weekend as apart from their A Grade, their other teams are unlikely to generate any points for them.

Just like Torrens Valley, their A Grade is Div 1 standard, the rest of the club is very much Div 2.
Have u seen our other grades ladder positions, in the past our other grades have been near the pointy end but we are really struggling this year. Our U15's lost to Uraidla by 3 points & I've already received complaints that they had 5 good players from Mt Barker helping them, 2 of which were in Mt Barkers best the week before when we played them.

This is an example of why the relegation system is totally flawed - particularly when junior grades have such a bearing on the ultimate outcome.
Uraidla propped up by Mt Barker, TV with overage permits and some clubs not fielding u/13's (when this was supposedly a strict requirement to play Div 1)
It is virtually impossible for smaller population clubs to compete in the junior area against towns (suburbs) like Mt Barker, Blackwood, Hahndorf etc.
I am all for having an even comp and leveling things out - but this cannot be achieved equitably with such a population discrepancy.
Some type of system has to be implemented - understandably hard to do of course - that sees this aspect evened out - because currently the odds are stacked heavily in the larger populated clubs favour - and the clubs being assisted by these.
Should we change the Div 1 comp to Mt Barker and Districts League as that is what it's becoming.
by Legs Man
Mon May 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why should Onkaparinga Valley or Echunga get relegated this year when they do the right thing and field all grades, if there are others that don't?
So are you saying Uraidla & Torrens Valley should be relegated next year if they don't have all junior sides, even if one of them wins the flag.

Houston - we have a problem %-( X_X :-$
by Legs Man
Wed May 20, 2015 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Every league affiliated should be represented when this type of overbearing decision is made.
It is simply a SANFL saviour situation that has been instituted by representatives that have one agenda - save our SANFL reserves comp and keep the SAAFL strong.
It is also unfortunate that one person in particular on the board will lead and orchestrate the direction taken which is not with the best interest of the competition they supposedly are representing at heart - and I am sure we all know the primary SANFL allegiance.
I wonder if most of the mooted change was made over another long long lunch!!!
Each of the Country leagues are quite different in makeup whereas a one size fits all approach has been taken which again shows a total lack of understanding.
Don't get me wrong as I agree that some changes / tinkering is required but the way it is occurring and the fallout that will ensue is not in the best interests of country footy.
by Legs Man
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Good luck to the Milang boys - hope you can get up!

Pretty average decision having it scheduled at one of the competing sides home ground - plus the advantage that home side gets with sides playing in the grades above C 's and being able to manipulate the system with players.

Who makes these decisions ?

Surely a neutral ground could have been utilised in a geographical location between both clubs - both Hahndorf and Echunga have suitable lights.

Go the Panthers - Echunga will be hoping you win.
by Legs Man
Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

Problem is it requires people to get off their complaining a**es, put their hand up & actually do something. Then they've got to cop the abuse coz no matter what they do or say, it will be wrong for someone. As I've found throughout life, people will complain on the smallest of issues but very rarely give praise for even the toughest decisions.

Fully understand Cracka and agree with your comment
It certainly would be a thankless job and taking into account it is fully voluntary not too many would put their hand up.
There may be a resistance from prospective new board members currently though as they won't nominate to be part of the current board.
To gain a fresh start and possibly gain a new board make up the current board needs to be dissolved in its entirety - make this known publicly - and promote it as a fresh start.
Promote it strongly that change is occurring and actively seek new board members.
If this results in current board members being re elected then the clubs and hills footy community have to live with it.

Is it a situation where anyone can nominate or do they need to be sanctioned by a current member?
If the latter - then maybe this is a roadblock?
Can you assist with the club of origin and serving time for current board members Cracka - as you have a good understanding of it?
by Legs Man
Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes - apparently a bit of in team fighting due to certain players not using certain players when they were free to receive the football.
This is obviously 2nd hand info but I have heard it from a couple of people involved at TV that egos played a major part in the side.
TV are a very good side without the Ellis boys from what I saw last Saturday and will give Hahndorf a really good match.
It was also noticeable that TV were prepared to utilise any player that was open and in a better position during the first final and played some damn good footy - led by O'Sullivan who was outstanding.
by Legs Man
Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |