Search found 88 matches

Return

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Legs Man wrote:Presenters are personal preference IMO.

My understanding is that there will be rotating hosts and guests on a regular basis so that everyone is catered to.

WOW - Rucci b4 Treadrea!

Legs Man = Brian Taylor.

Dogwatcher wrote:Work for 9 or Crocmedia, Legs Man?
by Booney
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Really enjoyed the game at Uraidla . Echunga looked like they have done a big pre season, every player looked lean and up for the contest. Uraidla looked short of a gallop and will benefit from the run.
The difference was the skill level by foot of Uraidla and everytime Uri's needed a lift they were able to produce. The Eberts were good and Richards still a gun.

The depth as the season goes on would be a concern for Echunga . The B grade was a blowout and they wouldn't want Carey or Cranna to go down.
In saying that the recruits looked good and the return of Snell adds much needed height to the backline. Echunga is a stronger side than last year's which dominated country and will need to be. I would say the club would be happy with the first weekend in central.
by The Panther
Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central Division - Round 2 Sat 12th April
Onka Valley Vs Bridgewater - Onka's by around 3 goals.
Echunga Vs Ironbank - Didnt look like Echunga had all the new recruits playing last week? do they have many to come in? If so I can see this one being close. Seeing as its Echunga 1st home game and they love the big spaces to use their running game. Maybe an upset Echunga by a goal!
Torrens Valley Vs Mount Barker - Mount Barker by 7 goals.
Lobethal Vs Uraidla Dist - Uraidla by 5 goals.
Hahndorf Vs Blackwood - Blackwood by 7 goals.
by The Sorce
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's only 3 rounds in. Don't go writing Echunga off yet. They were in it untill half time vs Uraidla, probably should have beaten Ironbank and were competitive against Lobethal who are a very strong side and in the best form. They will probably beat any team who is having a slightly off day and will definitely pull some wins very soon.
by the_grinch
Fri May 02, 2014 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought Echunga did a reasonable job last week. From the sidelines, seemed like a proud Club who are hell bent on staying in Central Div next year. Obviously got a couple of great sponsors/donors or an unbelievable Social scene to compliment a hardworking Committee. They've talked up their facilities so looking forward to the return game later this year, beats travelling to Mountain Goat park (which will probably be on the cards again next year, but hopefully Nairne has something to say about that).

Very even comp, no one can be taken lightly. Only 3 rounds in but I'd suggest 5 or 6 teams would be thinking premiership window is open.
by Yellow & Black
Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“He might have been naive, but he didn't care; he said he'd rather die with his heart on his sleeve than end up another cynic.”
by Mop Up
Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing a man on man game is likely the best option re Uraidla.

They come out the back of the stoppage nearly every time and have great skills.

Also prepared to hang on to the footy until someone is there to assist - even if it means getting caught.

Superior voice also and direct the match well among themselves.

It seems to all be about possession - if they have the footy you don't!

Spoken like a true coach..
by Champ
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope everyone is right in saying Lobey don't play well in the wet.

Echunga is still in pretty good condition at this stage though - albeit probably deteriorating after the colts and B grade games.

Round 16 looms as the relegation decider with Echunga playing TV at Mt Torrens velodrome.

If both club's A'Grade win no more or less than they did in the first round I'd imagine it's already pretty much decided?
by Champ
Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to say Legs Man our canteen has run out of food on more than one occasion this year.

I was surprised how good the oval was though.

Echung have now ( I believe ) beaten all bar Mount Barker and Uraidla this year.
If canteens running out of food is the only complaint about a clubs facilities then I think you're doing OK. We had a heap of food leftover on Saturday as we had expected a bigger crowd against Uraidla, catering is a massive guessing game.
by cracka
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs man I love your passion for your team. I love the way your A grade play but the rest of your club , well .............. As for beating Mt Barker and Uri's well we hope you can, but I doubt it. Cracka and Elma you actually have to train to play senior footy so maybe Daniel Philp would be a great player if he was committed and young Tommy Smith has struggled at times this year. Ironbank where actually trying to win B grade as well so Jarman can't win ? Tommy's time will come and he knows that. Once again shut ya mouths unless you know the full circumstance. Ironbank have turned over a full A grade team basically over the past 2 years and promoted youth and I think you will find 16-17 local players last week and we are a team that actually plays within the points rules........ As stated previously the club knows what needs to be done and don't be surprised if in 18 months all the knockers are eating their words.

Judging by this post I think that LM's passion for his club is easily rivalled by yours...

At any rate, I think a lot of people are forgetting... Echunga were supposed to be the easy beats hacks of the comp and would never match it with anyone let alone even be a consideration for finals... Now they're in the five the attention has been turned to how bad their B'Grade are! Se3riously talk about rubbish! Their senior colts are 7th, junior colts 9th which in my opinion is not actually that bad considering they've come from a competition where you dont need to necessarily train to play and you have a bye every bloody fortnight. The b'grades another story but I dont see Onkas on here celebrating their b'grade success when their A's are sitting bottom so fair go you blokes.
by Champ
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not everyone's going to be happy, no matter what the results. I also mentioned earlier: can the Club Shield weightings be different? But there are massive pros & cons for that as well ie weight seniors too strongly & the Uraidla situation gets magnified even more greatly. Weight the Colts more strongly & the crux of your club (seniors) getting flogged reflects poorly on the club, yet they remain in Central. SAAFL obviously does promotion/relegation as standard, it's a simple factor. Hills is a different beast due to the communities involved & sharing talent pools, however it is still a promotion/relegation situation. Simple.

Could you take away the promotion/relegation? I haven't seen the survey but does it mention anything about a settled two team comp, NOT two-tiered comp ? Ask all clubs: where do you want to be? What are your registered numbers as of X date? What is your case to be in Central or Country? Who knows, you may just get this year's relegated team & maybe Nairne being the clubs that 'want' to be in a different league. Then leave those leagues as-is for 3 years, then re-visit. That allows for clubs to establish a 3-year plan when it comes to coaches, players, junior academies, recruiting etc.

Legs Man: I agree with you re timings. The clubs involved in a promotion/relegation situation really need to know ALL the ins & outs/what's required straight after the season's end.
by Justquietly
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm an outsider but gee this relegation shit does my head in flicking through it, that's all that's talked about every week.
by grasshopper22
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man I wish you'd contribute a little more on this forum. Thought I'd logged onto the "How good are Echunga" page.

Regarding finals ovals - Lobey won't be hosting any this year. Oval in bad need of top dressing before cricket kicks off. I believe the HFL have selected Uraidla, Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Torrens Valley (at Mt Pleasant), Onkas and Echunga as candidates.

12 posts in 2 and a half years.... don't think you should be criticising others contributions pal
by Pinarello
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man I was impressed with Echungas facilities, I doubt there would've been a better playing surface in the Hills last weekend, excluding Callington. The visitors rooms were comfortable, plenty of parking, lot's of food options (whilst it was available) and importantly, no shortage of stout and port. Spectator shelter looked limited if it were a bad day. One of the Echunga die hards mentioned the lights are good enough to hold cricket matches. Well done to you blokes, look forward to heading back next year.

Did you say you've already invested in new goal posts? A few of our players commented that they were quite short...

Also good to see old Vic out running water in his stubby shorts. What happened between him and Bridgy?
by Yellow & Black
Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Country Division

After half time Lofty had 19 on the field, so had their score wiped after a count. Were trailing by a goal or so at the time I believe. Probably the worst thing that could have happened from a Maccy perspective as it kicked Lofty into gear after what had been a sluggish game. Also heard Gumeracha were guilty of the same thing on Saturday? A crazy day around the league by the sound of it!
by flanker
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Davies departure

I'll put it under John Olson & Leigh Whicker's watch
The buck always stops at the top when the decisions are made there
The decision to bow to the AFC threats was made by them and the clubs
Shoot the generals, not the soldiers
Haters want to blame everyone regardless
If that was acceptable, there'd be carnage at SACA
Putting the SANFL ticket prices up to $12 is an operational decision made by Davies' predecessor
Now there's a f!!! Stupid decision with a longstanding effect
by Jimmy_041
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

interesting isnt it. We have 2 clubs in echunga and TV who spend the bucks and have half decent a grade sides yet crap junior programs. Will it be that when they play in a few weeks time that the winner of the a grade game will determine who gets relegated ? One would think TV would win the first 4 games that day so if they won the a grade game echunga would be staring relegation in the face. Clubs like Bridgy and Ironbank and Onkas will be fine even if they dont win many a grade games as they have developed their kids and get an even points spread in the MC shield. They dont deserve to get relegated as they will be strong clubs in the next year or 2 due to their good local content coming along. It will be a great last 5 weeks of the season.

Interesting but uneducated comments by SC - perhaps some sour grapes or a feeling of guilt taking into account the money IB are paying for Jarman, Alleway and Motlop without gaining the results they should.? (taking into account Echunga was also negotiating for Motlop and IB offered more so we have an understanding of this and what IB have been spending.)

I would also suspect Jarman is the highest paid playing coach in the HFL. (At his age and being the coach should he be in the side before a local?)

Uraidla,TV, Lobey and others also pay players - but maintaining a good local player number along with recruits as we are doing gives the up and coming senior colts something to aim for. (well that's the plan anyway)

Lobey and Uraidla also seem to take this path which we have adopted looking to succeed.(I am not sure of TV and how they roll except to say that the money being spent to avoid relegation is over the top)

Echunga actually has an good junior program in place but found it hard to attract junior players while playing in Country div.
Now that they are in Central - albeit with very late notification - the junior sides are on the improve with respect to both number of players and results.

All clubs recruit within Central div to compete - and it has become a vicious circle with respect to this.
Fortunately Echunga has a good spread of locals in its A grade complimented by some good recruits - which anyone who has followed our player stocks in country div would know.

Our senior colts hold their own and junior colts are slowly developing along with our under 13 side.

I also think it is reasonable for Echunga to be given the maximum allowable points when coming up from the lower division - but they were not - and hence are playing at a disadvantage against TV who have up to 18 points.

Again I pose the question - why have TV been given more points than sides below them after the 2013 season?

It will certainly be an interesting few weeks - but my money is on Echunga avoiding relegation - even with one hand tied behind it's back!

Legs - don't get sucked in by SC and then resort to his level of making statements of which you are clearly not informed enough about to make. .. you may know stuff about Echunga but you don't about IB.
i.e. - Alleway played one game during a bye for Glenelg and received no payment.
i.e. - IB offered less than Echunga to Motlop i.e. - Jarman played one sole game

Categorically 1million percent untrue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Champ
Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It would be an absolute Joke should Echunga be relegated after what they have achieved this year - particularly taking into account they couldn't even plan for Central until so late in the piece.

The points weight given to B grade and Senior Colts is too high considering the finance involved in competing in Central A grade.

I hope it doesn't come down to this match after all the great work we have done.

There are some people who are talking "legal" if it does and they are very passionate plus well equipped. (certainly as good as TV had when they secured a 2 year guarantee - watch this space)

The competition doesn't need another saga like last year - and I am sure the HFL doesn't want to see another clubs junior program decimated (which will happen if Echunga goes down).

Would the HFL let it happen with no feeling of guilt - my guess is they would after their attitude at the end of 2013.

Rules are rules Legs Man, simple as that. Just tell your blokes to pull their fingers out this weekend. Would much rather read your biased/annoying post about how good Echunga are week in week out than run around at Mt Torrens again.
by chopper7
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair call re timeframe - and yes we had started planning - but letting parents and prospective recruits know that late (DEC) immediately puts you at a disadvantage.

I reckon that if all current Central sides were told they cant recruit until after the DEC. AGM there would be a mutiny.

Understand that you can try and recruit earlier - but the uncertainty in players eyes makes it very difficult.

We nearly even lost some club bred players who were wanting to play at the higher level as we couldn't guarantee our position.

This is a problem with the promotion / relegation system - and we aren't the only club to encounter it - which isn't equitable.

How can you tell recruits we are playing in Central when the decision is still hanging on special meetings etc.

Lets see how things play out over the next few weeks - with our hope being to play in Central in 2015.

Legs man
I have two differing views on the current situation that your club may find itself in.

If everything else was equal, I’d say that the by-laws have to decide who goes down, and whatever club finishes bottom just has to suck it up.

Unfortunately, everything isn’t equal, which means that the relegation issue is being compromised in 2014. Let me give examples how:
• Torrens Valley are playing with 18 points a game, as the HFL decided to give them additional points – this is unfair on every other club.
• Torrens Valley are being allowed to field junior teams that contain up to 6 players on permits. That is, a lad who should be playing U15s is also allowed to play U13s (as an overage player), or a lad who should be playing U17s is also allowed to play U15s. This is a blatant disregard of the reasons why permits are given, and TV are using this to ensure they get teams on the park each week, which has in turn resulted in them winning important junior points in the relegation battle. Again, the HFL accept this is wrong but are unable/unwilling to act on it.

Add to the mix the fact that TV can’t even field one team in the modified carnival, and you can understand why many of us are just left shaking our heads.
by Elmer J Thudpucker
Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All the talk on here is how unfair it is for Echunga getting relegated but the same could be said for MtLofty getting promoted if on grand final day this year they lose their first match of the season and then the premier decides to go up even if MtLofty win every other premiership on the day.
by Kick'n Back
Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disappointed we are looking down the barrel of relegation after not being as good as Torrens Valley at mud wrestling but i guess that is the way the cookie crumbles. Lofty took their medicine and it looks as though we may have to do the same. Ive been proud of the way we have gone about it this year and think we have certainly added something to the competition.
I could be wrong but i think this has been one of the more even years of central division across all the grades (aside from the Junior powerhouse clubs Blackwood, Barker and Hahndorf) of recent memory and probably the hardest part to accept is the fact we are stronger than Torrens Valley in 3 out of the 4 grades but will be left to lament our poor B grade performance.

Just gotta hope for a Kersbrook v Macclesfield GF :shock: theres still hope!
by bookie
Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Mt. Barker get rewarded with a final considering the condition of their oval and their horrendous away changerooms they offer that is a joke! It's about time the richest club in the competition is forced to do something about one of the worst surfaces and away changerooms going around.

Also, i cannot understand why the points system is under fire from everyone... It is only just starting to take effect and the competition in central is probably the most even it has ever been. I think if you see a couple of retirements out of Uraidla next season that you will see an even closer competition next year! The only thing that needs to be fixed is the allocation of extra points (there shouldn't be any) and maybe a fine tuning of the scaling.
by shake'n'bake
Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i don't doubt what you are saying tank...but it does strike me as a little odd....

Mate it is more than just a little odd - it is a very unique situation that creates an awful lot of emotion

Serious Question - Is there any other league in Australia that has more than one division, in which the entire club consisting of junior and senior grades play on the same day in the same competition?

The only other I can think of was the SFL before they moved to one division back in the 90's?

You could argue the Riverland still have that type of set-up, but never transfer teams between divisions.
There are a number of leagues in Victoria that have 2 or more divisions, but junior football is primarily on Sundays with the exception of the odd senior colts team in some comps.

Fight to the death to retain it, however there is a serious flaw if Echunga get relegated. Promotion/Relegation needs to be more weighted towards to A-Grade, but having all teams must be a pre-requisite.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This whole promotion/relegation thing is a joke. The way the HFL handled it last season was baffling, and one can only assume it won't get any better going forward. It puzzles me why there is one set of criteria for promotion from country to central (A Grade success), however a different set of criteria for relegation to country from central (overall club success). While that clause is in place it's hard to see anything more than a sh!t fight developing. Yes I know its the rules, and the clubs voted it in.... does not make it right!

I can only assume the HFL see's the central comp as being the pinnacle of football in the district.... and that's fair enough, so they don't want byes etc in junior football.... but somehow that's ok for the country comp?!? If the HFL truly see the central comp as the pinnacle, then surely they would want the best A grade teams competing. Sorry if that is inconvenient HFL..... but Echunga will play finals in A Grade this season, and have been a more than competitive unit. But on the strength (or in this case, lack of it) the B Grade, and colts teams, Echunga will be told to pi55 back to country!!

So what's the answer..... For mine there are only 3 plausible scenarios.... none of which I think the HFL will find palatable, but there you go guys, your in charge, make the hard call.

1. Promotion/Relegation is based ONLY on A Grade - so taking this season as an example - Hahndorf to country & Lofty back to central.... love to see it, but it won't happen.

2. Go to the 3 division system that has been moved on here before - I think its the best way, continue with Promotion/Relegation, I also think this will make the gaps between the standards a lot smaller. Div 3 for those clubs that regularly struggle to fill junior teams, with the incentive for them to fill sides in juniors to push back up through the grades.

3. Central becomes a 12 team comp - bring in Lofty & Nairne..... and basically kill Country altogether!
by Pinarello
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From an outsider looking in this league's board never ceases to amaze with their logical thinking ;)

So Euchunga were meant to have a final and do all the planning around that only to be told a week before they dont have it anymore and on the other hand Mt Barker now have one week to organize hosting a final.

Pure genius.

Hope Euchunga win the flag and make a mockery of the relegation system
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I completely agree LM. I was looking forward to getting out to Echunga and watching the boys play, I haven't been there this year but all the talk is that the oval is looking great! Much rather see a game of footy on a nice green deck than the dirt of Mt Barker.
by Lake
Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just heard that Adam (Nadsy) Edwards came up 3rd in the mail medal the other night. Congrats to him. Good to see him get some acknowledgment for all the hard work he puts in. A quality player, leader and bloke.
by youngpace
Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Echunga, certainly assembled a very solid team at the right time of the year. Very pacey through the midfield, Jennings in particular is a clearance king and with tall timber like Carey and Harland up forward, I think they'll push the Cabbage.

Out of the Prelim, Echunga are the best side to take on Uraidla as my beloved Tigers would've been depleted suffering injuries to key players in Matt Jenkin (hammy in first minute), Tommy Johnson did his knee in the 2nd qtr, then throw in concussion to Matty Brockhouse and young gun Jack Maxwell plus a few other sore boys, wasn't a good day.

Question is - where do Echunga go for a beer outside of the Club? Is the pub still closed?
by Yellow & Black
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

A victory for commonsense & all that is right.
Don't worry about 3 Whiskeys, 2 Bourbons & 1 Beer. Ports new club song is 2 teams, 1 Club & 0 cups!!! lol
by wildcat
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man wrote:After today's story in the Sunday Mail the football public are now aware of the HFL debacle.
Will be interesting times ahead.

That article came about because of the debate on here.
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Stranded forever on 36, sad really.
by topsywaldron
Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I certainly hope that the option of an 11 team competition is put to a vote and that the clubs do the right thing by Hills Football as a whole and vote it in. Hills Central enjoyed one of the closest seasons in its history with almost all A Grade games having uncertain winners at the first bounce. Country division on the other hand was largely dominated by one club, and if any of the current central sides go down that is exactly what they will have on their hands again next year. An 8 team Country comp will be fought out strongly between Kersbrook and Nairne and will also likely feature an improving Macclesfield- and hopefully a stronger Meadows side. Let's not forget that Gumeracha knocked over Kersbrook late in the year.

Echunga have just won probably the greatest premiership in league history (has any other club ended the season for every other finalist as Echunga did this year?!) so to not have them have the opportunity to defend it would be a travesty. And I bet their other grades will be stronger next year as they will find it easier again to attract players (for free) to help stock their b grade and going by Legs Man's posts it seems they are working hard to further strengthen their junior grades so this should be given time to bear fruit.

Any club officials who think it would benefit their club to see the premier relegated so there is less opposition for a flag should seriously grow a pair- I bet Uraidla will relish the chance at revenge next year.

Finally I hope all at Echunga are enjoying the fact that so many people in Hills footy are sucking on sour grapes at your success this year. To suggest Echunga 'bought' a premiership is petty and out of touch with the realities on Hills Central football. Mt Lofty won a country premiership with a squad of largely home grown talent plus a few players who came to the club for nothing (Sascha, Eli Highfold, Pete Sanders) plus a few former recruits returning and playing for $0 (Gordon and Wood). We are confident that with the side we had this past season we would have been competitive with anyone in Central this year, but that means we could have ended up anywhere from 2nd to last! However if we want to seriously compete for a flag in 2015 we will need to bring in 2-3 players of high quality and that doesn't happen for free. It seems that Echunga recruited some quality players/people into their club, which is what Uraidla have been doing for years and what Mt Lofty did in the mid to late 2000s and are still reaping rewards from.

Hats off to Echunga, Mt Lofty FC certainly look forward to having a crack at your title in 2015!
by dangermouse
Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just my opinion :

Yes the original understanding of the rules are that Echunga finished in the relagation position ( there may be a loop hole, but do we want to have legal issues every year ? ) .

But,

Do we want the club which won the A grade premiership going back to country. I would suggest that only people with certain agendas would say yes.

We want the HFL being held up in good light and relagating the premiers would certainly not do this.

It will take a resposible vote from the clubs, made with the best intentions for the HFL competition.

" Heads over hearts on this one ".
by The Panther
Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a chance the HFL will drop the interleague game Legsman especially after the success in drew this year. We will still have the bye for the Country Champs, which the hills have no say in because it is inforced by the community football league. An 11 team comp will bring in two extra byes and will drag the season out to long.
Suck it up Echunga, do exactly what Mt Lofty have done and succeeded across ALL grades this year.

Completely off this regalation talk cause I'm sure we are all sick of reading it. As mentioned Ryan Magahey to coach Onkas, not just coach but still play? I can't see the good out of him playing being mid 30s but he should get the doggies back on the right track coaching wise.
Any early news on who will coach Mt Barker next year?

Mount Lofty have succeeded in all grades this year in a lesser competition, no comparison
Echunga went undefeated in that comp last year and made finals in 2 of the 3 other grades that count
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems to me that TV have had all the support in the world from the HFL since entering the central division, and the HFL has done nothing but hinder Echunga's promotion.
I understand that the decision to have a 11 team comp is now up to the other clubs which i would say is unlikely due to the sedan move.
Then the issue should be who gets relegated. this is a whole different issue for which each club has a case for and against:

Echunga - should stay- (as legsman has pointed out on many occasions) less points than TV
- Won the A Grade flag
- Strong junior numbers
- loosely worded rules around relegation points

- Should go - finished bottom of club shield (which is believed to be the measuring stick)
- B grade didnt win a game suggesting lack of depth (which i would assume will get better the longer they stay up)

TV - Should stay - Earned the right to stay by staying off bottom of club shield

- Should go - very poor junior numbers
- had extra points which ultimately helped them stay off bottom of club shield
- poor facilities

Bridgy - Should stay - Strong junior program
- Seniors improving regularly on the back of junior program
- recently merged with Callington (needs time to prove benefit)

Should go - poor facilities
- may have finished bottom on points (based on loosely worded rules)

I am sure i have missed some things here but in my eyes there is only one sensible solution. Keep the 10 team comp and relegate the weakest club as a whole. TV. when i say whole i mean everything including facilities, juniors (both numbers and success) seniors (including finals).
Some may deem this unfair but life is unfair and in my opinion it is by far the best thing for the comp.
by R. White
Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Legs Man has made another very good point about the inconsistency in this league.
How do you have a promotion/relegation system when you have a varied points allocation??? **** me this league really is a joke.
For TV to be allocated an extra 5 points than a club coming up from the Country Division is ridiculous especially when the potential is that Echunga will be forced back down to Country, which is what happened!
If Echunga had been allocated extra points they could have recruited another couple of players therefore forcing two or three A graders down to B grade making them better.
We also have seen that when recruiting a couple of guys that it sometimes brings mates to a new club again bolstering player stocks in the B grade.
It's almost a restriction of trade!
Where is the level playing field?
Mate, Echunga have so many reasons to object to being relegated it's not funny.
Loss of income is a huge one!!!
by Panther32
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Media Awards SAFooty.net wins!!!!

Having had a few too many beverages last night, my memory isn't the greatest today, but here are the winners, I can remember:

BEST COMMUNITY PHOTOGRAPHY - Emma Pedlar (ABC West Coast)

BEST PHOTOGRAPHIC COVERAGE - Deb Curtis (SANFL / Football Budget)

BEST PRINT NEWS STORY - Michaelangelo Rucci (The Advertiser)

BEST PRINT FEATURE STORY - Peter Cornwall (Adelaide FC website article)

BEST RADIO INTERVIEW - ABC Radio interview with Barrie Robran

BEST TV NEWS COVERAGE - Channel 7

BEST TV / RADIO COMMENTARY - Channel 7

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL MEDIA PERSONALITY - Phil Aspinall (RPH / FOOTe TIMES SA)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL WRITER - Chris Kendall (SANFL / SportsBeat)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL COMMENTATOR - Mark Soderstrom (Channel 7)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL MEDIA OUTLET - RPH Adelaide

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL NEWS WEB SITE - http://www.safooty.net
by Big Phil
Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please keep anything that has potential legal proceedings off the boards, we are saving you a lawsuit by removing them.

Thanks
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I absolutely agree with you legs man, and pride in your club and all things surrounding is obvious.
I think back to the season just finished and reflect that indeed Echunga would probably be on top of the list in those facets.

I am by no means suggesting any of these fixes are easy or cheap......but important none the less....imo!!!
by lovethefooty
Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone answer this question?

Why when there is relegation in the HFL do all clubs have different amount of points available for recruiting? Surely everyone has the same so that there is a level playing field especially when the chance of being relegated are increased or decreased depending on how many points.
I hope Euchunga take this further.
There would be a fair sort of argument about the extra points granted to TV by the Board which i would hazard a guess isnt exactly in the spirit of the rules etc much the same as whether finals count or not for relegation

The HFL is an absolute joke, they didnt know what to do with the worst team in SA and now they have one of the best teams in SA playing in a 2nd rate comp.
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Divisionant a

90% of u absolute morons on this forum think u have any sort of Influence on the league when in reality most of you are probably the people at your club no body wants to talk to. Enjoy spreading your false rumours and bullshit claims to make yourself
Feel better u sad acts
by bookie
Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why don't they have an 11 team comp in central and have a 7 or 8 team country div permanently? Surely the country teams are sick of the relegated central team coming down and taking the piss before they request promotion again. That would give more teams a chance in country winning a flag.

Has that situation ever been discussed before?
by mighty hounds
Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -* STUPID !!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.

It is Stupid, no doubt you are from one of the BIG clubs that dont have to worry about ever being relegated because your population guarantees that, Or you are from TV who were short on juniors so the HFL allowed you permits for overagers thus distorting these results and allowing you to stay up much like the extra points given to TV.
If u want relegation to work you have to have an equal playing field where ALL clubs are treated exactly the same
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It really is unfortunate that some of the members of this forum still cannot see reason and seem intent on bagging Echunga and it's supporters.
The decision made was by a Supreme Court judge and your still questioning it after all parties were heard and afforded AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD.

Save your breath Legs Man. Obviously the other central div club supporters are pissed that it will now be harder for them to win the 2015 premiership.

Don't think so..... :roll:
by always there
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today Echunga have won our battle to remain in Central Division in 2015. This is great news for our club and is the best Xmas present we could have wished for.

While we invite you to come and celebrate this with us all at the club tonight at 6pm (with free BBQ) we also ask that we accept this victory with some humility and show all connected with the HFL that Echunga are a class act and we will not be allowing the posting of any provocative comments.

Let's get keen for 2015!
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It really is unfortunate that some of the members of this forum still cannot see reason and seem intent on bagging Echunga and it's supporters.
The decision made was by a Supreme Court judge and your still questioning it after all parties were heard and afforded AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD.

Save your breath Legs Man. Obviously the other central div club supporters are pissed that it will now be harder for them to win the 2015 premiership.

Might have some friends at Nairne Bremer though, suddenly they are a good chance to play Central div in 2016....
by Banker
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just like to take the time to thank the hard working EFC senior and junior committee, sponsers and volunteers to bring about this great decision.
Just on our B Grade it will be a lot stronger next year, with 5 very good senior colts coming up as you would have seen in the GF TWO COLTS PLAYED but alot of people have failed to realise, plus the usual recruits we are likley to pick up. On recruits the amount of money that we spent this year was minimal not the rumored $100k plus. On other matters Josh newham will be very fresh come RD 3, it will also be great pleasure to unvail the premiership flag hopefully against the northern demons in RD 1. C ya at the footy chopper and co can't wait. MerryXmas to all and the HFL DIRECTORS
by running defender
Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Certainly helps when your using funds that aren't yours, oh I forgot echunga dont spend money and everyone plays for the facilities. Anyway hats of to echunga for showing rules are irrelevant, cant wait for next year though going to be some serious battles with uraidla and in all seriousness the A grade will be better off with echunga in the competition as they are quality. Shall be one hell of a comp next year amd can't wait for it.

Echunga would likely also seek costs, those donated funds will make a good recruiting war chest, contributed to by all of the other member clubs.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This ruling is interesting, and dangerous. It's likely given Blackwood, Mt Barker and especially Hahndorf a free ticket to compete in Central Division as recent history suggests these powerhouse Junior Clubs will always register valuable finals wins. The ruling suits Echunga this year, what about next???

I'm sure the smaller Central clubs will now be questioning whether encouraging a handful of boys to develop at underage SANFL level is dangerous as it could cost teams a finals berth and therefore the chance to secure crutial Club points in September? Think of the added pressure should a clubs future hinge on whether a 13-14 year old kid kicks a goal or not after the siren to not only secure a win, but also the Clubs future....

Well not really. The rules just need to be worded correctly to alleviate any misinterpretation.
by The Panther
Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Completely agree with the funding issue if true, however I've only heard Chinese whispers so can't comment. Stillll wouldn't change my argument against the "buying the flag". Where do you stand on the players that were in the team but came from other local clubs for more opportunity? There were quite a few of these in the team? Doubt any of them would be getting $$$
Players coming from other Hills clubs for more opportunities I wouldn't class as buying a flag, players coming from other Hills clubs for money, yes. Knowing which ones fit into which catagory is the hard part.
by cracka
Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |