Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wedgie, you cant blame The power or The Crows, they both want whats best for their club, and if the dumb arses that gave it to them agreed to it, how can you blame them. The only thing that annoys me is when their supporters are quetioned about the unfair advantage granted to them, they argue as if there is no advantage. What drugs are they on to even deny the fact their is an enormous advantage. Power supporters should just accept that where handed a gift but why should they give it back, if it was my team I would be over the moon.
by Maddawg
Thu May 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The agreement between the SANFL and AFL reserves is a claytons agreement. It is a 15 year agreement that can be made void by both parties with 12 months notice, why have a 15 year agreement, technically its a 12 month agreement if at anytime you can call it quits by either party. Secondly at the end of each year the conditions or guidlines can be reviewed and changed, which I dont think there is doubt in anyones mind this will happen at the end of thsi year.

Its unfortunate we talk about how the Power and Crows will become weaker due to injuries throughout the year. So as a bay supporter, should I wish that Boak brakes his leg, Schulz does a knee, Dangerfield brakes his arm and Sloane dislocates a shoulder so that my team can compete. This handicapped system they have tried to implement to counter the enormous salary cap, facilities and general fitness of AFL players. You need to compare teams in their strongest form as to see whether its fair or not, you cant be wishing the worst injuries for teams so your team is competitive as there is nothing saying these injuries will occur or not and cant be guaranteed, but thats what I am hearing.
by Maddawg
Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To Dols, booney. kikinit

This is a serious question, so don’t take it as a dig but with the following, do you see the advantage gifted to you or would you consider having the below all part and parcel
Full Time Coaches, Fitness coach touted as one of the best in the world, Dieticians, Sports Physiologists, Fitness personnel, Doctors and Physios, Massage therapist , player e welfare managers, Million dollar facilities, Million dollar Fitness Facilities, recovery facilities, Million dollar Medical Facilities.
Full Time Professional AFL players averaging around 15 players per game with a combined salary of $2-$3 million dollars
Yes the crows have all of the above and I don’t give a shit as my club doesn’t nor does 7 other SANFL clubs.
I am not whinging because The Power is on Top I dislike the crows with a passion as well for playing in a comp and having these benefits and advantages.
And the thing that pisses every one of the most is you will not acknowledge the advantage given to your team.
You were granted an AFL licence, and good onya, but don’t use the resources of being given that and think you have no advantage or been given any advantage over your opposition. Most of the other items apart from the Salary cap could be taken that the club has worked to get those advantages. But unfortunately the Salary Cap can’t be.
Even Collingwood in the AFL have advantages over the comp in terms of $, but funnily enough a new word has entered the equation Equalisation, where the AFL has said we can’t have a team with that much financial clout and off field advantages although they have the same salary cap as the rest of the comp.
So the Brains trust at the AFL has seen how having a team with more resources will destroy their comp but for some reason you can’t see how it will destroy the SANFL
by Maddawg
Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No finals no Magarey is equally a pipedream other than on here. Yes there'll be a review as there was always going to be. Some changes around top up players will be about as far as that goes I'd imagine. The rest I think isn't much more than people on here trying to justify a year of whinging. For all the doom and gloom it's been a good year for the competition.

By using the No Finals and No Magarey, I don't see it as a pipedream. Budha has confirmed their priority isn't to win the SANFL its to develop players. I am sure the crows have the same feeling. So by implementing this scenario everyone gets what they want. It only needs the 8 SANFL clubs to make the decision.
by Maddawg
Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having AFL reserves sides playing in SANFL finals in which winning is not their 1st priority.
Having AFL reserves sides playing in the SANFL for no premiership points or finals.
Both equally farcical.

The only other option apart from not having them at all in our league is to diminish there top up players (15 players, no leadership player, $200 a game, u/23 etc) to bring them back to the pack and increase funding for the 8 SANFL clubs so they can recruit and hold on to quality players so the AFL reserves teams don't make SANFL finals, something i would be totally fine with.

It is now a handicapped comp, is the handicaps correct? Who knows too many variances to ensure its fair for all. The big issue is both AFL clubs have taken the line, we are taking as serious as every other club. Budha's comments completely contradict that. Really only solution is to get rid of them but they wont happen for many reasons. No Finals No Magarey is easier to accomplish than get the handicaps right!
by Maddawg
Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Financial Status Of SANFL Clubs 2014.

FFS, Glenelg's annual report laid it all out to bare last year as it should have. If you know how to read it you could easily see whether the issues were. There was no hiding and no financial auditor would sign off on so called 'cooked books'.

You clearly don't understand financials.

So you don't believe SANFL clubs move money around their various entities at various times of the year to suit their reporting periods or aims of showing improved financial performance etc etc? It happens all the time and for you not to believe it shows how naive you are about the real world.

Plus I know, for an indisputable fact, it does happen at this level.

????? Do the Glenelg Football Club have multiple entities??? If so income could be generated by these entities but to transfer funds to another entity that would be classified as a loan and doesn't sit on a P and L but on a balance sheet. So if income was transferred the Auditors would look at pretty closely if it couldn't be justified as an income and if so what were the expenses for generating that income.

You simply cant transfer money from one entity to another without justification, PS all companies run to this principal as there is an organisation called the ATO that ensure it! THAT IS THE REAL WORLD
by Maddawg
Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It totally confuses me that the arguement for no AFL reserves comp comes down to $$$$. The only diffrence from playing in SA against the SANFL clubs, the same being said for the NEAFL teams, WAFL or VFL teams is travel expenses.

Yet the NEAFL one of the poorest leagues in the land has teams playing each other from the Northern Territory, ACT,Queensland and NSW flying all over the country.

Surely the AFL is contributing to that league an enormous amount of coin when they could remain state based and those funds to Fund a National reserves comp.
by Maddawg
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it time for an "SANFL summer comp?"

Actually great idea, night games only, would love to go to the footy on Friday or Saturday night in shorts and tee, Beers would go down so easy !
by Maddawg
Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |