Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Maddawg wrote:I thought that it was actually decided the zones were to be removed, but it could be reviewed and discussions held. Meaning the power would have to put up a good case to keep them.

lol, none of the rest of this **** has had a good case, why would they need one now??
by tipper
Thu May 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To Dols, booney. kikinit

This is a serious question, so don’t take it as a dig but with the following, do you see the advantage gifted to you or would you consider having the below all part and parcel
Full Time Coaches, Fitness coach touted as one of the best in the world, Dieticians, Sports Physiologists, Fitness personnel, Doctors and Physios, Massage therapist , player e welfare managers, Million dollar facilities, Million dollar Fitness Facilities, recovery facilities, Million dollar Medical Facilities.
Full Time Professional AFL players averaging around 15 players per game with a combined salary of $2-$3 million dollars
Yes the crows have all of the above and I don’t give a shit as my club doesn’t nor does 7 other SANFL clubs.
I am not whinging because The Power is on Top I dislike the crows with a passion as well for playing in a comp and having these benefits and advantages.
And the thing that pisses every one of the most is you will not acknowledge the advantage given to your team.
You were granted an AFL licence, and good onya, but don’t use the resources of being given that and think you have no advantage or been given any advantage over your opposition. Most of the other items apart from the Salary cap could be taken that the club has worked to get those advantages. But unfortunately the Salary Cap can’t be.
Even Collingwood in the AFL have advantages over the comp in terms of $, but funnily enough a new word has entered the equation Equalisation, where the AFL has said we can’t have a team with that much financial clout and off field advantages although they have the same salary cap as the rest of the comp.
So the Brains trust at the AFL has seen how having a team with more resources will destroy their comp but for some reason you can’t see how it will destroy the SANFL

And don't forget the disadvantages the SANFL clubs have, chiefly the possibility of losing their best players (young or mature) in the draft, including having these players being chosen by the Crows or Power to play against them.

It is a credit that the SANFL clubs can and do compete and a disgrace that the Port Magpies have been able to add to their SANFL list with experienced top up players from outside their recruiting zone. Biemans, Bruggemann, Gordon, Krakouer, Slattery and Venter should all be told to find another club immediately and replaced with Under 21's from the Port Magpies zone. I would be willing to make an exception for Summerton - just because he is the only fair dinkum mature player for the Magpies who bleeds black and white, even though his club has been kicked out in favour of big brother. He shows the qualities you want to see in an SANFL player.

You would find Port Reserves would come back to the pack somewhat if they had to replace 3 genuine SANFL standard players (Bruggemann, Slattery, Biemans) with developing players from within their zone. The SANFL should have the balls to enforce this at the end of Round 9 before this season turns in to an absolute farce.
by Aerie
Sun May 18, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey fellow die hard SANFL nuts if you are still pi5%%ed off with this farce go to the SANFL web site listed below go to the contact section then to the heading Department click onto Community Engagement and leave your comment do this daily until these faarkwits get the message .

I have requested the sacking of Mr Olsen !!!!!!!
by Apachebulldog
Sun May 18, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - South v Crows Reserves - Post match

Interesting that the Crows have only defeated the 2 Clubs that voted NO

Coincidence???
by grant j
Sun May 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting to read that Port currently have 18 AFL players that qualify for SANFL finals. Whether or not they win or just make the GF it will be the biggest disgrace to have happened to this comp for as long as I can remember.
Meanwhile in the WAFL East Perth Prostitutes are two games clear on top with two rounds to go. Like Port Prostitutes they haven't won a flag for over a decade. Low and behold both are flooded with AFL players and look like waltzing their way to premierships.
What a joke.
by CUTTERMAN
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whether it happens or not isn't the point, either way it's a blight on a sporting competition. The actual point is that they should be addressed as invitational teams that participate for the only reason they're there for...to get games into their reserve players, that's all. No finals, no Magarey.
Once this is in place they can jerk themselves off as much as they want of who they are, what they're playing for and why. Buddha can say what he wants and KY Keithy doesn't have to correct him. $ommerton can delude himself for another three years if he wants as he'll be irrelevant.
**** them off!
by CUTTERMAN
Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |