Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: Rivalries

Biggest one from my childhood was Freeling vs Kapunda.

Also everyone vs Tanunda haha.
by bennymacca
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TTG vs Modbury would be up there. Unfortunately we dont play against eachother that often but when we do, normally big crowds and good clean hard games.
by Footy Smart
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SAAFL - Portland v Pt Districts
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loxton v Loxton North
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

enfield c v enfield d
by Dr Phil
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played on both sides of that equation and it was fun.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reynella v Morphett Vale in the Southern FL
by mots02
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PNU v Athelstone is always huge.
And recently PNU v Scotch have also become huge games.
by Blackwhite
Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Croydon V Rosewater
by Arch44
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walkerville v St Peter OC has always been a good rivalry.

We have been playing for the Peter Franklin Cup for a few years now - when we're in the same division. Peter had a big connection with both clubs before he passed away. He was a junior coach at Walkerville for a lot of years and coached the B grade at SPOC as well. His last game was a SPOC v Walkerville Grand Final (2009) where he coached SPOC to the flag. Very fitting that his last game was between the two clubs he was heavily involved with and the next season the Cup was named in his honour.

When the two clubs play there is always one thing you can guarantee, it'll be played in torrential rain.
by Fricky
Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

beef wrote:I think that its pretty disrepectful of plympton, from the couple times i saw them i thought they were a pretty good side. Golden Grove wouldve beaten Kilburn Salisbury and Mitcham. Thats about it.

They would probably beat Seaton in a final.
by Boosh
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

What ever happened to the principle of seeking a flag and getting promotion? If you're in the comp you're in it to win it, surely? If you make the GF you should go up. If you can't go up because you don't have numbers or the cash (the latter would suggest you might be trading insolvent), should you have any choice other than to fold for the season, get yer act together, and start off again at Div 7. That's incentive enough to either make it work or make a tough call.
IMO (and I am not arrogant enough to think this is the only way to look at it) spend the money on developing a culture and a feeder source. Juniors, or linking with local schools to develope a good relationship, or both, is where the focus should be, not throwing money at flags and blowing your reputation. Yes, it is inevitable that some inducements need to be made, especially as you climb into higher grades, but within your means and with eyes on next year and beyond. Premierships are only worth winning if they build your club history and culture, not if they send you broke.
by BigB
Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Sounds like the SAAFL should adopt a promotion/relegation system like we have in the HFL as that works perfectly, oh hang on. :oops:
by cracka
Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

If you don't like where a club sings their song - don't lose :D
by The Bedge
Sat May 09, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Now that the excitement's abated somewhat, I'd like to add that until today I'd had my doubts about St Paul's. Could not understand why they were in third spot. We got beaten by them twice but both times I felt that we were the better side skillswise, and lost because we were suffering from nerves and/or lack of direction, and intimidated by the more physical style of game St Paul's play. But no. Today they didn't let up on us. Every time we pulled ahead they came right back. They were bloody good. At no point in the game did I ever think we had it in the bag. Two weeks ago the atmosphere was quite ugly - there's been some bad blood between the sides since our first meeting - but by the end of the game I had nothing but respect for the St Paul's team. Well fought. :)
by fisho mcspaz
Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

It would be remiss of me to not make mention of yesterday's hosts Smithfield.

A lot of poor perception surrounds the Smithfield footy club (as does Ingle Farm), people seem so quick to want to judge without seeing first hand and base their opinions on rumours and innuendo or incidents years passed, but I must say the job Smithfield did yesterday was first class - the hospitality before, during after the game, the facilities, the management of crowd etc.

Gracious in defeat in the B grade in front of their very large supporter base - wouldn't have been easy for them after their season but the way they conducted themselves was a massive credit to themselves and their club.

Even partners and family who attended I spoke to couldn't stop praising the Smithfield Footy club - despite all those rubbish rumours they'd heard.

Nice ground, good facilities, quality depth in the playing group and one of the better supporter bases in the lower grades, I'm glad they've gone up - 2x years, 2x promotions - well done and good luck for the future..

#LoveIn
by The Bedge
Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

congratulations to the SFC..an awesome 2 years going back to back..such a huge turn around from 3 years ago and their entire club should be very proud of what they are creating..we thought we may have the legs in the last quarter but it wasnt to be..the experience of the smithfield lads shone through when needed most..our guys were cooked but gave their all..the game did have a lot of turnovers from both sides but i think that was the nerves and heat playing its role..both teams were also inaccurate at times including #5 from SFC who missed some sitters in front of goal..our 3.8 third quarter really needed to be 8.3 as we used up a lot of energy creating inside 50's..chances must be taken when given..we will lick our wounds and regroup to continue our rivalry with SFC and to meet all the "new" teams in division 5..

thumbs up to HT who is destined to be a very good A grade coach one day..he enjoyed a very relaxing GF win as the TOS boys didnt give the farmers a sniff all day..well done benny!

commiserations to zartan who like myself felt the sting of losing but you did some incredible things with your group this year and perhaps the win in the preliminary took to much out of them?

carey: you were right mate..it was SFC all the way but not the length of the straight, we did make them work for it a bit.. :)

morell: good perception..twig was a huge factor in the second half and we didnt have anyone to go with his size and speed as we ran out of gas..he is a very dangerous player when "on" and a very accurate kick at goal but i thought garner was the best over the 4 quarters..

so thats it for another year..i have really enjoyed the comraderie between the coaches in this grade, its been fantastic, but i wont miss all the drives out main north road every second week!

whilst they are not in this grade i think the incredible turn around at MPFC and KFC to go from being on their knees and then to get flags within 12 months are the best stories to come out of the saafl in 2015..well done to those clubs..
by zedman
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |