Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

How did Thach get a game before Galbraith?

He can take my spot, I won't be playing in this rubbish tournament again.
The quicker the league accept that this format is s**t, the better off it'll be.
Players sacrifice their Saturday on a long weekend to play 2x40 minute games.
We play our first game, then do nothing but wait around and let our body seize up, then play our final game 2 hours later.
Spoke with an U23 player and he said he too enjoyed driving 2 hours to sit on a 5 man bench and play 25% game time (which in this tournament equates to playing 10 minutes per game and 20 minutes for the day).
Why don't the APFL do what most other leagues do and play a full 4 quarter game against another league?

I also spoke to a young fella who actually loves representing his association (probably same bloke as you) but said the same as you, would much prefer to play 1 or 2 full games so then the coaches can have more impact with rotations instead of trying to fit them into such short games.. Personal thoughts cut the bench down to 3, make the games longer and that will allow more game time for all the people involved so then people don't think They have wasted there long weekend! Because at the end of the day everyone in the squad is good enough to be on the field just the game format doesn't allow for rotations
by Snags
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because its on here do we assume OS that its a HWE player???

All the best whoever it is anyway.
Yeah, young HWE player.
I haven't got rock solid confirmation on the ID of the kid involved but from what I can gather, he's got a knock to the head in a run-of-the-mill training drill and it's turned into a serious situation.

Yeah I heard the chopper fly in last night, after hearing sirens earlier. Always know its serious when the chopper is involved.
Would have been quite scary no doubt. :(

Footy hit him in the chest from a metre away, got air lifted to adelaide and is in a induced coma.. Sending well wishes to buzz Taylor and his family! He is a good young talent hopefully he is okay!!!
by Snags
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week. Nice advert in the Producer, although I'm not sure the Sherrin football is appropriate.
Makes me wonder also why they used a Sherrin ball on the landmark cup weekend.

Sherrins 100x better to kick!! Should bring them in our league permanently!!
by Snags
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to cheeky seccafien announced as two wells A grade coach for 2015! Great replacement for mark Thomson who retired
by Snags
Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard a couple of Hamleys big name recruits may be on the move after only a short stint in the APFL???
Heard Dowdell, Stribling and Duncan had all met with WWT Eagles.

I heard they signed in the hills league befor the season had finished
Hey Snags, Heard at a footy training over the holidays that Wise could be on the move to Gawler Sth, don't think he would, too much a Rooster boy, Gee I love off season!

Nah no truth in that. He would never leave two wells unless it was to play at a sanfl club. But from what I have heard that won't be happening and he has fully committed to two wells for 2015
by Snags
Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't get around Mallala FC much anymore but hearing of more movements via the good old IGA telegraph talk, like to know who?? Angus Bugg of to Sturt
Yeah I seen on the SANFL website today that he just signed with the double blues.... Whether this has anything to do with not getting picked up in the national and rookie draft this year would be interesting to know?
Also was left out of the GF team. Port may have added more depth to that position too. It's probably not a bad move to enable more SANFL opportunity.

Smart move to change clubs. Because if it comes down to games like the GF and port has afl players available it is required that they have to be picked over a none afl listed player like bruggs
by Snags
Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Those 3 + that Seb that are going to kaniva, there weekly payments would be $4,000 a week on just those 4 players! :shock: hardly worth it in my opinion.[/quote]

You don't have a good word to say about many players do ya snags. Arguably 2 of the top 4 players in APFL last season to a (without seeing any football) lesser comp, that is a great get for kaniva.[/quote]

Didn't say a bad thing about any of these players. Just stating that I think that's a lot of $$ being thrown around.
by Snags
Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Those 3 + that Seb that are going to kaniva, there weekly payments would be $4,000 a week on just those 4 players! :shock: hardly worth it in my opinion.

You don't have a good word to say about many players do ya snags. Arguably 2 of the top 4 players in APFL last season to a (without seeing any football) lesser comp, that is a great get for kaniva.

Didn't say a bad thing about any of these players. Just stating that I think that's a lot of $$ being thrown around.[/quote]

Well you made up a $$ amount that they "would" be on. Then went on to say that they are hardly worth it. Stribling would be one of the best mids going around outside the sanfl IMO. Duncan wouldn't be far off stribs either.[/quote]

To be perfectly honest I reckon I underestimated what they would be on knowing that Seb hasn't played for a country team for less then $1800 a game in the last 5 years. And you speak so highly of stribling so add another $1k minimum on top and I actually rate Duncan really highly probably just as much as stribling so he would be similar to stribs I would imagine so there you go. Add thach to that and you are over the $4k I was estimating.
when I say they are hardly worth it, I mean it as no one is worth that much when it comes to country football. Nothing personal.
by Snags
Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:I assume you are all taking your better halves to 'Rock the Bridge' to support a community event in the plains...?

How much is it gonna cost me to get myself and the better half to this community event Roo?

Enough to cover a new ruckman and at least 3 onballers... You do the math :lol:
by Snags
Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're saying you wouldn't have blokes like Stribling, Dowdell and Duncan if they were willing to play for your club?

Personally I would prefer to recruit blokes that want to be around for longer periods of time and not just when the $$ is flowing. Like two wells for instant snagged Obrien and pontt from a div 4 side and now they are crucial points in there structure and I can't see them going anywhere soon! Recruit good blokes that can play footy not just blokes that are good at footy.
by Snags
Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nighthawk wrote:
BigV wrote:I heard all proceeds go to the Support Hamley Foundation.

Have virginia paid its fine from last yr's semi final at lochiel yet? Or its affiliation fees? Seems to be a diffrent set of rules for those guys.

Always will be a different set of rules for them
by Snags
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Did I hear correctly that two wells didn't hand out best players Saturday night?

That is correct. When you win by 298pts there is gonna be plenty who played well. So they got all the awards and what they are worth and put a bar tab on for all the senior netball and senior footballers.
by Snags
Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Early start for some OS
by Snags
Fri May 01, 2015 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two Wells supporters are up and about after a gripping win against Hamley a fortnight ago and a historic win over a depleted United outfit on Saturday. Good to see.

From now on I'm gonna call you "Sass Donkey"

Hope I haven't offended you Snags, you sensitive new age guy/gal(?) :D Go the Rooosters!

Haha not at all, just calling you sass donkey because of your cheeky comment :D
by Snags
Wed May 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Nik to kick 24 goals. Ha
Only bloke I know of to do it in this league is Denis eaton for two wells vs roseworthy. Happy to be proven wrong if anyone knows of anyone else doing this.
by Snags
Fri May 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pathetic. League need to increase fines and suspensions for those that don't play, these games mean everything to the competitions, more important then any club game could ever be.

Were you there to see the way the boys went about it or are you just looking at results?
APFL should have won the first game, after having 70% of the footy skills just let them down and NEFL capitalised on apfl mistakes. The group of blokes that played couldn't have been any better because they are the ones that actually wanted to play.
by Snags
Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boundry ump reported from TW v Angle Vale game on saturday? Involved in a mellee?

A two wells player, fresh out of senior colts. Had a angle vale player sitting on top of him with his shin on his throat while pushing his face in the dirt. It was 5m from the boundary and the senior Colt that was boundary umpiring didn't go in with intent of getting involved but to simply get him off of the two wells players head. Yes he shouldn't get involved but i guess it was just his natural instinct to help a mate. There was no report.

On another note, I heard a rumour that Chad Ruiz from Balak was water boy on Saturday and got involved in 2 fights which has resulted in him getting games? True or false?
by Snags
Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting towards the end of the year.
Would travis Mccallum be the medal favourite?
And Mallala premiership favourite?
Mallala Premiers in close battle with Virginia
And go with Farrelly as a dark horse to win it, carried Mallala ruck all yr and played constant good games,
Biggest disappointment- Sorry Snags but TW, really thought they would be up there this yr.
I agree two wells have been very disappointing so far, lucky for them the seasons not over yet!
by Snags
Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simon Feast playing B grade tomorrow for Two Wells! has he played at all the last couple of years? Are they just struggling to fill 2 sides atm?
He retired from footy to take up a assistant coaching role with Norwood, reason for his unavailability the last couple years. But still catches up with all the boys regularly and is keen for a kick and a few beers.
by Snags
Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any truth in the rumour ex-Kadina premiership coach, Greg Clarke has applied for the vacant Peckers gig, round two ?

surely not again.
few coaching moves in off season.
Gould to hummocks
herman to angle vale
lubke to retire
whitwell to two wells
more likely that whitwell will win a hit out then end up at two wells.
by Snags
Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two wells
Ins
-Drew lister
-Matt camplin
-khan Leighton

Outs
-Nathan rose

Can anyone provide a critique of Lister and Camplin? i.e. are they any good?

Lister is the leading goal kicker of the saafl. Would be near 40 id say though.

Camplin half forward who can play in the mid, played at Salisbury North and Remark most noteably

Lister going on 36 I believe, kicked 1200+ goals in 14 or 15 years of div 1 footy.
Camplin 30, huge X factor, has played plenty of div 1 footy. Has moved to two wells due to his partner plays netball there and is the easiest for there kid to be looked after instead of always being at different places.
by Snags
Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Off the mark? Where's the 'fishing' smiley?
It might be 100 per cent accurate but I've seen others from Mallala say a lot less and it ends up being deleted or heavily edited a matter of minutes later.
I like the honesty, FWIW

BTW - to make it clear, in all of the teams that I have been involved with niggling has never been used as a tactic from a team perspective, rather it has been highly effective for many individuals that I have played with and against. I'm sure that we will see plenty of it over the next month, from all teams.
100% agree SD, it's not a team thing to niggle because it's not for everyone but if you are on a bloke that you know you can niggle and take his mind off the game, by all means I reckon go for it! Niggle is great for the game!
by Snags
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hairy cat wrote:
bubba love wrote:Stanley was supposed to be a done deal at smosh west lakes, something must have changed his mind $$

$alary cap working a treat
This fella allegedly knocked back some huge offer$

I wonder which 2 out of these 3 (hay/stanley/nikaulas) are the ones that are under $500 a game.....
by Snags
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very disappointing that not one A Grade Player from Two Wells or coaching staff came in for a beer after the game. Was a big crowd all day with Two Wells too good in the A's but doesn't take much to have a beer or two before heading back to your own club. Bit disrespectful I think.....??
There was multiple birthdays/functions of people from the club, everyone was running a tight schedule.
But I also heard yous didn’t have a cold carton in the fridge anyway?
by Snags
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think i agree with you On Song, young Studmuffin has had a great year , would not surprise me if he gets up. i predict a Peckers v Pies granny and the Peckers look in great form, as long as no injuries in the last round Peckers for me. Think the Roosters are a bit cocky might be there undoing, should be a great final series though in all grades..
“Roosters abit cocky”
Pun intended? :lol:
by Snags
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I went down to watch two wells vs angle vale clash hoping for a good game.
I can see why balaklava aren’t happy with this league.
Angle vale might be getting better results on the field this year but the crowd is as bad as ever.
Just 1 of many examples: Man in the crowd with a white staffy, letting it get close to two wells players and it tried bite one. He then went on to get personal at players and then even targeted the two wells trainer as she walked past.

This isn’t country footy behaviour, how are you meant to sit with your kids and watch footy when stuff like that is happening?
by Snags
Mon May 24, 2021 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A grade association
I would say was abit of a success for adelaide plains considering they didn’t have their “best” side on the park due to people opting out.
Having leading a stacked Yorkes team mid way through the first and could of hit the lead in the second half if it wasn’t for some crucial mistakes inside 50.
The boys who played had a genuine crack.
I honestly think we still have to do these carnivals.
So in saying that punishments need to be bigger for opting out.

Medical certificate = 1 game for your club because if you are injured enough to miss 1 weekend you can have another weeks rest.
Choosing not to train in hope of not getting picked = 1 game
No excuse for opting out = 2 games

Be interesting to see everyone’s thoughts, we still have that many players that are keen to do it so let’s make a effort to really push it.
We had 4 in the team that could of opted out due to reaching their 12 games and chose not too.
by Snags
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |