Search found 39 matches

Return

Re: Sturt taking the piss?

Doesn't look too bad at all, I kinda like it.
by Rising Power
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Taking opposition club members money over the bar is one thing, having them take over the presentations is another. They should be playing matches at AAMI and have their presentations at the Checkside Tavern. The old West Lake retirees spending their self managed funds away dollar by dollar would love that.
by Rising Power
Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Old. Fart wrote:Signs behind goals for the rest of the tv games, " go elsewhere, cows and poo!"

See you at Alberton on Saturday then?
by Rising Power
Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

They didn't wear pink in 1914 but I imagine they will in 2020 when we celebrate 130 years since our second SAFA Premiership and first Championship of Australia title.
by Rising Power
Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not much has changed on this thread ](*,)

MOST posters who defend Port RESERVES are MOSTLY Port Adelaide barrackers of that team that existed 1870-2013
I have no problem with that, they need a team to barrack for
But for SOME to MOST other barrackers of the other 8 genuine SANFL clubs, they MOSTLY scrutinize Port RESERVES

At least Adelaide Reserves have a clear and concise identity , that being a reserves side of the AFL team
Port people need to adapt that same concept

I have nothing against the 1870-2013 Port Adelaide
They were for the most part a magnificent proud club , a club I could envy but also respect =D>

In my opinion the Port Reserves side should not be allowed to wear the 1914 guernsey of another club
Anyone else can think what they like

This is the most important part. Port have every right to wear the 1914 Guernsey because it's the one and the same club since 1870. That's what I THINK, and I LIKE it.
by Rising Power
Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Once again it comes down to what you think defines a club.

The bottom line is,I believe that it's up to the people who support the club that define what a club is.

Correspondents in this thread who post over and over and over their thoughts on the Port Adelaide Football Club are entitled to an opinion, just like we are allowed to have an opinion on theirs. Ultimately what they choose to think of their club, our club or other clubs pretty much matters **** all.

If it helps inflate their ego or own feeling of self importance, then that's a good thing for them.

Look, I will start this off by stating I respect you and others like you who are trying to make it feel the same and keep the historical connection by putting your, and I'm sure your families energy and money into it. You believe it to be the case, its just that I don't believe its the same and a large group of your opponents don't think that.

I cant argue that the SANFL part of Port Power are allowed to define your beliefs and hold to that. It does so with little regard to the legitimacy of the argument of your opponents within the same competition, the competition that enables you to put those beliefs in action. Once again that's your right.

However, its been demonstrated in other posts that legally your not the same - yes it is just paper but unless you or anyone else can disprove that, the point stands. Your SANFL club works under totally different conditions to its previous operations and your opponents. In no shape or form is it separate to Port Power. None. Its clearly stated that its not, and your clubs stated aim is to win the AFL premiership, a separate competition to the SANFL. So the Port Power reserves pretending to be the SANFL grand old Port Adelaide of old may make good theatre, but there are a substantial amount of people who see through it and think its a farce, corporate manipulation and false. Time will tell if the mainstream buy it or even care. Inflating egos, good old fashioned club rivalry, I wish it was that simple.

Anyway whether you realise it or not, your bottom line completely describes what you are doing. Keep it up, and good luck in winning your first premiership as a reserves team to Port Power.

See this 'pretending' is what I don't get. How are they pretending? Everyone knows they're the Power's reserve side and the vast majority of Port supporters are happy with this being the case. There's nobody that I know of who's just thinking "wow, what a coincidence that all the Power players are aligned to the Magpies". Would you prefer that the club drops the magpies logo from all it's branding and wear the V in SANFL games? The black and white jumper and all before it, yes even the pink ones to the homophobes out there, are part of Port Adelaide's history so there is should be no issue with them wearing it in the SANFL. If they were to change to the V then fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the next SANFL flag is number 37 for the club. The club isn't 'pretending' anything, not trying to trick the old Magpies/anti-Power people out there into believing the SANFL team is the same as its been for 100+ years, it's obvious that the SANFL team runs under a new structure, different rules to the other 9 teams, etc etc etc, you'd have to be stupid to think otherwise. It is what it is, Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL and SANFL and that's it. /rant
by Rising Power
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm starting to sense that the AFL reserve teams aren't welcome in the SANFL
by Rising Power
Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL final

Considering I never thought the PAFC would go back on the promise to Magpie members in the One Club proposal that the Magpies wouldn't become a franchise reserves team, I'll keep in mind that you shouldn't rule anything out.

LOL what promise? I've been a member for 20 years and there was no 'promise'. They openly said using the Magpies as reserves was not part of the merger proposal, ie. that it would not instantly happen with the amalgamation of the administrative operations of the two clubs. The dirty work for getting the reserves up was left to the crows. Wow, deja vu...
by Rising Power
Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We Need You South

johntheclaret wrote:
RB wrote:Yeah, it's hard to imagine how they've improved so much after winning 31 of their previous 100 games before this season.

It's like they have reinvented themselves.

Oh I'm sorry, I was told the Magpies were dead and there's a new team going around called Port Power Reserves. I guess they were wrong.
by Rising Power
Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7 WAFL, 8 SANFL and 5 VFL clubs not aligned to AFL clubs. Find a white knight to fund a rebel 20-team national league to rival the AFL...

Insert standard "How about you just *** off out of our comp instead" remark here...
by Rising Power
Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations Norwood

Get a petition going for a pure GF on 27th September. I'm sure the clubs and players involved will be up for it.

Edit: Sorry, Oct long weekend...
by Rising Power
Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

No comments on ex-Port Adelaide SANFL player and AFL assistant coach Brad Gotch's remarks at 3 quarter time? Something along the lines of a "piss-weak effort".

I'd be hoping the South players aren't sitting back thinking "woe is me, the ONLY reason we only lost is because the opposition are full-time professionals". Didn't seem to impact Norwood too much last week.
by Rising Power
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes it will, slightly because it is a true reflection of what and who the club is and what it is not.
And opposition supporters who hate the club are clearly the most appropriate people to tell Port supporters what the club is and what it is not. Please go ahead and orchestrate any changes as necessary.
by Rising Power
Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No comments on ex-Port Adelaide SANFL player and AFL assistant coach Brad Gotch's remarks at 3 quarter time? Something along the lines of a "piss-weak effort".

I'd be hoping the South players aren't sitting back thinking "woe is me, the ONLY reason we only lost is because the opposition are full-time professionals". Didn't seem to impact Norwood too much last week.

It was that effort that cost them the game....a group of part time professional footballers were beating a bunch of pampered professionals being paid 10 times as much to play the same game :shock:
Like I said, it didn't seem to impact Norwood the previous week. Or Glenelg, Centrals, South, North and West in the 10 or so weeks prior to that.
by Rising Power
Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

johntheclaret wrote:
Rising Power wrote:When is the pure grand final being held?

Not this year that's for sure

But surely there's enough support from within the clubs, the players and the supporters to stage a rebel grand final?
by Rising Power
Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

When is the pure grand final being held?
Not this year that's for sure
But surely there's enough support from within the clubs, the players and the supporters to stage a rebel grand final?
Good post.
I can see where you are coming from there.
Now toddle off "one" club. The AFL boards are calling ;)

Nah it's more fun here :D
by Rising Power
Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:I shall start again

QUESTION
How is the SANFL meant to be a proper competition if the rules are different for 20% of the teams to the other 80% ?

It's a good question, one that I can't answer. But it's not up to me to answer it; I'll leave that job to the SANFL.
by Rising Power
Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would have happened if -

Would've happened anyway, maybe delayed for one year at most.
by Rising Power
Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, Tasman did pretty well out Wagner winning the comp - nothing about Centrals!
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2692/
"Preparing to win their third premiership in succession on Saturday, Tasman was handed a $25,000 cash injection as reward for producing Wagner."

Headlines in the Advertiser in the year 2425: "Port Adelaide accepts invitation to join Global Australian Rules Football League: Collingwood claim 'treachery', seek injunction from International Court of Justice!" LOL
by Rising Power
Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite Norwood Player

Easily McIntosh. I was brave enough to run on to Alberton Oval after Norwood had just lost by a couple goals and get his autograph...decked out in Port gear of course. He went from looking very pissed off to a bit puzzled when I said "great game Macca", then he signed my book, said "there ya go mate" and quickly back to looking pissed off again. This was a few years after he took us juniors for training at Heccies one night, had a lot of banter, it was great.

Love watching the vids of him in the SoO matches and chasing little irish fellas around in the IR series during the 80s!
by Rising Power
Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Rematch

DOC wrote:

When has Port played on ANZAC Day?

25 April.
by Rising Power
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Good to see Juddy coming back to the SANFL. Saw him do his knee in the internal trial a couple years back and was wondering how he was going.
by Rising Power
Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

FORMER Carlton rookie Luke Reynolds will resume his SANFL career with Port Adelaide in 2015.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... t-alberton

Welcome home Luke :D
by Rising Power
Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Oval

Taller goal posts are "another blow"? This is getting weird.
by Rising Power
Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port's use of runner/physio v Sturt to be investigated

It's the umpires' responsibility to police the presence of officials on the field. FFS there are 7 of them out there, plus the emergency umpire who sits between the two boxes! All it takes is one free kick to be awarded and it will stop, eventually.
by Rising Power
Wed May 13, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Seemed to be just another News Ltd sanctioned troll.
by Rising Power
Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 - Glenelg v Port Magpies

Got a message from my brother earlier, Buddha called him at work telling him he will be playing his first league game tonight. Was named in the 23 man squad last night and obviously someone has pulled out for him to go into the final 21, I asked him who that was and why but he hasn't got back to me yet.
Congrats to your brother. That makes 13 of the 15 playing this year.

My guess is it will be Butcher dropping out, basically a straight swap for Clurey given he's been a defender the last few months. He's listed as an emergency for The Pear, who named a smallish defence against the likes of Cameron, McCarthy, Lobb, Patton and Phillips.

Now a better chance for a win tonight :lol:
by Rising Power
Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm pretty certain that Port don't pay the same fee as the Crows to play in the SANFL
The $400k is an annual licence fee for entering the SANFL competition. Port are/were an existing entity in the competition so no fee applies.

Initial terms:
Crows: http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2179/
Port: http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2228/

Wasn't arguing whether they should or shouldn't mate, just answering a question

(But FWIW, if Port arent paying the fee then they should be bound to the conditions of the "existing clubs", or cough up)
Just confirming your answer :)
by Rising Power
Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Fans Survey

Booney wrote:What a joke. I just went to go through it and the questions posed are pretty well pointless.

Who wrote those questions?

Interesting how the "Which rule should we change" question has no option for not changing any rules :shock:
by Rising Power
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How could a reserves team claim league premierships? That's just silly. Our league team has the 36 premierships, plus one more from the competition it currently plays in :D
by Rising Power
Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The SANFL is saved! We have a new logo

Obviously had to give the work experience kid something to do for an hour or so
by Rising Power
Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know the status of the player eligibility. The magpies have a bye this week and the Power has a bye next week. Is there some players agreement that the power listed player all have a bye at the same time. If so who can play for the magpies next week. In the past couple of seasons the SANFL has arranged a bye week to correspond with AFL bye.
The rules change every year and no one knows about it until mid season, so who knows.
by Rising Power
Fri May 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TV ADs by Port Power

They DIVORCED themselves from SANFL when they left for the AFL. Get it both ways as usual
They're wasting thier money with Ads preaching to the converted and to those that dont support them just making them like them less (They love being hated)

Being hated means you've done something . Being pitied means you haven't. ;)
Port definitely did something They LEFT the SANFL
So they were in the SANFL before leaving?
by Rising Power
Tue May 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The stupid thing about the Summerton situation is that Port were weaker for having more AFL listed players.

Summerton is a 200 game veteran and been going pretty well lately. Replace his skill and experience with a couple of unco 19 year olds.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yep, bring on that cap come finals time.
by Rising Power
Mon May 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magpie crowds would halve.

Could possibly increase if you bring back a traditional Magpie SANFL team.
Maybe. The over 45's who knew and loved the old system and a few random youngsters (extending from family/friends of players) might come back/remain but there would be a significant number of the under 45's who would rather follow the Power reserves in the national reserves system in a 'time poor' world. Then there's the issue of talent drain.
by Rising Power
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Rules Series

It's so impressive to watch how the Irish move the ball. They can get to one end of the pitch to the other in less then 3 kicks.
Australia just handball it around in circles, Slowly moving the ball forward and only really kick to get the ball within 25 mins. It's actually pretty frustrating.
I do like watching Nat Fyfe tho.

I think it was a deliberate tactic to compensate for the Aussies lack of footskills, which worked well.
A restriction on the number of consecutive handballs was brought in a couple series ago (was 4, now 6) as the Aussies just used handball to get close enough for a scoring attempt and ended up winning pretty convincingly. The Irish cracked it and had a rule brought in which doesn't feature in either game to force the Aussies to use their feet more.

I played a season of Gaelic footy about 15 years ago and had great fun. The local comps (9 a side and 13 a side back then) were a bit of a mix of teams ranging from 14 year old kids with a few old buggers to 6ft+ semi-pro footy players - one team was stacked with North Adelaide players including Darryl Wintle (and perhaps Chris Ladhams) who played AFL that year. Toeing up the ball was a bit of a shock to the hamstrings but other than that it feels pretty close to Aussie rules, just faster.
by Rising Power
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye Football Park

I remember a trial against Essendon, prior to its AFL push, must have been 88 or early 89, that was held at Footy Park.
The crowd was massive. I went with a school mate and his parents drove up West Lakes Boulevard, saw the cars queued up and decided that we weren't going to get in, so turned around (we ended up at those crappy markets on Grand Junction Road instead).
From memory, the game played a big part in Sheedy recruiting Wanganeen.
That one was really before my time of watching footy. The one I went to was a night game and I don't think it was a sell out or anything but a decent sized crowd.
by Rising Power
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How much better would this photo (and the league) look by removing the one on each end:

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/12/13/2019-sanfl-statewide-super-fixture-launch/

Someone has to say it.

How much better would this photo (and the league) look by removing the one on each end and also removing the front row.

Hate how SANFL has moved league games forward an hour to fit SANFLW games in after. Screwed up my whole Saturday routine. I will NOT be staying to watch SANFLW. Will player presentations be moved back after home games to include the women's game. I hope not.
Yep send them back to the kitchen where they belong :roll:
by Rising Power
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Recruited from SPOC, so hardly marquee :lol:
by Rising Power
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |