Search found 53 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Its an enormous trip into the countryside...
by adr107
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Houghtons Project Reno!!!
http://www.triplem.com.au/adelaide/project-reno/

phht how crappy were ya changerooms seats before hand :D

Was a great morning and massive thanks goes to Triple M and Toyota. A really galvanizing experience for many and shows that this is a club filled with fantastic people. What footy is all about really...
by adr107
Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is that the same Damian Rigney that played at South Adelaide?

Don't want to make excuses or try and justify someone else actions, but given the feedback that came out from the game, could the umpire have played his fair part in creating this situation and is the punishment a bit extreme?

There is no place in this game, or any facet of life for racism.

Nor is there any place for physical threats or harm to an offical.
by adr107
Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Q. wrote:
adr107 wrote:So, when is pre season? 8)

I started three weeks ago buddy ;)

Do Thursday beers count as pre season?
by adr107
Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mozzies have always still acknowledged their roots (even though the school did absolutely nothing for them) I think you'll find the group is Mawson Lakes/SPOSFC.

I think they also still have SPOSFC on the back of their jumpers.

Check out the link.... "looking to re enter SAAFL competition in 2015". Created 14 hours ago...
by adr107
Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On a more positive note, Yank Man, Ken, the coaching staff and everyone involved with the management of the MPFC have done a marvelous job and have successfully wrangled more than enough registered players for season 2015 by the deadline put to us by the league.

The work everyone has put in has been brilliant thus far and whilst I don't know about being world beaters, being able to field two teams is as good as winning games for us this year.

Well done all :D

#RestoreTheRoar

#RestoreTheRoar

now thats cool....
by adr107
Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw Wingfield facebook page announced they have two teams ready to go for this year. Will they have two teams when it gets tough in the middle of winter? Would be a huge effort...
by adr107
Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Arch44 wrote:How is Tyson Roling's transition to footy going Q?

Tys is gonna be good I think. Going to have to adapt to the physicality of the game a bit after playing that soft sport for ages, but the Jarred Waite look-a-like will be juuuust fine!
by adr107
Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitchell Park up by a cutla against OSB Lonsdale over 6 quarters.

Was a good hit out played in good spirits.

It will be another tough year for OSB i suspect based on that result

it would be a tough year for any club whos oval is at the back of a high school and its clubrooms is a 20 metre long tin shed.

You can do great things with a tin shed...
by adr107
Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mawson Lakes Houghton Districts Henderson, Ian Pending 2015-03-26

8)
by adr107
Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BZB27 wrote:Looks like div 7 is starting to tighten up. Def looks like Flinders Uni have improved alot and things must be gelling out at the Den. Might be a wake up call for St Pauls after the way they acted last week.

Still hungover after a bigggg day getting lippy on the tins? Lol.
by adr107
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tempted to get admin to ban my account for the week.

Angle Vale if you're serious, you'd kick #44 and #56 from your B grade out of your club tommorow. Actually got warned about those exact two from different teams and sources and sadly they lived up to their reputation.

Couple of weeks for Van-headbutt or whatever his name is too I think.

Just another week of the standard stuff by the sounds of it. Nothing we havn't seen before. A poor, yet consistent reflection on that club unfortunately...
by adr107
Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if the league was serious they would ask that angle vale provide a umpire that actually knows the rules and wont let fights and dirty play go on and have some sort of control Just on this I can't really fault their umpire on the day. He sent multiple Angle Vale players off and paid multiple 25m against them. Including their old umpire - with hilarious results. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I vote for that guy.
by adr107
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 real big games this week with the top 4 all going against each other.

We travel down to the Den to see how good Mitchell Pk have become and with a week of to freshing up could be a real cracker of a game.

Then the battle for 2nd spot heats up with St Pauls travelling to Park 10 against a team im assuming will be more like there team for the rest of the season.

St Pauls are pretty familiar with the Park 10 ground already this year so they should be ready to go....if they remember their last visit.
by adr107
Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah OK, furry muff.

One of the difficult things about having 4,397 players I suppose.
And guernsey numbers to match.

Just on that, what's the highest number anyone has seen from AU?

I've seen most numbers running around including the guy in 1990 who sewed his numbers into his jumper inside out and ended up with a backwards 731. Highest number was 400. As an aside, I coached a side that somehow ended up with two players wearing 284.
Numbers at uni are based on registered numbers and players buy their own jumpers so that players can move from one team to another and wear their jumper without problems. It was good to see number 84 Ryan Agnew get best for our a grade last week.

We always thought it was like the Stonecutters Club from the Simpsons where numbers determined rank and a member with a higher number couldn't speak to a member with a lower number unless first spoken to by said member.
by adr107
Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Generally when you reach 34, you're granted the right to sit at forward pocket in the B-Grade. I look forward to doing this next season, slotting some sausage rolls alongside the great Robbie Allen.

You planning on crumbing AR?

http://i.imgur.com/gG7qjAw.jpg

He aint gonna be happy when he sees this haha

You flogs better win two games this weekend and make me a 22 year old double flag winning Vice President. Then you can post this magnificent piece of photoshop work all you like.

But for now. F**k. You. :lol:

Incase the rest of this forum don't know, if you want some of the more brutal and outstanding banter you've seen. Become a Raider.
by adr107
Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nonetheless, its wonderful to see that the development of the little battler clubs finally hasnt been impeded by the depth of the div 1 div 2 clubs

Adelaide University?

hahahaha and in two words marbles entire argument falls in a heap.

youre really delussional morrell

7 months ago your club was nearing closure, as was flinders uni, as was north pines as was salisbury west, angle vale were shakey, and Stpaulshadnt even played a game

and just cos you beat houghton on an off day, when 9 out 10 times you wouldnt, Mitchell Park are the titans of titans

its delusional, div 7 has been a nursery league for flaking clubs this year, pretty much in the intensive care ward of the saafl

having only just the one div 1 cgrade club in the comp hasnt impeded on the healing of these clubs

having PAOC, TTG and whoever else in the comp, you would have barely made the finals

youd all be depressed with another disappointing season,

What a disgusting comment and a real slap in the face to people who work so hard at these clubs. Absolutely shithouse.

Our club is certainly not a flaking club. It's a fantastic club full of great people. People that are clearly nothing like you.
by adr107
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A big congrats to our very own BZB aka Brayzy who stunned a whole bunch of Houghton people, family and friends with a engagement party turned surprise wedding yesterday afternoon on the oval. A great day and all the best to you and Christine!
by adr107
Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

BZB27 wrote:
Q. wrote:
carey wrote:
Q. wrote:Training the house down by all reports

Can he kick a drop punt yet? ;) ;)

Nah, just helicopter punts

Ankle high aswell ;)

Hits me on the tit every time....because i'm 3 ft tall. Everyone else cops them on the shins.
by adr107
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

It's only Para Hills at this point, AFAIK.

Actually, it appears that there is another club - but it's NOT Pooraka.

The club isn't in D4 but should they fall over, it will create a domino effect which may effect this div.

PS: It's not Kilburn

There. Now you have a whole new set of conclusions to jump to 8)

So instead of creating this league wide anxiety over clubs falling over everywhere, how about you just say who you've heard. Either way its quite petty imo. Fueling rumours and innuendo which would be pretty rough for club volunteers hearing that everyone thinks their club is about to fall over...
by adr107
Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

1. Salisbury West
2. St Pauls
3. Adelaide Uni
4. Central United
5. PAOC

6. Unley
7. North Pines
8. PNU
9. Flinders Uni

Just a stab in the dark. Salis West to play St Pauls or Uni in the GF. Uni just know how to get it done.

Also as a side note, unreal that Uni have entered 7 sides in Div 1, 7, C1, C3 and C5. What a club.
by adr107
Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Ingle Farm 9 goal winners v Fitzroy.

And Houghton 8 point winners against TOS. Nice to be back in the div6 thread lol...
by adr107
Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Credit to our B-Grade coach for rewarding blokes who'd been on the track a bit throughout pre-season. The boys were outclassed, but kept having a crack. A few back in both sides this week I reckon, should see a stronger B-grade team.
Luke Bassham is sandbagging for you guys

You may need him to bolster your side Riddler...
by adr107
Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well im waiting for your write up :)
I thought about it.. and started but honestly I don't have much idea about many of the sides at the moment haha.. difficult to write about something you don't know about :lol:

Because people never write about things they don't know about on here.... haha :lol:
by adr107
Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
hulkamania wrote:i find our vice president quite attractive.

edited for accuracy

This is why you're at the top of your game right now D.K.

A strategic thinker with a Stuart Dew like left foot. Get around me.
by adr107
Wed May 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woody Sth 19.18
Beat
Brahma Lodge 16.6
by adr107
Fri May 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More mean the average footballer now in D6 is actually a pretty good athlete. There aren't that many fattys, oldies or really youngys anymore like there used to be.

Teams seem much more physically imposing.

I could of course be making all this up in my head.
You are correct. I see a few lads occasionally who come out to games or train with us who used to be considered or were regular "A grade footballers" and I look at them and think they'd struggle to get a game in the B grade now let alone A grade.

Definitely fitter sides and more depth in the teams - across more teams - and less "easy wins" on offer than previous years.

IMO most of the reserves sides in this div would comfortably win 7R last year over NP. The step up in ressies is enormous...it's impressive. You learn quick..
by adr107
Thu May 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

DTH this is what surprises me most about Brighton’s keenness to move – the Brighton faithful seem to hate leaving the tanning salons and latte friendly confines of 5048! A few weeks back we played Brighton at Morphett Vale (20 minutes south of 5048) in a game that was 2 vs 3 and without exaggerating, there would have had 10-15 Bombers supporters there, and I don’t recall any of your B grade sticking around. Same with C grade over the years, where Brighton are often undefeated at home, but nearly forfeit away games! I’m a little surprised that you are keen to join a comp that will have you frequently heading north of the city…??

Top of the ladder and you've come out of hiding CT. I was at the MV game and we had a reasonable crew that gathered South of the MV coaches box. If you were prepared to get your Ugg boots dirty you may have come around and noticed or maybe you didn't want the new tattoo to get exposed to the sun until it had set properly.

It was your home game and once upon a time you had to squeeze your way through the crowd under the verandah but my last few trips to the Emu have seen a big drop off from the home crowd. And you find me any C grade (when it's your lowest team) in any comp who doesn't have some challenges with numbers particularly on some Away games - but to say we have been close to forfeiting some games is a stupid statement because our C grade over the last decade has also won the majority of its away games and only occasionally without a full 3 man bench. Coming from someone whose club is not even fielding a C grade this year and couldn't field a full U18 team last year is a bit rich.

And some people in the SFL need to get out of their own post code once in a while and have a closer look at the SAAFL and suburban Adelaide before you sprout off about it being a Northern league. In an 18 game season with 9 away games - 2 or 3 longish trips (no further than Old Noarlunga and Aldinga from Brighton - albeit slower travel time) is hardly frequently.

Take a look at the top 4 Divisions and take out Para Hills in Div 4 who ended up pulling out and will be back in Div 6 or Div 7 next year if they are able to re-group. A pretty even spread of North, East, West, South and CBD clubs in each grade. And Henley, Seaton, SMOSH, Portland etc. are not as far as you may think with Brighton Rd and TH Rd a nice direct route to those parts. S Demon was being mischievous with his "potential C grade" because the C grade comps are formed with some consideration given to geography and alignment of clubs in the A divisions.

DIVISION 1 & 1R Adelaide University Goodwood Saints Henley Payneham NU Port District Prince Alfred OC Rostrevor OC Salisbury North Tea Tree Gully Unley Mercedes Jets
DIVISION 2 & 2R Broadview Gaza Modbury Old Ignatians PHOS Camden Portland Sacred Heart OC Scotch OC SMOSH West Lakes St Peter’s OC
DIVISION 3 & 3R Athelstone Flinders Park Gepps Cross Golden Grove Kilburn Mitcham Pembroke OS Plympton Seaton Ramblers Walkerville
DIVISION 4 & 4R Colonel Light Gdns Eastern Park Edwardstown Hope Valley Kenilworth North Haven Para Hills Pooraka Salisbury Westminster OS

These strange and unfamiliar southies are adding spice. I like it.
by adr107
Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2017

jo172 wrote:Graphic design skills around Amateur Football Clubs have certainly come a long way.

Pffffttttt I started it.
by adr107
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Div 2 for Houghton?

Would be brilliant, but no, just spreading the word.

Doesn't mention any league or division on the advertisement which is unusual.

If you've followed the craziness of SAAFL lower divisions in past seasons, you'd know that at this time of year, the make up of next years divisions is never certain. Frustrating, but a reality. However we will be in SAAFL's Division 6 next year after finishing 7th.....we assume lol
by adr107
Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

wonder_kid wrote:Ep to win tomorrow

Salis in the other game!

Wait, theres football being played amongst all this?!?
by adr107
Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

What an incredible effort from Smithfield! To think it wasn't that long ago the club was reduced to one team playing in C1.. then suspended from D7 a few games out from finals 4 years ago, and have since gone on a rampage winning D7, D6 and now in a D5 GF! What a run! To think they could be in D4 next season is crazy!

Congrats to Smithfield, well done, I hope you win it Saturday.. =D>

Agreed. I remember playing them back in div 7 and it was an absolute fortress. You'd cop a rough reception from a huge crowd lining the oval for four quarters, then as soon as that siren had gone, they were easily more hospitable than many other clubs from more 'affluent' areas and you'd be in there for a few free jugs. I actually enjoyed playing there.

Hope they get it done this week. There are obviously some great people who are doing brilliant things behind the scenes.
by adr107
Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HDFC would like to announce the appointment of Brenton Klaebe as our Senior Coach for the 2017 season.

Brenton comes to our club with a wealth of footballing experience as a player and a coach ranging from grass roots footy right through to AFL.

We're extremely fortunate to have a candidate of his calibre and look forward to working with him to continue to improve as a club on and off field.
by adr107
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Association Medal - all the winners

Footy Chick wrote:Alex McKay from TTG. ..back to back D1 medals.

Runner up Giannini from PNU

Al is an absolute gun and one of the most genuine blokes you'll meet. Stoked for him.
by adr107
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Hadn't been to a HFL Grand Final until yesterday and that was an absolute cracker. Bad luck to Nairne, but once the Raiders got a sniff they were brilliant. The game winning shot on goal was an absolute pearler from the tight angle too.

Great day at Birdwood, well done to all their volunteers who made it happen. Loved the enormous crowd.
by adr107
Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Heard an interesting rumour the other day that McIntosh might be on the way out from PNU. Possibly taking a step back for a little while.
by adr107
Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2017

morell wrote:pls refer to previous post where I said a poster was brain dead

That'll show him.
by adr107
Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're happy to announce a couple more additions to our 2017 coaching panel.

Brenton Klaebe will be assisted by Steve Almond who brings a wealth of football knowledge and experience. Steve is a former A1 coach at Tea Tree Gully and has been in several playing and coaching roles at SANFL level in the past.

Ian Henderson will step into the role of Reserves Coach and brings a fantastic passion for the game, along with great respect from the playing group after his efforts in 2016.
by adr107
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm moving to Brazil personally.
by adr107
Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

marbles wrote:Rosewater cgrade will be 10th team with wingfield as their reserves.

That sounds heaps fun.
by adr107
Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahah yeah this was discussed a little while ago

I really like Mawson Lakes as a footy club but they've won 5 games, 4 games and 4 games in D6 in three consecutive years.

If Para Hills keep going the way they're going, and Mawson Lakes don't recruit a bunch of solid A Graders and/or lose a few, I would make the call to swap them.

In tears. Of course you would make that call lol...
by adr107
Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In tears. Of course you would make that call lol...
I think it's a pretty valid call.. I'm sure no one wants to see another lob-sided D7 if it can be avoided.

How stiff would Mawson Lakes be though. Yeah valid point that Paro Hills, the home of the greatest community club in all the land is potentially far too strong for D7, but despite the fact that Lakes have only won a few games the last few seasons, technically, they've done enough to survive...
by adr107
Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell, if a new club had 10 former Div 5 players on its list, and 70 in total, would you want them to start in Div 7, or Div 6?

{I am trying to work out if you are more upset with Para Hills dropping a couple of grades, or if you are upset that they will win the D7 flag}

Also, after correcting Computer Crashed's "your gunna", I can't believe you then used "stahp".
Beat me to it.
Thanks.
He's always very upset.
I have a very stubborn person in my house too, it's a woman.

But just remember guys.....This. Doesn't. Affect. Mitchell. Park.

hahahahahaha.
by adr107
Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Been pretty quiet in this forum for a bit.
Not really much to talk about until games start or some big name recruits are cleared to Sheep Dung Hill Houghton.

I see Houghton are starting Pre-Season next week though.. you do realise this is Div 6, not AFL right? :D

Should see when some of them un-officially started....

I on the other hand have thoroughly enjoyed 'fat month' and am extremely scared of next Tuesday evening...
by adr107
Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HDFC would like to announce that Alex Bray will be our Club Captain for the 2017 season. Alex has been a pivotal member of our A grade for the past two seasons and will be a fantastic on and off field leader for our football club. Congratulations, Brayzy!
by adr107
Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Early to announce the skipper

It's great to have some really important key leaders announced and locked in for us at this stage. Brayzy was an obvious choice already looking at his efforts to get everyone excited about playing footy at our club in 2017 and has fast become a really respected figure in our club. Hopefully a sign of some really positive things to come.
by adr107
Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Any truth to the rumour that Keetch will be named in the B grade leadership squad to keep him at the club?

Some truth. He mainly requested to be allowed to wear compression leggings without shorts.

Stay strong my skins and no shorts brother. We are an elite group.
by adr107
Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Am I disappointed? Yep. Infact that really doesn't cover it.

Is our club going backwards? In my opinion no.

What our club is doing is focusing on the really exciting prospect of playing footy this week. A really young list, some exciting debutants and a coaching group who we have every bit of faith in.

Well done to our coaches and particularly our new captain, Nathan Hall on a really productive, honest and open night where we outlined what we want to achieve this year.

It's a great club that a lot of people care so much about and thats where our focus is. Bring on round 1.
by adr107
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Word on the street is Houghton interviewed their A grade coach for 2018 last night.. when will the announcement be made? You tell us mate. Did any of the questions stump you?
Never been stumped in an interview in my life - work or sport - that's why you prepare properly and research the role thoroughly so you're ready for all questions lol.

However the person in question is not me.

Thats funny because the only meeting we had was a committee meeting last night. We discussed financials, 2018 planning and most importantly how many bottles of Paracombe Reuben it will take before I get absolutely "Brendan Fevola'd" at our Presentation Evening tomorrow night.

The answer is 1.
by adr107
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

jo172 wrote:Q, leave Rexy alone. He needs to concentrate

A big weekend ahead assisting Macca with his U15 Division 1 side in the SANFL Juniors GF!!!
by adr107
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |