Search found 45 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

groves played the crows i heard? any scores?

Got our arse kicked lol. Seriously though, it was a great opportunity to be exposed to a higher level. Irrespective of score we were happy with performance. Won an even share of contested ball and stuck to the game plan well. Just a case of turnovers and speed of transition that they really made us pay. Just getting to warm up in 'the shed' and play on footy park was great.
by BurraBoys
Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I understand that to be case Beefy.......

Notwithstanding......My response regarding a "single" forfeit was deliberate and made specifically applicable only to Salisbury West given they themselves have created a situation which puts their future in jeopardy.

Their registration to remain in SAAFL has been made conditional as outlined by Carey (assuming of course it is as he stated)....It appears one of those conditions is an "age cap" so to speak. Perhaps this was imposed to limit the opportunity to exploit the "numbers" with some skulduggery as suggested could happen by Heater 31.

My viewpoint is it would be in their interests to ensure that each registration is a genuine footballer committed to play for season 2015 by being aware they are on notice.....that a single (1) forfeit (not 3) by either one or both senior sides .....and its "over" for 2015....The stakes are high so time to see how much they want it because half measures won't cut it IMO.
by Cohiba
Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Essengrove? Fair go, they didn't hire Dr Dank :lol:
by Footy Chick
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Gavin Hughes (ex Norwood) & Sam Gunning (PAOC?) signed up at Harpers

Gav lives out that way and teaches at Golden Grove High so not a huge shock.. pretty certain the reason he went to PAOC last year was the lure of a teaching job which never came about.

Sam Gunning is an interesting one, played a mixture of B's and A's at PAOC last year, assuming he has just headed out with Gav as im not sure of his connection with Golden Grove. Good lad though, will have no trouble fitting in.

Gav works with one of our A graders at GG High so think this helped getting him on board.
by Hefty
Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

adr107 wrote:and it'll include the Houghton Hackham Raiderhawks!

I believe we'll be merging with Port District and will be called District Districts.
by Q.
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Club Best and Fairest Winners

GGFC

Todd Sheppard - A Grade
Shannon Lower - B Grade
Adam Peterson - C Grade
John Mattisons - D Grade
by Hefty
Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Club Best and Fairest Winners

Edwardstown
Brinley Duggan A grade
Leroy Busulwa S grade
Peter Rochford C grade
by Uptown
Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

easy TIGA wrote:I'm hearing that there will be no clearances allowed out of SN, iirc I'm pretty sure this was the same with rosewater as well.

i doubt 70 players could have a restriction on movement/enjoyment/financial put upon them based on the actions of 1 other person, an before the transfer window..
by redyellow&blue
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

Nah we'll be a different team (and club) this year

No doubt we've got challenges with the club redevelopment and a few players going back to the leagues that are starting up again.

But we'll be OK. Always will be...Mitchell Park is made of sterner stuff than that. We don't fold or have a season off because it's hard or were not guaranteed a flag. That's a bitch club move.
by morell
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

Exciting news for the Kookaburras!

https://www.teatreegully.sa.gov.au/Council_business_news_and_information/News/Latest_news/12_million_community_complex_at_Golden_Grove_receives_6_million_funding_boost?fbclid=IwAR3BBEkCAbMagCK5sBO9GRiqzFGwmUArMYHxSvQdhc09J7L9Qbff3ODDDGQ
Cant believe this club is still in div 3. I know no promotion last year but with the resources and number of junior teams they have had for 10 years, should be in div 1 by now.

Easy to say they should be here or there but the club is still very young compared to a lot of the other clubs going around. Starting senior footy in D7 in the mid to late 90's to now a lot has transpired at Golden Grove.

From changing in a tin shed to at the start and having to walk up the hill at Greenwith oval to use the showers at the community center there has been a lot of progression in a short space of time. Rome wasn't built in a day and your better off building from the bottom with a great base rather then trying to for instant success - many many clubs have not succeeded long term with that approach.
by the smokey
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flinders park with a good inclusion. Dakota Nixon named from North Adelaide (reserves magarey medallist)

Is he a Flinders Park junior?

No. FP played with just the 3 points on the park last week and those 3 points were Nixon.

With all the articles and what not you’d think Flinders Park have picked up Gary Ablett Jnr!!
by whiteclawbaby
Fri May 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

bloods08 wrote:Just seen the incident on dartfish. Anyone know what the green card is for?

Permanent residency.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flinders Park could be in massive danger of dropping to 5th after this weekends games. They haven’t won since the restart and now play Edwardstown away. Modbury should be able to take care of WOS and have a superior %.
by whiteclawbaby
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

The Bedge wrote:Classic Creek :lol:

Deadset Salisbury West is a different breed

If the SAAFL ever let SW back they should all be cut from the committee.

I’ve never seen a club who just refuse to change or even try to. Always the hard done by wankers
by whufc
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair call mate, modbury have matched it and beaten most of the top 4, could miss the 4 and get relegated, you slip back into 4 and things don’t go the way you plan and you don’t go back up you’ve potentially set your club back years, I just don’t see how you can sell that to your playing group.
Get what your saying re division names but clubs will still know they’re in the 3rd or 4th tier comp despite what you call it
by bubba love
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Round 1 down and all pretty much as expected. Maybe smosh knocking of morphies a little surprising and maybe the margin between flinders and Westminster a bit closer than expected. Other than that all went to script I'd say.

Westminster at home always tend to be a lot more challenging than Westminster away from what i have experienced the last couple of years. We always seem to find the oval quite challenging, and its dimensions couldnt be further away from what Flinders Park are used to. Not sure if that played a factor at all.
by Sass!
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guessing modbury or at very least one of their supporters is going to be in the shit if TikTok is anything to go by!!
by whufc
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

A grade was declared a forfeit and all points awarded to Hope Valley.

This is the shit that annoys me, so many posts on here that are uneducated or haven’t been fact checked.. just serves to do more damage to a clubs brand.

So your “silly forfeit rule” doesn’t exist.

As I’ve previously posted, the league are taking some pretty thorough measures to maintain the integrity of the comp and/or results impacted by covid.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sounds like your all over it mate!
by bubba love
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he’s a well known supporter you tell him he’s not allowed to attend your games anymore, you probably get in first before the league comes down on your club?!

Appreciate everyone will have a view on this and what needs to be done or should have already occured but with today being a public holiday, some appreciation needs to be given to the fact that some conversations will take time. First and foremost we've focussed on reaching out to GG and the player impacted, that was priority one. The players welfare is priority one.

Other actions will occur in due course, there is absolutely no denying that. Happy for people to contact me directly if they want to discuss but please dont assume more actions hasnt or wont occur just because i havent specifically outlined it on a public forum.
by Sass!
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

I can't see a problem, we like the idea of 10 points for a drawImage
by Mr Beefy
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow 1/4 of the season already done. As expected Golden Grove are a fair way ahead of the rest at the moment. Currently 8 goals is about as close as anyone has got to them this includes Modbury and Flinders Park both who were expected to be the biggest challengers. Modbury have put their hand up to be the no2 seed atm but you could argue they have had decent draw to start the year only losing to GG and accounting for 3 teams not expected to feature in the finals. Edwardstown have made a strong start and their win over Flinders Park has catapulted them into the mix, they have some handy SANFL experience throughout their side and appear to be well drilled. Flinders Park were all the talk preseason with GG and are yet to hit their straps, I have no doubt they will be there at the end when the whips are cracking. They have way to much top end talent for D3 not to be a serious threat.

The rest are competing to avoid relegation and to make up the final spot in the 5 and I doubt any of them can compete with the top 4. At this stage Scotch and CBC look the most likely to be heading down however I suspect injuries and unavailability will play the biggest role in deciding who stays and who goes.
by oldman
Tue May 03, 2022 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

Has its faults but in 12 months it will be good. It’s improved a lot since it’s inception

Agree with this statement. We've seen more enhancements in 6 months than we saw from GameDay in years. Admittedly it had some issues to resolve but it shows that the investment is occuring to bring it up to speed.

Anyone that has been through a change management process for an IT system knows that the biggest challenge is getting people on board with something that doest feel as familiar to what they previously had access to. Even if the outcome is the same, people dont like to change the process to get there.

It will take time, but i think it has already driven some positive changes such as player transfers being initiated when the player registers, as opposed to this being driven by the club.

Sass, I work in IT and in change/business analysis specifically and I always refer to the term "WIIFM" in this type of situation.

When a computer system changes and I'm impacted as an end user - which I am with PlayHQ, I ask the question "What's In It For Me"?

If the new system makes my life harder, then I'm not going to embrace it. If it makes my life harder for the short term whilst its being implemented but the longer term benefits are going to make it easier for me, then I'm going to embrace it.

If they haven't told us what the longer term benefits are, then it's difficult to give it a go without being concerned about what the benefits or detractions are.

Communicating the benefits of the new system is paramount to winning over your users - however in this type of situation where we haven't got any choice but to use it, it means they can do whatever they want.
by gadj1976
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

Port district and St. Peter’s?? Don’t keep us hanging…

Port District maybe points. Glenunga salary cap Spoc, nah, the riddler is astute and hey, everyone went to college :D

Hey Yank Man! How about you stick to Div 7 champ and don't pretend to have a clue what happens in Div 1.

Seems you have taken 2 shots about the Glenunga cap and have no clue let me enlighten you. Biggest Junior club in the State. Probably the youngest club in div 1 and i can tell you for a fact that half the team are kids who played B grade last year and most of them Juniors. Its amazing what happens when you invest time and effort into your Juniors like the TTG. Payneham, Golden Grove and Modburys of the league

Furthermore; regarding our top end. Langford is yet to play an A grade game this year, Sam Smith did his knee in like round 2, Bielby has barely been on the park and our big recruit Nick Gillard walked out before the season started and went to play Div 4 football.
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

Heard a little whisper 2 very high profile clubs about to be done with salary cap and points issues………..

Golden grove??

Golden Grove only used 4 player points on the weekend. Have done a great job retaining recruits and transitioning juniors into senior footy.
I don’t think guys like Shenton and Johnston would be playing for free but they would be playing for far less money then what other clubs would be offering them so that would rule out salary cap and points issues
by pureclass
Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Money doesn't really seem to be a factor IMO - it's more the CBF factor.. or the "Why Should I?" factor.
by The Bedge
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CBC B Grade rocking up to GGFC today with only 16 players despite their C Grade having a bye is baffling.

Always been a strange club like that CBC

CBC forfeited in C Grade on Saturday. Are they going to be able to field a team for Saturday as the first week of finals for C6?

Jeepers how on earth did CBC C grade make finals - must have been a horrific C grade comp this year

They are in C5 or somethign arent they? they arent in C3 thats for sure! Adelaide Uni took their spot in C3.
by Sass!
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah shucks bring out the tissues. Did you want them to line up the WOS Committee and boo at them. Booing a team to express displeasure at a clubs actions has been happening for 100 years.
by Down the Hill
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best / Consistent Clubs last 10+ years

For goodness sakes, Goody Saints have just completed their 32 consecutive year in Div 1. since 2000 average an A grade premiership every 2 and a bit seasons. there is no discussions.
by lumeqopo
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade

Bluedemon wrote:Saturday 3rd September

C6
Grand Final
Kilburn Oval

Adelaide University v CBCOC - 10:00am

Is this one of the biggest farces of the season - a team who couldn't field a side the last two minor rounds, and won a game in Rd 7 with half a team loaned from Pooraka playing off in the Grand Final.
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whiteclawbaby wrote:Not much chat in this thread - it should be one of the most competitive divisions this season. Anyone want to make any bold statements before the season kicks off?

Golden Grove vs Edwardstown GF

Lotto numbers please!
by whiteclawbaby
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Brodlach wrote:Mitch Grigg to Athelstone.

Massive signing. Won Lobeys B&F and also the premiership. Huge coup
by hollywood7477
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Bedge's D6 Team of the Year
F: D. Payne (IF), J. Lane (CU), L .Woodcock (WC)
HF: P. O'Dea (MAR), D. Harris (ROS), L. Rigney (PH)
C: J Matthews (TOS), C Matters (TOS), B. Abbott (CU)
HB: L Milera (WC), H. Rusby (FITZ), B. Cameron (TOS)
B: C. Hankinson (TOS), P. Dempsey (CU), T. Eves (TOS)

Ruck: D. Doolan (WC), D. Reardon (ROS), D. Barilla (TOS)

Int: W. Cavallaro (MAR), D. Winning (TOS), D. Steele (BL)

Coach: Stephen Couzner (TOS)
Captain: Cameron Matters (TOS)
Vice Captain: Heath Rusby (FITZ)

My TOTY posted two weeks ago..

SA Footballer Team of the Year posted today.. :shock: :lol:

F: D. Weetra (PH), J. Lane (CU), L .Woodcock (WC)
HF: P. O'Dea (MAR), D. Harris (ROS), D. Payne (IF)
C: J Matthews (TOS), C Matters (TOS), B. Abbott (CU)
HB: L Milera (WC), H. Rusby (FITZ), B. Matters (TOS)
B: C. Hankinson (TOS), P. Dempsey (CU), T. Eves (TOS)

Ruck: D. Doolan (WC), D. Reardon (ROS), D. Barilla (TOS)

Int: W. Cavallaro (MAR), D. Winning (TOS), B. Puvogel (TOS), T. Stewart (MAR)

Coach: Stephen Couzner (TOS)
Captain: Cameron Matters (TOS)
Vice Captain: Heath Rusby (FITZ)

Who ever does these sides, perhaps you could put your own time and effort into working out who was good instead of just taking my shit. :lol:

2-8 minutes for the same news to be posted elsewhere?
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

D3 Talk goes here

May as well start of with the biggest signing in D3 so far (and you have heard it here first - wait 3-8 minutes for it to be posted elsewhere :lol: )

Hope Valley would like to welcome home former Valley junior and Hawthorn triple premiership player Paul Puopolo!

paul puopolo.jpg

Hoping he can attract the extra quality players we'll need to be competitive in D3
by Footy Chick
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

Footy Chick wrote:That website is made up completely of posts plucked from club FB pages

but... but.. thanks to little Timmy for sending it through - we get THOUSANDS of emails / messages / calls every day from clubs :P
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 2

Good use of the colours.

More broadly it seems the less traditional/conventional the colours are for a footy club the more they seem to lend themselves to the indigenous guernseys.
by jo172
Fri May 19, 2023 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

What’s the reason they have crashed so quickly?
Lack of Juniors feeding into the senior ranks for a number of years, aging area, a lot of new to Australia Families moving into the area are not Aussie Rules playing families.
What a soft, pathetic cop out for an excuse... didn't stop them winning back to back D7 A grade flags only a couple of years ago and peacocking around like kings of the world.

Truth is the players they had the last few years are the problem - loved life when going was good and bullying weak opposition, but as soon as life looks tough and they have to actually work for something they go running. Pea hearted downhill skiers.

I disagree with LM - I mean I hate seeing clubs struggle, and I feel for some of the loyal Brahma faithful, but the comp is actually probably better off without them - less dilution of players, less headaches, stronger local clubs, more accountability for glory hunters.

Honestly, Salisbury West going under is all that has saved them.. and Westies were a better organised / operating unit.
by The Bedge
Sun May 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

DTH - I am assuming then these lads would of been an inconvenience for a Div 1 club and the club is financial sound for seasons to come.

I think it is a good promotion for the league as it will bring some blokes out of retirement because they can see the fun in the lower grades. might even stop the thursday night / friday morning scramble to fill a 3rd/4th team, therefore minimising the potential to forfeit.

Lads in the lower grades put more $$$ into clubs through the purchase of beverages and food after playing in the early games.
Some clubs use this revenue to stump up their higher-grade player payments.
by The Hound
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

The best bit I heard from Checkers was that he hopes this encourages guys that are told they are not good enough to still have a crack at lower grades of footy and enjoy the game. Keeping them involved can only be a positive for the league and their clubs, so many club volunteers weren't great footballers but played kept their connection the their clubs via B/C grade footy.
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

The more I think about an amnesty the more I like it.

Imagine the prisoners dilemma. A player self-reports and the club doesn’t, the club is in the shitter, same vice-versa.

The rational course of action would be to self-report

How are clubs like Gaza, Jervois, Kybybolite and Willaston meant to cop that amnesty then? They have already been charged and in the majority convicted.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Great to see the turn around over recent years at Kilburn - firstly by being perilously close to folding due to debt, to surviving to 100yrs, to thriving and growing across all programs and finally winning two flags as the cherry on top.

Congratulations to all involved, and to those who busted their arses off to keep the club alive and remove the debt in the 1st place.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not a lawyer or a learned man.. but surely an organization like SANFL wouldn't waste time and resources on pushing forward with this if they didn't have strong evidence that Gaza had messed up - and not just go off the word of players?
by The Bedge
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't want to be the one that sounds like an arsehole.. but.. why should the SANFL or anyone else go easy on them, or be lenient?

Through this whole fiasco - before and during - they had the opportunity to co-operate, come clean, admit guilt and work through it. Was talk of large portion of the fine being suspended if they complied.

Instead they hired a lawyer, fought it, declared innocence until the 13th hour and now people are starting to think poor Gaza can't have them fold?!

You make your bed you lie in it.

100%.

That side of town is as competitive as it gets for players, you see the usual movement every year between the same group of clubs.

If one club is going way beyond the rest, then tough luck if they get caught.
by wenchbarwer
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Boot em.. move em… sink em.

Their own arrogance and ego is their downfall.. we have been open about moving up to accomodate but they won’t budge so **** then let them die.

Don’t ask the delegates each year to vote on crap, then remove their voice when it matters most:

**** everyone
Few too many drinks last night.. bit harsh - not even sure what I was talking about :oops: :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |