Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: HFL Country Division

Country Division serves its purpose as a great competition for the smaller populated towns in the Hills.
I don't know why people are so keen to suggest killing off teams and making super mergers in the so called interest of the competition.
A lot of locals want to play for their local town, it is part of their local identity and history. So what if a clubs A grade has a few lean years , most do. It doesn't mean we should panic and complain they are bringing the competition down to an alarming level.

Look at Kangarilla premiers 2006 , struggling now but who knows maybe premiers again in 5 years.
Nairne 40 goal thrashings in central, rebuilt over time in country, now want to go back to central.
Ten or so years ago I saw Ironbank in country smash Birdwood by over 40 goals , then a few years back the chooks beat Blackwood at Blackwood in central.

I don't believe it goes in cycles, but clubs do have lean years. With time they can rebuild.

I say "NO" to the Birdgum Valley football club .

Think of the mascot though!
by 19thman
Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Dutchy wrote:Has it been decided where the GF is played this year?

Kangarilla
by 19thman
Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

maybe the same board members who gave birdwood in div2 the grand final WTF
What's wrong with Birdwood getting the GF? It's not like it's the first time we've hosted one.

Grand Finals should be played on the best ovals and the velodrome at Birdwood is far from the best.

It's not the best but it's also far from the best. GF should be shared around... It's a huge money spinner and all clubs with decent enough facilities should have a shot at it.
by 19thman
Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |