Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Mortgage shield needs to be scrapped.
To many flaws.
Not just caused by HFL but Community Football League.

If as a league we cannot issue a permit to a child to encourage them to play football because it will affect the Mortgage Shield the shield needs to be scrapped.
If we cannot allocate APPS as written in the CFL constitution because it affects the Mortgage Shield then another reason the shield needs to go.
Larger towns must have voted this in because they are basically guaranteed of not being relegated. Given Echunga result this will even be more biased towards bigger clubs now.

What now will happen with APPS points obviously finals should now count. It will make a big difference the likes of Echunga Mt Barker Uraidla will go from 9 points to 6 points.

Most sensible scenario bottom of Central A Grade goes down top of Country A Grade comes up. May even look at bottom 2 and top 2.
by sideview
Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Legsman you are very keen to point the finger at other teams short comings, permits, standard of facilities, points etc . I for one are sick to death of you throwing other clubs under the bus when all they have done is play by the rules to keep their football clubs viable. I cannot remember any of the clubs you refer to continuously - taking the HFL to court and costing all clubs a substantial amount of money.
If Echunga have any remorse at all you would think they would offer the fighting fund they put together back to the league to help reduce the burden to the other clubs.
by sideview
Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Had an interesting comment passed onto me today in regards to Salary Cap and APPS.
The Salary Cap / APPS committee are expecting a number of country clubs to fold due to the new salary cap regulations. Hence I would suggest there will be no discussion in regards to a phase in period or adjustment of the salary cap for any affiliated leagues.
They are expecting clubs in regional South Australia including the South East, Mallee, Riverland, Adelaide Plains and other regional areas to not be able to continue due to lack of numbers. Obviously these people have no affiliation with country towns who's only source of social interaction is through sport on the weekends. Almost ruling football by abolishing freedom of choice, causing social exclusion for regional communities.
I think all people agree a salary cap is required but to submit clubs to a ridiculous amount along with the APPS is both unwarranted and unproductive in what the CFL is trying to achieve.
Leanne Grantham commented 90% of presidents agreed with salary cap I would like to see that list and I would also like to see what response those 90% would have at the proposed changes. I think now that people have had a chance to study the proposal would agree the changes are to severe and probably at least a three year phase in period was warranted. All the CFL will achieve now is to drive payments under the table even further.
The other predicament the CFL will find themselves in relates to the APPS points being used as punishment. How can this be unless directed solely at the SAAFL as they are the only league who have every team on the same points (15). Every other league that I know of have varied points. 3 years ago pretty sure Tanunda was on 1 point so how does taking all there APPS points away equate to the same as taking all of Kingston's 20 points away. I would have thought all APPS points would have to be equal to use as punishment.
To Leanne Grantham and David Shipway you have yelled from the rafters how good the Country Championships were, and how good football is in our state, so why are we looking to make such monumental changes. Agree we needed changes but the sledgehammer approach wreaks of desperation. A last ditch effort to save the SANFL and what a bonus for the SAAFL pity about everybody else.
by sideview
Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |