Search found 68 matches

Return

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

Stop it, Pup! :cry:

Clarke thought Hugh-dog would call him a sook, I reakon Hugh-dog would be thinking that this about the toughest bloke I've ever met and his strength during the toughest time in his life is something I'd be proud to posses.

Michael Clarke, Australia dips their collective caps to you.
by Booney
Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Firstly, assassins Creed Arya Stark edition.

Secondly, how awesome were the danerys and Tyrian scenes.

Thirdly, HOLY F*CKING WHITEWALKERS!!!

Best episode since the purple wedding imo.
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Eerie, this was in an interview with Mark Robinson a couple of months ago:

“But have I been a good father? To my son, I had a disconnect because of footy."
“I just immersed myself, got consumed and was selfish with as much time I committed to footy. I’m basically talking about my 10 years at Port Adelaide, just the desperation to win a premiership and I thought it was all about me, when it’s all about the players."
"I lost that connection and I’m trying to reconnect with my son, which I have done."

Reading that sent shivers up my spine!!!

Definatly spending the night spoiling my two princesses tonight, probably the only way as a football I can pay tribute to Phil Walsh, as possibly that's what he would want us to all do
by whufc
Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Sundays game did go ahead it would be surreal as I have tickets, I think I'd cheer both teams wearing my Cats gear and perhaps even want the Crows to win.
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just had a thought.

If Sunday's game is, as I expect, canceled or postponed, I would like to see every person who was to attend the match still head to Adelaide Oval, still take their seat and reflect.
I actually bought my tix after hearing the news as I just wanted to be there if it went ahead to wear my Cats gear and cheer on the Crows. I know I put a lot of shit on the Crows but this is so much bigger than a game of footy.
My thoughts and love to all especially Crows fans as it must be bloody hard on them as its hit me like a brick to.the face.
by Wedgie
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Can't wait for Ray Donovan to start back next week!
by The Ash Man
Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Taylor Walker : "he was a man I started to fall in love with". Of all the things said this week this has stuck out the most for me. So much respect.
Hope both Adelaide sides get up this weekend
by woodublieve12
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

The great man, one of my all time favourite Cats has announced his retirement. No, not Rivers but the great bald god Chappy. Chapman was the spiritual leader in our recent era. Nearly every significant Cat event had a Chappy angle. The face to face stare down in 2007, using Tredders as a stepladder in the Grand Final that year, the Hawthorn pact, the winning goal in 2009.

Even when the club discarded the great man in disgraceful fashion he was all class at the B&F, No No- shows or sour grapes from Chapman. His last game was a best on and a report against Port...he owned those blokes. Even donning the sash did not diminish my admiration of a player that many opposition supporters loved to hate. Shit, he must have done something right.

Congratulations on a massive Cat career.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ffximage/majtredrea,0.jpg

Regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Club Best and Fairests

i dont understand how all you clubs have already counted the votes and revealed the winners?

How did u host the event?

Was it even a club event at all?

Or just a quick hour after training the boys sat around after training for few bevvies and that was it? :shock:
They all just looked on sporting pulse, only the winner showed up
by beef
Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Daniel Menzel named for his first game in 1449 days, good luck to him.
by Wedgie
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done D Menzel... Bloody good work...
by Jase
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope all the boys retire this year. In a perfect world, they would all announce their retirements this morning, get all the plaudits from the media they deserve and play their final game at Geelong this weekend and make it a celebration of their great careers. They deserve better than being told they're done at the end of the year and missing out on that opportunity to say goodbye to the supporters. They looked very slow Friday night and I'd hate to see them struggle next year and have people remember them for their last year of footy and not their great years of footy. They deserve better than that. That's my opinion anyway.
by Bum Crack
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Motlops signed an extension :)

A good day for Catkind. Menzel, Vardy and even Cowan got through the game today. Think of who is going out and who might possibly come in. With perhaps an easier draw next season we will be back sooner rather than later.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1, 2015 AFL Finals Series

Sucked in Shit n Piss. Take your unsociable crap and shove it up your grub coaches ass. Got what you deserved. The Crows can stick the fork in them next week and they can get stuffed for season 2015.

In case you didn't know, I don't like Hawthorn.
by wristwatcher
Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

Great speech Chapman
by Brodlach
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Wegs, Feenix, REB, you'll have to excuse my behaviour next season. I'll be cheering on anyone other than Geelong, for completely selfish reasons. The lower you finish, the better our first round draft pick will be next year (for Henderson).
All good mate, I just hope we dont have to watch Carlton play Friday night football :lol:

Me neither! I'd like to enjoy some Friday night footy next year.
by gadj1976
Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

They look to be biting today Feenix.
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Popped in to NOLA on Saturday night.

They have an extensive range of craft beers/ciders/ginger beers (bottled and tapped) and a small menu based on New Orleans styled dishes.

We shared plates of meatballs, fried chicken, corn & bean salad, and rabbit & sausage jambalaya. It was all ******* delicious. Fresh ingredients, dishes bursting with spices and flavour and not too ridiculously priced.

9.5/10 - I took a half a point off because the dishes aren't big, but the price somewhat reflects that.
by Q.
Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Great spy movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. Full of action, and some great acting.

Not really a spy movie kind of guy, but this ones a winner.

by HH3
Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Channel 10 Should be offering an apology for Howie.
by DOC
Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The walking dead is back tonight!!! Can't wait
by woodublieve12
Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feenix wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Started watching Vikings this past week or so on Netflix. Already finished season 1... Really good show!!! Anyone else watch it

Yep, really good show. Season 4 just started again, keen to watch the first episode when I get some time

BLOOD EAGLE :shock: :shock: :shock:
by woodublieve12
Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching Ray Donovan on presto. Good show!
by Hazbeen
Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fringe 2016

Sam Simmons was awesome.

(If you're into Sam Simmons)
by jakovasaurus
Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Supercoach rd 1 let the games begin!

All hail the mighty Gawnstein!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems likely that's where Jon will go. I like that he didn't just resume being leader of the nights watch again, that would have been boring as shit

Surely it's time for the high sparrow to get his head smashed into a wall, he pisses me off.
by bennymacca
Tue May 10, 2016 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 chit chat

The Cats have been truly shitful in the last two games but I believe we will hit back and beat the Giants this weekend. I believe we can trap them a bit on our home ground and that the Cats will get to attack their preferred side of the ground while the Giants will be denied the same right of passage up the ground. While Stevie J will be able to explain what we are trying to do it will be another trying to stop it.

The Cats best football is good enough to beat anyone and so far this season our best football has been against the better sides. Before anyone mentions the earlier match between these two sides at that time the Giants had just come off a loss to Melbourne and weren't the side they have grown to become over the past two months.

Selection news couldn't be better for both clubs with girl scout Murdoch set to get knocked over by Dandelion spores in the Magoos and Shitful Smedts is also out. Gregson was pretty soft last week as well and all three won't be there. The incomings of Menzel, McCarthy and Ruggles look to give us a bit more mongrel down back and a lot more scoring power which has been a problem for Geelong in the past two weeks.

The Cats will lift at home and get back on the winners list this weekend.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice cameo from Al Swearengen
by JK
Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"you're shit at dying, you know that"

In tears
by Q.
Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ray Donovan is back in 2 weeks!!
One of my favourites
by The Ash Man
Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

Gunthrie reminds me of Hartlett. Should simply do a hell of a lot more.
by carey
Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Worst of 2016

Somehow my mob is 2 games clear despite dishing up a hell of a lot of ordinary through the year.

Dislikes:
Deliberate (out of bounds). I dont see why the game 'needs' the ball consistently moving. If a bloke is under pressure in the backline and mongrels a ball 40m forward to get a throw in that is good play in my book. Only the blatantly obvious (eg player bee-lines for the boundary) should be paid. The boundary throw in is another unique part of our game which we seem hell bent on getting rid of.

Deliberate (points)- Are we the only code that penalises a team scoring for the opposition? If we wish to 'stop' it, maybe increase the score of a deliberately rushed point. We seem to simply be penalising teams who are able to better able to kick in from full back.

Holding the ball (where the bloke on the bottom 'drags it in'). Been a bug bear of mine for a while now. If 3 or more blokes stack on it should automatically be a ball up (if they are all from the same team then they should get pinged for time wasting :) ). If someone drags it in then the opposition need to simply hold the guernsey and stand above (remember when players used to do that). This will force yet enable the player with ball to dispose or get pinged.

50m penalty. Way too harsh for minor infringements. Bring in the SANFL 25.

Thursday night football- destroys footy tips, fantasy football and kids sleeping patterns. Piss it off.

Bye before finals- piss it off. Stupid.

3 'bye' weeks. Piss it off. Have 5 games one week and 4 the next half way through. Easy.

Rookie lists etc- piss them off. Have a squad of 45-50. All eligible to play at any time.

Centre bounce- piss it off. Love the Romanticism of the big centre bounce but as so few umpires can do it, its time for a throw up in the Centre.

Fixture. Please do not allow clubs to 'request' games/match ups etc. Wheel out the draw based on performance if you have to, but please dont further compromise if by 'having' to fit 2x Ess v Coll, a Rich v Carl season opener, 2 x derbys etc. A good match up will draw regardless. And please stop trying to guess what a 'high rating' Friday night game might be. If someone had said a GWS v Adelaide match up would be a ball burster at the start of the season you may have been laughed at- but low and behold....

Can I keep going?
by MatteeG
Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

I envy supporters who don't follow Geelong or Hawthorn so they could just enjoy these contests, I think I'm about to die.
by Wedgie
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hit up the Curious Squire yesterday, pretty good place. Felt more like a joint you'd get in Melbourne than Adelaide (or maybe thats just cause I don't go to trendy places anymore), good vibe, and the place was packed for both lunch and dinner. $0.50 Wing Day might have had something to do with it.

Food was tasty as ****, great selection, and the wings (which I can usually take or leave) were amazeballs!

Only downside was that they didn't have any Jamesons or Port.

Highly recommend the place.
by JK
Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAFooty Lobster League 2016

Gday Gents, just reconciling that Ive rec'd all the $ for the comp and will then arrange distribution, hope to have it done this week...cheers
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Geelong have a new apparel sponsor in Cotton On, and have launched the sleeved rugby style top they'll be using in the NAB next year, and possibly for a home and away game.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161004/ffce274f9f3bfa335ca02ba23f153ba1.jpg

The moment Caddy realised he didnt want to play for Geelong anymore.
Unfortunately i cant take credit for that, saw it somewhere else
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone been to Golden Boy at the Botanic?
Going there Saturday night for SIL bday, she booked a month ago and still could only get in at 8:30!

Very very good food
Highly rate that place. Its a bit pricey but the food is awesome!

Very, very impressed.

We did the Tuk-Tuk where the waiter basically chooses for you.
Heaps of food and all top quality for $58/pp

From memory (bit hazy) we had

KINGFISH SASHIMI W. GREEN CHILLI
NAM JIM, FRIED SHALLOTS, COCONUT
& FRESH HERBS

JELLYFISH & PULLED PORK SALAD W. CARROT,
CUCUMBER & SPRING ONION W. SESAME SEED

DEEP FRIED TOFU W. PUMPKIN, MIXED
HERB SALAD & AJAD DRESSING

JUNGLE CURRY OF STIR-FRIED
SIRLOIN, YOUNG PEPPER CORN, SCUD
CHILLI, HOLY BASIL & CRACKED RICE

'CRYING TIGER' - CHAR-GRILLED SIRLOIN
W. FRIED RICE NOODLE & JIM JEOW

CHICKEN MINCE STIR FRIED W. HOLY BASIL,
FRESH CHILLI & FREE RANGE EGG

ROTI W. PANDAN CUSTARD

BANANA FRITTER W. COCONUT ICE CREAM

POACHED PEAR IN CARDAMOM, GINGER
& CITRUS W. STICKY RICE

Drinks were quite expensive i.e. $11 for a Pacific Ale

All in all very nice 9/10
by The Ash Man
Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Cheeky Greek at Grange (opposite the pub on Seaview Rd). Yiros' are different from the usual Ozzie version, but freakin awesome. Owners are a ripping family too, if you're in the area I highly recommend giving them a go.
by JK
Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

While the skills were perhaps below what I expected across the board ( the top end certainly showed some decent touch in places ) the intent was far more intense than I thought it would be. You can't question the endeavor of the girls, really enjoyed the competitive aspect of the patches of games I saw.

For those knocking it, if you can't see how happy it makes the girls playing it, how proud it made their families and friends and the fact some 35,000 or more people went to the games over the weekend then you're lacking a heart I reckon.

It will never be as good as the mens game we all know that but that's not the reason it's upon us. If you don't like it put the chip packet aside and hit another button on the remote.
by Booney
Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

I take my comment back about Parfitt not being up to league standard, the young Rooster was great today. So proud of my cuz Daniel Menzel too.
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

Seriously if we think the Crows are going to trouble us then we have no hope, they aren't that good and neither are we, just yet.

I can see both the +/- on the Harry experiment.
However, I do feel that he is better placed using his left leg coming out of the defensive 50 and hitting up Danger through the middle than being up forward. He looks lost.
I think I'd rather chuck Blixy or Smith down there as both have more goal sense.
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 - Gawn With The Wind

2143, in my 6 leagues thats the highest, must be a really low scoring week. Taking Dahls 145 as VC proving the master stroke.
Yeh lots of low scores this week. I scored 2045 which kept me steady in the overall rankings. Most people would have had the C on Danger

i rose 150 places to 166 overall, hope i can keep it going. 200 points off number 1
by daysofourlives
Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7

personally i think trying to outlaw the sling tackle is fine by me. happy with stevens and waite getting suspended.

But I do agree that cameron should have got a week. Anything behind the ball and graded as intentional conduct should be a week minimum, no matter what the impact is graded as

I agree with trying to outlaw the sling tackle, but in these two cases:

- Lynch was primed to be dumped due to his balance being out whilst trying to kick the ball in the tackle

- Wilson had a hand free and could have released the ball and used the hand for protection when hitting the ground

As unfortunate as they were, imho , they are aspects that were beyond the control of Waite and Stevens.

All the rule changes in the world are never going to completely eradicate accidental concussions or other forms of injury.
by JK
Tue May 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 - The real comptroller Atkins

Feenix wrote:2338, im just happy to get back into some decent scoring

Thats mediocre at best.
by Mythical Creature
Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:After watching AFL 360 perhaps it was 'Lunatic Fringe' that was ripping into the club according to Chris Scott.....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Don't they kiss his arse? I still think we'd be a better side with a decent coach.

regards,

Lunatic!
by Rik E Boy
Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Barry Hall looked very uneasy when discussing with Brent Staker the hit on Saker You can tell he is very embarrassed, ashamed and sorry for what he did
Staker is an impressive individual
I simply can not watch the footy show any more. It's painful.

Agreed, I did however flick over just in time to see this little segment.

How impressive was Staker? He accepted that it was Hall who carried the baggage and not him, great way to show as a victim that the incident isn't yours to take owner ship of, in any instance. He accepts he'll always be the bloke Hall smacked, but that is the end of his involvement and he can't change that. Very impressive man.

Hall, to his credit, does indeed take ownership of the incident and it clearly doesn't sit well with him. Bazz certainly has some regret, you can see that in him. His comment "I would like to say this was an isolated incident, but I can't, my career had several of these" was no doubt tough to say as much as it would be tough for Hall to accept. He showed real remorse.

Not often I'll credit Barrett for job well done, but that was 5 captivating minutes of TV. Then I turned it off.
by Booney
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Well it is the shit canning thread so the perfect place to discuss the Shitney Swines. To get Fapley off a medical report had to be submitted to their masters that supported a "medium" impact or the fairy would have quite rightly been cited for staging. Do you think these AFL assisted flogs might have an eye on our top four spot what a joke. Has this club ever achieved anything without a leg up? Even the Foriegn legion flag was a mercenary cattle raid that would have made John Elliott blush.

Why does anyone outside of Sydney even follow these stains? Do you really need that much assistance to compete with Rugby League, a code so boring even sydneysiders won't attend? Even Hugh Hefner hasn't had as many blowjobs as this mob and they have a massive two flags to show for it and it would have been one if this week's MRP was sitting. If they got the Brisbane Lions treatment they would have dropped back to well deserved mediocrity years ago. Blow that whistle ref. Go the AFL.

regards,

RANT :D
by Rik E Boy
Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

The Bedge wrote:When can we expect to hear about the MRP with Cotchin?

All week.
by Booney
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |