Search found 437 matches

Return

Re: BBL 2019/20

Spargo wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Stars doing stars things

Perennial.

Great to watch. They have so many arrogant players, was great to see them choke in another GF!
by Eagles2014
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Ben Pengelley favourite for the Bradman Medal?

Pengelley 583 runs at 58.3, 26 wickets at 15.77
Absolutely up there - probably him and Valente (might pinch votes off each other).
Bosisto and S Kerber probably around the mark as well - again may be an issue with them pinching votes off each other?

Done Phantom draw which shows it being a very high polling affair.

Currently had (with 3 rounds to go, and Uni, Northerns and Adelaide all with the Bye!):

Valente 34
S.Kerber 30
B. Pengelly 29
Cosgrove 23
Bosisto 22

All of them have the Bye to come. Would love to see Valente win, best player in the Grade comp by a mile, and would be entertaining speech!!
by Eagles2014
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fringe Stuff 2020

Eagles2014 wrote:Tom Gleeson - think he is hilarious and never seen him before, heard from people that went last year and they said he was sensational.

Saw him last night - brilliant show, constant laughing the whole hour, packed out show.
by Eagles2014
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Looks like Bosisto and Winter dropped.

Worrall and Lehmann back.

Think they may play the four quicks this time and leave Pope out, Head would have to do most of the spin if so.
by Eagles2014
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feel Ben Wakim stuffed up his bowling changes today which cost them the title. Left Beaty with an over to spare and had to bowl young kid Cooper Luke in last over when he had not bowled all game. Poor kid looked gutted afterwards.
Disagree, thought it looked like he tried to squeeze Sydney and get that run rate up high enough to get them in a strong position. Spinners did their job well, had the RR up near 10s late, but the Wightman over proved costly and he had used the spinners up so had to turn to Beaty to wrestle momentum back.

20 off 2 overs from memory, Beaty needed to have a stronger over here and give Luke a better buffer.

Bowling plans for the quicks left a bit to be desired - short square boundaries and bowled a lot of length balls that seemed to hold a fraction and were dispatched.

Watching bit of replay now (quiet at work!), and Lawrie Colliver in commentary agreed Wakim got it wrong so I will stick with him as knows his cricket better than anyone :D

Daniel Kerber would not have slept well. In 12th over bowled by brother Sam, missed easy stumping and then missed easy run out in 19th over which was costly. Couple of dropped catches when the No. 3 and 4 were in their teens were vital too.

Cant leave a young kid who has not bowled all game to bowl in that situation, even if needed 15 - 18 runs he was under the pump, let alone 10 runs.
by Eagles2014
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Dutchy wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:It’s not all bad news, Kane Cornes is locked out of the state and currently stuck in Melbourne.

Interesting that he chose to stay in Melbourne over getting back to his family

I think his family encouraged him to stay!
by Eagles2014
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Yes May 31st is the date. I am thinking the next 2-4 weeks will be the test if the leagues go ahead. If we see a reduction in positive cases of COVID 2019, everyone doing the right thing, then I feel most leagues start training again in June and their first round June 27th. I would think most clubs without burning out their players would be given a running program to keep the legs ticking over. Forget about trial games , this will give everyone the opportunity to play each other once and the possibility to play maybe 10 rounds. End the season a week later- forget about the zone championships. 10 games straight through, 5 home games each, give clubs opportunity to make something out of a situation is beyond our control.

There will be no football played in 2020, end of story. People are kidding themselves if they think a condensed season will get up and running!
by Eagles2014
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes a terrible run with injuries recently E2014 and losing 900 runs hasn't helped.
At least you have been blooding your young guys which in turn will provide a move up the ladder in future seasons and sustained success, without hurting the hip pocket

Yep, like you guys we don't pay any players. Hard to compete with some Clubs. We had Bosisto lined up but then Uni swooped and end of story, they offer these guys free HECS at Uni which is basically $40 to $50k, incredible.

Hoping to get Kelvin back next year, maybe even Drennan. Kelvin made four centuries this season already, plus a 60 in his only Second X1 game for WA, but with so many contracted players over there does not get a look in. Think he may have jumped the gun and left bit quickly, but Siddons did not rate him so he looked for another opportunity.

Strong rumour amongst the boys and grade cricket circles that Patrick Page Jnr making a return to the Bay next year, would be handy pick up if true!
by Eagles2014
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

Final standings;
Spargo - $3.40
JK - $3.70
Daisy - $24.40
Doc - $1.70
Brodlach - $3.00
Eagles2014 - $22.40
Mr Beefy - $10.80
Pat Pirate - $6.50
Booney - $6.20

Doc takes the spoon but Daisy comes from the clouds in the last and takes the inaugural Spargo Cup.
Add it to your safooty profile with pride.
Thanks for playing groovers.

Bloody hell Daisy, thought I was home!! When the roughie won the last thought that was it, nobody would have picked it!!

Thanks for organizing Spargo, was bit of fun on the most boring day of the year!
by Eagles2014
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Alan Jones retiring from radio

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Wrong thread, should be "Things you rate" :D
by Eagles2014
Tue May 12, 2020 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, Matty Wright could be another handy recruit for North then! :shock:

He has taken over Ben Hart's role as Forward coach while he is suspended, so they must be keeping him on in some role.
by Eagles2014
Wed May 13, 2020 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Anyone watched the series Hamish McLachlan doing - "The last time I cried"?

Did Campbell Brown, and this week Tom Boyd. Quite entertaining and good stories.

But why during the Boyd one does Hamish go sit on the floor during the interview, very weird!
by Eagles2014
Mon May 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Sanfl are on job keepers..
If a player is contracted to a club for say 3yrs and the SANFL decides no payments, does that mean clubs/player can go on job keeper too?
Surely these days most players have jobs that would exclude them from JobKeeper?

Reckon some clubs are taking the pi55, and they (or the players) are going to get in big trouble. Have heard Centrals and Norwood the only clubs not done this. Other clubs have 35 players signed up to Job keeper, that is $18000 per player or over $600k. Lots of these players have full time jobs like teachers, physios, tradies etc. This is NOT what the Job keeper was for, and cant wait for the clubs to get busted. Saying they are playing for nothing is a dead set joke!
by Eagles2014
Tue May 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2

The Bedge wrote:Odds on Eddie coming out tomorrow calling for extra time for draws?

Doubt it. That game goes any longer, or extra time, and Richmond win easy. Collingwood happy to get the two points.
by Eagles2014
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Looks like the Eagles will play South Adelaide first up as a home game at Adelaide Oval, then second up Sturt as an away game at Adelaide Oval. Later on in the season the Eagles will play at Noarlunga as their away match and Eagles will play Sturt at Woodville as their Home match. ,
How are you getting this info Ferret. The club website has nothing on it.

Ferret always has his nose to the ground, would be from a good source :D
by Eagles2014
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - #hublyfe

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just seen that!!!!
Roo has no answer for that

Yep, Roo is just digging a bigger hole for himself. Great banter and comeback by Hugh.
by Eagles2014
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Round 3 - What becomes of the broken hearted?

Any footy tipping comp or S.C./Dreamteam comp this season is a waste of time, this won’t be the first time this happens!

When Phil Walsh was murdered and the game against Geelong was called off, all players were given their average I think, same should happen in this situation.
by Eagles2014
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone think we will go back into lockdown??

No. We're far too far down the line of easing restrictions, we've had zero community transmission cases since the start of March and we're on top of tracking / tracing as well as having expanded treatment ability. No, we won't go backwards, IMO.

Agree with this.

Really annoyed me when Scott Morrison (and his Ministers or the Chief Medical Officers over there) would go on about opening the borders and basically having a go at WA and SA for sticking to our guns. This is why we have done it, otherwise we were at risk of what is happening in Victoria. We have to worry about our state first, stuff everybody else!
by Eagles2014
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Mike Sheahan abandoning the podcast with Sam and Don....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Do you reckon he was given a tap on the shoulder by Foxtel to say what are you doing, stop your association with Sam now or you are done. Was doing his reputation fair bit of harm!
by Eagles2014
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Dixon

Cameron done his job

He just missed absolute soda from 20 metres directly in front!
by Eagles2014
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Grenville wrote:This Bess kid is ok, gets good drift.

Taught him everything he knows at West Torrens a couple of years ago :)
by Eagles2014
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

why was Ken in the middle for the song? what a knob!

Got Life Membership for the AFL today ;)
Fair enough then .... well done Kenny

Yeah cos that what coaches do when they get life membership, grow up Ken

The players all pushed him in the circle and made him do it. I knew people would bag him, bit I thought it was fantastic, well done Ken.
by Eagles2014
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems to me that there's three options to improve the standard of grade cricket:

1) Run clubs better. Retain players, develop players. Foster a depth of talent.

Too hard basket. Too much work.

2) Have fewer clubs. Make it truly elite. Hard to get a spot all the way through the grades.

Much, much too hard basket.

3) Have fewer grades at each club.

Bullseye! That way we can keep all our clubs and they don't need to run themselves any better than they do now.

#2 is the only way to make it work properly, but will never happen and I think we all know that now.

Lets put history and club ego's aside for a laugh and see what it could look like with geographical mergers..

1. North Eastern Bulls- TTG and East Torrens
2. Adelaide Blues - Adelaide and Sturt
3. Kensington Browns
4. Western Districts Eagles - Port and West Torrens
5. Southern Districts Seahorses - Glenelg and Southern
6. Northern Jets
7. North Adelaide Pirates - Prospect and Uni
8. Woodville Peckers

Will leave the home grounds to be debated..

88 of the best available players playing each week...
Got to be better for breeding players to perform at the next level.. !!!

Eagles 2014 would have just spat out his afternoon tea :lol:

Not really. Actually was in support of the merger with Woodville four years ago. We voted yes and looked like full steam ahead. Was going to be a “Super club” with brand new club rooms, etc. Then at the last minute SACA halved the money on offer from $1m to $500k and Woodville went cold on the idea and pulled the pin.

We then went on and won the Triple Premiership the following season. I just don’t think Port is the right merge for us. Has to be Woodville like the SANFL. Do all the volunteers have the energy and fight like last time, was very draining on everybody. Might see the writing is on the wall, merge or watch you Club disappear forever!
by Eagles2014
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7 - Well, they think this is it anyway

Geezi i hope tonight's game is a better spectacle than the shit show last night. What a horrible game of footy.

Was no different to the majority of games this year, not sure why you are surprised!

Collingwood try and get 3 goal lead in first quarter and then make it impossible for opposition to score after that, no team gets above 40 points against them.
Did I say I was surprised?

No :D
by Eagles2014
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

Have many people on here been watching The Last Time I Cried series?
The last two interviews, Dayne Beams and Hamish Mclachlan himself have been the 'best'- the saddest, most amazing and confronting stories.

Dayne Beams hit me on a personal level with his story about the death of his father due to bowel cancer, the way he described his father's deterioration was one of the most emotional footy things I've ever watched.

And what Hamish McLachlan's daughter has been through is horrible and for her to survive all that and now live a normal life is amazing.

Watched the whole series, was excellent viewing.

Agree re the last two shows you mentioned, was very hard not to shed a tear with the MCLachlan one. They went thru hell and thankfully have come out the other side.
by Eagles2014
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7 - Well, they think this is it anyway

Softest free in the history of AFL to Tex then, absolute bizarre :shock:
by Eagles2014
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:Dan the Man not impressed. 53% of the Vic's that got positive results went about their normal lives shopping, working, etc after being tested. :shock:

Victorians have this arrogance about them like Americans, no surprises!!
by Eagles2014
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Footy Chick wrote:
The Bedge wrote:A ******* COOOOOOKKING CLASSS!!!!!

Are you ******* kidding me?!!? :lol:

so can you tell us who this is so we can take the p1ss out of him in a couple of weeks :lol:

A quick look at the ins and outs from last week should narrow it down :D
by Eagles2014
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Tom McDonald been horrid. Their forward line been ok with him out, just stuffed the whole thing up and Weidemann then goes missing. Don’t know why they brought him back in.
by Eagles2014
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Doedee out, Gibbs in.

#youth

He'd be in for Crouch but ok. Need someone to keep the turnover stats up, the kids getting played in the middle (ie Jones) can't get near it.

Of course he's in for Crouch, but please, at 0-8 WTF is a 31 year old doing playing for Adelaide against the 17th placed team this weekend?

Makes not sense. Play a kid, even if he isn't ready, who knows what you might find.

I get all that about playing kids, etc, but you cant have all kids in there. They are getting smashed at clearances, Jones attends the most and did not have one last week. Chuck in another kid and be even more a disaster. Think they had to play Gibbs this week.
by Eagles2014
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone here suffering from insomnia should flick over to the game in the West

Dwayne Russell talks some garbage, claims “game of the year” after the final siren! Surely last nights was Game of the Year thus far

Yes, without a doubt last night was the best game of the year, obviously Dwayne was busy and missed it!
by Eagles2014
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Eagles players

Should clubs really be trying to get players over from interstate given the current crisis.

Yes I know there not breaking any laws but being a community club do they not have a greater sense of importance to act somewhat responsibly and lead the way when it comes to protecting our community.

Ill probably cop some crap for saying that but I don't know squeezing last minute recruits from a state which is at the height of the covid crisis is somewhat wrong imo.

Ill leave now.

I totally agree with you, dont like it at all.

Does it pass the pub test, NO, not at all.
by Eagles2014
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So on SEEK, Adelaide Uni advertising for a Cricket Director role paying $40-60k per year. What an absolute joke!

You have to wonder what they are paying their coaches and players. Fact they can use University money for this stuff is a disgrace. How they can entice players by paying their HECS debt is crap.

Other clubs are not competing on the same levels. The sooner they kick them out of the comp the better. The fact Tom Plant would have got a $20k bonus if they won the Club Championship last year sums up the money they are paying.

Most Clubs will really feel the affect of SACA funding being halved, while Uni will be laughing all the way to the bank. What a farce!
by Eagles2014
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is my take on things:

If I'm going to get worked up over what somebody I don't even know says on a faceless forum then I'd be thinking that I'm the one with the issue.

If you don't like what your reading, skim past, for all we know Apache could be 2 twelve year old girls winding up a bunch of middle aged blokes.

I think there's a little more to worry about in our lives than what happens on here.

Totally agree, LM. I like to read this topic as find out good info, but just don't read what those couple of posters write at all anymore, so this works a treat. Scroll past as soon as see their name, easy fixed!
by Eagles2014
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Graham Campbell Forum - AFL Punting / Same Game Mult

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I'm doing it wrong then. 3 leg multi it is for me tonight.

Cats by 80+
Hawkins for 6 or more
Dangerfield 40+

13/1

Ha, I done the first two and it was at 226's, it wouldn't let me put Danger in.

LOL

As much as this was taking the pi55, was actually one of the closest SGM in this thread :D
by Eagles2014
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 North V Centrals Saturday 1410

DOC wrote:Allmond receives a match for a striking offence but can take a reprimand leaving him available to play.

Watching the footage he is very lucky that they rated it as careless.

Agree, deliberate action that deserved a week, weak as PI55 by MRP and Allmond!
by Eagles2014
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

Jack Viney would have to be in the top three toughest players in the comp. How he got straight up from that contest just before half time is amazing, running back into marking contest and gets knee to the head, bounces straight back up and involved in next act of play. Most players would have stayed down and been carried off on a stretcher!
by Eagles2014
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

I stand by my previous comments, the Eagles are absolute frauds
We should be 5 goals up. Controlled the game bar 5 mins & missed 4 gettable shots.

Normally rate Mighty Tiger 79 and his comments on footy, BUT his persistent comments saying West Coast will win the flag make me wonder now :D

They have absolutely no chance of being Premiers this year, flat track bullies playing at home!
by Eagles2014
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Watched Henley v SHOC on Saturday .... terrific game. Sharks started well against a stiff breeze, controlled the ball well and held a 5 point lead at the first break. SHOC responded well in the second, kicking the first two goals and defended well for the rest of the quarter, allowing Henley just a single goal and a 2 point lead at the long break. The wind and rain was turning game into a real slog. SHOC set up a 13 point lead at 3/4 time, but Henley were coming home with a strong breeze. The Sharks pressure in the last quarter was elite and the ball was camped inside their forward 50. They kicked a couple of quick goals and hit the front about half way through the quarter. Somehow SHOC found a way to get the ball inside 50 and they took back the lead. Henley had three chances to win in the last 5 minutes, but they all missed. I thought Henley were the better team on the day, but 2.8 in the last quarter cost them. For SHOC, Shattock played an incredible last quater to hold up the Sharks time and again.

Think Henley win this week, even at SHOC's home ground. They should have won last time, and dominated at times. As you said, Shattock helped win the game, but he got injured on the weekend and did not play second half, hopefully he is ok to play this week. Cant see either getting close to TTG though, were simply awesome on the weekend.
by Eagles2014
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL COVID Lotto Competition

Eagles2014 wrote:Adelaide

First correct answer :D
by Eagles2014
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL COVID Lotto Competition

daysofourlives wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Adelaide

First correct answer :D

Nailing a 10/1 shot, thats cute ;)

Was going to do the Multi with Stengle too, but you beat me to it! Good get by you :D
by Eagles2014
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

Well done Port, thought the old boys in Harlett and Ebert stood up when the game was there to be won, Motlop deep forward was a good move, but McKenzie on Hawkins? Lucky he didn't kick straight. Who was Clurey on? Ladhams excellent also.

Hawkins had most of his kicks from 40+ metres out on the boundary, don’t think Port would have been unhappy about that!
by Eagles2014
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

Geelong 32 Port arent turning around a 66 point defeat just 6 weeks ago
Richmond 23 These 1st two results might be the best chance for a close GF, Richmond will be vulnerable in the prelim and i think Port can beat them
Saints 8 Who cares, making up the numbers
Pies 18 as above

Don’t know about that Port comment. If that’s the case, all four results are certainties, as the only time they each played this year, they were all one sided matches :shock:
Maybe they all will be lop sided, who knows.
Takes alot to turn around an 11 goal loss

14 goal turnaround :D
by Eagles2014
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

So if he has been appointed why go through the charade/wasting people’s time with applications?

Exactly

Agree totally. Annoys me when clubs do this. Say they have to go thru the process just in case Alistair Clarkson applies then end up appointing the guy everyone knows had the job two months ago. Just name him now to save a lot of people wasting their time!
by Eagles2014
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Didnt Grant deny that Thomas was going to be appointed? Was it advertised?

"Coach Jeff Andrews and the Club have parted ways and he will not be coaching the Central District Football Club in 2021 and beyond.

The Board and Management thank Jeff for his contribution to the Club and wish him every success in his next coaching endeavour.

Furthermore, contrary to any reports appearing in the media , the Club has not appointed Paul Thomas as Senior Coach and has not spoken to any other person in regard to the position at this stage.

No further comment will be made at this time.

Kris Grant, Chief Executive"

Some people stay at a Club too long, and end up undoing all the good work they have done.

Think Kris Grant fits that category, this is dead set embarrassing for him!

Time to go Kris!!
by Eagles2014
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - Preliminary Finals

Port steadied to grab lead at quarter time.

Thought Marshall did couple of handy things.

Ladhams is a dumb footy player, gave away three stupid frees, all he did not have to do, plus gets reported, stupid!
by Eagles2014
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many times has Rockliff fumbled tonight?

Motlop - Geelong bit stiff he kicked three last game, back to his usual self tonight.

Burton - looks injured again, needs to sort out his body!

Rozee - stop playing for frees, umpires won’t pay that soft crap in finals.
by Eagles2014
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Feel for Ebert, love watching him play

Could inspire his team to a win

Could be career ending, way too many concussions.

Was such a gutsy and big play by him.
by Eagles2014
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

Has Silk ever made a run?
I swear every time I see a Tassie scorecard he is out for under 5 Always seems to get a good one early haha.
Averages 30.66 in Shield cricket so that is very average, scored 56 in the second innings against Queensland last game.
Davis not up to this level (was great catch, but still)
I think you might be being a bit harsh because his dismissal was very unlucky, that was ripping catch by Paine.

Silk gets LBW a hell of a lot too, seems to be how he gets out!

On Davis, that was a regulation first slip catch, just Paine trying to be a hero :D

Not basing that comment on this innings, based on watching him bat a lot over last eight years at Grade level. Think there are better, younger guys around than him, time will tell if that opinion is correct!
by Eagles2014
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some interesting selections this week.
Pope, Valente and Davis for their respective clubs. Does that mean they're dropped and out of the "hub"? Pope named for Kensington.....

Archbishop of Canterbury not available? ;)
...and Winter, McInerney and Tom Cooper. I thought if all of these were in the "hub" they weren't allowed to play for their clubs? Unless there's going to be some major changes to the Redbacks squad?

Rules seemed to have changed since they were announced at the start! Tim Neilson now saying because there are 9 days before next game, they only have to quarantine for 3 days before the game. Not sure where they make up this 3 days rule, but anyway!

Davis released to play (not good for us :shock: ), and Pope also. I can understand giving Head a rest as batted so long, and Nielsen who kept a lot, but the other batters should have been made to play Grade cricket - Hunt, Weatherald, Ferguson. Thought Dizzy was going to get them playing more Grade stuff, and first opportunity doesn't do it. If Head was given out on 99 we would have lost two outrights in a row, and our batsmen have let us down and need all the hits they can get!
by Eagles2014
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |