Search found 437 matches

Return

Re: 2023 Silly Season

Vamos wrote:Geez, the offended generation strikes again.

The way I read it was that he was suggesting Oliver's addiction is stupidity or the like.

Some people on here are over sensitive these days :shock:
by Eagles2014
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

Renshaw and Kurt Patterson are players who - for some reason - I'd like to see back in the test team eventually. But they definitely need big runs.

Renshaw obliged against the Vics.

Patterson had two failures against us. He probably wouldn't have too many chances left even for NSW on form for the last couple of seasons, even though he's still 30.

Patterson had three poor seasons in a row now, was dropped from NSW team late last season :shock: He is finished I think. Bancroft and Renshaw fighting for the opening spot. Henry Hunt been ordinary since being talked up for that spot, lucky nobody putting any pressure on him from below.
by Eagles2014
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

whufc wrote:That result really helps the aussies out and probably makes them favorites for that fourth spot with a chance of taking third as well.

They need to somehow get to 3rd to avoid semi final against India, be a potentially easier semi against NZ.
by Eagles2014
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Montgomerie will be at the Dogs, unfortunately the ones in the VFL though.
I hope this isnt a sign of the future where players think theyre a better chance to get back into the AFL system by playing VFL rather than SANFL
It's not a sign of the future, it is the current.

Have had a SANFL club Footy Manager tell me directly that this is exactly what is happening.

Jackson Hately was a combination of this reason and his partner working in Victoria, but Monty is 100% this reason.

Suspect if he doesn't get picked up in 2024 then he would likely return to SA in 2025.

Don't get that, we are 2nd best comp in the country and if you perform much better chance of being picked up :shock:
by Eagles2014
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazelwood doesn't deserve 10 overs tonight?

Was going to say the same thing :shock:

Cummins does this every match, he never bowls him at the death, but he always has couple of overs left and is always our most economical bowler? If you don’t think he can bowl at the death, then use him up earlier. Seems bizarre to me.
by Eagles2014
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7/145. Stobo looked good for 25. Wyllie come back in now. Only need 56 now :shock:
by Eagles2014
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Played against Flagstaff yesterday, they were saying they only have sixteen players. They have now pulled there B grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the clarification. I actually heard the same today from a board meeting of the association.

Now that's sorted, I'll concentrate on the WYC bashing.

It won't be long until I'm banned from their fb page, but they are certainly taking the p!55 with the association.

I am barracking for any other team in section 3.

This is a bigger farce than putting SD in section 1.

I used to respect this club.

Joke

Absolutely spot on. Booney as a Life Member recently of this Club must be so embarrassed!

They should have been made to play this year in Div 1, if they lose every game then bad luck, down to Div 2 next season. Lose every game again next season and then down to Div 3, fair enough. To be placed in Div 3 this season and to be totally taking the pi55 is the biggest joke of the season by this Association :shock:
by Eagles2014
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously, if an umpire can’t definitely give that not out from square leg rather than be fat and lazy and refer it upstairs then they shouldn’t be there.

It’s a con by Australia, Inglis knows those two stumpings were not out but they can get the caught behind reviewed without wasting one. Should be outlawed :shock:
by Eagles2014
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:No Manenti wtf?

2/166 after 30

Reckon he may be injured, looked bit ginger at end of Shield game, probably the same with McAndrew.
by Eagles2014
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:**** that was hard to read!

Not too proud to admit there's no dry eyes here mate.

Absolutely, still shaking now. You always put yourself in the parents position when you have kids around similar age, just cant imagine coping at all.
by Eagles2014
Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International ODIs

India has announced their squad for the five-match T20I series against Australia:

Suryakumar Yadav (c), Ruturaj Gaikwad (vc), Ishan Kishan (wk), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Shivam Dube, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Shreyas Iyer

WTF :shock:

What an absolute waste of time this series is, the last thing they all want to play after such a long World Cup. India have one player from the Final playing, they don’t give a crap. Just send them all back to Australia to get ready for the Test series :shock:
by Eagles2014
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shield squad for match starting tomorrow against Victoria @ Adelaide Oval

Squad of 13 v Victoria: Jake Lehmann (C), Nathan McSweeney (VC), Wes Agar, Jordan Buckingham, Jake Carder, Alex Carey (WK), Harry Conway, Brendan Doggett, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Henry Hunt, Ben Manenti, Nathan McAndrew, Liam Scott

Carey in for Nielsen
Drew dropped
Agar back
Conway a certainty to mix the cordial imo

Who bats at 3?

Carey should.

Agree, think Carey gives them the luxury to play Liam Scott at 7. Two pace bowlers to miss.
by Eagles2014
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Bit unfair on Nielson, his no world beater but his a pretty serviceable back up to an international keeper. Averaging close to 30, reasonable enough with the gloves.

Think MC was referring to Lehmann :D

(so used to people bagging Harry on here :D)
by Eagles2014
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

One Day Cup Quarter Finals on Sunday Jan14:

West Torrens vs Adelaide at Henley
Kensington vs Tea Tree Gully at Parkinson
Sturt vs Port at Price Memorial
Northerns vs Glenelg at Salisbury

Three Div 2 teams (Sturt, Northerns, Adelaide) make finals over Woodville, Uni and East Torrens.
by Eagles2014
Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Is it time for Carey to be replaced by Inglis?

Taking away our SA bias, think it should happen the way things are panning out :shock:

You're dreaming. Taking away my SA bias, Carey is the best glovesman in the country and his batting average is better than most keepers

Where there is smoke, there is fire!

When Robert Craddock writes his article in the paper this morning you know he is in trouble. He is like Carolyn Wilson with AFL and gets all the inside goss.

You cant argue with his batting average of 15 in last five Tests.

I get you are all SA Bias on here but facts dont lie. He is under the pump big time to make runs in Sydney!

I did read that article. But I'll stand by my you're dreaming comment. Inglis isn't even the next best. And if he is, we're struggling for keepers. He averaged less than 20 in the World Cup and his glovework doesn't even compare.

Good to see Pakistan putting up a bit of a fight this morning. Will keep the rest of today and hopefully the next few days interesting.

I dont get the love for Inglis either. Personally would go Pierson if making a change. Agree nothing going to happen in 2024 as not many Tests.
by Eagles2014
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

Trader wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Finally Strikers drop Weatherald, doubt we will see him ever again.

One good innings every year, ten crap ones. Then posters like you froth all over him. Problem with the Redbacks and Strikers is they then reward these players with long term contracts and dig us further into a hole.
by Eagles2014
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Going down leg surely

Watching live thought the same, going down leg.

Having said that, I think they have to get rid of Umpires call, if technology says it was hitting the stumps it should be out. If the umpire gave Head out in this case he would have been out, that doesn’t make much sense to me.
by Eagles2014
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:VIC 5/73

need another 84 to win

You can tell already what is going to happen, will crush us again getting runs 9 down :shock:

I fear Harper as he comes in and smashes 40 off 20 to get target down quickly.
by Eagles2014
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Hasn’t been a run on track recently

I’d be watching the first few races before having a bet
I'm on. :lol:
Pretty balanced field with at least 3 other runners who prefer to settle rearward.
First run in Australia was Lakeside in December over the 1400m and made up plenty of ground from a car park draw.
2nd up lame.
3rd up runs a brilliant 2nd in a huge Saturday metro field from the car park draw again.
Today, back to midweek class, smaller field, better barrier, more ground, should be rock hard fit.
If the track is against me today, so be it. That's punting. Good luck MT!

Thoughts on Allen ride :shock:

Hate jocks on best horse in race that ride for luck. Get him out in the open early and give him every chance!
by Eagles2014
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry in the runs again.
Good to see as he’s copped his fair share of criticism over time

Will get shut down for this but actually think he is one of our most consistent bats.

If Carey comes back in the side whether that be shield or one dayers i would still find room for Nielson as a batter.

Would definitely retain his spot, at least values his wicket (I know I have been critical of him in the past too but respect his form lately)
by Eagles2014
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon you could be spot on here Jim. That probably over rides the Law mentioned above. Would still be out at Domestic level, but not when shown on screen. Mitch Marsh reacted to it when he saw it on the screen.
by Eagles2014
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't remember that happening before :?

Marnus would have appealed

I think its a sign umpires are getting sick of the players crap these days.

Will be interesting to hear if the umpire got this correct. By the following Law, it appears the Aussies could still appeal up until Spencer went to bowl the next ball, which he had not done :shock:

31.3 Timing of appeals

For an appeal to be valid, it must be made before the bowler begins his/her run-up or, if there is no run-up, his/her bowling action to deliver the next ball, and before Time has been called.

The call of Over does not invalidate an appeal made prior to the start of the following over, provided Time has not been called. See Laws 12.2 (Call of Time) and 17.2 (Start of an over).
by Eagles2014
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't see much in any of those incidents, including the ones from the T20 final. The umpire handled it perfectly. Batsmen accidentally runs into bowler while both ball watching. Bowlers pissed off at getting ran in to and makes sure the batsmen won't do it again. Umpire tells the bowler to get on with playing the game - which he already was - walking back to his mark. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion/aggression/frustration. There was no indication of bad language or disrespect of the umpires and no indication of the bowler or batsmen deliberately going out of their way to cause an ugly incident. Nothing to see here.

The umpire was ex West Torrens player Peter George, he reported both players so he obviously knew they crossed the line. Sure he handled it well on the field to calm things down, but was never going to let them get away with physical contact of any type on purpose. The players went at each other each ball bowled for rest of over with not great language.

Normally Aerie you make a lot of sense, but “nothing to see here” when getting three games suspended is definitely not nothing :shock: Should have both missed this round but played the Sunday final.
by Eagles2014
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see Pointon and Carrington are back playing. Have these two been injured most of the season? Important to have these guys pushing up to be the next A Grade batsmen. The other player I was wondering about was Gammon - who got a 5fer in the 1st Grade early in the season - has he been injured? I see he's back now.

Bad news re Capel. He's had a great season. It might be one of those seasons where if you can scrape to over 200 as a team, that's a winning score.

Pointon - been overseas, first game back today and made 163 in 2nd Grade. Talented footballer who was premiership player with CMS Crows in Yorke Peninsula FL couple of years ago, but agree he is one who has always shown talent and this will hopefully give him that boost going forward.

Carrington - gave cricket away couple of years ago, decided to comeback and play with his mates in 3rd Grade last game and now into 2nd Grade this round. Not sure he has the desire to get back to 1st Grade but again has the talent so would be good if he chose to try.

Gammon - injured himself just after that 5 for and missed nearly two months, just getting back to match fitness over last two matches in 2nd Grade. If they make finals and the two Poms go home he maybe needed in the 1st Grade again by then.
by Eagles2014
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done!
Surely Hags should be looked at for the Strikers job next season.
Done everything he can at Grade level.
I’d even have him coaching the Redbacks next year as Dizzy hasn’t improved the system one bit.
I dare say he's zero chance while Time Nielsen is still in charge. :?

Sadly, think you are spot on. SACA would need a clean out and start a fresh with Neilson/Gillespie gone. Then he may stand a chance. He was bowling coach for Redbacks back when they were playing in Finals (even though they lost two in a row). Unfortunately, he is too outspoken and not a "Yes man" so ruffled too many feathers at SACA. Why they will never go anywhere till there is massive change.
by Eagles2014
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

… and to make it more absurd, Gaz comes in as nightwatchman :roll:

FFS, bowlers cant bowl another 8 overs before resting for the night? Too much to ask?

I feel very Un-Australian, BUT….I find myself wanting Marnus to fail, so unlikeable :shock:

And wanting it to piss down Day 4 and 5 as we didn’t enforce the follow on :shock:
by Eagles2014
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Wedgie wrote:Geezus, just saw it, horrific. Made me feel sick.
Yep, 8 weeks at least.
10 times worse (if not more) than SPPs who I didn't think should get anything, should be 40 weeks!

Agree, way worse than SPP. Has to get minimum eight games if AFL are serious. Should be ten :shock:
by Eagles2014
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Insider_Trading wrote:Adelaide Women's 1st grade today: all out for 23
Adelaide Women's 2nd Grade today: all out for 27

Yikes :oops:

Might need to merge with the Southerns girls……..oh hang on, already done that ;)
by Eagles2014
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

I have only heard this second hand, so it's as only as good as those it has come from, as a club we were not a part of the process other then a statement from the players batting as asked for by ATCA. So it's been directly between the league and Grange, the league making the report I believe.

As for a fiery GF if that's the case, again I think this was more between the player and umpires then us as a team.

We look to try and finish a strong season Vs Trinity, who have been a bit of a thorn in the past, always seem to get them on a 40 degree day !

Hearing story now that Grange threatened to get Lawyers involved. So, ATCA just roll over due to this?? This was as bad as you can see, how he could still play in a Grand Final if they make it makes an absolute joke of the Association!
by Eagles2014
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think Frogbox is allowed as evidence in ATCA

i hope thats not the case.....

I know that some games have frogbox others dont etc but at the end of the day if the evidence exists it should be used regardless of the source.

Watch the league cry around September next year that they dont have enough umpires to cover all grades.

Horrible decision.

Maybe they would get the message if all umps refused to umpire this week in 40 degrees - would love to see Arron standing out there all day :D
by Eagles2014
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now hearing Sayers got four games, appealed and the Commissioner increased it to 6 games, and Grange lost six points also.

Hopefully this rumour is correct as much better result.
by Eagles2014
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I presumed state players wouldn’t have been available for this weekend, but with the early win to the Redbacks, will we see full strength teams this weekend?

Think Redbacks players will play, does not affect Port (Carder already playing) and Uni (have nobody, but will get Thomas Brown back from Under 19 team).

West Torrens should have Buckingham and Neilson back, but Spencer be heading to India.

Glenelg be interesting as could have McInerney, McSweeney and Doggett back. Doubt Carey would play as he would feel awful pushing Damon Kerr out having not played for three years.

Going to be some really stiff players at the Bay miss out who have played all year. Same thing happened in 20/20 GF and seemed to really unsettle them. Couple of regulars will have to miss out.
by Eagles2014
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bradman Medal - phantom call.

Division 1:

Tom Andrews (PA) 31 votes
Kelvin Smith (WT) 26
Sam Kerber (Uni) 23
Will Bowering (GL) 21
Cam Valente (PA) 20

Division 2:

Thomas Kelly (ST) 24 votes
Suraj Rajesh (Adel) 20
Corey Kelly (ST) 19

Pretty close in the end :D

Tom Andrews and Kelvin Smith tie on 24 votes, from Will Bowering on 22 and Sam Kerber 21.

Thomas Kelly and Suraj Rajesh tie on 23 votes.

Alex Price from Sturt won her 2nd Rolton Medal easily.
by Eagles2014
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes tough call to leave out a top three finisher in Bradman medal

6 other sides wishing they were playing today!, would think that not playing today would be a major failure as two day comp is all clubs #1 priority
5/60 at lunch you would think puts them behind the 8 ball at present, still lots of overs to be played, if they can scrape 200+, back in it

Losing three finals in one season would hurt A LOT

Bowering is playing, they left out Isaac Higgins.

This decision is not great for team morale, he is popular member of the team, played every game and gets dropped for the biggest game of the season. Who knows how this affects other players in the team mentally, but certainly would not help.

Barring a major catastrophe, Port will win and the $40k for Valente and Andrews will be considered money well spent. Glenelg losing all three Grand Finals is a disaster. This squad not to have any flags over last few seasons is a huge failure, what do they do about it going forward? Mentally they are screwed.

Don’t agree with the comment re major failure not making two day finals? Who has had successful or failed season in 2023/24?

Port - two day champs - successful
West Torrens - two Premierships and 3rd in two day beaten by eventual Premier - successful
Glenelg - three GF’s and three losses - failure
Other five teams - failure

PS if Port lose from here, please delete the above :D
by Eagles2014
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL vs VFL Sat 6th April

Thank god for the three Glenelg forwards, got all five of our goals
by Eagles2014
Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PLAY HQ

amber_fluid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Seems to be working ok now, been trying since 5pm to download scores and it wasn't working - I was either getting the Not Found 404, or it wasn't downloading certain grades

Mine still not working?

Same, not working still. What an absolute crap, useless piece of shi5 this is :evil:
by Eagles2014
Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Was great day at the LIV Pro am. Able to walk wherever and be within touching distance of the players, won’t get anywhere near this close to them over the three days. Rahm was excellent and had so much banter with us, undoubtedly favourite player now.

Apparently yesterday Tyrell Hatton had a Hole in one on 14th and was cursing himself for wasting it, only Tyrell could carry on like that :D

Course looks immaculate, so many more stands and drink/food vans appear more also, so hopefully they cope with the extra crowds and learn from last year.
You a volunteer?

Hopefully the crowds spread out through the course.

As Booney said, member of Grange. They only let Members in today, a little sweetener I think as originally nobody was allowed in.

The original deal was LIV four years in Adelaide, but only two confirmed at Grange. There is a vote of Members after if they want the Club to bid to host the next two years. I don’t think any of the other “big three” clubs have the area big enough to host, so Grange the only option.

But push by large group of Members to vote NO. Sick of the disruption. Basically two months affected with short holes, only 16 holes, or closed altogether and lots pi55ed off. Mine is 6 day member at $3600, so that’s $600 affected for instance.

Personally I think the positives the Club gets far outweigh the negatives and am all for keeping LIV here, but get the feeling it may be closer vote than I thought few months ago :shock:
by Eagles2014
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |