Search found 434 matches

Return

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

Because he wasn't getting anywhere.

Totally agree with this.

Fair dinkum, just because he is a nice guy Roy Laird should keep him??

He has had more than enough chances, at many clubs, unfortunately he is just not up to this Level.

Sometimes you just have to move on and go play Ammos or Country footy and accept it.
by Eagles2014
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

When is the Shield game after this Sat-Tues one?

Starts Friday Nov 16. So Shield players should be ok to play.

Some teams have named them on My Cricket, but you don't really need to, as can just add them in the following week, wait and see if bowling/batting and make the call then.

I believe the rule these days around slash players is if you name them you can slash them for whoever (but obviously that swap is set in stone) if you dont name them you can still slash them in the next week but it must be a like for like slash (eg. Batsmen for a batsmen)
What happens if you name a player for week 2, then SACA say they aren't allowed to play that game - are you able to replace them with the week 1 player?

SACA players can be slashed in and out as they wish, they have total control. So if you name a slash player for next week and SACA pull him out, the slash is just cancelled.

Likewise, if you don't name any slash players, but SACA agree the player can play, you can choose a similar player to slash.
by Eagles2014
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard that a bowler got hit on the head on the weekend and wasn't in a very good way, I'm pretty sure it was from an A Grade game too, possibly the Prospect vs Southern game? Does anyone else know anything about it?
Was a Jets bowler I'm pretty sure. At Park 25

Yep, spot on. Young Pom playing his first A Grade game, Hagan-Burt. Hit straight back at him, hit in head and it still went sideways to the boundary for four! Ambulance called but could not get out onto Park 25. Think he ended up walking across to RAH.

Was there over five overs before released, then at home that night got call from hospital to say they found something on his brain and to come in urgently. Lucky they did or he could have been in serious trouble. Feeling ok now thank goodness.
by Eagles2014
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

SA 2/13

Weatherald 7
Ferguson 0

Two guys who want to press claims for a test call up certainly haven't helped their cause.

Yet another Ferg fail when the pressure is on & people talking him up for higher honours. Who would have though hey!!!!!

Weatherald's form is terrible too, got a bit ahead of himself!

Carey easy money getting WA at $1.72, we are useless!
by Eagles2014
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No doubt Ferg will make a 50 this innings to save his spot, so Weatherald must be dropped for the last Shield game before the break and replaced with Kelvin Smith.

Genius

Was always going to happen, every one of the batters in the starting line up does the same thing!!

Mennie lost all form with bat, would regular make runs last year, real bunny this year!

Time for Siddons and Nielsen to make a stand and drop some of theses blokes, or they deserve to be sacked themselves!
by Eagles2014
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

State Government giving $250k to AFL women's, with the Lightning about to go under.

Just does not sit right with me, surely football can survive on its own!

You need return on your investment though. The Lightning have previously been bailed out & shown it’s not there.
Sad for SA sport.

Yeh, I agree with all that Spargo and understand that's how it works.

Just don't reckon it would pass the "pub test" like they go on about!
by Eagles2014
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One new recruit supposedly copping some grief from his club for not bowling. Club sorted out flights, accommodation etc and thought they were getting an allrounder. Player says sorry he's too sore to bowl.

You referring to us TC??
Not sure of the club. Caught the tail end of some chatter about it 'out the back' at the test match. I assumed Prospect Reasonable assumption.....but continue Eagles [emoji6]

Would have thought Prospect too, paying him same coin as Turley and getting no benefit at all.

Our situation only developed last couple of days, so would not have been discussed at Test Match!!

Our Pom has been told by his Club to return home, wont even let him bat this weekend even though he leaves on Tuesday. Has signs of stress fractures, sore back, typical bowler. Only bowled in one game and pulled up sore. But been a gun batter, such a clean hitter, was going to be a guru in the 20/20's.

Chuck in the news Kelvin Smith been signed by Renegades (awesome for him, but BBL goes for 2 months!), fair to say our batting taken a real hit now. Good opportunity for kids who have been pretty inconsistent all year in 2nd Grade like Carrington and Crouch to get plenty of game time now.

One reason I always hate getting overseas players, would rather develop your own youth!
by Eagles2014
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Ross not named in Heats 13 man squad, not injured from what I can see, he went up there on big $$ didnt he?

Had a terrible year for Redbacks, cant even make runs in Second Xi games, not much better at Kensington.

Only got the 20/20's to hold his head high in, so career really at the crossroads now then!
by Eagles2014
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Whoever got Pat Cummins body right for test cricket is a genius.

Agree, just about our most important player in the team right now.

Shane Warne reeling off stats earlier about Hazelwood and Starc and their wickets and averages in Tests during 2018 and they are not that great. Talk about us having the best attack in the world is just not the case.

Cummins however has the best record out of all of them as first change bowler. As whufc said, whoever got him to where his body appears so strong these days needs to work with the rest of the pace bowlers in the country like Pattinson who continually break down still.
by Eagles2014
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Now the top six have all batted, the changes I would make for Sydney are:

Out: Finch and M.Marsh

In: Burns and Wade

Rewards the two blokes who have dominated Sheffield Shield this season.

Top six then Burns, Harris, Khawaja, S.Marsh, Head, Wade.
by Eagles2014
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was interesting going thru Port's team today, trying to work out how many of their juniors they had playing in the 1st Grade, could only come up with one - Aussie Umpherston?

Woodville - Benton, Sayers, Carter, McDonald
Glenelg - Kerr
Northerns - Giniotis
Uni - Cooper
Adelaide - Garlick
Unsure- Dilley and Jordy Thomas

Wonder why other Clubs get pi55ed off with them. Instead of trying to buy an A Grade flag, why not put that money towards their junior development programmes. We do this as we don't pay any players, then we find out they are targeting our gun recruit for next year and offered him big coin already. Weeksy is a sly dog, gotta watch him like a hawk as he targets so many players from other Clubs every year!
by Eagles2014
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Did anyone take notice of how Warnie was chalking Finch's cue when he was dismissed, he said "Finch was in unbelievable form" he was on 13 from 10 FFS.

Must be hitting them well, couldn't even break a plastic chair despite having two attempts at it.

Warne is a fool.

Don't know why people listen to Foxtel commentators, Channel 7 has been much better. Ponting always makes so much sense, best of the lot.

simple for me i refuse to watch anything on Channel 7 regardless of what it is

So you could not get to the SANFL Grand Final with North playing and the only way you could watch it was on Channel 7, you wouldn't watch???

The best thing about being on two channels with the cricket is you can choose either if you have Fox, so when Slater is on you just switch over!
by Eagles2014
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:Who prepares Henley Oval now?

Trent's business still does it, like many ovals including Woodville, but he is now 2nd in charge at SACA and looks after Park 25 ovals and KR oval, so basically just oversees them now. Left in his staff's control.
by Eagles2014
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:2/109 - big score coming up

They only have one recognized batter left (Short), then all the bowlers, so one wicket could break it up.

Having said that, guys like Tremain always makes 50 against us!
by Eagles2014
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - It’s a long way back from 0-2

Swans have been stitched up by umpiring tonight.

Every time the Crows go down and get a goal, that Reid miss free was the third time been a two goal turnaround.
by Eagles2014
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The best grade/ futures batsman in the state has not been offered a contract, I find this hard to fathom personally.
Does E2014 have any knowledge of what will happen with him now?

Posted comment on the Domestic/Redbacks forum.

Basically, very biased view but this decision is a disgrace. At 24 years of age, he is just coming to the prime age for a batsmen, they have put all these years into him and they discard him now, does not make sense.

Think Tasmania are interested (with Jake Winter too), so will have to see what happens.

Hope he does a Cosgrove and goes down there and dominates and wins a Shield with them, shove it up Tim Nielsen!

If he does not get a gig somewhere, my gut feel is he will do a Peter George and move to another State, let his performances do the talking, and end up with multi year contract like Georgy did with QLD.

Kelvin has top scored for our Futures/Second X1 team for last couple of seasons, so how he can be treated like this is unbelievable really!
by Eagles2014
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Our local cafe is all about community, sustainability, reconciliation, everything that can and will make this world a better place.

They've got close ties with the Port Adelaide Football Club and in several weeks from now the cafe will host a BBQ luncheon for people in the area who need a little assistance. The BBQ is just a small part of the day as Miss Boon will be offering free haircuts to those who need them most and the club has arranged some tickets to the game that afternoon. Very proud of my girl.

The cafe has really developed and sense of community and the people who would once have been looked down upon by wider society are finding someone putting an arm ( or a blanket for the winter ) around them and making their lives a little better.

Very fulfilling seeing someone who once walked in the shadows standing a bit taller when they've got someone engaging them in conversation, they've got a full stomach and don't feel like they're doing it all on their own.

That's awesome story, you should be very proud of her.

Don't think we all do enough of this sort of stuff as get caught up in our own worlds (guilty of that!!).
by Eagles2014
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5. The footy Marathon begins.

Crows and Suns game - could be the worse quarter of football for the year!!! Horrible stuff!
by Eagles2014
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2019

Definitely correct, jumped Kilburn in the first and then after half time were all over them. Kilburn did have a couple of big injuries before half time though and ran out of gas. Woody south moved the ball well and have some big guys running around for them.

Well done to Woody Souths.

Some quality ins for Woody Sth as well. Rugari is a good pick up. Played for Seaton Ramblers in round 1. The Chics had a few good players out as well and a couple returning thru the B’s. Early days and it just shows you need to be on your game every week.

Woody South will never get Timmy Sumner back now, got one game suspension in second game for Glenelg to take him to 12 games and banned for life from Amateur League. Great result for the League to never have to put up with his dirty antics again!
by Eagles2014
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

billy wrote:Winter gone.. 2 years Tassie

That was the rumour about a month ago when I spoke to his uncle, he was pi55ed off not getting a go this year. Good on him for taking a punt. Doubt they would now offer Kelvin one also.
by Eagles2014
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also hearing strong rumours of Page to the Buffs and 2 Metre Peter returning to WT, handy along with Johnson x2 Drew and Leverock rounding out their bowling attack

Thought 2 metre Peter got another Queensland contract!!!!

Don't think Georgey did get a contract this year. Initial reports were he was staying in QLD though.

Hopefully he does come back to SA as would be big in for the Eagles!
by Eagles2014
Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11 - Split rounds after this

How did Crows win that!

Atkins lucky man, dropped sitter that should have cost match with minute to go, soft as butter.
by Eagles2014
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:Who's Kam?

Assuming he talking about Kamau Leverock, played for Walkerville last year and West Torrens in 20/20 comp. apparently committed to play full time for West Torrens this season.
by Eagles2014
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Torrens finally given up on their “home grown juniors” have they?
Capel, Johnson x2 and Drew seem to be the only ones that will be worth keeping around IMO

I know you are looking for a "bite" SD, so here you go! Still have majority of home grown talent in 1st Grade. Won Triple Premiership couple of years ago with 11 of the 12 from junior program.

Needed to find a senior batter to replace Kelvin to help Drewy. Have several 17/18 year olds who played 1st Grade last season, but they need experience around them, all in State squads. Carrington, Pointon, Crouch, etc will still get plenty of opportunities.

Doubt Isaac Johnson will play, focussing on footy with West. Warren Peters is previous Ray Sutton premiership captain who is probably the best "keeper" in the comp, did not make an error last year and has amazing hands. Will be better with the bat this year as after having a year off was rusty early but finished really well.

All looking as promising as can be heading into July!
by Eagles2014
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19 - I pity the fool

What a cockhead Heath Shaw is. And an overrated one at that.
.... who is about to play his 300th game. Some of his stuff is quite funny.

Anyone who is a Premiership player and played over 300 games has had a great career!

We complain about most players being like robots and boring as bat shit, then complain when someone has a laugh and joke about themselves. Think he has great sense of humour and should be more of it.
by Eagles2014
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Time for Travis Head to go on with it today.

Over his career (for Redbacks also), he continually gets out after lunch/tea break or stumps break.

He did it again in 1st innings getting out straight after lunch.

Cannot let it happen again today!
by Eagles2014
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Does Dixon not play again this year? (Get him right for next year , seems to be off the pace)

Had no meaningful possessions, but I'm sure the powers that be will argue him taking 3 up into a contest allows Rozee to rove and kick two goals, allows Gray room to move and isolate 1-on-1 as the loose defender goes to the aerial contest with Dixon and with 19 goals on the weekend, you would suggest the forward line was/is more dangerous with him in it.

If he does, does Lycett play?

I don't see Lycett, Ladhams, Ryder, Dixon and Marshall all in the side midfield and forward of the ball. Looks like Lycett is all of a sudden our third ruckman! Granted the conditions under the roof suited the more agile Ladhams and Ryder, plus Essendon don't really have much by way of ruck stocks.

If so who misses out?

If Lycett plays I think the only one who can miss out is Ladhams. Lycett can't play forward for more than a rest, Ryder seems as though he prefers the middle of the ground and the freedom to roam, Ladhams could potentially play as a key forward but I think they'll prefer Dixon's frame as mentioned above taking the hits and getting the ball to ground.

My preference would be Dixon and Marshall forward, Ryder the third and Lycett doing the bulk of the ruck work. Hard for him to get back in the side given Ladhams form on the weekend and Lycett didn't have a game to impress selectors.

More so at the end of the year who goes? Lycett has a 5 year deal so he's going nowhere, Howard has 3 years to go, Marshall has one to go and so does Dixon. Ryder, Ladhams and Frampton are all out of contract. Right now I'd be letting Ryder go and making Lycett, Dixon, Ladhams and Frampton fight for 3 spots in the AFL side.

Love the weekly write up Booney, funny and informative as usual!

I know Dixon had only 5 possessions, but I hope they play him for rest of year. If he played against GWS, Port win. They dominated the last quarter but had nobody to kick it to, and the likes of Gray and Rozee, etc crumbing off Charlie would have resulted in at least one goal to win the match.

He is coming off a serious injury with no pre season, I cant think of one player in recent history who has had a good season when this happens. I am sure with everything going well over summer he will have a much improved 2020.
by Eagles2014
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Two little ducks

Late change for the bloods. Hayden McLean out and Lewis Melisandre in.
Who? How is Max Gawn not going to dominate this game?

Melican is a defender. Reid and Allir will ruck. So Gawn will easily dominate. Dee’s to lose tonight

Yep, The old CHF and CHB will ruck.

Sydney should have taken a ruckman in the mid season draft.

Absolute disgrace!! Why pick him up, perfect reason why they should have been playing him. Season over, chance to see what he is like at this level. Just ruined the whole season for South basically!
by Eagles2014
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cats v Pies

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:"Clearly touched" :lol:

Does that FARC system show something different to what we see?

They said we will see exactly what they see.

Was the right call, ball has to be completely over the line and could clearly see some of the ball wasn't.

One correct out of one so far!
by Eagles2014
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Danny Frawley RIP

God I'm going to miss him with the Golden Fist, Bounce is my favourite footy show and Golden Fist is my favourite segment along with Dribble File and DCMs, which also belonged to Spud. Bounce won't be the same without him, he and Chief have been a great combination over the years.

RIP.

Agree, was just a great laugh this show, just everyone taking the pi55 out of each other, mainly back and forth between Spud and Chief, but normally just laugh thru the whole hour.

I doubt they will ever do this show again, just would not be the same and doubt Dunstall could do it, the whole show was about the banter and sledging between them. Very sad indeed.

Have also stayed away from reading/watching shows since. Even reading everyone's comments on this thread now just start crying, people at work probably looking wondering what's up.

Heard they did cancel On the Couch last night, did they go ahead with Talking Footy and Footy Classified?
by Eagles2014
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2019

I said central were fake news, not anywhere else.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood me.

Centrals weren't fake news, he had an interview and was invited for a second.

Fair play to Sheedy he declined the second interview because he had progressed with the Eagles to which was his preferred destination for one reason or another.

Cmon FC, you can say it:

I was wro…….

I was wrrooo….

I was wrrooonnnnn…..

I was wrrrrooooonnnnnngggggg!!!!

Geez you are stubborn!!
by Eagles2014
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

Houli since half time, outstanding.
Yep, has been amazing
Will win the norm Smith should have won it in 17

Surely he gets a game, has form, just like Greene. If theres any consistency he will.
If Collingwood make it you can almost guarantee Christian will give him 1

No way he gets a game, see bigger dives in the pool at the Olympics!
by Eagles2014
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

I reckon Richmond will be spewing Collingwood didn't win. GWS are more unpredictable and have more genuine matchwinners. I reckon Toby will have a massive game against the Tigers, he is a unique and special football talent, I've always been a fan of his. I still think Richmond will get it done but I reckon it will be better game without the more predictable Geelong or Collingwood in it.

regards,

REB

I absolutely agree.

GWS play back half footy when they need to ( last 1/4 against Brisbane with Haynes and Davis superb ) and front half footy when they have the ball ( 3rd quarter against Collingwood with Cameron and Finlayson excellent ).

Greene and Whitfield to come in, two unlucky blokes to miss out.

One unlucky bloke to miss out - don't think Bobby Hill will be expecting to play after his game on Saturday!'
by Eagles2014
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Brownlow Medal

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Never heard Gil speak so fast

If he read that quick all night if could have all been done and dusted in half an hour!
by Eagles2014
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Thought 9 had it, can't see it listed
Try GEM?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

On GO at 7.30 Thursday
by Eagles2014
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Tony Clifton wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:'Backs on fire!

Hopefully I didn't just jinx things

Anyone know who got elected to the SACA board?

Andrea McCauley got most votes. Then Will Rayner and James Orchard next.

Thanks

So are those three all on there?

Yes, there were three spots, they were well clear of the 4th highest votegetter.
by Eagles2014
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The bias shown on this site by several people calling for Carey to be the keeper for Australia should watch some of his highlights from today! His keeping is not up to it yet, his keeping during the World Cup was terrible, the number of mistakes he made was huge. And is averaging in the 20's in Shield cricket which is hardly good enough for promotion either.

His missed stumping of Harris off Zampa just then was ordinary, as if the players heads were low enough already!
by Eagles2014
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sayers and Valente replace Richardson and Zampa for Gabba on Friday.

Sayers bowled few overs for Glenelg on weekend. think he is well underdone and bit of a risk, can see him breaking down again if that's the case.
by Eagles2014
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Head needs to learn to bat smart

He is too dumb for that!
by Eagles2014
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Carey - just torched the young fella in the last over of the day.
Pretty much sums up SA cricket the past few years.
Get a big broom through the whole place. Heard a rumour that they've even burnt the 19s going over there for the champs. Only flying over the day before the comp starts with no practice and using second hand kits! Really gives them a great preparation.

Disgraceful by Carey

Only just saw replay, WOW, WOW, WOW!! That was horrible!!

Would have loved to have heard his speech to his team after the days play!!
by Eagles2014
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SACK THE LOT OF THEM

WHAT THE **** WAS THAT ZAMPA

Haha

Last man out ALWAYs gets the blame :roll:

Have a look at some of the other spuds whose role in the team is to actually bat

On a side note how good a form is Ferguson in atm ????
Last 5 innings for SA have been
=D> =D> =D>

What would whufc have to say about his favourite player!!!!!

Was disgraceful treatment at start of Shield season he wasnt picked, but he came back to West Torrens and was an absolute legend, so upbeat and positive and helping a very young team. Could not be happier for him that he shoved it up the selectors, pure class Ferg is!!
by Eagles2014
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Interesting finale. Won't say anymore depending on where people are at with their viewing

Certainly was.

Normally pick the winner most seasons, but went the other guy 7-3, how wrong!!!

How good is Sia, that was awesome ($215k!!).
by Eagles2014
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Love the way we are going about building a first innings score.

Genuine patience shown in general, picking bowlers and moments to attack, making the bowlers come back for a 4-5 spell, cash in on the second day when the pitch calms down, no surprise Head and Paine are batting well with the platform their being left. Almost old score test cricket.

When Wade loses his place I would like to see Head move up to five which I think is his long term test spot. Laba, Smith, Head all a sudden looks a strong middle order.
Head was at 5, I think they’ve just being trying to protect him until he regains his mojo.

Head batted 6. He should be 5 and Wade 6 though.
by Eagles2014
Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:If the incompetent umpire had done his job this bloke would’ve been out for nothing

Or if we had any idea how to use the DRS!!
by Eagles2014
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Without getting too carried away the one thing i like about Langers' coaching over the Lehmann reign is Langer seems to have an installed a really clear identity for the team especially when batting first.

It's obvious the plan is to bat patiently, make the bowlers come back for 4,5,6 spells. Even if it means going at 2.5-3 runs an over they know they will finish the day around 230-250 and cash in the next day on tired bowlers. They have the confidence in the bowlers to get the job done...it's not sexy but its effective.

The bowling attack is definitely considered a 'team' within the team and the attack is made up of the best personal to compliment one another not necessarily the 'best' four bowlers. The attack always has the strike bowler, the line and length bowler, the hit the deck hard bowler and the spinner. Pretty sound tactic for any pitch conditions.

If Head becomes a regular we should have a sound 3,4,5 with Laba, Smith, Head. We have depth in pace bowlers.

It's probably the best positon we have been in for many years.

Spot on, excellent post, agree with all of this.

You would think the only two positions not locked in are the 2nd opener (Burns best of ordinary bunch currently) and Number 6 batter (Wade currently , assuming Head will be No. 5, and he is just treading water but we have some good options to try here.

When you have Hazelwood as the 4th bowler who misses out, that is extremely good position to be in.
by Eagles2014
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2019/20

Booney wrote:Pattison to Head *Insert pooing emoji here*

Spot on!!

Any decent pace bowler will bowl that exact line and length to Head the rest of his career, makes him look like a spud!!
by Eagles2014
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2019/20

Hope @dutchy didn't get on the Heat, all time choke here They lost 8/34!

10/36

after being on 0/84

The interview of Boyce after the game (by Erin - partner of Ben Cutting) was sickening. After Boyce took the final two wickets of match on consecutive balls, she asked him how good it was to start next game on a hat trick. He tried to ignore the question and move on, but she went again and said what a milestone it will be in your career if you can get that hat trick. He could not believe it.

Just get the best person doing the boundary interviews, not just token woman that don't understand the game, it was embarrassing!!
by Eagles2014
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

East Torrens win the One day final over Uni by 39 runs.

Just shows how hard it is to win the Triple flags :D
by Eagles2014
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are abandoned games only when there is no play at all?

No, goes by how much time/overs lost in the match. So Northern/ Woodville match been entered correctly and both teams got 10 points each.

The interesting one is Glenelg and Port who played around 24 overs I think. Still lost 72 overs for the day, so I believe they should get 10 points each still also.
by Eagles2014
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dave and Matt pulled off that blindside perfectly. Dave very good actor at Tribal. If he can get away with his alliance not knowing what he did then he is a magician. If they find out he played them and wasted their idol, he is on borrowed time and will be gone shortly.He wanted revenge and he got it. Love the way he plays the game though, I know some people did not like him last time, but it makes the show interesting to watch!!
by Eagles2014
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |