Search found 124 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

MW wrote:Time to change your signature Boon!

Reminds me of this classic 80's hit!!

by Lightning McQueen
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Last night at our end of season Cricket Club presentations I was awarded with Life Membership of my beloved North Haven CC. It's a great honour to be recognised, I absolutely love my club and being the Cricket Nuffie I am I absolutely love the game so this means more to me than anyone will ever know.
What's even more special is I've now become one of nine men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.
by The Dark Knight
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 6

Well done to Trinity for a comprehensive win today.. but seriously when a **** sideshow Bob uncoordinated **** like Trent Eves gets in the best then you genuinely need to reevaluate you’re life.

Ingle farm you’re shit

**** even your U17 girls show more fight
:shock:
Lucky no one can see it now.

Should be mandatory that anyone that sees these sort of entertaining posts that they automatically quote them so they are saved for all to see.
by Trader
Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Welcome to the latest episode of LOCKDOWN LOTTO.

With the Vid's DELTA strain having a rollicking good time in NSW and Victoria it feels as though South Australia is on the edge of another outbreak and, in turn, swift LOCKDOWN so people it's LOCKDOWN LOTTO time.

2nd September, with cases flying / trucking around us when do you see SA going into a another Stevens mandated / Spurrier led LOCKDOWN?

I'll spin the wheel first.....

September 15th for me.

Good luck everyone!

My guess is next Tuesday the 7th

My guess, no further lockdowns in SA ;)
by locky801
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Brodlach wrote:
carey wrote:Happy Birthday Wedge, I hope you have a great day. :supz:

I may have just had some movement reading that

I'm on a blokes golf weekend away this weekend. I'm not logging in.......
by carey
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Second X1 going well against WA but rain over next two days, especially tomorrow, will mean no chance of finishing.

Daniel Drew as captain was 161 not out when declaring, and Corey Kelly made 86 and taken 4/32 so far.

SA 6/428 dec vs WA 6/206.
I saw that Eags. That's a great effort by those two. These are the sorts of players the Redbacks should be putting time into instead of giving preference to recycled interstaters!!
by Minimum Chips
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Havent seen any of the dismissals ... sounds like watching a video of my wedding with the ex.....probably won't cost as much

play on roads here
play on pitches with abit of movement else where

Trent Kelly youre not working for the highway department

Been saying this for years, the Karen Rolton pitch and the grade pitches are absolute roads, as soon as we go to WACA, GABBA, Hobart, etc when the pitches do something our techniques are not up to it.

Instead of trying to reduce grade clubs, they should be making all the pitches here more like everywhere else in the country!!

Stop talking sense mate.
You’ll get banned for that around here
by amber_fluid
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Punters Club 2021 - MELBOURNE CUP DAY

Eagles2014 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:We got both the trifecta and first 4

What ran 4th?

by Mr Beefy
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

What an absolute clusterf*** if we close

Fancy opening the boarders, letting covid in and then realising it’s allot harder then we thought and closing them again
by scottroo
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 21/22

Didn’t deserve to win. Way to many dot balls and the worst fielding display I’ve ever seen. Gifted them 2’s with seriously poor field placements, 2 missed stumpings, 3 missed run outs and as for Renshaws catch pfft my 96 year old grandma catches that!
by carey
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Victoria’s bowling coach complaining to the umpires after play about what we were doing to the ball :shock: All of a sudden we were getting reverse swing out of nowhere, they lose 5/40. They have short memories of what their previous bowling coach David Saker did at Glenelg Oval a few years ago :D Whinging Vics!

It was Mick Lewis (the one who holds the record for worst 1-day Int'l bowling figures) when he rubbed the ball on the asphalt. Pretty ironic that he was the one whingeing!! David Saker was the head coach.....who then went on to be bowling coach at the time of 'sandpapergate'.....
by heater31
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Victoria’s bowling coach complaining to the umpires after play about what we were doing to the ball :shock: All of a sudden we were getting reverse swing out of nowhere, they lose 5/40. They have short memories of what their previous bowling coach David Saker did at Glenelg Oval a few years ago :D Whinging Vics!

It was Mick Lewis (the one who holds the record for worst 1-day Int'l bowling figures) when he rubbed the ball on the asphalt. Pretty ironic that he was the one whingeing!!
by Minimum Chips
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Southerns hold on for the draw 9 down to deny Uni a finals spot, just as they did last year against Sturt. West Torrens again sneak into the 4 thanks to that result and their win against Adelaide.

Who can predict sport? Not me.

Semi-Finals
Sturt vs West Torrens
Tea Tree Gully vs Kensington
by Aerie
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do yourself a favour and checkout the catch from Hilton Cartwright
by scottroo
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - 2022

Playing a debutant as the sub should be banned
by Armchair expert
Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Oscars

She suffers from a medical condition, had a comedian tried to get a laugh from “teasing” a family member of mine because of a medical condition I would do the same.

It’s only hair but still a medical condition. Would you do it if you had a Down syndrome child and someone took the piss?
by Brodlach
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting first wicket in the 2nd Grade Women's final - MANKAD!!

Don't see that very often - did not appear to be any warnings given by the bowler leading up to it.

Personally, don't like it. Unless they have been warned twice, then bad luck.

Karma for Glenelg in the end with both their Women's teams losing yesterday :shock:
One warning is enough as far as I'm concerned, being a GF though the non-striker should be more observant to the rules instead of trying to crib.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Rory Sloane - "I watched a fair bit of Port on the weekend and they were outstanding......" :shock:

Was he watching the same game as everyone else :shock:
What do you expect him to say?

This, this, THIS!

What do fans actually expect players to say in pressers? Was Sloane going to say "My word they were shit, we're actually a chance to win on Friday night, f*cking funny!" Was Jonas going to say "Our season looks f*cked and the coach will probably get sacked"?

There's a fair gap between being diplomatic and just down right lying.
Rory isnt the most polished media performer, he should have worded that differently. If he said "they were outstanding against Brisbane so we know what they can bring", then that would work.
by MW
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Id like to say well done to Ingle Farm, won all of the big moments across the 2 days and played hard, good cricket. A real credit goes to Sandery and Sandercock especially who bowled with guts and effort needed in these games. Was great to have huge crowds both days, also a thank you to Popey and the farmer supporters who kept it tidy and cleaned up each day where they were based.

To our guys, Tyson Roling again outstanding with the ball and gave it his absolute all, Parton with the bat as well put a strong innings forward.

The difference in the whole game and my M.O.M would be Jhai Baxter, his innings changed not just the momentum at the time, but the whole direction of the game.

We look forward to next season all ready,

Cheers
Marto

Is Baxter the one who was with Port Adelaide last year and start of this season? Bit of a 20/20 sort of batter.

Yeah I reckon, told us afterwards doesnt care who bowls he is trying to hit you for 6 !
by no_remorse28
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shane Warne dead!

It was good to be there live, we had great seats, basically front on in the MCC members. Terrific atmosphere, and in the main it was all about respect. It's the reason we went. I kind of get where Boon is coming from with his Sam Newman observations....FWIW it really didn't come over that way (to me at least) what I took away from Sam's very small part was Warney took his money more often than not on the golf course. Aaron Hamil spoke well, Warnes father Keith was great. Then there were the kids..... teared up then.
The unveiling of the Shane Warne Stand ended out the night beautifully.
Perhaps the one thing that will stay with me was the "Warnie, Warnie, Warnie" chants on the platform at Jolimont Station. The crowd "singing" as one. Gold.
by Corona Man
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Warnie wasn’t perfect and I’m sure he wouldn’t want people to think that.
I had no issue with Sam or what he said.
A small bit of humour was needed from someone
His kids and family are well aware of his antics and it has made him and his legacy what it is.

He barracked for the Saints but he certainly wasn’t a Saint!
by amber_fluid
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought Eddie did a great job
Very professional
by Jimmy_041
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Totally agree, we are all entitled to our opinions. That was all I was doing, giving mine :shock:

Would be clearly 90/10 loved Sam last night from everyone I have spoken to today. Wide range of ages and sex.

So why bring isolation or the form of the team I support into it? Has no relevance.

I'm loving that you both have differing opinions on giving differing opinions :lol:
by MW
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2

Wigan are the sponsor. They do solar and cleaning.
by DOC
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC Round 6

FFS Steele! Get moving son.
by Vamos
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spencer got a full contract, as did Buckingham.

Added Thornton and Conway as mentioned, also Ben Manenti (off spinner from Tassie) and Aiden Cahill (allrounder from NSW and AUS U/19's).

Rookie contracts to Isaac Higgins and Harry Matthias.
Yet more interstaters. As mentioned before, this organisation is an absolute joke.
Too lazy and incompetent to develop their own talent so they are now looking for a quick fix by gifting full contracts to interstaters. Johnson deserves one but you now watch him break down after being subjected to the crap fitness regime they have in there. I'm not convinced yet on Lindsay Buckingham, and he won't get a game now anyway as he's behind all the others they've now brought in.
Good luck to young Matthias but clearly he is zero threat to Harry Nielsen's spot so you'd think this is deliberate by Tim Nielsen to protect his son yet again. Barrett has by far been the best keeper batsman in SA but due to him being a threat to Harry he never got a look in. Absolute corrupt organisation with such a s..t culture that they are so much on the nose it's not funny.
How many more games will Liam Scott be gifted? I'm sure Lehmann now has a long term deal as well so Tim can keep looking after his mates!!
No wonder we've been last the past 5 seasons and been crap for a long time and you still have the same people in charge. Unfortunately I fear the new CEO will be hoodwinked by Nielsen as well.
Rant over!!
by Minimum Chips
Tue May 10, 2022 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are so many follow up questions that need to be answered if the vote goes in favour of the Division split. ALL clubs will be trying to recruit to give themselves the best opportunity to finish up the ladder because who's going to want to play at a Div 2 side. It will become infinitely harder for those clubs out of the top 5/6 clubs to ever become competitive with the top group. Where does that leave the metro/regional zones? Does that become a free for all? Does the SACA funding stay the same? Do the Div 1 clubs get more than the Div 2 clubs? To get an opportunity at the next level, do you have to be at a Div 1 club? Would that mean someone with aspirations to play for the Redbacks, let's say Isaac Conway, would he have to leave Port and move to another club? Will they put in place rules around player movement between clubs?

My opinion is, this is their best way of getting what they want while allowing the individual clubs to keep their identities. The top 4/5 clubs will get to play each other every year and there'll be 2/3 teams on the periphery that will get an opportunity each year. I agree that there should be more to just this seasons results to determine the divisions. Club structure, finances, facilities and player development should all be part of the process.

Final thought, I wonder whether this will make clubs look at approaching other clubs to talk about merging???
by cokadonkeytoo
Tue May 10, 2022 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shaun Marsh will play on for WA next season, it will be his 23rd first class season. He is still contacted for one more season and he looks set to remain as the stand in captain when brother Mitch is unavailable.

Peter Siddle signed a one year contract extension for Tasmania which will take him into his 16th first class season.

Tim Paine was not given a new contract by Tasmania.

Billy Stanlake has moved to Tasmania.

Victorian Wicket-keeper Seb Gotch has been forced to retire because of a chronic finger injury.

SA could do with Tim Paine......especially if Carey gets more games for Australia.

Comedy Gold - you realize Tim Neilson still gives the contracts :D :D

You are right.

I had a momentary lapse in concentration and thought SA might consider trying to win a game or two.
by whufc
Fri May 13, 2022 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went for a walk in the rain to get lunch.. poor homeless man was bin shopping, was asking people walking past for some change, hit me up for some money - had none (who carries cash?!).. poor bloke had some serious speech issues.. so we went and had lunch instead and got him a pack of smokes.

I rate that two of the people who he hit up that brushed him off before me ended up coming back past - one gave him $15 and the other bought him a drink. Restores faith their are still good people out there.

End of the day, what's a few dollars matter when you can go home to the warmth of your house and love of your family.. but you can make an impact on someone doing it tough.

#EverybodyLoveEverybody 8)
by The Bedge
Fri May 27, 2022 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPCOMING AUSTRALIA MATCHES

Summer of 22/23

https://i.postimg.cc/Jz77q0BS/A1290-C9-F-3-D70-4511-A567-E10-F3-F5-CA605.png

Hate 2 Test series like we have for the Adelaide Test vs West Indies :shock:

We must be giving South Africa some good coin to come, they have always refused to come for Boxing Day Test as they hold their own :shock:

They always used to come up to 2008-09 and when they got uppity (aka better after beating us as we rebuilt) and said were not coming for the Christmas/New Year Tests in your country unless you reciprocate and come for ours.

CA were never going to agree to it hence why last time they were here they played the three tests Nov early Dec.

Fast forward six years they get crowds of two fifths of **** all, they've got no major sponsor and turmoil in the camp all on the backdrop of COVID. So first wiff of some "Essie dolle" they are here quicker than door locking in an Oscar Pretorius toilet....

**** Durban and Pretoria lets play in Melbourne and Sydney....
by am Bays
Tue May 31, 2022 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Miss 19 Y.O daughter messages me in a tither, she has applied for a new job and has had two interviews and got an email today requesting a number of a recent employment referee.

She has become a manager where she works and hasn't told them that she was looking elsewhere, she wasn't really but a job came up and she was asked to apply.

I said to here to just speak to a manager that you get along well with from a different department and point out the sensitivity of the the call to your prospective new HR officer, does this sound like the right advice?
Her manager found out last Thursday and demoted her from 2IC and from managing over the weekends like she has done for the past 18 months.
She got the job.

I'm going to get to have lunch with my little girl every day, pretty excited is an understatement.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13 - The longest yard

2 weeks for JHF

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 weeks for JHF

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Same ban as Bailey Smith? seems fair...

Tend to agree, if Bailey Smith only gets two weeks, that is an absolute joke.

Didn’t Lachie Whitfield get massive penalty for similar?

Was thinking would be rest of season at least. Seem to be playing the Mental Health card which I hate.
Whitfield got done for dodging a drug test didn't he?
And from memory it was a lot of weeks.
I think it should be 4 minimum for Bailey Smith.
by tigerpie
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:Kath Loughnan on Foxtel Hall of Fame coverage tonight - has had an absolute stinker spray tan, looks bloody awful. She normally looks good, just don’t get it :shock:

Trumps salon?
She does look orangish.
I still would though!
by tigerpie
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Pacemaker went in yesterday afternoon, spoke with him and he was in good spirits. Two stents go in today, should be home in the morning.

Thanks for the wishes and thoughts people.
by Booney
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v South

I have watched the replay of that deliberate free kick. When first giving the free kick the umpire signals for deliberate. Then when Centrals are arguing on the mark, he changes it to a throw signal. The thing is the umpire is behind him, so I’m not sure how he could tell it was a throw. I couldn’t tell if it was or not watching it and the camera angle is pretty much what the umpire sees as well. So either the umpire realised he made a mistake and changed his decision or he guessed.

What time of game was it?
About 1:51:15 in on SANFLnow.
by cennals05
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

When is ricciuto standing down………

Before the AFL finals start

He is one of the most stubborn people going around, no way he will quit.

Test for Silvers now, he needs to grow some balls and sack him and will get some respect back from the footy community :shock:

Olsen can sack him, Silvers is employed by the board.
by MW
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 21/22

Jon Wells signs two year deal at Renegades. Still staggered the Strikers let him go, was our most consistent batsmen last season. Will come back to bite us on the arse no doubt :shock:

probably last 2.5 seasons and is a gun fielder as well, then again nothing is staggering at the Strikers :oops: :oops:
by locky801
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This week...…

First aussie rules grand final this Saturday.
Invite to the medal count tonight
Training Tuesday & Thursday
Game day Saturday
After party at the pub in our town.

Going to soak up every minute of the week win, lose or draw especially given at the ripe old age of 38 (lol) it could be the last sporting grand final I participate in.
by whufc
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Bump.

Well yesterday was the day our daughter came into the world, both mother and daughter are very tired but are doing well.
Incredibly proud day!
by The Dark Knight
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sleep Pills

JK wrote:Anyone recommend something that worked for them? Preferably something that doesn’t make you feel lethargic the next day.
TIA

Have you tried watching a game of AFLW??
by Bum Crack
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

makes sense if it goes back a week with saturday/sunday for the a grade
by Bluedemon
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People that need to get a life, the amount of whinging and complaining over the Geelong mad Monday get up is ridiculous, personally one of the funniest things i have seen
by locky801
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong

A sad day for the Cats today but what a career this bloke has had. There's no way a Cat could put in short steps and then be able to look this bloke in the eye. At the end of last season I thought he was cooked and it certainly looked a case of one year too many when he got repeatedly swamped against Collingwood. When he was dumped on his arse by the ducking heir apparent :D the Catters showed exactly what they thought about that! Whoever gets the next captaincy job has massive boots to fill. He literally could not do anymore than he has done for his club and his community as well. Joel Selwood, we salute you!

A champion bows out with class.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

I dont know if this will make any sense and i love Trav but at times he reminds me of a gun para districts cricketer that has a seriously good eye its taken him to international level. :lol: :lol: ;)
by whufc
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carey batting real well, hopefully McSweeney and co can support him.

Both out 5/131 :roll:

And Lehmann dropped on 1 - he looked horrible in the first game, not much better here.

Carey looked great, given out caught behind and did not hit it - costly mistake by umpire :shock:

Hometown decision, oh wait....
by am Bays
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Was Brad Scott that bad a coach. He did take North to 2 prelims & his coaching record wasn't too bad I thought
by cracka
Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Ordinary way to handle it if that is the case, a 5 minute zoom meeting is all that would be needed, but at least speak to the kid.
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:Head a duck - terrible shot again. Take the captaincy away from him, might free him up :shock:

free him up......you can't player any more free than does at the moment.
by whufc
Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |