Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Not being familiar with the HFL has this rating the club across all teams policy been in for a long time, Did all clubs vote for it and has it been implemented to ensure that clubs don't buy premierships? I can understand Echunga's not wanting to go down but what do they suggest happens to the teams in the country division striving for success and promotion. I think in this situation whist it may be unfortunate, if the delegates voted in this policy regardless of where your A'Grade have finished if your club has not performed as a whole then the rule should apply. Echunga get your house in order and come back a better and stronger club. But don't try and get the rules changed just to suit your situation.
by twobob
Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

If anyone at Brahma Lodge should get paid it should be the ones that stuck by them this year. Not some fly by nighter who has no alliance to the club.
by twobob
Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

morell wrote:Correct weight Zartan

Morell i have to ask you a question. After reading your posts on this forum can you tell me who you talk to when your down at your club. And of those that you do talk with, do they understand what your saying?
by twobob
Mon May 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

marion, edwardstown, brighton and morphies should just bite the bullet & play metro amateur footy where they belong & the saafl should make drastic changes to accomodate them, everybody wins and life goes on

Simply because geographically a SAAFL club south of the city is a nightmare, there is a team playing out of Gawler FFS! Give me a once a year trip to Aldinga any day.

marion to aldinga - nice

word is angle vale moving to adelaide plains league

Marion to Aldinga a 25 min drive up the expressway ...... not like Flinders Uni to Houghton 50 min + 30 sets off traffic lights ......
Sounds like its time to bring back the old Glenelg/South Adelaide league. There is already a thriving junior competition with most clubs that would geographically be in that zone. It seems to me that re-inventing that competition would solve a lot of problems.
by twobob
Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

call me a sceptic but i can't help wonder if this conversation is brought about because some recruiters who are looking to find out who is getting paid what in an attempt to recruit them for their own club
by twobob
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Across A's B's C's and 18's there is a total of 7 clubs in the top 4 with three of those clubs only in only one of the respective top 4's

That makes the remaining clubs being Brighton, Flagstaff Hill, Happy Valley and Reynella
Can anyone see the any of the above flags not going to these four clubs? Is that a problem this early in the year?[/quote

Is it round 6 this week ?
You can't do much about poorly run clubs. Put the right people in at the top and the rest will look after itself
by twobob
Tue May 10, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Seriously both teams have to play on it and yes it is a winter sport. Whats next visiting teams refusing to play at opposing grounds due to cold showers. I think todays footballers are a little too precious. If the score line is two goals to 1 then so be it we still have a winner. Just watch the english soccer they play in snow for gods sake.
by twobob
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

FFS, at this level if you have half a brain and half know how to read the game you can be an absolute porker and succeed. People have been doing it for decades. Correct, but its not just at this level, it's universal.

Plenty of super fit footballers at AFL fail because they can't kick or couldn't read the play if Dr Suess translated it for them.

If they couldn't kick or read the play I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make it to AFL level. Thats what the combine is for
by twobob
Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

morell wrote:Where did I mention PHFC?

You didn't but wouldnt you like to avoid them
by twobob
Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Is causing some serious issues I believe....SANFL club using stand over tactics with the players ain't good for anyone

It's downright crap, surely they can't trump in when it suits them after the established clubs have been doing the ground work for years.

Morphies are an exceptional SAWFL club.

I haven't posted here in years but as these comments were enough to get me to log in.

The suggestion that SANFL club are using stand over tactics toward Morphettville park players unequivocally false. It sound like you have been fed the SAAFL/SAWFL version of the story.

When you say 'established clubs' have been doing the ground work for years i feel it is necessary to point out the the men's club and women's club are completely separate entities. They have no constitutional connection. If Morphies are an exceptionally run SAWFL club its because they do it themselves.

I think if you dig a bit deeper you'll find there is a lot more to this issue

Happy Friday. Catch ya round

Hey Burra boys were you there in 2006 when the Roos gave the girls a place to play ......if you were you have forgotten your history.... i was because i was one off the football members who helped the girls out .... also the coach Brian Higgins who coached them for 4/5/ years ...... there Best & Fairest is named after a ROOS club legend Billy Chester ...... these ladies have created a great club with the help off many loyal Morphettville Park people ..... All clubs within the Roos have there own committees ...football/netball/ cricket ...... and all work together ....
Should'nt there be another page for this topic?
by twobob
Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |