Search found 158 matches

Return

Re: Eagles seeking compensation

That's because there is no correlation - Norwood's revenue was unaffected by the situation. They still played in the GF, just as they would have if the Eagles had won the PF. Not sure what point JK is trying to make.
Cheers

Lol the point I’m trying to make, is that had the Eagles been ruled the winner, they’d either lose to Norwood in the GF and likely lose money over it, or win the flag and perhaps win money. Exact same scenario for Norwood if they beat or lost to the Eagles. Neither happened, but if the Eagles are seeking damages for lost revenue had they won the GF, theoretically Norwood could too because they might not have necessarily lost to that opponent.
Its good you thought about your response because I shudder to think what it would have been if it was spontaneous. Seriously makes no sense :D
by goddy11
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thebarton Oval

I admit to not knowing agreements between the merged clubs but I think from a SANFL Competition is concerned , The Eagles should play at Thebarton. Woodville Oval is as bad as Richmond and Elizabeth in regards to atmosphere . On top of that its also more central. We need to start thinking about how our game looks when on TV. I have thought this for years. Watching a SANFL game on TV at an empty ground says no one interested.

Brett, I think your trolling a bit or are confusing crowd sizes to ground aesthetics. The Eagles like South and West have poor supporter bases and if you have ever been to their games the majority of supporters will always be on the camera side of ground views, IMHO I think the Woodville oval is the best looking of all SANFL grounds from the aesthetics view. Elizabeth oval is always well presented and Richmond has improved in leaps and bounds since I first stated going there. I am always amazed at the Panthers ground. New improvements every year.
by goddy11
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Digital Pass

Had the same problem. Log into the SANFL and use their link. Save the link.
by goddy11
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Where has young Jacob Pedler lobbed in this league? Was cleared to a YP club last night. He's a quality young player.

Is he originally from the southern eagles?
Would assume there if so.

Is he at WWT?
by goddy11
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

Booney wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Essendon forward Orazio Fantasia has indicated a desire to return home to South Australia, with Port Adelaide believed to be his preference in that scenario.

Where'd you hear that?

AFL website.

Oop see you already posted.
by goddy11
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Billy Stretch delisted. Maybe back to the Bay or could he go to the eagles as F/Son that got away. I remember this father. VG player for the eagles..
by goddy11
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Already had my membership prior to the Covid 19 lockdown. But I will also be doing a bit extra on a fortnightly basis with extra donations to my club. #TogetherWeFly

You have inspired me. I'm a pensioner but just made a donation to my club on top of membership I paid for in January. I hope others follow.
by goddy11
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

CENTRAL District has used its connections well to sign a young key forward from VFL club Box Hill.
Tom Graham is son of former Hawthorn and Richmond player Mark Graham.
Central and Hawthorn champion John Platten set the wheels in motion, through his extensive friendship and knowledge of the Hawks’ players, when the VFL competition was canned this season because of coronavirus restrictions, leaving many players without a football home for the season.
Tom, 20, about 197cm, who is isolating in SA for another week after arriving from Victoria, had played high-level junior basketball until three years ago. But switching to football, he played with Oakleigh Chargers in 2018 and 2019, before signing with Box Hill this season.
Bulldogs’ coach Jeff Andrews said he was thrilled to have Graham on board.
“It came about with Platts’s connection with Hawthorn and knowing Mark (Graham) well,’’ Andrews said.
“He (Tom) will come on to the track next week but we won’t rush him. We are keen to get some ‘ks’ into his legs.
“He hopes to get back into the system and maybe look at being drafted one day.’’
Graham Sr played 223 games for the Hawks between 1993 and 2004 and 20 for Richmond in 2005 and was often seen running out on to the field with young Tom alongside.
Central also was pleased with the league debut last Saturday of another young recruit, Jack Toner, who picked up 18 possessions against North Adelaide.
Toner, 20, had played with Dandenong Stingrays in the VFL for the past two years.
by goddy11
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

STRONG-MARKING utility Jack Hayes has become the most influential player in the SANFL and led Woodville-West Torrens’ stunning charge to flag favouritism.
That is the overwhelming opinion of the eight SANFL coaches, who claim the 193cm Hayes has become the ultimate swingman and hardest match-up in the competition.
SEE OUR SANFL TOP 25 PLAYERS BELOW
Three of new Eagles’ coach Jade Sheedy's seven rivals have named Hayes, 24, as the player they would most like to poach from an opposition club.
“Hayes is the most influential key forward in the league,’’ South Adelaide coach Jarrad Wright said.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/jack-hayes-is-soaring-as-eagles-aim-to-end-nineyear-sanfl-premiership-drought-in-2020/news-story/eef3b8e870e8228f42689cb71c320e32?utm_source=TheAdvertiser&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Editorial&utm_content=ADV_AM-PM_MIX_01&net_sub_id=285893080&type=curated&position=6&overallPos=6
Paywall
Jack Hayes is soaring as Eagles aim to end nine-year SANFL premiership drought in 2020
Woodville-West Torrens are flying in the 2020 premiership race and Jack Hayes is one of the main reasons the Eagles are back in flag contention. SEE THE SANFL TOP 25 PLAYERS HERE
SANFL TOP 25 PLAYERS
1. JACK HAYES
(Eagles)
Key forward/ruck
Champion Data ranking points ave: 135
Key stats: 19 disp, 7 mks (ave), 75 ho, 9 gls
Eagles’ Mr Fixit has been given licence to thrill and dominated all around the ground.
2. SAM BAULDERSTONE
(Norwood)
Ruck
Points ave: 138
Key stats: 18 disp, 7 clear (ave), 278 ho
Norwood’s heartbeat has largely kept his side in the finals hunt after a tough 0-3 start.
3. JOEY HAINES
(South Adelaide)
Defender
Points ave: 107
Key stats: 23 disp, 8 mks (ave)
Last year's Knuckey Cup runner-up has taken his marking and rebounding game to an even higher level.

4. MATTHEW BROADBENT
(South Adelaide)
Midfielder
Points ave: 120
Key stats: 23 disp, 6 mks (ave)
Former Power defender has been a revelation in the midfield in his first season with the Panthers.
5. ANDREW MOORE
(North Adelaide)
Midfielder
Points ave: 123
Key stats: 25 disp, 7 clear (ave)
Former Power and Richmond midfielder has returned to the SANFL to be a key driver in North’s return to prominence.

6. RICHARD DOUGLAS
(Norwood)
Midfielder
Points ave: 113
Key stats: 25 disp, 5 clear (ave), 10 gls
Former Crows star has starred back in the SANFL at age 33, providing on and off-field leadership.
7. MATTHEW SNOOK
(Glenelg)
Midfielder
Points ave: 131
Key stats: 28 disp, 10 clear (ave)
Last year’s Jack Oatey Medallist contemplated taking the season off but is in arguably career-best form.

8. TOM HIGHMORE
(South Adelaide)
Defender
Points ave: 104
Key stats: 20 disp, 8 mks (ave)
Canberra recruit has been a revelation. Numbers would have been higher but for suffering a bad ankle injury early against Norwood on Sunday.
9. JOEL CROSS
(South Adelaide)
Midfielder
Points ave: 112
Key stats: 24 disp, 7 clear (ave)
Dual Magarey Medallist keeps on keeping on at age 33, continually getting first hands on the ball in the middle.

10. JAMES ROWE
(Eagles)
Small forward
Points ave: 101
Key stats: 14 disp (ave), 22 gls
Put simply, he is the best small forward in the competition, ranking second in total goals.
11. LIAM McBEAN
(Glenelg)
Key forward
Points ave: 104
Key stats: 12 disp, 5 mks (ave), 25 gls
Last year’s Ken Farmer Medallist is arguably in better form this season and again leads the goalkicking.
12. JAMES BATTERSBY
(Sturt)
Midfielder
Points ave: 127
Key stats: 26 disp, 10 clear (ave)
Clearance king has continued to rack up possessions – and clearances – in a struggling side.

13. MATT PANOS
(Norwood)
Midfielder
Points ave: 110
Key stats: 21 disp, 6 mks (ave), 10 gls
New Redlegs captain has successfully mixed midfield with forward line duties, kicking 10 goals.
14. CAMPBELL COMBE
(North Adelaide)
Midfielder
Points ave: 125
Key stats: 23 disp, 11 tack (ave)
Tough, under-the-radar, no-fuss ball magnet is a tackling king who gets the job done each week.
15. LUKE PARTINGTON
(Glenelg)
Midfielder
Points ave: 109
Key stats: 24 disp, 4 clear (ave), 7 gls
Magarey Medallist hasn't been at his brilliant best but has had a couple of huge games.

16. HARRISON WIGG
(North Adelaide)
Defender
Points ave: 93
Key stats: 23 disp, 6 mks
Luckless former Crow and Sun has fitted back into the SANFL superbly, becoming a key backline playmaker.
17. CAMERON CRAIG
(North Adelaide)
Defender
Points ave: 99
Key stats: 19 disp, 7 mks (ave)
Been the key tall figure and marking option in a Roosters defence conceding just 61 points a game.
18. JARRAD REDDEN
(Eagles)
Ruck
Points ave: 95
Key stats: 13 disp, 4 clear (ave), 210 ho
Veteran big man has turned back the clock, being the second-ranked ruckman behind Baulderstone.
19. JORDAN FOOTE
(Eagles)
Midfielder
Points ave: 99
Key stats: 24 disp, 7 clear (ave)
Reigning club champion has missed two games through injury but is the Eagles’ most dynamic midfielder, with coach Jade Sheedy describing his bursts as “Chris Judd-like’’.

20. JAMES BOYD
(Central District)
Midfielder
Points ave: 131
Key stats: 32 disp, 6 mks (ave)
Moved back to his former club from the Eagles this season and while his defensive skills have been questioned he leads the league in disposals.
21. JIMMY TOUMPAS
(Eagles)
Midfielder
Points ave: 92
Key stats: 25 disp, 4 mks (ave)
Former Melbourne and Power midfielder has won plenty of the ball and distributed it well.
22. MITCH GRIGG
(Norwood)
Midfielder
Points ave: 102
Key stats: 23 disp, 6 mks (ave), 7 gls
Dual Magarey Medallist hasn’t been at his dominant best but has still been a key contributor.

23. TROY MENZEL
(Central District)
Forward/midfielder
Points ave: 95
Key stats: 22 disp, 8 mks (ave), 6 gls
Has relished more midfield time this season, boosting his disposals and marks averages.
24. ANDREW BRADLEY
(Glenelg)
Midfielder
Points ave: 97
Key stats: 23 disp, 6 mks (ave)
Former skipper has been one of Glenelg’s most consistent players in its premiership defence.
25. BRAD McKENZIE
(Norwood)
Defender
Points ave: 98
Key stats: 20 disp, 7 mks (ave)
Playmaking, strong-marking defender has been a key to the Redlegs’ drive from the back half.
by goddy11
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 South Adelaide v WWT Saturday 1405

SA seem to have had most of the possession so happy with the win. Paul Hunter BOG with 24 disposals and surely 3 Magarey votes. Our Hayes boys held very quiet . James Tsitas showing a bit of quality and grunt for the Eagles.
by goddy11
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Both Crows & Power broke their contract with the SANFL this year. The comp has not been any worse without them (apart from clubs missing out on the money from the Crows). Perfect time to get rid of them.

While it would be good, could one of the unintended consequences be that we no longer have SANFL on Free-to-Air telly?
Doesn't the SANFL pay for it anyway. No loss but if the stations want it they will keep up with it. Its a good lead in to AFL matches on C7.
If they say it doesn't rate we still have digital pass.
by goddy11
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final Eagles v South

Will it get 8k ?

Who the hell cares ??

We are just bloody lucky to just have SANFL footy played this year.

Could not care if I was the only person at the ground.

Move on mate........ :evil:
I'm with you. I go for my enjoyment not to worry about crowd sizes.
Its only a Brett weekly comment he raises about crowds. Obsessed with crowds but probably doesn't attend himself.
by goddy11
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

Wedgie wrote:Glad I have an all your can drink package. Pissed it's only Superdry though! Could my day get any worse! :lol:

Anyway we are Geelong the greatest team of all...... :lol:

Someone elsewhere mentioned the Eags were 8 goals in front before you guys brought on the 19th man. Warm him up.
by goddy11
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

eddie eagle

I understand your euphoria at our win but you could have been a little humble with our win. Classless post. Most of the posters on here, banter aside have been complimentary of the Eagles all year. The North supporters have heaped praise on the WWTFC in the way we played the GF as have poster from rival clubs .
by goddy11
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not to mention the certain gathering at Woodville Oval on Fathers Day... quite happy to drop the F bomb and the C bomb as loud as possible with families in close proximity ... even offended members of that group who left in disgust - easily identifiable and a blight on their club.
I think I know to whom you're referring at Woodville Oval that day, I heard this guy's carry-on near the old scoreboard and it was most certainly poor form. That said, I'm not sure singling out individual incidents of bad fan behavior is at all relevant, or elevates the Eagles to superior moral ground, since we all know and acknowledge that every club has their share of dickhead supporters. Fan behavior certainly has no bearing on what happened on the field, and which is where it matters.

I think RB's earlier post summed it up perfectly - enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you won when it counted the most.
I wasn't at Woodville that day but I'm pretty sure I know who it was and he has been told by other North supporters to pull his head inand has since behaved. I personally had a word with him at Elizabeth a bit earlier in the season which went through one ear and out the other.
Every club has them, Eagles certainly not exempt. I like to sit in our cricket club and avoid that shit. Just enjoy my beer.
by goddy11
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:I see Lachie Jones came from Bute.
Damn, if he lived 10kms north he would have been a Rooster!

Same with the Hayes boys although a few Km south and Campbell Combe may have been an Eagle. That would have been a good get.
by goddy11
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL grand final timing

I much preferred it when our GF was the week after the AFL. Am I the only one?

With you. With 8 sides we could make it a 21 game season and play it after AFL GF. A stand alone GF could be broadcast around Australia like it used to be. You never know fox could take it on.
I think it was changed at our masters behest to allow our draft prospects be tested earlier. The SANFL need to grow a pair.
by goddy11
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

But, they've survived and prospered

That's the whole problem, West Torrens didn't survive the introduction of Woodville and the advent of the AFL. I went to Thebarton Oval the other week and was reminded of the terrific matches played there in the past. I personally think the new Eagles lost a huge chunk of the old West Torrens supporter base. Maybe they may have kept a few more if Thebarton had been used as their base but what would that have left Woodville with?
The loss of West Torrens was one of worst outcomes for football in this state.
Ronnie I have been a member since the merger. Personally I was for it. Previous to that I was an WT club member for about 15 years. I had seen mismanagement at its best. Does anyone remember Gordon Pickard coming in to offer help when we almost closed. It was embarrassing how some treated him. Year after year of no finals even though we had great playing lists. Since the merger there has been hardly a year when we have failed. I recall we still had reasonable crowds in the 90's. A game against North that attracted about 8k crowd at Woodville. My belief is the AFC has mainly been our downfall. We lost supporters and administrators. We were on a knife edge with supporters choosing the Crows. The local area was mainly older residents and this was a big factor as well. I actually live in the TT Gully area so I only attend matches. In my WT days we had a crew of about 10 that attended but since then we are down to about 3. Age and moving out of the club area has caught up to all. Centrals for example had a large ever growing area with many companies there. Unfortunately the closure of Holden's and supporting companies will hit them hard. West Adelaide has a similar problem to us. Were both landlocked residents wise. Someone earlier mentioned us having PA area to get supporters. Good luck to that.
by goddy11
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh the memories
by goddy11
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With you Spargo. Good banter is no problem. I find most of the NA supporters on this thread the best contributors. I would have Allmond back in a heartbeat. He left for more money and I dont blame him. We were compensated. He achieved a premiership. I always thought Jarrod was AFL material. Win/Win.
by goddy11
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He’ll be at The Bay in 2021.

Only drinking piss is what I’m hearing.
He’ll get more coin in the ammo’s(not that coin is an issue for him) but a lot less hours of commitment being the main thing.
Wow you cant be serious about the commitment part ? When did this happen ? Whats this more coin bit in the Ammos comment ? Crazy

The Panthers are seriously in to Gibbs and Tiger officials are filthy. He could be playing the two clubs off against each other to get more coin. Never trust a panther as the Eagles found out. But then, Broadbent didn't get the premiership he could have had at the Eagles, but might have got more coin.
With the proposed marquis player to get announced, Gibbs would be perfect for SA and the SANFL. Club too long without premiership.
by goddy11
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

In whole I dont have any issues with DP. It is so much better than we have ever had. I think every year it has slightly improve. I can go to a match and watch replay at my leisure. Congratulations to all that give up their time to make it is also a fundraiser for each club. The commentary has never been an issue to me.
All I can say if you dont like it dont use it and stop trolling.
by goddy11
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Dutchy wrote:Welcome Heath Younie, another vote of confidence in North, chose us over the wooden spooners ;) :D

You dont want our fitness bloke as well. :D :lol:
by goddy11
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Draftees

Money use to go the club $50k from memory part of that to his local club
Now money goes into pool and evenly distributed to all 8 clubs.

No incentive, just leads to slackness and laziness.
The AFL is smart. They know SANFL clubs just want to improve and development is the cheapest and most efficient way of doing it. Clubs are forced to develop. We need the blame the SANFL and John Olsen for letting the AFL get away with it.
I can slightly understand juniors but overage player should get the club a transfer fee.
by goddy11
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have the Eagles got a 2021 season Motto. Pinching it from the Bullies of old a bit, "2021..Beak to Beak". :D
by goddy11
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:And to bend over when the AFL says to.

Doggie style.
by goddy11
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

How many more will we lose before the season starts.? Does anyone want to play for us?
I hate reading this thread. every time I do we've lost another player.
Have the Eagles finished recruiting in their zone at the centre of Elizabeth Oval?
Why would any player want to come to a club with some f the miserable whinging supporters that appear on this site? Not all.
From the reading of this thread, Elizabeth Oval would be a poor recruiting ground.
I dont believe it is. Wait for everything to start and I think your club will surprise you. You had a great reserves team that, with the new coaching group may get more out of the players. Also dont forget you beat the premiers in the last game in a good match. Something to work with.
by goddy11
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg 2021

Wedgie wrote:I'm clearly missing something. :?
Apologies if any offence caused from a couple of genuine posts. No harm intended.

Not you. I actually had my laugh at Spargo. Misread your comment. He sounded a little precious. :roll:
by goddy11
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wont be happening with us we need as many players as we can get

It is happening with you. Jobkeeper has ensured that most players on the books last year are there still.

I also think Centrals have two announcements up their sleeve. A regular poster on here may be able to confirm shortly.

Except for the ones stolen by the Eagles.
Get over it Groucho.
I wonder what he is like to stand next to during a match? :D
by goddy11
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

gazzamagoo wrote:Breaking their contracts with the SANFL,
boot them out.

Rubbery contract for sure. There would always be a get out and get clause massively favoring the AFL teams. Our leaders are just puppets. :evil:
by goddy11
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

I'm not sure if anyone is interested bur MGS auction are auctioning off a bit of Centrals memorabilia. Items 42 and 80. Its a Peter Kittle Holden Dealer auction .

https://www.mgs.net.au/auction/catalogu ... 635&d=2953
by goddy11
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

The SANFL will be walking on eggshells all season. Once the Vic clubs have restrictions , they will impose those onto the Adelaide clubs. We need guarantees from the AFL before allowing the 2 clubs to play.
by goddy11
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 AFL season - Round 1, tips & banter

Jake Kelly has a broken nose.
Would think Danger would get at least 2 for the bump despite no malice as it was reckless.
Good record might reduce it.
It should ne at least 2 weeks as that is how long Kelly will be out. It would probably be a sanction to the Adealide Crows maybe draft pick loss, a suspension to Kelly under the AFL. Hocking rule that star players especially Geelong are not to be banned. :D
by goddy11
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port writes to AFL over SANFL grievances....

I though this was a joke when I first read it in the The Advertiser.......

[ b]Port Adelaide writes to the AFL over SANFL grievances[/b]
An angry Port Adelaide has written to the AFL complaining of unfair treatment after the SANFL banned medical substitutes from playing in its competition.
Port says the State League’s decision “compromises” its ability to develop talent in the same way as interstate rivals.
Both Port and the Crows wanted the SANFL to align with other state leagues, including the VFL, to allow the 23rd men to play at state level in the same round.
The Adelaide clubs believe a lack of game time will hold back their younger players.
Port general manager of football Chris Davies – who used to be the chief executive of the SANFL – said it was yet another example of the state league “picking and choosing” parts of the AFL rules to suit them.
“When the AFL announced the medical substitute rule it specifically stated that the substitute player would be permitted to participate at State League level regardless of whether they were activated during the AFL match,” Davies said.
“The SANFL have disregarded this position, putting them at odds with the AFL.
“This rule has been adopted by the VFL and the WAFL and the SANFL’s decision means there are now 16 clubs operating on one model and two on another.
“Unfortunately this issue is a microcosm of what we are facing with the SANFL on an increasingly regular basis.
“The AFL introduces rules and regulations to the state leagues under their auspices, designed to assist in the development of the game and the talent within it, with the SANFL picking and choosing the parts of the rules and regulations that they accept based on the position of the SANFL at the time.”
Davies said other “differing rules and limitations” Port faced because of the SANFL included;
■ ACCESS to state league contracted players,
■ THE ability to play Next Generation Academy and father-son players in the Magpies side before they are drafted and the number of games that qualify prospects, and
■ DIFFERING RULES: such as the stand on the mark rule, third man up at ruck contests, last touch out of bounds and the medical substitute.
“We’re now at a point where we have written to the AFL to highlight that these issues, when grouped, see us competing under materially different conditions to those of our AFL competitors,” he said.
“There can be no denying that the current environment compromises our ability to develop the talent available to our playing list when compared to our competitors in the AFL competition.”
On Tuesday SANFL chief executive Darren Chandler said the ruling was made “in line with the current SANFL rules”.
“We appreciate their position and obviously they are looking after the best interests of their players and playing group, but we have to balance that with what we believe is right for the SANFL, the integrity of the competition, which is really important,” he said.

Why dont they pay their way for being in the SANFL and not just whinge and want everything their way..8 legit SANFL sides want to play for the right reasons.. If PA are not happy they can leave.
by goddy11
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 WWT v Sturt 2.35 PM

There was a lot to like about Sturt. At half time I was worried. They absorbed a fair bit of pressure in the second 1/4 then came back to hit the lead. The defense was great. I think their gut running plan may have come undone in the hot weather. They will win a few games more than expected this year.
by goddy11
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

[
Unlike you Captain whingey to not recognise champagne comedy when you see it.

You're not funny!

I'm sick of this constant bashing of me and the term whingeing.

Congratulations Doc you are now on my Official Hate List along with Goddy11 and Broadlach. I'm disappointed in you locky801 and StrayDog and also BulldogProu and Saintal for liking these peoples abuse of me.
Just curious. Have you a like list and what have they done wrong and what do they need to do to get off it. :D
by goddy11
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Glenelg v WWT Saturday 1610

I think the Eagles are looking at a short term ruck issue with West going down Saturday and Redden still recovering from surgery. Jack Hayes may need to do a NicNat roles . Cooler weather will help.
by goddy11
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:How are they allowed to sign contracted and current players from other clubs?

I suppose a loophole with non required players. A couple of Eagles players from last season are at PA. Weideman play a senior game if I recall correctly. No one can complain if they are not required.
by goddy11
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

REIGNING club champion James Boyd has quit Central District.

The 32-year-old midfield ball-magnet, who last year became the first player in SANFL history to win best and fairests at three clubs, has walked out on the Dogs just days after being left out of their Round 1 side against North Adelaide.

Boyd said he had been told by new coach Paul Thomas that he was no longer in the club’s best 22 and had been pigeon-holed as a small forward, rather than a midfielder, where he last season made The Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year for the fourth time.

“Being told I was no longer in the best 22 and that there wouldn't be a midfield role for me this year sort of told me everything I needed to know and didn’t leave me with much of an option but to leave,’’ said Boyd, a premiership player with Central in 2010.

“I’ve spent 16 years in the SANFL as a midfielder and didn’t want to try to reinvent myself as a permanent forward pocket, through the reserves like a young draft hopeful, at this stage of my career.

“I also didn’t want to force a kid, who is trying to find his way, out of the reserves team and back to a local club. I didn’t come back to Central (last season) to do that.’’

The diminutive Boyd, who has played 219 games and kicked 84 goals for South Adelaide, Central (in two stints) and Woodville-West Torrens since debuting for the Panthers in 2007, was named in the Bulldogs’ extended squad for their premiership seasonopener against the Roosters on Good Friday.

But he was told by Thomas on Thursday night that he would be playing reserves.

Central, which finished second-bottom last season, pulled off the shock of round one, upsetting grand finalist North at home.

Boyd, who had the most disposals in the SANFL last year with 430, at an average of 31, believes he has another “year or two’’ of good SANFL football left in him and will “let the dust settle’’ before deciding whether to join another club.

He described his departure from the Bulldogs as “a tough pill to swallow’’.

“It’s been a tough few days and what’s happened hasn’t sat all that well with me, because it’s all come as a bit of a shock,’’ Boyd said.

“I felt I had a reasonable year last year and was looking to build on that while helping some of our young midfielders develop, but what’s happened is out of my control.

“I guess I can’t complain too much because I’ve been lucky enough to have clubs want me over the years.

“I’ve been fortunate to have achieved some things and be part of a premiership side (in 2010), and not everyone gets to do that.

“That’s my proudest moment, and to be able to share that with my family — who have been on a fair rollercoaster with me — was pretty special.’’

Glad to hear Thommo is going to do things his way...…As a premiership teammate of Boyd it would have been easy for Thommo to give him 'special' treatment. That obviously wasn't the case.

That article fills me with some hope for the future.

Round 1 and trial game form suggests Thomas is on the right track. As good as Boyd is , he does not fit into future plans. The same applied to him at the Eagles. Sheedy at the Eagles is on a similar track with Chris Hall. Chris would make most teams but will only be holding a young player back at the Eagles. I wish both players the best
by goddy11
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

WHUFC who are the players apart from Boyd you are referring to .As for the game i hope we play like we did against North with plenty of run ,quick ball movement and take the game on.We showed last week that if we kick to 1 on 1 we invariably will lose the contest.Hopefully we can come away with a win .

From what I have seen on social media the following critism have been thrown regularly, not that I agree with the critism.

-Boyd departure
-Coff at Salisbury North/ considering whether his playing
-Obviously the loss of the Menzels
-Ongoing uncertainty about Connor McLean
is that it? Storm in a teacup, we knew before the season started that the Menzels weren't staying, McLean (without being rude) hasn't been a regular league player, Coff hasn't played for us yet, Boyd is the only surprise though. On the upside, some of the players that have been playing in the 2's are now flourishing under the guidance of the new coach, I still say we'll finish this season off much better than last season.
Great post. Your club will be better for it. You have players that want to be there. They will make your club strong again.
by goddy11
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Eagles v North Sunday 2.10PM

I wonder if Spelly could do a little research on this one. In the rematch of the year before's grand finalists for the past 10-15 years (mostly on ANZAC Day), how many times has the beaten grand finalist from the year before won this game. I seem to remember in Central's era of dominance, the Eagles won several of the re-matches next year. Hope this makes sense, I'm a little pi55ed!

Since it became a permanent fixture in 2001, including those that were actually played on the 25th (eg. 2004, 26th and 2015, 24th):

Previous years winner: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2018 (9)
Previous years r-up: 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019 (10)

By club:
Central: 9-3 (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
Eagles: 4-4 (2005, 2006, 2016, 2017)
Glenelg: 0-1
North: 1-2 (2014)
Norwood: 3-2 (2013, 2015, 2019)
Port: 0-2
South: 0-0
Sturt: 2-2 (2010, 2018)
West: 0-3

Thanks Spelly, roughly 50/50. I thought it may favour the losing GF more than that.
So were 50/50 to win Sunday. :)
by goddy11
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wish him all the best. A mate of mine was there to see him dodge the people in charge to get a beer, A true legend of the SANFL.
SANFL star of the 1980s Grenville Dietrich has his right leg amputated after serious fall
Goalkicking machine Grenville Dietrich, the larger than life full forward who dominated SANFL football in the mid-1980s, is facing his toughest battle.
Former star SANFL goalkicker Grenville Dietrich is recovering in hospital after having most of his right leg amputated.

The 61-year-old, who twice kicked the century of goals in a season for North Adelaide in the 1980s, is understood to have had two surgeries following complications from a fall in January.

The first surgery at Royal Adelaide Hospital two weeks ago was to remove his right foot after he “just sat home and watched my toes turn black after my fall in January’’ and the second, to remove the leg “from above the knee’’, was earlier this week.

In a Facebook post, Dietrich wrote that his complications had stemmed from “a lack of good blood flow’’.

Dietrich, from Mildura in Victoria, was a flamboyant full forward for the Roosters from 1982-86, leading the club’s goalkicking each year.

Quick on the lead, a spectacular high mark and a superb kick at goal, he booted 445 goals in 103 games for North, including 109 in 1983 and 101 in 1984.

Dietrich played two state games for SA in 1986, kicking seven goals, including four in the Croweaters’ 10-point win against Victoria at Football Park.

He controversially left the Roosters at the end of the 1986 season – after he had played in consecutive losing grand finals against Glenelg – to join SANFL rival West Torrens, allegedly because of “philosophical differences” with North coach Mick Nunan.

Dietrich, a loveable larrikin, was renowned for enjoying the social side of football.

He topped the Eagles’ goalkicking in his first season at the club in 1987, with 54, but battled injuries and played just two games the following year before quitting league football.

He kicked 10 or more goals in a game nine times.
North chief executive Greg Edwards said the club had wrapped its arms around Dietrich, a favourite son, and offered him all the support he needs.

“At the moment we are giving him some space to let him recover from what has been some horrific surgery,’’ Edwards said.

More Coverage
Where are they now ... a chat with Grenville Dietrich in 2014
“He's still in hospital so we’ve just wished him all the best, sent him some flowers and let him know that as soon as he’s ready we’ll throw our arms around him and give him all the support he needs from us.

“Everyone at our club loves Grenville, the number of mates he’s got here is ridiculous. The footy club is important to him and we look forward to being able to help him as much as we can when he gets out of hospital.’’
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/sanfl-star-of-the-1980s-grenville-dietrich-has-his-right-leg-amputated-after-serious-fall/news-story/926d29fea2fadd4dbaf4a589072d7df7?rsf=syn:news:nca:aa:spa:edm&utm_source=AdelaideNow&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Editorial&utm_content=ADV_LATESTNEWS_PM-CUR_01&net_sub_id=285893080&type=curated&position=1&overallPos=1
by goddy11
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Eagles v North Sunday 2.10PM

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:So 2 weeks in a row the North fans have been involved in scuffles ;)

Know any Bays fans you want me to beat the shit out of this week? 8)

I am sure you can easily find someone out of that obnoxious and "roofless" lot
by goddy11
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I don't think anyone has actually read, or understood, the article.

Do tell?

The part about " "Port feel a little unwanted, suggesting the AFL team's football department had lobbied to join the burgeoning national reserves"?

Or is it " when the SANFL goes out on a limb - unlike any other second-tier comp - with coming up with it's own rules that differ from the AFL's"? What like a 25 metre penalty that's been in for so long. Or the last touch out of bounds, which was done from my understanding at the decree of the AFL. Or is it not implementing the stand on the mark rule. Seriously, what a pathetic whinge. The SANFL doesn't exist to support the AFL teams!

Or are we not understanding when " Koch was scathing of the eight SANFL member clubs and the league in general, saying "the idea is to rig the competition to make the AFL clubs as least competitive as possible - but still close enough that their supporters come and financially help the SANFL" Coming from the scabs saved by the SANFL, when they keep losing money. This statement is so idiotic on so many levels. For "f&*( sake their reserves have made three grand finals in a competition rigged for them. So sick of their crap, just piss off out of our league, so we don't have to deal with them.

Is it time the SANFL sanctioned PA for bagging it. There must be a code of conduct for member clubs.
by goddy11
Fri May 14, 2021 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 West v WWT Saturday 1310

I am scared we may have a few missing next match with leather poisoning. Toumpas 45 possessions.
by goddy11
Sat May 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Comments from Central supporters are becoming to factual and focusing on the game. I miss the cutting edge comments from Groucho like the placement of the major sponsor on the guernsey. There should be a push to get him back with real issues that matter. :)
by goddy11
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Typical act of a struggling, undisciplined scrubber club.
The glory days for CDFC are well and truly over
This is a poor attempt if trolling. All Eagles supporters love beating the doggies but most of us respect the CDFC for what they have achieved. I left many a GF with my head hanging down but our wins against them in GF's almost made up for the losses. They will come good like all teams.
by goddy11
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Eagles v Port Saturday 1435

Mc Farlane also goal of the week contender. Valuable addition to the side. 20 goal turn around from the first game.
Lonergan under-rated, he does a lot of clever clearance work and body positioning. Hayes back to his best. Thompson faultless display.
Tsitas must be in the running for the MM. Always under the eyes of the umps.
I was sitting in the cricket club and the Zane Williams goal would have made Eddie Betts proud. Stengel's goal at the same end wasn't bad either .
by goddy11
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MRP News & Discussions

Hoskin’s suspension downgraded to 2 weeks.

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/round-9-sanfl-match-review-panel-2/

The impact was downgrade from high impact to medium. No long term injury to Williams i suppose. They must want a player out injured to get full penalty. I wonder what the AFL would have thought on this verdict.

The interesting one was Fraser Fort. He received a fine and reprimand with early guilty plea however he fronted up on another charge and received the same penalty. One would think if her had a reprimand on 1st charge he should not get a plea deal on the second.
by goddy11
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 1335

We wish you advise you that the time for our games this Sunday against Glenelg have been changed to the following:
Reserves: 10:25AM
League: 1:05PM

I suppose to appease the TV match later on
by goddy11
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |